PDA

View Full Version : 2023 baseball commit?

AlSwearengen
01-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Looks like we got a baseball commit from Brodey Walker of Brandon. I?m sure someone here will know him.

Todd4State
01-15-2019, 11:36 PM
Yep. He plays at Northwest Rankin. And not the first 8th grader we've gotten a commitment from in baseball.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-15-2019, 11:53 PM
https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/MS/Brodey-Walker-8451603972#tab2

Dawg61
01-16-2019, 12:37 AM
Hahahaha we are taking commits from 8th graders now. TeeBall has the best prospects!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

Todd4State
01-16-2019, 01:00 AM
Hahahaha we are taking commits from 8th graders now. TeeBall has the best prospects!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

Thanks for the advice Ron Polk II.**

Dawg61
01-16-2019, 01:32 AM
Lemons could sign a baby in diapers and you'd back it. Hahaha

AlSwearengen
01-16-2019, 08:51 AM

This isn’t rocket science. Take his commit, and if he is at the top of his class when he is a senior, great, you just got a stud pitcher. If they don’t progress, tell them they would be better off at UAB or wherever. Beats the hell out of letting olemiss or lsu sign him. There is zero skin off of our backs for recruiting this way. Can’t believe I just help you trample on the post about our newest commit.

Todd4State
01-16-2019, 09:34 AM

I back not trashing a new commits thread. And everyone gets commits from players this young. But you're too stupid to understand that.

Cooterpoot
01-16-2019, 09:42 AM
NCAA is going to eliminate early commits like this. They've already started rule changes.

Pedrioa is King
01-16-2019, 09:43 AM
He just went to camp there and they saw him. He’s a left handed pitcher. He’s good now.

Dawg61
01-16-2019, 09:50 AM
I back not trashing a new commits thread. And everyone gets commits from players this young. But you're too stupid to understand that.

I'm not trashing the player dumbass I'm trashing the strategy of taking commits from 8th graders.

Jacksondevildog
01-16-2019, 04:24 PM
We?ve had multiple 8th graders commit to baseball in the past couple of years. Alexander, Austin Kelly (committed), Hancock, etc.

Dawg61
01-16-2019, 04:34 PM
We?ve had multiple 8th graders commit to baseball in the past couple of years. Alexander, Austin Kelly (committed), Hancock, etc.

That makes it worse not better. Unless it's literally Mike Trout nobody should take a commit from a kid closer to elementary school than college in age. I can't believe this even needs a discussion and it's absolutely mind-blowing we have muppets that support this idea of "recruiting".

preachermatt83
01-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Blaze Jordan has to be getting close to graduating by now... anywhere know what his draft outlook is? At one time it was said there there was no amount of money that would keep him from coming to college. Not sure where that stands now. He has tremendous power

jwells
01-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Blaze Jordan has to be getting close to graduating by now... anywhere know what his draft outlook is? At one time it was said there there was no amount of money that would keep him from coming to college. Not sure where that stands now. He has tremendous power

He is a sophomore.

AlSwearengen
01-16-2019, 05:19 PM
He is a sophomore.

Hasn’t he consistently been in the top ten in his class?

jwells
01-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Hasn’t he consistently been in the top ten in his class?

Yes. Has remained steady and is currently #1 in his class in Perfect Game's rankings

Homedawg
01-16-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm not trashing the player dumbass I'm trashing the strategy of taking commits from 8th graders.

No much downside. The downside is, if you don't someone else will, and if he ends up a stud people like yourself complain why in the hell did we lose a kid from nwr. Again, dumb not to.

Dawg61
01-16-2019, 11:05 PM
No much downside. The downside is, if you don't someone else will, and if he ends up a stud people like yourself complain why in the hell did we lose a kid from nwr. Again, dumb not to.

No it's dumb to even be looking/evaluating kids two years removed from little league where you can't even lead off and can't steal till the pitch has crossed the plate. Oh and the mounds are closer and so are the basepaths and fences. Strikeeeeee one for Lemons.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Does this kid have twitter? Because I really want to be that grown man who tweets a recruit who can't drive, shave, or grow hair on his balls about coming to college at my alma mater.

Homedawg
01-16-2019, 11:31 PM
No it's dumb to even be looking/evaluating kids two years removed from little league where you can't even lead off and can't steal till the pitch has crossed the plate. Oh and the mounds are closer and so are the basepaths and fences. Strikeeeeee one for Lemons.

Look man, it's obvious you don't know crap about youth baseball or college for that matter based on your post so..... I'll let it go w this. It's actually homerun number 1. He gets it. It's how the game is played.

