PDA

View Full Version : This will drive a couple of you basketball guys crazy...

BrunswickDawg
01-18-2019, 06:42 AM
https://twitter.com/gsathletics_mbb/status/1086052132577517569?s=21

missouridawg
01-18-2019, 08:17 AM
D’Marcus Simmonds averages 19 pts/game for Georgia State too

msstate7
01-18-2019, 08:22 AM
I was so mad when we dropped tookie. I understand we got Malik, but damn, I wanted both

Gutter Cobreh
01-18-2019, 08:23 AM
This thread will definitely give Dawg61 something to discuss all day today.... he's like Tookie's agent, if memory serves me correctly. Thanks Brunswick!

msstate7
01-18-2019, 08:46 AM
This thread will definitely give Dawg61 something to discuss all day today.... he's like Tookie's agent, if memory serves me correctly. Thanks Brunswick!

Me and 61 were co-agents. We both melted pretty hard... I know that's hard to believe with me**

Scared_Hitless
01-18-2019, 10:00 AM
This is why I hate recruiting stars, we chased Malik a diva that quit on our University. Tookie would still be here tearing it up.

BrunswickDawg
01-18-2019, 10:48 AM
This is why I hate recruiting stars, we chased Malik a diva that quit on our University. Tookie would still be here tearing it up.

Tookie has had a better college career.

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Tookie is Howland's biggest miss but he really didn't have much of a choice. Malik wasn't coming here if Tookie was cause Newman is a bitch like that and Howland needed to make a splash headline in recruiting which he did right away with Newman and Kegler's stars helping.

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:19 AM

Meanwhile Tennessee is #1 in the country with their top 6 guys all being rated 3* players outta HS. Rick Barnes has done an amazing job for them.

msstate7
01-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Meanwhile Tennessee is #1 in the country with their top 6 guys all being rated 3* players outta HS. Rick Barnes has done an amazing job for them.

It'll be interesting if Barnes can keep it rolling after Williams and schofield leave. He has gotten a high 4-star last year and a 5-star this year

Cooterpoot
01-18-2019, 11:41 AM

And he'll flounder in the tourney like he always does.

Scared_Hitless
01-18-2019, 11:48 AM
I think the main issue is Howland needs the best players possible in recruiting, because honestly our player development does not seem top notch. These guys are taking small steps not leaps like they are at other places. Q is still basically the same guy as a senior that he was as a freshman.

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:49 AM
And he'll flounder in the tourney like he always does.

Not so sure this year. Tennessee looks like they can win the natty if they can escape playing vs Duke.

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:52 AM
I think the main issue is Howland needs the best players possible in recruiting, because honestly our player development does not seem top notch. These guys are taking small steps not leaps like they are at other places. Q is still basically the same guy as a senior that he was as a freshman.

You can only take a horse to water you can't make em drink it. I think we'll see better player development from Nick, Woodard and Perry than we did from Aric, Q and Lamar and to me that's because of the internal makeup of the person not the coach developing them.

Tbonewannabe
01-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Tookie is Howland's biggest miss but he really didn't have much of a choice. Malik wasn't coming here if Tookie was cause Newman is a bitch like that and Howland needed to make a splash headline in recruiting which he did right away with Newman and Kegler's stars helping.

Malik his last year at Kansas was what we thought we were getting. If he actually accepted coaching then he probably has the better career. He also gave us momentum in recruiting. It is what it is.

Howland's team looks great when our guys aren't being selfish and pass the ball.

MarketingBully
01-19-2019, 01:23 AM
Malik his last year at Kansas was what we thought we were getting. If he actually accepted coaching then he probably has the better career. He also gave us momentum in recruiting. It is what it is.

Howland's team looks great when our guys aren't being selfish and pass the ball.

Holman has grown leaps and bounds since coming here. The kid has developed into a legitimate stretch four for the NBA with his shooting range. Most to all of our players have developed quite well here. Had we played like we did in the non conference and not regressed to playing hero ball to start the SEC season we’d be 3-0 and no one would say Howland can’t develop players. The game vs Vandy imo is all about us. Do we run our offense move without the ball and be patient on offense? Do we play with intensity on defense and limit them to one shot at goal? We do that and we will beat Vandy by 10+.

timotheus
01-19-2019, 01:52 AM
I agree but will any team in the NBA take Holman since he won't play defense against an elderly lady? I still say he's lazy and plays when he wants to.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2019, 02:59 AM
How's Kegler doing? That guy seemed like a waste of talent to me.

Hambone
01-19-2019, 09:05 AM
He was suspended the beginning of the year for 10 games or so..... So it wasn’t just a wrong fit for him here

tcdog70
01-19-2019, 10:36 AM
If you can't see a lot of growth in LAMAR Peters game then you are a basketball moron.