PDA

View Full Version : Just awful.....

basedog
01-15-2019, 10:55 PM
I got to say it is so bad reading folks not happy about winning. It makes no sense but again, it's like this in every sport with you guys.
If you gonna bitch at least do it when we get beat. It doesn't have to be pretty about winning.

At least the coaches and players look at the tape and correct mistakes. I promise the coaches and players are happy about beating Florida.

Just saying.

Todd4State
01-15-2019, 11:04 PM
I agree and I don't understand it. I may not care for a coach at MSU but I won't pull against MSU in some weird way hoping that by not having success we'll somehow be better off in the long run.

And our fans have to do better about letting go of losses. Like we could sweep LSU in baseball but inevitably you'll have people that post about the random midweek loss we had the third week in February and how sweeping LSU just makes them even "more mad" about that loss to Southeastern Louisiana or whoever.

bluelightstar
01-15-2019, 11:14 PM
Tennessee is the only dominant team in this league, and there is otherwise a lot of parity. There's going to be a lot of back and forth games, and down-to-the-wire games that can go either way. Hell, South Carolina is unbeaten. Kentucky lost to Alabama, and Alabama lost to a middling Texas A&M team.

basedog
01-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Hell I have read bitching about Vic and women's basketball. All he has ever done is taken his program above all other sports at Msu to a level never done before.

Some of you guys need to step away some and quit posting so much negative about winning or how we won while bitching about it.

Just Saying!

Todd4State
01-15-2019, 11:37 PM
Hell I have read bitching about Vic and women's basketball. All he has ever done is taken his program above all other sports at Msu to a level never done before.

Some of you guys need to step away some and quit posting so much negative about winning or how we won while bitching about it.

Just Saying!

I wish all of our coaches were like Vic though- just saying as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-16-2019, 12:02 AM
We've all seen enough State sports to appreciate any win we get. That said...

Its year 4. We have what, about the 10th best talent profile in the country? And we're one of the most experienced teams. And we were at home. And Florida sucks.

This was supposed to be a borderline sweet 16 team.

Sure, we won. But its becoming clear we aren't as good as our talent and experience should have us.

Yes there's still time to watch film, make adjustments, and improve. But dont act like we haven't played half the season already or that we aren't way behind where we hoped we'd be.

It's kinda like Moorhead. Sure we won 8 games, but were all disappointed because the team could have done better. Right now I'm disappointed in how our team is playing. Theres no "ungratefulness for winning" in that logic

Irondawg
01-16-2019, 12:12 AM
The SEC is a weird mix, from the little bit I've seen. There are some talented teams like us and LSU and Auburn that play incredibly undisciplined by have a good talent base and when they have a good shooting game are tough to beat. There are a couple of teams like S. Carolina, Ole Miss and Florida that aren't as talented but generally play a little harder and a little smarter and that wins them some games, particularly against the undisciplined teams. Bama is the oddest team to watch to me, they'll look like a SWAC team for 10 minute stretches and then you'll look up and see it's a 4 point game. I've watched a handful of their games and they look like the worst, poorest coach team in the league. And then they'll beat KY.

Basically it's a free for all and then there is UT which is the cream of the crop.

We just have to find a way to get to .500 and get to the dance and then just enjoy being there and hope we get red hot from 3

yjnkdawg
01-16-2019, 12:46 AM

Just Saying!

Good suggestion, but the ones who actually need to won't have a clue that you are talking about them. One or two probably wouldn't be able to function in r/l (outside of a message board situation) if they quit posting on here for even a few days. I think the continued bitching gets old to the majority of the active members here.

Ari Gold
01-16-2019, 04:26 AM
We are about one minute and prob 2 or 3 possessions away from being 16-0..
So go ahead and make what ever ridiculous conclusion and spin it how you want that we suck...
Fact still remains we are 13-3

RougeDawg
01-16-2019, 08:50 AM
We are about one minute and prob 2 or 3 possessions away from being 16-0..
So go ahead and make what ever ridiculous conclusion and spin it how you want that we suck...
Fact still remains we are 13-3

Yea and if we give full effort for more than 20-24 minutes a game, non of our games are even in question. The talent is there to be 16-0 if we play like we give a shit. We maybe played 20 minutes last night with that mentality. The other 20 we looked like we would rather be playing Fortnite. Q even admitted after the game that he was playing like he didn?t want to be there. Something along those lines.

That?s what people are pissed about. Why are people so dense and only see what they want to see. People are pissed because of this teams effort. Not being 13-3. Lack of effort is why people are bitching. Can only explain this. I cant understand it for you.

