PDA

View Full Version : Getsy to Greenbay?

starkvegasdawg
01-18-2019, 11:43 AM
SDS reporting they've reached out to him.

msstate7
01-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Not sure we got our bang for the buck with him anyway. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. I'm indifferent on him

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 12:02 PM
He's been rumored to be looking to go back to the NFL. But, SDS could be dropping that since Mingo is coming in.

msstate7
01-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Not sure why he'd rather coach Adams and cobb over Guidry and Mitchell**

I actually expect a nice jump from both Guidry and Mitchell next season whether getsy stays or not

TrapGame
01-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Not sure we got our bang for the buck with him anyway. If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. I'm indifferent on him

Me too. He's not exactly raising eyebrows with his coaching but we could do a lot worse.

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 12:09 PM
I don't think anyone can say Getsy was good or bad. Not with Fitz at QB. Hell, some people claim we had WRs open every play this year. The numbers weren't there but I'm reserving judgment til I see more.

Lord McBuckethead
01-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Yeah with Mingo on his way, this seems outdated.

TrapGame
01-18-2019, 12:15 PM
I don't think anyone can say Getsy was good or bad. Not with Fitz at QB. Hell, some people claim we had WRs open every play this year. The numbers weren't there but I'm reserving judgment til I see more.

That's a good point.

smootness
01-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Peace out

Leeshouldveflanked
01-18-2019, 12:22 PM
I would rather pull Bumphis from Hud’s Staff anyway... but the SDS article coincides with the Mingo visit on purpose.

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Peace out

Yep, he gone. Looks like the rumors were true.

WinningIsRelentless
01-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Please let this happen

MafiaDawg
01-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Huge if true

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Please let this happen

Yeah, a guy that's in demand in the NFL and other college jobs is a bad coach.*

Pollodawg
01-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Yup. Don?t see what he?s done here to constitue any gnashing of teeth over his departure.

Pollodawg
01-18-2019, 01:09 PM

So, our offense wasn’t a problem, and he did an amazing job this season?

MetEdDawg
01-18-2019, 01:11 PM

This. I don't understand the hate for him. First of all, what the heck is he supposed to do to help Mitchell and Guidry catch the two passes they dropped? Our season and our fans perception of this football season was completely changed by two footballs that hit WRs in the hands with no one around them.

Without those 2 drops, not a damn soul in our fan base would be saying crap about Getsy. Losing a guy that coached the Packers WR group would be a big loss for us.

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 01:26 PM
So, our offense wasn’t a problem, and he did an amazing job this season?

We had the worst WRs in America (talent) and a QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. What's he supposed to do? We had little talent on offense. If Getsy sucked, teams wouldn't be chasing him. Our fans are an ignorant or blind bunch a lot of times.

msstate7
01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
We had the worst WRs in America (talent) and a QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. What's he supposed to do? We had little talent on offense. If Getsy sucked, teams wouldn't be chasing him. Our fans are an ignorant or blind bunch a lot of times.

Dramatic much?

ETA... the lengths some of you will trash our players to prop our coaches up never ceases to amaze me

msbulldog
01-18-2019, 01:32 PM

Truth

msstate7
01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Guidry, williams, and whop were built up all offseason as the real deal and gonna be a huge upgrade. Now they're some of the worst WRs in the country... the worst according to cooter.

MafiaDawg
01-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Drops cost us 2 games. I?m going to give the WR coach a little bit of blame if y?all don?t mind. I will help him pack.

confucius say
01-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Wr coaches can teach route running and technique and hand placement and blocking and reads. Not so much the ability to catch. If we have receivers beating press coverage or sitting down in zones and being open, that's a reflection of coaching.

Y'all have been saying for weeks that we had open receivers all year. Now all of a sudden our wr coach sucked. Geez.

Jack Lambert
01-18-2019, 02:19 PM
He's the WR's coach?

Bothrops
01-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Also, to remind folks that wr's on every team in the country have had dropped passes.

Jack Lambert
01-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Also, to remind folks that wr's on every team in the country have had dropped passes.

Yeah but how many have had a open down the middle of the field, in the hands, dropped pass that would beat Florida or a open in the end zone for the winning TD, in the chest, dropped and intercepted? Those are the critical ones. We had way too many dropped passes.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Isn't he also the OC? I know Joe calls the plays, but wasn't Getsy OC in title?

Really Clark?
01-18-2019, 02:31 PM

Sure they do, but our drop percentage was not even league average. It was a true weakness

fader2103
01-18-2019, 03:01 PM
I don't see him going back to Green Bay. He left to come be apart of Joe Moorhead's staff. I could be wrong but I just don't see him leaving.

