PDA

View Full Version : Watching OM

Dawgfan77
10-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Makes me pissed off more at Mullen. No way OM should even be on the field with LSU yet they are playing there ass off.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:09 PM
No worries, Coach says we're better than OM...stats n shit.**

TUSK
10-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I've noticed that since Freeze arrived. UM players have "bought-in" and play really, really hard, (at least vs Bama) it seems.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 07:10 PM
LSU is playing like dog shit

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 07:11 PM
It's more Les Miles then anything. Ole Miss game plan on defense is the same as ours. The difference is LSU passed against us. Ole Miss is taking a lot of chances on defense because they know they can't cover their receivers. Beckham and Landry have both been completely wide open. In fact, if Mett calls a check down on a play in the first quarter it's a 70 yard TD to Beckham. They are putting pressure on Mett and selling out to stop the run. LSU is just running the football. Crappy game planning on LSU. That is what I see. You take what the defense gives you no matter what. Mett should be having a career game against them.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:13 PM
It's more Les Miles then anything. Ole Miss game plan on defense is the same as ours. The difference is LSU passed against us. Ole Miss is taking a lot of chances on defense because they know they can't cover their receivers. Beckham and Landry have both been completely wide open. In fact, if Mett calls a check down on a play in the first quarter it's a 70 yard TD to Beckham. They are putting pressure on Mett and selling out to stop the run. LSU is just running the football. Crappy game planning on LSU. That is what I see. You take what the defense gives you no matter what. Mett should be having a career game against them.

You were saying??

Face it, ole miss ain't a bad team.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 07:15 PM
You were saying??

Cadaver, everyone here understands and realizes OM isn't a bad team. Why do you feel the need to remind everyone?

We want them to suck, Right?

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 07:16 PM
3 words.

**** Ole Miss

Dawgfan77
10-19-2013, 07:16 PM
You were saying??

If they win How much heat is on Dan.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Cadaver, everyone here understands and realizes OM isn't a bad team. Why do you feel the need to remind everyone?

We want them to suck, Right?

Because I'm sick of everyone patting Mullen on the ****ing back and then trying to make it out like ole miss is just lucky, and LSU is just playing bad etc. These same people that make excuses for Mullen constantly are the same ones that act like we're better than Ole miss and make excuses as to why they are competing with elite teams.

I'm done talking about it, but I'm tired of the Genespage defense of our coach constantly. There is no excuse that we are not hustling and competing the way they are.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:18 PM
If they win How much heat is on Dan.

Shouldn't matter, but with our fan base that will turn the heat up a good bit. It shouldn't take an ole miss win for our fans to be able to look at the lack of effort and execution our coach is putting on the field each week.

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree, they look much better coached than we do....I put that squarely on our staff. We lack the fire and basic coaching in some cases that it takes to win the close games!

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 07:20 PM
If LSU doesn't throw those two picks they are ahead comfortably in this game. I still think that the Tigers win.

Dawgfan77
10-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Shouldn't matter, but with our fan base that will turn the heat up a good bit. It shouldn't take an ole miss win for our fans to be able to look at the lack of effort and execution our coach is putting on the field each week.
While I agree with you the fact we have not beaten a top 20 team in *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* 5 years and Bucky beaver does it in his second year with some of his best players out for the game Hopefully is a wake up call

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 07:23 PM
3 words.

**** Ole Miss

Couldnt have said it any better.

Great thread, not much, if anything, I disagree with. Dan has lost his mojo and we are a team without an identity.

OM has the power of the Bucky Spirit with them, which elevates them much higher than their actual talent level. If a team would come out and smack them in the mouth, they will come back down to earth.

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Mettenberger fthom

Dawgfan77
10-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Mett is channeling his inner mike henig.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Did OM sell its soul to the devil to win this game? LSU's players look like they are on the take

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey man, if Mett played like this against us, we would have been up 23-0 at half. He isn't even close on his passes. If he was on like he was against us, it's 21-3 at halftime against Ole Miss. Ole Miss is okay but they are going with the same game plan we had. Difference is Mett is playing like shit. Those INTs weren't even close and into triple coverage. You can say what you want but that is the truth. It hurt Mett a lot because of Les's crappy play calling against Florida and continued into the Ole Miss first half.

