PDA

View Full Version : Yes it sucks right now

BB30
01-12-2019, 04:38 PM
But Give it a breather. This team will figure some things out and be a much better team down the stretch. Sometimes getting kicked in the teeth early is the best thing that can happen for a group. Sucks it was OM but don?t throw in the towel yet.

I think the fan base is carrying over some sour grapes from how football ended and that is understandable but at the end of the day everyone wants the same thing and the only way we get there is continuing to support this team.

The talent is there let?s see if they figure it out over the next couple of weeks before fans claim the sky is falling and Howland needs to go. It?s a marathon not a sprint.

HaggardDawg
01-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Not this group. They'll just pout in Twitter and mail it in

civildawg
01-12-2019, 04:42 PM
We?ve been saying the talent is there for 3 years. It?s not time for wait and see, it?s time for results

Saltydog
01-12-2019, 04:43 PM
NT

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2019, 04:58 PM
I would normally agree but I think people have just had enough. We havent made the tourney in 10 years after being so good and every time the program wants to get you back on board they find a way to screw it up. This was another one of those instances

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 05:12 PM
But Give it a breather. This team will figure some things out and be a much better team down the stretch. Sometimes getting kicked in the teeth early is the best thing that can happen for a group. Sucks it was OM but don?t throw in the towel yet.

I think the fan base is carrying over some sour grapes from how football ended and that is understandable but at the end of the day everyone wants the same thing and the only way we get there is continuing to support this team.

The talent is there let?s see if they figure it out over the next couple of weeks before fans claim the sky is falling and Howland needs to go. It?s a marathon not a sprint.

Amen! +1

Jack Lambert
01-12-2019, 05:47 PM
It's been sucking for a long time. I buy in, I go and we lose a game we should have won. I am done with basketball.

PGHBulldogBG
01-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Kermit needs to come home. Cohen needs to apologize for Stricklin’s wrong doings and idiocricy. There is no excuse for him not being our coach for 6 years now. This was the biggest mistake in state athletics in my 20 plus years of being a state fan. Croom was a mistake, but it’s not like we passed over one of our own for him. I’m not sure how people didn’t see we were getting Rick Stansbury part two with the Howland hire.

Jack Lambert
01-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Kermit needs to come home. Cohen needs to apologize for Stricklin’s wrong doings and idiocricy. There is no excuse for him not being our coach for 6 years now. This was the biggest mistake in state athletics in my 20 plus years of being a state fan. Croom was a mistake, but it’s not like we passed over one of our own for him. I’m not sure how people didn’t see we were getting Rick Stansbury part two with the Howland hire.

Stands would have had us back to the NCAA.

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 06:02 PM
NCAA had their eyes on Stans, Kermit had Issues from ATM at the time.

timotheus
01-12-2019, 06:26 PM
It will take a coach like Kermit to reprogram these players to play and function as a team. I think Howland has this team and program as high a level as he can get them. This mite have been okay 4 years ago when the SEC was weak but this isn't the case now.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 06:44 PM
1. New Coach... young, proven coach, not an old retread.
2. Give students first 8 rows in stands around bottom of floor (except behind opposing teams bench)... big $ can keep first row of court side seats.
3. Remodel Dump.... I mean Hump. We seen the Video, but what are the plans to build it? When, How much? How are we going to raise $$$
4. WiFi that works.
5. Actually have “A Plan” to increase attendance. Have someone in Athletic Department who’s sole responsibility is the success of Basketball attendance (Besides Head Coach)... if we have someone now they need to be fired.

BB30
01-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Howland has put together a decent roster. He added some more talented pieces that are freshman. We are close, it takes time to rebuild and we are more than likely going to be dancing this year, something we haven’t done in a long time.

All I am saying is give him the season before you decide to quit on them. Yes, they are a frustrating group at times but a couple of losses doesn’t equal a trash season. We still have a bunch of games left and plenty of time to make a run. I would much rather us be hitting on all cylinders the last third of the season than here at the beginning of SEC play.

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Howland has put together a decent roster. He added some more talented pieces that are freshman. We are close, it takes time to rebuild and we are more than likely going to be dancing this year, something we haven’t done in a long time.

All I am saying is give him the season before you decide to quit on them. Yes, they are a frustrating group at times but a couple of losses doesn’t equal a trash season. We still have a bunch of games left and plenty of time to make a run. I would much rather us be hitting on all cylinders the last third of the season than here at the beginning of SEC play.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^WORD^^^^^TRUTH^^^^^

PGHBulldogBG
01-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Sure Howland has put together a decent roster, but if you can’t coach or control them it doesnt matter. I would rather have a group of two or three stars with Kermit that can be coached and win than 4 or 5 stars that play selffishbbasketball. This is Stansbury part two. See loyola last year. Those are the teams that make runs to a final 4. While Rick Ray was a terrible recruiter and a bad coach his teams actually played with heart. Stansburys teams were round of 32 at best. Call me crazy but I want a coach that I feel gives us a chance to get to a final 4 even if it means some 15-15 seasons with less. Oh wait Howland has had those years with more.