Randolph Dupree
01-16-2019, 11:54 PM

Look, I get your point but that's how the recruiting game is for baseball right now. Not saying it's right or wrong but it is what it is. The post above is correct in that if we can choose not to take these commits and miss out or we can play the game.

For what it's worth, your take on the way the game is played at the younger level is way off. These kids play MLB rules from the time they are 9. Field scale is reduced, but that's it. I just got home from taking my kid to a baseball practice...in January...let that sink in. The two main points of that practice were two strike approach at the plate, and footwork for SS and 2B on the double play. He plays 10U. Kids are WAY more advanced than we were.

oompa
01-17-2019, 12:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy878f83Xa4

Dawg61
01-17-2019, 12:49 AM
Look man, it's obvious you don't know crap about youth baseball or college for that matter based on your post so..... I'll let it go w this. It's actually homerun number 1. He gets it. It's how the game is played.

A homerun? Hahaha shit like this is why Southern Miss will beat our ass again. 8th graders lolz

Dawg61
01-17-2019, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy878f83Xa4

If I could rep you a thousand times I would. Sadly I can only give you one. This time.

Todd4State
01-17-2019, 01:14 AM
A homerun? Hahaha shit like this is why Southern Miss will beat our ass again. 8th graders lolz

Hey dipshit. This thread went over as well for you as it did on sixpack when it got zero likes and four dislikes. When no one agrees with you- you're probably wrong. And as I said in another thread that you have trolled- be glad I'm not a moderator or you would be banned for a week.

And the funny thing about USM- they would have taken this players commitment too.

Stick to what you're good at. Which is not posting. Ever again.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-17-2019, 07:48 AM
Incorrect.

Dawg61
01-17-2019, 10:03 AM
Hey dipshit. This thread went over as well for you as it did on sixpack when it got zero likes and four dislikes. When no one agrees with you- you're probably wrong. And as I said in another thread that you have trolled- be glad I'm not a moderator or you would be banned for a week.

And the funny thing about USM- they would have taken this players commitment too.

Stick to what you're good at. Which is not posting. Ever again.

Discussing commits from pre-teens is a worthy discussion for a MSU board not a bannable offense loser.

ScoobaDawg
01-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Discussing commits from pre-teens is a worthy discussion for a MSU board not a bannable offense loser.

Pre-teen? I didn't know 14.5 years old is considered a pre-teen. Can you spell it out for me. Pre...means before. F-OOOO-UUUU---RRR---TEEEEEEN is a TEEEEENanger.

Trolling is a bannable offense... so watch it. But with you who can tell the difference in trolling and just being a pure Grade A Dumbass with no correct facts or logical thoughts.

Go wack off and watch Wolf Blitzer

Dawg61
01-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Pre-teen? I didn't know 14.5 years old is considered a pre-teen. Can you spell it out for me. Pre...means before. F-OOOO-UUUU---RRR---TEEEEEEN is a TEEEEENanger.

That's the joke

ScoobaDawg
01-17-2019, 04:18 PM
That's the joke

http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/05260377654d09c29496ee38dc15120a9871c6-v5-wm.jpg

Dawg61
01-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Didn't realize I had to make obvious exaggerations more obvious for you to pick up on.

Steakonastick
01-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Just got a huge 2022 commit. Ranked #15 by Perfect Game. Maybe we should have passed on him since he’s only in 9th grade.

Homedawg
01-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Just got a huge 2022 commit. Ranked #15 by Perfect Game. Maybe we should have passed on him since he’s only in 9th grade.

Wish we'd quit screwing around wasting time on these young kids*********

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:50 PM

You saying we just got our 3rd 8th or 9th grader to commit in the last three days? Lolz

Dawg61
01-18-2019, 11:51 PM
Wish we'd quit screwing around wasting time on these young kids*********

I'd say bookmark your post but you'll be in a retirement home by the time they might actually touch the field here and I'm not sure if you'll have wifi there.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I'd say bookmark your post but you'll be in a retirement home by the time they might actually touch the field here and I'm not sure if you'll have wifi there.

Bookmark it pal. You managed to look stupid in three separate posts, I'm shocked you haven't started another thread to make more

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 10:04 AM
The one and only 8th graded that committed to us and has made it here to play so far started on a college World Series team. So by my math it's 1-0 for taking 8th grade commits.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 10:50 AM
Bookmark it pal. You managed to look stupid in three separate posts, I'm shocked you haven't started another thread to make more

It's been 3 days since the 8th grader committed. You've got another 1,500 or so to go before he might step on the field so you might wanna pace yourself stupid.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 10:54 AM
The one and only 8th graded that committed to us and has made it here to play so far started on a college World Series team. So by my math it's 1-0 for taking 8th grade commits.