AROB44
01-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Yea and if we give full effort for more than 20-24 minutes a game, non of our games are even in question. The talent is there to be 16-0 if we play like we give a shit. We maybe played 20 minutes last night with that mentality. The other 20 we looked like we would rather be playing Fortnite. Q even admitted after the game that he was playing like he didn?t want to be there. Something along those lines.

That?s what people are pissed about. Why are people so dense and only see what they want to see. People are pissed because of this teams effort. Not being 13-3. Lack of effort is why people are bitching. Can only explain this. I cant understand it for you.

But like basedog said......the bitching is non stop on here. Need to change the name of the board to Bitchingdawgs instead of Elitedawgs. +1000 to basedog for posting this.

msstate7
01-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Interesting note, we've been favored in every game

Lord McBuckethead
01-16-2019, 09:14 AM

Just Saying!

Yeah, there have been some criticisms of Vic and his team. Some of it has been very fair criticism in my book. No one is questioning Vic's coaching ability or the results he gets. I believe the biggest criticism is on the defensive side of the ball and it is valid due to how teams have been attacking us and getting clear easy layup practice for large chunks of the games like oregon for instance. Tiera's ability to completely change the teams attack when she is defending the goal versus when she is picking up fouls 25 feet from the basket is pretty much the only valid criticism I have seen.

All that to say, Vic has won pretty much 120 games these past 4 years. Dude knows what he is doing. People are just commenting on a small chink in the armor that is all.

Hell, I wish Vic would teach Howland a thing or two about "team" effort personally and how to set up and execute a "team" offense and defense.

viverlibre
01-16-2019, 09:20 AM
I got to say it is so bad reading folks not happy about winning. It makes no sense but again, it's like this in every sport with you guys.
If you gonna bitch at least do it when we get beat. It doesn't have to be pretty about winning.

At least the coaches and players look at the tape and correct mistakes. I promise the coaches and players are happy about beating Florida.

Just saying.

Concur, I always say we have the dumbest fans. I'm thinking its an inferiority complex of some sort? Trashing players/coaches, the school, Starkville, etc needs to be something you do with your buddies over a few beers, not on the internet where recruits, parents, etc can and do read it.

basedog
01-16-2019, 09:25 AM

As an ex Basketball Coach I can tell you it's all about finding a way to win. Yes you execute and practice fundamentals but dealing with young men and women doesn't always produce a perfect game. Nothing wrong with being distraught or even down but to get on a message board and cry or whine like little babies is wrong. I don't care how much talent a team can have, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a "good team".

The way I see this bitching and winning, just keep it to yourself, does it make you or anyone feel better, I think not. Bitch when we lose not when it's early in the season and it ain't even half way and you guys are throwing in the towel.

I sure hope nor do I believe our players and even Coaches think like a bunch of quitters who try and bring Msu and fans down. I laugh when I read "most or all" Msu fans or pissed or mad, WRONG! Just Saying.

If I hurt some feelings good. LOL

msstate7
01-16-2019, 09:26 AM
It's pretty clear some of you have never followed another sec school's game thread, nfl game, or mlb team's. This is actually normal. Calling our fans the worst over it is an uniformed opinion imo. Not saying just bc everyone does it makes it ok, but it is quite normal

ETA... it's also normal for people to call them out after the fact rather than in the moment.

basedog
01-16-2019, 09:35 AM
It's pretty clear some of you have never followed another sec school's game thread, nfl game, or mlb team's. This is actually normal. Calling our fans the worst over it is an uniformed opinion imo. Not saying just bc everyone does it makes it ok, but it is quite normal

ETA... it's also normal for people to call them out after the fact rather than in the moment.

That's because most don't have a hobby for "message boards".

msstate7
01-16-2019, 09:38 AM
That's because most don't have a hobby for "message boards".

You care so little about message boards that you just had to b*tch about the content of it

Leeshouldveflanked
01-16-2019, 09:51 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Trump, Clemson and fast food when I saw title.****

louisvilledawg
01-16-2019, 10:13 AM

Its year 4. We have what, about the 10th best talent profile in the country? And we're one of the most experienced teams. And we were at home. And Florida sucks.

Sure, we won. But its becoming clear we aren't as good as our talent and experience should have us.

Yes there's still time to watch film, make adjustments, and improve. But dont act like we haven't played half the season already or that we aren't way behind where we hoped we'd be.

It's kinda like Moorhead. Sure we won 8 games, but were all disappointed because the team could have done better. Right now I'm disappointed in how our team is playing. Theres no "ungratefulness for winning" in that logic

Have you seen who Florida has played? I don't think they suck at all.