CadaverDawg
01-18-2019, 03:41 PM
The "Our coaches are not to blame" crowd Before season:
-"This year's team is a 9-10 Win team with last year's WR's, so the sky is the limit this year because we're much improved with Guidry, Williams, Whop, etc."

The "Our coaches are not to blame" crowd now:
-"Our WR's suck. Can't catch a cold. Fitz is trash. Fitz is also to blame for RB's not getting carries." Etc.

You guys sound dumb defending these coaches by trashing our players. The same players that most of you said were why we'd be better. I'm sure the services were wrong rating Guidry, Whop and Williams 4 stars. Meanwhile teams around the country have better offenses with worse QB's AND WR's. But we can't move the ball with a 5th year Senior and 3-4 four star wideouts? Yep, definitely all a talent issue....can't be coaching.**

I've never understood the portion of our fans that always give a pass to the guy making millions to Coach our team. Especially when it's his own specialty of a position group that is holding us back.

Hopefully you guys are right though. I hope he gets better players and it does a 180.
-

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 05:31 PM
-"This year's team is a 9-10 Win team with last year's WR's, so the sky is the limit this year because we're much improved with Guidry, Williams, Whop, etc."

-"Our WR's suck. Can't catch a cold. Fitz is trash. Fitz is also to blame for RB's not getting carries." Etc.

You guys sound dumb defending these coaches by trashing our players. The same players that most of you said were why we'd be better. I'm sure the services were wrong rating Guidry, Whop and Williams 4 stars. Meanwhile teams around the country have better offenses with worse QB's AND WR's. But we can't move the ball with a 5th year Senior and 3-4 four star wideouts? Yep, definitely all a talent issue....can't be coaching.**

I've never understood the portion of our fans that always give a pass to the guy making millions to Coach our team. Especially when it's his own specialty of a position group that is holding us back.

Hopefully you guys are right though. I hope he gets better players and it does a 180.
-

Personally I've contended for awhile that Fitz was most of the issue. Guidry and Mitchell both had their moments good and bad. I was impressed with Osirus in the Outback Bowl in terms of how much he improved. Both need to be more consistent- especially Guidry. As far as Austin Williams I think a lot of that was he has a better rapport with Key. The reason I say that is he stood out in the spring when KT was the QB and it seemed like he was targeted more against Stephen F Austin and Arkansas (TD from KT in the Arkansas game) when KT was the QB. Whop may improve as well because he and KT go back to high school.

And I want Getsy to stay.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
He's been rumored to be looking to go back to the NFL. But, SDS could be dropping that since Mingo is coming in.

Might help us actually...

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Guidry, williams, and whop were built up all offseason as the real deal and gonna be a huge upgrade. Now they're some of the worst WRs in the country... the worst according to cooter.

For the record, I told everyone they were horrible and that Williams wouldn't do anything and they all wanted the great white hope and the fast kid in juco to be stars. Guidry wasn't even great in juco and was nuttier than a squirrel turd. But the sunshiners pumped them. They're the worst in America. They were last year too.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:38 PM

No. Funny how both of them looked a lot better the previous year before this one

CadaverDawg
01-18-2019, 05:39 PM
No. Funny how both of them looked a lot better the previous year before this one

Yep

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:41 PM
For the record, I told everyone they were horrible and that Williams wouldn't do anything and they all wanted the great white hope and the fast kid in juco to be stars. Guidry wasn't even great in juco and was nuttier than a squirrel turd. But the sunshiners pumped them. They're the worst in America. They were last year too.

Williams and Guidry were wanted by other schools as well. Im not defending them they are to blame too but its not all on them.

We could have better recruiters than Getsy. If he stays great, if he leaves fine

Alphadog2017
01-18-2019, 05:44 PM

You?re absolutely correct sir! We sound just like the Oklahoma State fan base that bashes Mike yurcich about how horrible he was, only to get hired by Ohio State. We got that ugly girl syndrome.

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 05:47 PM

A lot better is a big stretch but Mitchell improved.

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 05:49 PM

Guidry wasn't here and Mitchell barely played. So, I'm not understanding this comment.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Guidry wasn't here and Mitchell barely played. So, I'm not understanding this comment.

I was meaning our WRs and QB in general both looked better in the passing game under a guy who doesnt want to throw it compared to a guy who wants to throw it

Turfdawg67
01-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Sure they do, but our drop percentage was not even league average. It was a true weakness

Is he supposedly teaching some new technique or something? See the ball, catch it with your hands, not your body... This is a silly argument. He's in demand, he's prob a lot better than you coach potato superstars.

