PDA

View Full Version : Hurts to OKL

BigEasyDawg
01-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Plug and Play for ol' Riley. Can they have 3 Heisman QBS back to back to back?

TUSK
01-16-2019, 02:14 PM

That's great for him! Happy to see him at a big time program!

Hopefully they'll find a Defense to help him out...

BigEasyDawg
01-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Does OU have any QBs they have recruited and signed as Freshmen?

Commercecomet24
01-16-2019, 02:25 PM
I'm wondering how good a fit Hurts is for the OU offense. Of course Riley knows way more than me about what he's looking for but I'm just having trouble picturing hurts in that offense. I'm sure hurts is thinking running this offense will get my drafted. Guess we'll find out in the fall.

Doggie_Style
01-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Yea it would have been a travesty in he had come to a low-brow program like MSU, huh?***

TUSK
01-16-2019, 02:34 PM
I'm wondering how good a fit Hurts is for the OU offense. Of course Riley knows way more than me about what he's looking for but I'm just having trouble picturing hurts in that offense. I'm sure hurts is thinking running this offense will get my drafted. Guess we'll find out in the fall.

I think it'll depend on which Hurts they get... If they get 2016/2017 Jalen, OU is in trouble. If they get the 2018 version (small sample size), they'll be a legit CFP threat (provided they find a D)...

TUSK
01-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Yea it would have been a travesty in he had come to a low-brow program like MSU, huh?***

Actually, I had TCU, Houston, and Maryland in mind... I never thought he'd stay in conference...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-16-2019, 02:52 PM

Hurts, Heisman? Hahah now that's funny.

Cooterpoot
01-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Terrible fit

msu15
01-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Actually, I had TCU, Houston, and Maryland in mind... I never thought he'd stay in conference...

Pay him no mind

Lord McBuckethead
01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
I thought he would have went to OSU. No idea, but figured OSU or OU.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Terrible fit

Yeah I'm not saying he can't do it, but I'm just not seeing it.

bulldawg28
01-16-2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah I'm not saying he can't do it, but I'm just not seeing it.

Agreed. It's great for Hurts he gets a chance to prove doubters wrong throwing. However, he's not been coached or played well enough to run an air attack. He needs to learn how to sit in the pocket. make reads, and complete the pass. He'd rather run that pass. There is no way OU wins many shootouts with Jalen at Qb.

Jack Lambert
01-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Be funny he did win the Heisman and beat Bama in the play offs. Also be bad for Tua but funny for Bama is Tua is hurt and cannot play in the game.

Goldendawg
01-16-2019, 06:46 PM
Agreed. It's great for Hurts he gets a chance to prove doubters wrong throwing. However, he's not been coached or played well enough to run an air attack. He needs to learn how to sit in the pocket. make reads, and complete the pass. He'd rather run that pass. There is no way OU wins many shootouts with Jalen at Qb.

Maybe he can get film of our RPO with Fitz.******

TUSK
01-16-2019, 07:12 PM

That was certainly the book on him up until this year. But this year (few moments) may have been an anomaly.

bulldawg28
01-16-2019, 08:11 PM
That was certainly the book on him up until this year. But this year (few moments) may have been an anomaly.

A few moments is the only time he's been a successful passer.

bulldawg28
01-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Maybe he can get film of our RPO with Fitz.******

Fitz can definitely get him up to speed!

Pit Bull
01-16-2019, 08:39 PM

If he wants to showcase his passing skills for the NFL scouts, he should have gone to Washington State. Leach would let him throw it all over the place.

TUSK
01-17-2019, 12:31 AM
A few moments is the only time he's been a successful passer.

Thanks for the translation to the populous...

bulldawg28
01-17-2019, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the translation to the populous...

Man crush still huh?

TStationDawg
01-17-2019, 05:14 PM

Tua is saying the same thing right about now. Just saying....

justwin
01-18-2019, 12:12 AM

10-2 at best. At best

those Bama Ds were more 26-2 than jalen

The real question is who is tua?s backup? Tua quit & didn?t finish 3 toughest games of season so bama got more qbs?

TUSK
01-18-2019, 01:16 AM
10-2 at best. At best

those Bama Ds were more 26-2 than jalen

The real question is who is tua?s backup? Tua quit & didn?t finish 3 toughest games of season so bama got more qbs?

That's a fact re: Jalen/D.... also, Tua didn't finish ANY games this season, to be accurate...

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Mac Jones
3. Taulia Tagovailoa
4. Paul Tyson

bulldawg28
01-18-2019, 01:38 AM
That's a fact re: Jalen/D.... also, Tua didn't finish ANY games this season, to be accurate...

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Mac Jones
3. Taulia Tagovailoa
4. Paul Tyson

So no Bama doesn't have a serviceble backup just bodies.

TUSK
01-18-2019, 03:44 AM
So no Bama doesn't have a serviceble backup just bodies.

"Serviceable" has variant meanings depending on the program...

Now, I'm not saying Bammer will average Fitty a game in '19, nor would I dare say they'll beat up on the SEC at a clip of 30+ per game like this past season...

But I do think with the way the schedule sets up and with the talent returning, they'll have a great shot at replacing a few pieces and making a run in the post season...

bulldawg28
01-18-2019, 06:17 AM
"Serviceable" has variant meanings depending on the program...

Now, I'm not saying Bammer will average Fitty a game in '19, nor would I dare say they'll beat up on the SEC at a clip of 30+ per game like this past season...

But I do think with the way the schedule sets up and with the talent returning, they'll have a great shot at replacing a few pieces and making a run in the post season...

With big brother Tua at Qb you'll average a high number. The other poster brought up an interesting point with injury though. You guys don't have a winning backup. I think the team will return to run heavy this upcoming season for this very reason. I think the true RPO will be situational.

TUSK
01-18-2019, 02:02 PM
With big brother Tua at Qb you'll average a high number. The other poster brought up an interesting point with injury though. You guys don't have a winning backup. I think the team will return to run heavy this upcoming season for this very reason. I think the true RPO will be situational.

I dunno many teams that do have a “winning backup”, but if it means going “run heavy”, I’m all for it. I’m not a big fan of the type offense Bammer ran this past year.

I’d rather see them beat people up.