Yea strong case you got when the guy that was processed and half the board called Foambat is your only evidence.

Todd4State
01-19-2019, 11:27 AM
Yea strong case you got when the guy that was processed and half the board called Foambat is your only evidence.

LA wasn't processed. Him not being here is not his or MSU's choice. He would be our starting SS this year.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 11:28 AM
He was t processed. Wrong again you idiot. And I don't care what the board called him, the FACT is he was a two year starter the last of which was on a cws team. Keep playing dumb ass.

Pedrioa is King
01-19-2019, 12:06 PM
LA has been announced as the new graduate assistant coach. Why isn’t he playing pro ball?

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 12:14 PM
He was t processed. Wrong again you idiot. And I don't care what the board called him, the FACT is he was a two year starter the last of which was on a cws team. Keep playing dumb ass.

Yet he's not here playing his senior year. Dumbass.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 12:16 PM
LA wasn't processed. Him not being here is not his or MSU's choice. He would be our starting SS this year.

But he's not.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Yet he's not here playing his senior year. Dumbass.

What's the argument?? He committed As an 8th grader, started 2 years so bc he made a poor decision it was dumb on our part? Talk about a guy that either won't admit defeat or is a bigger dumbass than I thought. The latter is becoming more likely.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 12:55 PM
What's the argument?? He committed As an 8th grader, started 2 years so bc he made a poor decision it was dumb on our part? Talk about a guy that either won't admit defeat or is a bigger dumbass than I thought. The latter is becoming more likely.

We've had 3 8th&9th graders commit in the last week. Seems like we are spending quite a bit of time on middle schoolers instead of all the guys we are about to miss on like we miss on every single season. You wanna use Foambat as your example to keep on keeping on with recruiting tots though. I'd like a team better than Foambats. You'd like a team full of Foambats. Dumbass.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 01:18 PM
We've had 3 8th&9th graders commit in the last week. Seems like we are spending quite a bit of time on middle schoolers instead of all the guys we are about to miss on like we miss on every single season. You wanna use Foambat as your example to keep on keeping on with recruiting tots though. I'd like a team better than Foambats. You'd like a team full of Foambats. Dumbass.

Again, you have no idea how much time it where we saw these kids. So, again, would you prefer we tell them to **** off because they aren't old enough in the eyes of a dumbass poster on elite?? As for Luke, yeah I'll take a two year starter. How many guys do we sign that never even contribute? Happens a lot but you wouldn't know. You have no clue. None. Which you have made clear.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-19-2019, 01:30 PM
LA was determined by the NCAA to not be eligible to play anymore. That is why he is not playing anymore.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Again, you have no idea how much time it where we saw these kids. So, again, would you prefer we tell them to **** off because they aren't old enough in the eyes of a dumbass poster on elite?? As for Luke, yeah I'll take a two year starter. How many guys do we sign that never even contribute? Happens a lot but you wouldn't know. You have no clue. None. Which you have made clear.

If you're even looking at an 8th grader you aren't making your team better for the next season.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 05:52 PM
If you're even looking at an 8th grader you aren't making your team better for the next season.

So.... even if you are hosting a camp of 13-14-15 olds and it's not legal to go on the road recruiting.. don't look at em?? Gotcha. Makes PERFECT sense. Damn you have solidified your place in stupidity on this board. Just when I thought you were about to break out of the top 5. Boy was I wrong.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 06:01 PM
So.... even if you are hosting a camp of 13-14-15 olds and it's not legal to go on the road recruiting.. don't look at em?? Gotcha. Makes PERFECT sense. Damn you have solidified your place in stupidity on this board. Just when I thought you were about to break out of the top 5. Boy was I wrong.

Lol you worried about 13 year olds.

Homedawg
01-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Lol you worried about 13 year olds.

That's what I thought. No logical comeback. Because there isn't one. Not one single reason to not look at and take them. If they regress, you pull the offer. Happens all the time now.

Pit Bull
01-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Not sure how you can project what an 8th grader will be like in 5 years. I dont think I would ever let any kid earlier than the 10th grade commit to my school. Usually by the 10th grade you have a good idea whether a player has got it or not for college level play.

Dawg61
01-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Not sure how you can project what an 8th grader will be like in 5 years. I dont think I would ever let any kid earlier than the 10th grade commit to my school. Usually by the 10th grade you have a good idea whether a player has got it or not for college level play.

Have some rep. I agree 100%. Not sure why dumb17 can't just say it.