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Did OM sell its soul to the devil to win this game? LSU's players look like they are on the take

Also just said this to my buddies. They look like they are intentionally playing bad.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 07:33 PM
OM has half its defense out. I think we can all agree that, while OM is playing hard, this is on LSU. If not, then OM would have to have better depth than Bama.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:33 PM
If LSU doesn't throw those two picks they are ahead comfortably in this game. I still think that the Tigers win.

Probably so.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I am not defending Dan Mullen. His coaching is the reason we are in this crap. His lack of ability of being able to get out of his own way has been his downfall. We should have beaten Auburn. We could have beaten OSU and We should have beaten LSU had we not given up when the going got tough. Hey I get it. That's coaching. We are not a well coached team but we can get to a bowl and get to 6-6 or 7-5 because there are games left that are absolutely winnable and we should get to a bowl.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey man, if Mett played like this against us, we would have been up 23-0 at half. He isn't even close on his passes. If he was on like he was against us, it's 21-3 at halftime against Ole Miss. Ole Miss is okay but they are going with the same game plan we had. Difference is Mett is playing like shit. Those INTs weren't even close and into triple coverage. You can say what you want but that is the truth. It hurt Mett a lot because of Les's crappy play calling against Florida and continued into the Ole Miss first half.

We didn't have DB's anywhere near close enough to a WR to make a pick...so I disagree

FlabLoser
10-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Ole Miss plays really really hard for Freeze. Its a fact. In the 4th Q against Bama down 25-0, they still played their ass off.

Gotta give OM, a little credit. But regardless, Zach Met is shitting the bed. Three bad picks. Not really earned. Just threw three bad passes.

OM scoring 10 points in the first half is about par. LSU is just shitting the bed on offense. It should be 21-10.

Leave it to OM to have their opponents key player getting hurt, coaches getting fired, or the opponent plays the rustiest game of the season.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 07:37 PM
We did in the first half when we played man on them. The second half was when we went to a crappy zone. If those balls are under thrown/overthrown like they are tonight, those are picks.

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Lol.....half time in the Arkansas v Bama game, with Bama up 28-0 and little Nicky still not happy!
Say what you want but I love that attention to detail.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 07:40 PM
We did in the first half when we played man on them. The second half was when we went to a crappy zone. If those balls are under thrown/overthrown like they are tonight, those are picks.

Whatever. Keep telling yourself that, but we were nowhere near stopping LSU that entire night. But maybe I just saw it negatively.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Dude, if Mett throws the ball like he is tonight, LSU doesn't beat anybody I don't care if the receiver is covered or not. Those passes weren't close.

dawgoneyall
10-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Won't change my mind. I wanted him gone after the Auburn game.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Hey, if you can't see a difference in how LSU is playing tonight vs how they played against us I don't know what else to say Cadaver. LSU is shooting themselves in the foot more and done more to lose this game then Ole Miss has to win it. If LSU plays like this against us, it is 20-0 at halftime in favor of MSU. That is all I will say.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Hey, if you can't see a difference in how LSU is playing tonight vs how they played against us I don't know what else to say Cadaver. LSU is shooting themselves in the foot more and done more to lose this game then Ole Miss has to win it. If LSU plays like this against us, it is 20-0 at halftime in favor of MSU. That is all I will say.

Keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile watch as Hugh freeze gets a Top 10 win in year 2 while we're in year 5 and Mullen is squeaking past Bowling green.

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Couldnt have said it any better.

Great thread, not much, if anything, I disagree with. Dan has lost his mojo and we are a team without an identity.

OM has the power of the Bucky Spirit with them, which elevates them much higher than their actual talent level. If a team would come out and smack them in the mouth, they will come back down to earth.

That's a good way to describe it. Dan has lost his mojo. The Bucky Spirit, that's good.