MetEdDawg
01-18-2019, 06:33 PM
Is he supposedly teaching some new technique or something? See the ball, catch it with your hands, not your body... This is a silly argument. He's in demand, he's prob a lot better than you coach potato superstars.

This. I believe in the Packers evaluation of Getsy's potential more than our fans, many of whom have never played a down of truly meaningful football.

Our fan base laughs at the delusion of OM while we are over here saying the former Packers WR coach doesn't know what he's doing. How many good teams you guys know run around with one of the least talented skill positions in the conference? Go back and look preseason at where the SEC rankings had our WRs. It's not a Getsy issue folks. It's a talent issue. When you go into the season and you have 4 WRs, all of whom had been in college before, that have a lot of "potential", it's probably not gonna be a good year at that position.

maroonmania
01-18-2019, 06:52 PM
This. I believe in the Packers evaluation of Getsy's potential more than our fans, many of whom have never played a down of truly meaningful football.

Our fan base laughs at the delusion of OM while we are over here saying the former Packers WR coach doesn't know what he's doing. How many good teams you guys know run around with one of the least talented skill positions in the conference? Go back and look preseason at where the SEC rankings had our WRs. It's not a Getsy issue folks. It's a talent issue. When you go into the season and you have 4 WRs, all of whom had been in college before, that have a lot of "potential", it's probably not gonna be a good year at that position.

I don't think there are many MSU fans who would say he doesn't know what he is doing. Anyone that gets an on field job at the young age he did in the NFL has got to be a pretty dang good coach, but, on the other hand, given this year's results I will join in saying I'm not going to go into depression if he leaves. So I think most of us would prefer he stays but if he wants to leave then so be it. This is Moorhead's offense no matter what title any other offensive coach has and I certainly want Shoop to stay to finally have some continuity on defense. I feel we can deal with any other changes without any real hiccups in our play next year.

msstate7
01-18-2019, 06:53 PM
When the cardinals hired Kingsbury after TT fired him, most everyone here said the cardinals were dumb. Now the nfl wants getsy and the nfl can't be wrong. The logic of this board is all over the place. With that said, I didn't say getsy was good or bad, but I won't cry about losing any offensive coach after this season

MetEdDawg
01-18-2019, 07:42 PM
When the cardinals hired Kingsbury after TT fired him, most everyone here said the cardinals were dumb. Now the nfl wants getsy and the nfl can't be wrong. The logic of this board is all over the place. With that said, I didn't say getsy was good or bad, but I won't cry about losing any offensive coach after this season

Well I have maintained from the beginning that while there is blame to go around for all, I think Moorhead as a person and coach has a lot less blame and that we not only are weak at WR and QB, but that we were lacking a considerable amount of football knowledge on the offensive side of the football. I think that showed on numerous occasions.

Year 2 should be better, but our skill positions will still be thin. We still will be lower 1/3 of the SEC at WR and we will be young on the OL.

Really Clark?
01-18-2019, 08:11 PM

I was talking about our receiver group and their hands. It’s one of the things that a coach can help with but when the lights come on, it’s up to the receiver to catch the ball. They can get better with this coach or another and do things to work on the skill but game time will be the final judge and it’s up to the player.

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 09:02 PM

Big difference between a guy that has been a WR coach in the NFL going to the NFL as a WR coach and a guy that has no NFL coaching experience and a losing record in college becoming a NFL HC or OC.

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 09:04 PM
I was meaning our WRs and QB in general both looked better in the passing game under a guy who doesnt want to throw it compared to a guy who wants to throw it

I see. Statistically though Fitz was basically the same QB but interestingly enough the biggest difference was Fitz ran the ball a higher percentage of the time when compared to the RB's. Which to me was as much an issue as Fitz's inaccuracy.

dawgday166
01-18-2019, 09:12 PM

-

You forgot "our Oline sucks cause we have no talent and that's all on Hev and Dan".

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 09:15 PM
I see. Statistically though Fitz was basically the same QB but interestingly enough the biggest difference was Fitz ran the ball a higher percentage of the time when compared to the RB's. Which to me was as much an issue as Fitz's inaccuracy.

There is no excuse for that to happen. The fact that he had more carries than both our RBs combined is a huge black mark on Moorhead. There is literally no excuse for it. Some will blame that on Fitz but at the end of the day if Moorhead wants him to hand it off he tells him too and if he doesnt you bench his ass and lay the law down.

