PDA

View Full Version : NON SPORTS RELATED- Need info on NW Alabama; Muscle Shoals/Florence area

TStationDawg
01-13-2019, 12:19 PM
best places to live? best schools? best HS baseball programs? I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks

parabrave
01-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Well Muscle Shoals got the Swampas. Heard it was a sweet place.

TUSK
01-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Well Muscle Shoals got the Swampas. Heard it was a sweet place.

beat me to it.... +1

parabrave
01-13-2019, 03:30 PM
beat me to it.... +1

You must be sleeping today.

Pit Bull
01-13-2019, 04:07 PM
I like Muscle Shoals area too. Take your time.....look around a bit. Maybe rent for a few months in order to get a good feel before you make a really big investment.

dawgman
01-16-2019, 12:47 PM
There is no real dominant public school baseball in any of the quad cities. the best is probably a travel ball and Cal Ripkin league in Florence at Wilson Dam. Florence is the largest of the quad cities and just built a new middle school that would compare to the finest in the country. many many millions of dollars. Florence just spends money for the sake of spending money as evidenced by building bus stops downtown with no transit system with routes or pickup. Tuscumbia/ Deshler High School has historically had a good football program and adequate baseball and basketball. Florence just opened a new state of the art hospital. Muscle Shoals is the newest of the quad cities and probably has the weakest of the athletics programs. Sheffield is probably the smallest as it is locked one side by the river and on the other by Tuscumbia and cannot grow.