Loss at #11 FSU (did get blown out)
Loss at #20 Oklahoma by 5
Loss at Butler by 7 then turn around and play Butler at home 3 weeks later and win by 34
Loss to #6 Michigan State by 4
Loss to USCe on a fluke hail mary play by 2.
Loss to #3 Tennessee by 11 but were tied with a minute to play.
Loss to #24 MSU last night

I don't think Florida is bad at all. They've played a tough ass schedule. Think they (and our players) deserve more credit than just looking at their record and being like "UF sucks!"

Win by 10 against West Virginia by 10

Lord McBuckethead
01-16-2019, 10:38 AM
Look it is clear that our fans love our school so much they spend their days discussing MSU on message boards, researching recruiting, and bitching about what we perceive are our shortcomings due to the value we have placed on our teams.
The bigger negative I see, is the attacking our student athletes constantly. Fans are too close to student athletes. These guys see this and have to live with negative comments in the social internet arena. Years ago, players could just not look at it, but these players grew up with social media. Its part of their lives way more than it is to people 30+ years old. It is unfortunately part of the system now. And dammit, I hate to see the constant running down of our players by our own fans.

Criticism is okay, but straight personal negativity is not.

These guys play for our school and us. Time to get on board. Time to show up for games. Time for us to sacrifice just a little compared to how they sacrifice every day. Either get on board and mention the good before you run them down, or stop it completely.

For example. Ado is busting his ass for loose balls and on the defensive side of the ball. He does have work to do to learn how to catch the ball cleanly, keep the ball up, and go up expecting contact and still getting his shot through the basket. Too many missed opportunities, but the man is busting his ass. Lawrence Roberts was the best at drawing the "and 1" fouls and still converting the basket. Mario Austin was great at positioning his shot on goal where the defense had to foul him, but the shot was clear. Can't wait to see him put it all together and develop a mean streak inside.

See what I did there. Criticism without being an asshole.

Lord McBuckethead
01-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Also, Peters is the man. When he is running point and penetrating and dishing, dude may be one of the best. Sometimes he needs to just try the layup though. Sometimes he needs to work to get the ball to our inside guy. Sometimes the inside guy can help screen in the paint to get Peters the open shot. Sometimes they could expect the pass and position themselves on the backside of the drive for the dish. All of these things can be worked on. When it happens, this team is dang impossible to stop.

Dawgology
01-16-2019, 10:45 AM
I like a win but just because I'm a State fan doesn't mean I have to be ok with everything about a team and never question or push for better. The second you become complacent with what you have is when you start moving backward.

I'm happy with the win. With better coaching and more effort we are a 16-0 team.. There is no reason to not recognize and expect that.

basedog
01-16-2019, 10:50 AM
You care so little about message boards that you just had to b*tch about the content of it

Wrong 7, I read mostly but don?t cry or spill my guts over nay sayers. I read to get some info, it?s the professional message board folks who bitch.

Find a hobby enjoy life as time passes quickly, I?ve seen the worse in MSU sports and this isn?t the worse by any means.

Dawg2003
01-16-2019, 11:07 AM
I see a lot of valid criticism from last night. I'm certainly glad we got the win, and I don't want to be a Debbie downer about everything. But I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that the team played with no energy last night, and the same old problems resurfaced. We played one of the worst teams in the SEC, and we barely got the win. At home on top of that. There is cause for concern.

I have no idea if we make the tournament. I think we are going to be right back where we were last year, where every single game against mid or bottom tier SEC teams could take us out of the tournament. Message boards are pretty much for extreme elation or b*tching meltdowns. If people can't accept that, message boards will continue to frustrate you.

sleepy dawg
01-16-2019, 11:46 AM

There is no way that's even close to being true. People penciled us in as a borderline sweet 16 team b/c we finished so well last year. Our recruiting rankings are:
2018: 16
2017: 65
2016: 10 (However, this class got credit for 3 4-star players who are no longer on the team: Schnider Herard, Mario Kegler, and Eli Wright)
2015: 22 (However, we got credit for 5* Malik Newman who is no longer here.)

Given the players who aren't here from those classes, at best we are around 30 from a talent profile perspective. If anything, we have played (inlcuding last year) way above our talent profile, not below it.

Thick
01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
I don’t ever pull against us....EVER. I just cannot stand undisciplined play, bad playcalling, game management, etc. That all starts with the HC. That sums it for me for all sports.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-16-2019, 01:14 PM
Yeah, there have been some criticisms of Vic and his team. Some of it has been very fair criticism in my book. No one is questioning Vic's coaching ability or the results he gets. I believe the biggest criticism is on the defensive side of the ball and it is valid due to how teams have been attacking us and getting clear easy layup practice for large chunks of the games like oregon for instance. Tiera's ability to completely change the teams attack when she is defending the goal versus when she is picking up fouls 25 feet from the basket is pretty much the only valid criticism I have seen.

