PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on basketball

Dawgfan77
01-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Football has always been 1 for me but BB is a close second. I was in HS 93-96 and loved everything about our team. But let?s call a spade a spade. We have as much talent as we have ever had but..BUT we have no leaders and we have a coach on cruise control. We have been out coached by usc and OM. Tomorrow game is a must win

confucius say
01-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Agree with the overall sentiment, but I don't think we have as much talent as we have ever had. We don't have anything in the post close to a Lawrence roberts, and I'd take Bowers over every guard we have.

Liverpooldawg
01-15-2019, 04:01 PM
This team is not even close to as talented as we have ever had. It's not much if anymore talented than Stans' last year. The results are going to be close to the same.

Dawgbite
01-15-2019, 04:32 PM
My thoughts, we have some really good players but a very average team. They do not have a team mentality, we do not pass the ball or move without the ball well. Every player tries to go one on one each possession trying to make the ESPN Top 10 instead of moving the ball in order to get a high percentage shot. Our defense, which has been Howland's calling card throughout his coaching career, is very inconsistent. The effort just isn't there every possession. This team doesn't lack for talent, it lacks discipline, heart , and the desire to sacrifice individual stats for the better of the team. It is the polar opposite of our women's team.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-15-2019, 04:47 PM
This team is wiry and a little soft. They're bi-polar as hell and I don't think they know who "the guy" is on the team.

msu15
01-15-2019, 04:52 PM
2003-04 team would blow this team out by 20 easy. Vincent and Roberts would have a field day.

RougeDawg
01-15-2019, 06:16 PM
When we have a big like Holman that can stretch a defense, we must take advantage and clear out the room under basket and penetrate. We rarely look like we are running any offense other than rotation until someone decides to drive/shoot.

Pit Bull
01-15-2019, 06:31 PM
2003-04 team would blow this team out by 20 easy. Vincent and Roberts would have a field day.

Can you imagine what Super D, Dante, Damp, Big Country, and Pistol Whipper would do to them? And they would eat 2003-04 alive.

timotheus
01-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Can you imagine what Super D, Dante, Damp, Big Country, and Pistol Whipper would do to them? And they would eat 2003-04 alive.

Ole pistol whipper. What was his name? My mind is blank.

rolodawg
01-15-2019, 06:39 PM
Marcus Bullard

deadheaddawg
01-15-2019, 06:46 PM
According to this board we jus had the most talented football team we've ever had.

Now it's the most talented basketball team we ever had.

Baseball just went to Omaha and women's basketball went to back to back nc championship games.

And we have bad leadership?

Well I guess we would be lock for Natty's in everything if we got a competent AD

Pit Bull
01-15-2019, 09:30 PM
According to this board we jus had the most talented football team we've ever had.

Now it's the most talented basketball team we ever had.

Baseball just went to Omaha and women's basketball went to back to back nc championship games.

And we have bad leadership?

Well I guess we would be lock for Natty's in everything if we got a competent AD

Not even in the same galaxy as far as most talented basketball team.

Dawgcap
01-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Shit I think we are talented but I don’t think we have a team. I may be totally off base but we have a few factions of players that look out and play like their counterparts. Tonight they unified at the end but if Florida makes a couple shots this team falls apart. Who is to blame? It leads to the top but this team is talented enough as a group to be special. But if they don’t pull together it’s goin downhill in my opinion.

msu15
01-15-2019, 11:18 PM

That squad was before my time, but I can’t argue that at all.