PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Pruitt & The Great Pumpkin ain't dickin' around...

TUSK
01-15-2019, 02:30 PM
They just thefted USC OC Tee Martin to take a lesser role on ole Rocky Top...

Really Clark?
01-15-2019, 02:35 PM

He had already been demoted at USC

smootness
01-15-2019, 02:37 PM
He had already been demoted at USC

He wasn't just demoted, he was dismissed. Still a good hire for UT, though.

Maroonthirteen
01-15-2019, 02:37 PM
I heard Phat Phil is offering up unlimited food and drinks at every Pilot/Flying J gas station in the US.

Free cowboy hats and denim jackets for the recruits.

TUSK
01-15-2019, 02:41 PM
He wasn't just demoted, he was dismissed. Still a good hire for UT, though.

Yup, Helton is fighting for his life, out there...

USC prolly won't miss him as an OC, but dude is a legit 'cruiter.... UT is putting together a comparably respectable staff...

MetEdDawg
01-15-2019, 02:46 PM
The biggest thing for Tee is the recruiting. And the fact that he knows Tennessee so well. That is a great hire for UT because Martin is UT.

TUSK
01-15-2019, 02:57 PM
The biggest thing for Tee is the recruiting. And the fact that he knows Tennessee so well. That is a great hire for UT because Martin is UT.

Exactly. He seems to have a lil "Trooper Taylor" in him, as well....

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Exactly. He seems to have a lil "Trooper Taylor" in him, as well....

Speaking of Troop...Cutcliffe hired him today...Troop's son is a grad asst at Duke too

Cooterpoot
01-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Tee is bag man.

Bdawg
01-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Tee is bag man.

UT handing out "Tee"bags????

msu15
01-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Just another nail in the coffin....

Cooterpoot
01-15-2019, 03:53 PM
TN is OM desperate

Liverpooldawg
01-15-2019, 03:57 PM

As a USC fan, I'm glad he ain't at USC anymore. He absolutely sucks as an OC.

msstate7
01-15-2019, 03:59 PM
As a USC fan, I'm glad he ain't at USC anymore. He absolutely sucks as an OC.

Well he won't be OC

Commercecomet24
01-15-2019, 04:16 PM
TN is OM desperate

Yep, it's been a long time since they've been relevant and they're hurting bad. The cash gonna be flowing.

msstate7
01-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Yep, it's been a long time since they've been relevant and they're hurting bad. The cash gonna be flowing.

And it should for a program like tenn. Not as suspicious for them to recruit top 10 than it was for om

MedDawg
01-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Tee is bag man.

Wasn't Tee Martin the recruit who received $15k or $50k and it was deemed NCAA legal because it was given by the WIFE of a prominent Tennessee booster?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-15-2019, 06:08 PM
“TN is Ole Miss desperate” ....
Tennessee has Manning’s too.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-15-2019, 06:09 PM
And it should for a program like tenn. Not as suspicious for them to recruit top 10 than it was for om

I think it was $6k, but you are on a roll!

Really Clark?
01-15-2019, 06:10 PM
Wasn't Tee Martin the recruit who received $15k or $50k and it was deemed NCAA legal because it was given by the WIFE of a prominent Tennessee booster?

Not quite. First off the woman, Sanford and another man Rowe (sports writer in Mobile), both supposedly gave him money. But both also knew Tee years prior to to his recruitment. Tee played with Rowe’s son and Sanford was friends with his mom. The big thing was they had a prior relationship with him before he was even in high school.

Secondly, Sanford’s first husband was a Tenn booster but they had been divorced a while. She was a Vols fan but in no way could they show she was a booster, per NCAA.

My issue is that Rowe and Sanford gave conflicting stories about $4500 given to Tee. She stated she was giving the money to Rowe for help, mainly his mortgage loan. Her then husband had lent money to him before. Rowe alluded that she gave him check to funnel money to Tee. Actually, while all this turned up during an embezzlement investigation, Sanford stated that she already had Tee’s personal address and if he needed money and had asked her, she would have just sent it to him direct and didn’t think anything wrong about it. She was actually right and deemed a family friend long before his recruitment began.

Rowe ended up really shady and ran into SEC (federal not the conference) issues posing as an agent later. Some of that dealt with Tee after he left school.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-15-2019, 06:19 PM
I guess no one gets Albert Means-BAMA desperate now-a-days....

Pit Bull
01-15-2019, 06:21 PM
Tennessee may have a slight breakout year next season. Got some good pieces in place and Guarantano has a year under his belt now. I kind of liked him even though he had several newcomer moments throughout the year. He also showed flashes of being really good too. I got them with 7-8 wins barring a bunch of injuries.

TUSK
01-15-2019, 06:27 PM
“TN is Ole Miss desperate” ....
Tennessee has Manning’s too.

and Phat Phil is just gettin' warmed up....

He will do ANYTHING (regardless of potential self-destruction) to achieve & get credit for:
1) Making UT relevant, again, and
2) Destroying Bammer

(not necessarily in that order, either)

lastmajordog
01-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Just give the money to the kid’s dad..........worked for Cam...