All that to say, Vic has won pretty much 120 games these past 4 years. Dude knows what he is doing. People are just commenting on a small chink in the armor that is all.

Hell, I wish Vic would teach Howland a thing or two about "team" effort personally and how to set up and execute a "team" offense and defense.

Please stop comparing the men's team to the women's team. They don't play the same game.

yjnkdawg
01-16-2019, 01:19 PM
I see a lot of valid criticism from last night. I'm certainly glad we got the win, and I don't want to be a Debbie downer about everything. But I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that the team played with no energy last night, and the same old problems resurfaced. We played one of the worst teams in the SEC, and we barely got the win. At home on top of that. There is cause for concern.

I have no idea if we make the tournament. I think we are going to be right back where we were last year, where every single game against mid or bottom tier SEC teams could take us out of the tournament. Message boards are pretty much for extreme elation or b*tching meltdowns. If people can't accept that, message boards will continue to frustrate you.

I think he is referring to the very few habitual posters (who appear to live on here) who bitch and gripe, and the sky is always falling. I actually think some of it is trolling to get comments where they can argue with somebody. That kind of stuff gets old quick.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-16-2019, 01:25 PM
There is no way that's even close to being true. People penciled us in as a borderline sweet 16 team b/c we finished so well last year. Our recruiting rankings are:
2018: 16
2017: 65
2016: 10 (However, this class got credit for 3 4-star players who are no longer on the team: Schnider Herard, Mario Kegler, and Eli Wright)
2015: 22 (However, we got credit for 5* Malik Newman who is no longer here.)

Given the players who aren't here from those classes, at best we are around 30 from a talent profile perspective. If anything, we have played (inlcuding last year) way above our talent profile, not below it.

Notable guys on our roster:

Sr class: 4* Q (#102 nationally), 4* Holman (#105)

Jr class: 4* Carter (#96), 48 Peters (#97), and 4* Ado (#119)

So class: 5* Nick W (#29)

Fr class: 5* Perry (#31), 4* Woodard (63)

Find me 9 other teams with better talent than that.

Just poking around at Florida, SC, OM, and Auburns' past 4 classes we have more talent than any of them. At worst we're the #15 most talented roster in the country if you're adamant we aren't top 10. Yet we are basically no better team than any of these 4.

There's no way to get around the facts: We aren't playing as good as we should. The talent is great, the experience level is elite, the coaching continuity is there, and yet we look like we could end up being a NIT team if we can't turn things around. Coaching has obviously been lacking

DanDority
01-16-2019, 01:34 PM
How do y'all think UNC fan's feel after being blown out at home by Louisville?

basedog
01-16-2019, 02:13 PM
I think he is referring to the very few habitual posters (who appear to live on here) who bitch and gripe, and the sky is always falling. I actually think some of it is trolling to get comments where they can argue with somebody. That kind of stuff gets old quick.

Yes exactly. I wonder if there is a "rehab center for message posters"***

MCsMGs
01-16-2019, 02:57 PM

Just poking around at Florida, SC, OM, and Auburns' past 4 classes we have more talent than any of them. At worst we're the #15 most talented roster in the country if you're adamant we aren't top 10. Yet we are basically no better team than any of these 4.

There's no way to get around the facts: We aren't playing as good as we should. The talent is great, the experience level is elite, the coaching continuity is there, and yet we look like we could end up being a NIT team if we can't turn things around. Coaching has obviously been lacking

Tennessee's two best players are 3 stars...don't get duped into the recruiting ranking=talent mindset.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Tennessee's two best players are 3 stars...don't get duped into the recruiting ranking=talent mindset.

no doubt there are misses and busts, but rankings highly correlate to long term success. The % of 5*s that get drafted is so much higher than the 4*s, who's draft % is so much higher than the 3*s

sleepy dawg
01-16-2019, 05:53 PM

Our best player in 4 years is #29. Our juniors and seniors are around 100 ranked each.
Pull up 247 and look at the number of 5 stars out there each year and we aren't getting any of them. At best we're top 20-25.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Our best player in 4 years is #29. Our juniors and seniors are around 100 ranked each.
Pull up 247 and look at the number of 5 stars out there each year and we aren't getting any of them. At best we're top 20-25.

If there's 20 teams that recruit better then it should be easy for you to name 15 of them. I'll wait. 247 is a Google away...

sleepy dawg
01-16-2019, 10:44 PM
If there's 20 teams that recruit better then it should be easy for you to name 15 of them. I'll wait. 247 is a Google away...

Ill do it tomorrow. I'm positive you are wrong.