So it was that case or it was ok with Moorhead that he carried that much, either way it is bad

dawgday166
01-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Personally I've contended for awhile that Fitz was most of the issue. Guidry and Mitchell both had their moments good and bad. I was impressed with Osirus in the Outback Bowl in terms of how much he improved. Both need to be more consistent- especially Guidry. As far as Austin Williams I think a lot of that was he has a better rapport with Key. The reason I say that is he stood out in the spring when KT was the QB and it seemed like he was targeted more against Stephen F Austin and Arkansas (TD from KT in the Arkansas game) when KT was the QB. Whop may improve as well because he and KT go back to high school.

And I want Getsy to stay.

Austin Williams got open against SFA. He rarely got open in SEC play. Not saying he never got open but he can't get separation that well.

I want Getsy to stay too BTW. I don't agree with some of our starters on O but also understand that Joe's priorities aren't moving the chains but instead is explosive plays. Not sure how Austin really fit into that category tho. Mixon much more explosive.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 09:16 PM
You forgot "our Oline sucks cause we have no talent and that's all on Hev and Dan".

Our OL was one of the better ones in the SEC. People will point out the UK game but that was one game against a special talent that we looked like we had no plan for.

If we just run what UK did on offense this year we are 11-2

dawgday166
01-18-2019, 09:18 PM
There is no excuse for that to happen. The fact that he had more carries than both our RBs combined is a huge black mark on Moorhead. There is literally no excuse for it. Some will blame that on Fitz but at the end of the day if Moorhead wants him to hand it off he tells him too and if he doesnt you bench his ass and lay the law down.

So it was that case or it was ok with Moorhead that he carried that much, either way it is bad

Ultimately it is almost always the HC's fault. I said that under Mullen and I say it now. Some didn't say it under Mullen, but are saying it now, and vice-versa.

MrKotter
01-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Dramatic much?

ETA... the lengths some of you will trash our players to prop our coaches up never ceases to amaze me

You shouldn?t be calling anyone out for dramatics.

dawgday166
01-18-2019, 09:20 PM
Our OL was one of the better ones in the SEC. People will point out the UK game but that was one game against a special talent that we looked like we had no plan for.

If we just run what UK did on offense this year we are 11-2

I think we were ok but not consistent and broke down at inopportune times, especially against upper tier competition and more so earlier in the year. Some on here insist that is ALL Hev's and Mullen's fault due to talent. I don't think talent was the whole issue tho or even the major issue except at LT maybe.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 09:25 PM
I think we were ok but not consistent and broke down at inopportune times, especially against upper tier competition and more so earlier in the year. Some on here insist that is ALL Hev's and Mullen's fault due to talent. I don't think talent was the whole issue tho or even the major issue except at LT maybe.

If we run the ball 3 times and punt in that game and the UF game we win both. Wouldve been tougher against LSU but we wouldve had a shot

dawgday166
01-18-2019, 09:32 PM
You shouldn?t be calling anyone out for dramatics.

7 is the coolest, most even keel guy on the board. He takes everything in stride *********

msstate7
01-18-2019, 10:28 PM
7 is the coolest, most even keel guy on the board. He takes everything in stride *********

Damn right haha

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2019, 12:17 PM
I would rather pull Bumphis from Hud?s Staff anyway... but the SDS article coincides with the Mingo visit on purpose.

Bingo.

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2019, 12:19 PM
Austin Williams got open against SFA. He rarely got open in SEC play. Not saying he never got open but he can't get separation that well.

I want Getsy to stay too BTW. I don't agree with some of our starters on O but also understand that Joe's priorities aren't moving the chains but instead is explosive plays. Not sure how Austin really fit into that category tho. Mixon much more explosive.

Mixon was still working on his injury. No one knows the extent of his injury, but for him and Fitz to be in physical therapy all off season goes to show you what he was trying to bounce back from.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2019, 12:23 PM

He has a successful track record in the NFL. Kingsbury does not. Kingsbury has proven he sucked in college though. It?s the cardinals.

WinningIsRelentless
01-19-2019, 12:42 PM
The NFL offensive systems are completely different than the vast majority of college offensive systems. Word out of the football complex is JoMo has encourage Getsy to look around. Getsy was putting together most of our offensive packages and Moorehead was just calling the plays. Hence the reason some games we got real pass happy.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 12:48 PM
The NFL offensive systems are completely different than the vast majority of college offensive systems. Word out of the football complex is JoMo has encourage Getsy to look around. Getsy was putting together most of our offensive packages and Moorehead was just calling the plays. Hence the reason some games we got real pass happy.

A lot of inaccurate parts to this post and I'll leave it at that.