PDA

View Full Version : Here is something that Ben Howland can't be blamed for....

maroonmania
01-12-2019, 10:10 PM
God awful SEC officiating in the final minute of the game. Here is the OM double double dribble on the possession where they took their final lead at 79-77. SEC officials must literally hate us in every sport. Ref standing right there looking at it with no call.

https://twitter.com/kylemparks/status/1084181351392256002?s=21

RocketDawg
01-12-2019, 10:14 PM
Looked more like a triple dribble. He dribbled and caught it twice, then dribbled again without a call.

RougeDawg
01-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Should not come to that. If we play just 30-35 minutes like we gave a shit, we blow OM and USC our.

maroonmania
01-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Should not come to that. If we play just 30-35 minutes like we gave a shit, we blow OM and USC our.

But it did come down to that so it still sucks to get screwed over AGAIN by SEC officiating. The guy is standing right there looking at it.

BeardoMSU
01-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Should not come to that.

This is basketball.....so many games all across the country, even between great teams and not-so-great teams, come down to "that".

Irondawg
01-13-2019, 12:02 AM
That one on the charge called on Q that negated a 3pt play were really big in the game.

MarketingBully
01-13-2019, 03:31 AM
That one on the charge called on Q that negated a 3pt play were really big in the game.

The thing is they called the exact same play two different ways both benefitting Ole Miss. if you’re going to call Nick for a block, you sure as shit better call Tyree for that same block. If you are going to call that a charge, I’m fine with it if Nick’s call was a charge on that freshman guy who blitzed us the second half. If both plays are called the same way, that screws Ole Miss, because that freshman would have had 3 fouls at that point and Nick wouldn’t of gotten a two for foul to give him 3 or Q would have gotten a 3 point play deep in the game which would have given us a 3 point lead. An exact same play should never be called to the detriment of the home team. That’s what home court advantage is supposed to give you. Those refs were really really bad today.

confucius say
01-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Wow. That may be worse than the phantom block in the back call against Bama. Somebody convince me that ref is not on the take. What could he possibly be seeing there?

BrunswickDawg
01-13-2019, 11:24 AM
And while the SEC ignores it, the Sun Belt tackles it head on....

https://twitter.com/mikeconti929/status/1084484832749592577?s=21

dawgday166
01-13-2019, 11:31 AM
I cut hoops officials more slack than I do football cause hoops is much more difficult to call, especially charging/blocking fouls. But that was one horrible no call right there. Traveling and double-dribbling are 2 of the easiest calls to make in hoops. I had just posted I thought refs were doing a somewhat fair job and calling it both ways just prior to when that happened.

Mjoelner34
01-13-2019, 11:50 AM

That's the one that got me. There is nothing open for interpretation on that call. The first step is did the defender get to the spot before the offensive player and have his feet set. If the answer is yes, then you obviously had to look at his feet to tell they were set. How do you not see they are on or behind the arc under the basket if you looked at his feet? The correct answer is, I'm just gonna call what I want to call.