PDA

View Full Version : For MSU's traditional #1 sports fans!.....baseball season tickets.......

Pit Bull
01-15-2019, 11:23 AM
....to start arriving around the first week in February. This per the ticket office. Lady told me that they haven't arrived back from the printing company yet.

confucius say
01-15-2019, 01:31 PM
They kinda cutting it close unh?

DownwardDawg
01-15-2019, 01:47 PM
I was about to post asking when does baseball season start?

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Those Feb games are miserable but I love baseball and we would just get a blank and a flask to watch some wintertime baseball.

Maroonthirteen
01-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Is the stadium finished? Hahahahaha

Bothrops
01-15-2019, 04:44 PM
I love college baseball, but the season starts about 2 weeks too early.

bulldogcountry1
01-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Seems like Polk would start 2 weeks later than everyone else and have 2 midweeks every week. I remember some teams would have played 10-15 games before we started.

RougeDawg
01-15-2019, 06:12 PM
I love college baseball, but the season starts about 2 weeks too early.

This all day. Baseball in cold weather flat out sucks. I think it would help the game overall. The northern teams are always behind during the first part of the season and do not get the same quality practices. They could push everything back to 1st of March at earliest, condense a week or two and still have CWS over before 4th holiday.

Pit Bull
01-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Those Feb games are miserable but I love baseball and we would just get a blank and a flask to watch some wintertime baseball.

I've been to some February games when it was 70 degrees and I have been to some around 30 degrees. Just depends. IMO, I think there should be NO BASEBALL until March 15. Just move everything into the summer a month further. Northern schools would be all over this too....in fact, they beg for it every year.

RocketDawg
01-15-2019, 06:48 PM
I've always wondered why they start so early. It's typically just not warm enough in February and generally most of March.

Tbonewannabe
01-15-2019, 08:58 PM
Trying to field a ground ball when the ground is frozen also sucks.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Need to go back to Saturday Double Headers

Todd4State
01-15-2019, 11:08 PM
This all day. Baseball in cold weather flat out sucks. I think it would help the game overall. The northern teams are always behind during the first part of the season and do not get the same quality practices. They could push everything back to 1st of March at earliest, condense a week or two and still have CWS over before 4th holiday.

Personally I think it would be cool to have the CWS the week of the 4th of July. It's pretty close to it as it is. I think people would pay a little more attention to the sport if it was in conjunction with a holiday like that. Plus with the 4th being a holiday and a lot of people being able to have work off it could cause some massive crowds to happen- especially with fan bases like ours that would travel.

Todd4State
01-15-2019, 11:09 PM

I'd like that. If I was MSU I would petition the SEC and tell them that is a MSU tradition like LSU night games.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-16-2019, 12:06 AM
Why does 40 degrees at a football game feel good and 40 degrees at a baseball game feel miserable? I want to be at the first one just to be able to know that I attended the first game in the completed stadium. I was at the first one in the old Dude.

I would settle for them allowing ONE single HOME weekend a doubleheader weekend for each school. By doing that, each team would actually have two doubleheader weekends; one at home, one on the road. Maybe if we could get them to start with this it would lead to more of them.

dawgman
01-16-2019, 12:07 PM

it was Ron Polk who lobbied and got the three day weekend

Matty Dispatch
01-17-2019, 07:50 AM
Personally I think it would be cool to have the CWS the week of the 4th of July. It's pretty close to it as it is. I think people would pay a little more attention to the sport if it was in conjunction with a holiday like that. Plus with the 4th being a holiday and a lot of people being able to have work off it could cause some massive crowds to happen- especially with fan bases like ours that would travel.

That is a great idea. I don't know why we can't just play the regular season March 1 - mid June. Push everything back two weeks. Just maybe keep the SEC schedule starting around the same time so all the series aren't after the students leave. But it would be great to have more warm weather games at the Dude.