PDA

View Full Version : Left & infield

justwin
01-18-2019, 12:15 AM
Who is going to be starters? Roddy stay in left or back to 2nd? Where?s tanner Poole going to play? Do we have a big time hitting 1b this year, who? West berg short stop? Is Luke Alexander around?

KOdawg1
01-18-2019, 12:18 AM
Who is going to be starters? Roddy stay in left or back to 2nd? Where?s tanner Poole going to play? Do we have a big time hitting 1b this year, who? West berg short stop? Is Luke Alexander around?
I think you mean Tanner Allen

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 12:29 AM
Very much up in the air. We'll probably start out with Tanner Allen at first, Gunner Halter at second, Westburg at SS, and Foscue at third and Rowdey in LF. LA's career at MSU is over.

Coursesuper
01-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Very much up in the air. We'll probably start out with Tanner Allen at first, Gunner Halter at second, Westburg at SS, and Foscue at third and Rowdey in LF. LA's career at MSU is over.

Don't count Landon Jordan out at third base.

louisvilledawg
01-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Who's gonna start behind the plate this season?

Johnson85
01-18-2019, 11:08 AM

Did he ever appeal? Did we want him back and/or he want to come back? Or did he pop hot and just decide to take his chance at minor league ball or what?

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Who's gonna start behind the plate this season?

We've got a HUGE upgrade at catcher. Going to stick one of these back there https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-PitchBack-Baseball-Throwing-Fielding/dp/B003D6FDBY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1547828692&sr=8-4&keywords=pitching+net

He's a huge upgrade in reducing passed balls and framing the pitch. He's not very good at hitting or throwing out runners, but if you compare him to Skelton he's still probably an upgrade at both. He's also not a dick to his teammates which is another improvement

Saltydog
01-18-2019, 11:44 AM
NT

Homedawg
01-18-2019, 03:28 PM
From all accounts from fall ball, I think Skelton is going to be the starter.

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Did he ever appeal? Did we want him back and/or he want to come back? Or did he pop hot and just decide to take his chance at minor league ball or what?

If I remember correctly he appealed in August and it was denied.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:54 PM

I thought Shotgun said Halter couldnt hit? Aint he the JUCO kid?

Homedawg
01-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Halter did struggle in the fall for the most part

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Halter did struggle in the fall for the most part

That aint good. Ginn can play SS if we needed him too

Homedawg
01-18-2019, 08:52 PM
First fall struggles aren't new. Heck JT struggled at the plate to begin w too. Westburg is going to be the ss. Halter is going to get his shot at second though.

Steakonastick
01-18-2019, 08:57 PM
LF Rowdy
CF Mangum
RF Mac
3B Foscue
SS Westburg
2b Halter
1b Allen
C Skelton
DH Landon Jordan’s

Friday- Small
Saturday- Ginn
Sunday- James

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 09:07 PM
I thought Shotgun said Halter couldnt hit? Aint he the JUCO kid?

He may very well struggle. I don't think that is outside of the realm of possibility especially since it seems like most JUCO guys take a few weeks to adjust. But I still think that he starts the season at second and if he does struggle we will look at other options at that point.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 09:11 PM
He may very well struggle. I don't think that is outside of the realm of possibility especially since it seems like most JUCO guys take a few weeks to adjust. But I still think that he starts the season at second and if he does struggle we will look at other options at that point.

Does he at least have potential to be able to hit

Todd4State
01-18-2019, 09:33 PM
Does he at least have potential to be able to hit

I think he has the "potential" to hit. We'll see what Gautreau can do with him.

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 09:34 PM
I think he has the "potential" to hit. We'll see what Gautreau can do with him.

Good I can live with taking some lumps if he has the chance to be good in May

Homedawg
01-18-2019, 09:49 PM

I think that's pretty accurate. 2nd is the biggest question mark w the staff.

Matty Dispatch
01-19-2019, 09:00 AM

I don't get why Luke is not on the team anymore. He could play 2B or at least provide depth on the bench. What would it hurt to have a seasoned, clutch player who is pretty good defensively on the team? Maybe he had all scholly money taken away and decided it wasn't worth it.

graddawg
01-19-2019, 11:03 AM
I don't get why Luke is not on the team anymore. He could play 2B or at least provide depth on the bench. What would it hurt to have a seasoned, clutch player who is pretty good defensively on the team? Maybe he had all scholly money taken away and decided it wasn't worth it.

He isn?t eligible to play.