PDA

View Full Version : Could jerry Jones make a run at Sean Payton?

msstate7
01-16-2019, 10:02 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/16/why-wont-jerry-jones-commit-to-jason-garrett-we-have-an-idea/

Maybe drew wins a super bowl and retires and this gives Sean a good timing to make the jump to Dallas. As long as brees is willing to play though, I expect Sean in Nola

Cooterpoot
01-16-2019, 10:27 PM
Payton isn’t stupid enough to work for Jerry.

Political Hack
01-17-2019, 12:57 AM
I was actually wondering this the other day, but I don't think he'd leave unless Brees was retiring.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-17-2019, 09:24 AM
Payton isn’t stupid enough to work for Jerry.

Why wouldn't Payton want to work for the most valuable franchise in the WORLD? He has a previous relationship with Jerry.

Would be great for Dak!

I bet this story has legs

Cooterpoot
01-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Because he'll have no input on the draft etc. Jerry and lil Jerry make those calls. Plus, Jerry isn't capable of making such a big move. The man ran off Jimmy Johnson, who he was friends with.

msstate7
01-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Why wouldn't Payton want to work for the most valuable franchise in the WORLD? He has a previous relationship with Jerry.

Would be great for Dak!

I bet this story has legs

Saint fans think it could be McVay or josh McDaniels. Probably just wishful thinking though

TrapGame
01-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Jerry Jones is a micromanaging son of a bitch and would be up Sean's ass 24/7. He has far more autonomy and input with the Saints organization.

Matty Dispatch
01-17-2019, 11:02 AM
NFL coaches cannot jump from one head coaching job to another. They have non-compete clauses. Sean Payton's contract runs through 2020 so Jerry Jones would have to trade for Sean Payton....like the Bucs did with Jon Gruden in 2002, and it has happened several other times. But there's no way the Saints are going to agree to that....the Cowboys have already traded away their #1 pick for Amari Cooper.

StarkVegasSteve
01-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Lincoln Riley is going to be there if Garrett is fired. And that's a BIG if. Just from what I've seen, and mind you I don't like the Cowboys, the reason Garrett has been there so long is because he takes whatever Jones says as the absolute law. He's basically been the perfect yes man for Jerry. So I doubt Garrett is let go.

parabrave
01-17-2019, 01:32 PM
Sean basically has total football control in New Orleans. Micky has the business side. No way he gives up that authority. The only way he can be fired is if he does it to himself.

lastmajordog
01-17-2019, 06:20 PM
I think it’s incredible what Sean and Drew did for this (past) horrid football team......and DON’T want him to go......BUT....Jerry better be ready to go get SEVERAL great receivers and one great pass catching back aka sproles/ Kamara type. That is what Sean does....if not he should let him be

bobtail bob
01-17-2019, 09:09 PM
"I'll be here as long as they will have me " Sean Payton when asked about leaving the Saints a couple of years ago. Anybody that knows anything about him knows that he is fiercely loyal and a man of his word so I take him over a paid recycled story to keep cows in the news after they got put out again. He's signed through 2020