I am tired of the fire Dan stuff though personally. When Mullen came here we were at a very low time in football. Dan raised our expectations and we responded with increased attendance and new facilities, but it seems we have taken a step back. This has been discussed ad nauseum but I think he gets and deserves another year. We are young in most places and we should get better. That being said, I also think Dan needs to be reminded that while he has in deed raised expectations, these last 2 years haven't lived up to them. We expect what he has promised and we are ready to take that next step. Time to deliver or we look at other options.

I also think we need to upgrade assistant coaches pay by at least 2 million bucks to upgrade our staff.

As I wrote this umiss scored a TD to take a 17-0 lead over LSU. I hate them. GTHOM.

EnterpriseDawg
10-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I ****ing hate ole piss. I wish a giant sinkhole would open up and suck that whole campus. GTHOM

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I ****ing hate ole piss. I wish a giant sinkhole would open up and suck that whole campus. GTHOM

This^ I agree with

PendingTransaction
10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
LSU caught a bunch of passes on us cause we covered like shit. OM has a good scheme against their receivers, coaching. They play loose and aggressive, unlike us.

BossDawg
10-19-2013, 08:10 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum but I think he gets and deserves another year.

Damn right he does. It's the ****ing MSU way - sit on our damned hands and just give the man one more damn year to fix shit that he's obviously not even attempting to fix now.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Damn right he does. It's the ****ing MSU way - sit on our damned hands and just give the man one more damn year to fix shit that he's obviously not even attempting to fix now.

Exactly.

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Jesus Christ. All Metroberger has to do is throw the damn ball and he has a TD. What the **** is wrong with him tonight? He was an All American against us, and now looks like Henig.

Dawgfan77
10-19-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm tired of this young team and he needs another year. This team that is playin an LSU team that put 59 on us is just as young. People need to wake up young in college football is no longer an excuse

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 08:16 PM
They're gonna score here and get this train back on the tracks.

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2013, 08:19 PM
I agree Cadaver. Mett could have been off that night in Starkville too. But we will never know. He could have missed passes by yards and we still don't get 3 picks because we are nowhere near.

On two picks tonight, it was a poorly thrown pass but their safety was in position to make a play. Nickoe would have been chasing the play 3 steps behind.

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 08:20 PM
About time!

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I agree Cadaver. Mett could have been off that night in Starkville too. But we will never know. He could have missed passes by yards and we still don't get 3 picks because we are nowhere near.

On two picks tonight, it was a poorly thrown pass but their safety was in position to make a play. Nickoe would have been chasing the play 3 steps behind.

Yep. To get INT's you have to have someone within 5 yards of the WR....we did not. And LSU gashed us for two long TD runs, but ole miss has controlled their run game. Is that on LSU's gameplan too?

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Now if the LSU defense will show up they can repeat that last drive and for fricks sake Les stop Mett from throwing those deep passes....it's killing ya!

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Maybe just maybe LSU has woken up.

Coach34
10-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile watch as Hugh freeze gets a Top 10 win in year 2 while we're in year 5 and Mullen is squeaking past Bowling green.

We went to overtime with a top 10 team in year 2...let the game play out

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 08:29 PM
We went to overtime with a top 10 team in year 2...let the game play out

I still think LSU can win...but that won't change my opinion that we should be playing with this much effort week in and week out, but we're not.

Statecoachingblows**
10-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Been drinkin may have missed something but... Maybe after this loss Freeze takes it up a notch and fights a fan???

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Man LSU defense is sucksville tonight.

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Man LSU defense is sucksville tonight.

They do look out of place. Umiss is playing well on offense.

dawgoneyall
10-19-2013, 08:45 PM
They are so much better coached than us is is rather pathetic

Dawgface
10-19-2013, 08:47 PM
They are so much better coached than us is is rather pathetic

Appears to be the case. One thing for sure, they play hard for 60 minutes.

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Appears to be the case. One thing for sure, they play hard for 60 minutes.

They are playing inspired. They believe.