PDA

View Full Version : Billy Fessler new coach.

Lord McBuckethead
01-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Anyone know anything about it or him?

Really Clark?
01-13-2019, 12:55 PM
We was a QB at Penn St and just finished his first year as a GA at Slippery Rock

timotheus
01-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Was a QB @ PSU. Thats all I know.

KOdawg1
01-13-2019, 12:57 PM
He's just a year or two out of college. Played QB under Moorhead at PSU. We blasted Mullen for having a buddy buddy system but looks like Moorhead has something similar in place. Granted, they seem to work harder on the recruiting trail than the other staff but still.

KOdawg1
01-13-2019, 12:59 PM
What's his role? Grad asst or quality control? Maybe since he was in Moorhead's offense he can help our QBs with it.

msbulldog
01-13-2019, 01:24 PM
He's just a year or two out of college. Played QB under Moorhead at PSU. We blasted Mullen for having a buddy buddy system but looks like Moorhead has something similar in place. Granted, they seem to work harder on the recruiting trail than the other staff but still.

If you have ever hired anyone, you know that it's always more comfortable to hire someone you are familiar with.

DoctorDawg
01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
Bringing in another person familiar with his offense can't hurt if he is trying to teach it.

Cooterpoot
01-13-2019, 01:25 PM

Nobody blasted Mullen for hiring friends. All coaches do that. It?s when they aren?t held accountable that the problem develops. Mullen never held certain people accountable.

msbulldog
01-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Nobody blasted Mullen for hiring friends. All coaches do that. It?s when they aren?t held accountable that the problem develops. Mullen never held certain people accountable.

Aint that the truth!
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cooterpoot again.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2019, 06:16 PM
He will be the QB coach after Breiner

RougeDawg
01-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Bringing in another person familiar with his offense can't hurt if he is trying to teach it.

He needs to bring in some people who know his offense that participate on the field during games.

Todd4State
01-13-2019, 09:03 PM
He needs to bring in some people who know his offense that participate on the field during games.

I'm pretty sure GA's and quality control people can participate on the field on gameday. They just can't recruit.

Bodaski
01-13-2019, 09:53 PM
I know times have changed with the # of coaches you can have on the field since I was a GA in 90-91. Back then you could have 9 asst and 1 HC plus 2 GA's on the field. In 90 I was on the field and 91 was in the booth charting opponents defense, including slants, stunts, dogs, fire, fronts and field and boundry coverage. Its a hard job to get all of that info to the OC on the field in 25 seconds.

RougeDawg
01-13-2019, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure GA's and quality control people can participate on the field on gameday. They just can't recruit.

I meant between the white lines and goal posts.