PDA

View Full Version : Legit Question-Not a roast

Pinto
01-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Has any university that has moved a former coach to AD had any real success as an athletic department?

I can?t recall any. Just seems like two totally different jobs and skill sets.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-12-2019, 03:48 PM
See Wisconsin with Barry Alvarez, have been pretty good in football and basketball

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Cohen has made 2 hires. Only 1 has had a season yet. Not sure why you asking this today, but IB has nothing to do with basketball today, except maybe tell Howland he better produce this year or he's out.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Ray Tanner at South Carolina I think

confucius say
01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Skip.

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Hail State!

Really Clark?
01-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Frank Broyles had a really good run at Arkansas

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Cohen has made 2 hires. Only 1 has had a season yet. Not sure why you asking this today, but IB has nothing to do with basketball today, except maybe tell Howland he better produce this year or he's out.

Cohen has had 3 hires in Baseball. Cannizzaro, Henderson and Lemonis.
One in Football, One in Volleyball, one in men’s golf, one In Soccer who is already gone. He also has an interim coach over Track and Field now.

Coldsleeve Jr.
01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Bertman & Tanner did ok

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Well Canny made a super and Hendy made the CWS. Moorhead won 8 and made a NYE bowl. The soccer coach made the NCAA's for the 1st time in our history, Hmmmm!

Coach34
01-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Has any university that has moved a former coach to AD had any real success as an athletic department?

Mal Moore at Bama. Coached under the Bear and Hired Saban
Frank Broyles

Those are two of my head

ILOATHEBears
01-12-2019, 06:23 PM

I?m not saying he has hit runs but I had a guy tell me early in my career in leadership that a person that never makes a bad hire has never hired anyone. It?s hit or miss. I?m very disappointed in Howland for allowing such individualism. We have no chemistry as a team and as the head coach he could have set plays for a key guy to come off a screen for a shot or a dribble drive to rim play but it?s all individual selfish play.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Well Canny made a super and Hendy made the CWS. Moorhead won 8 and made a NYE bowl. The soccer coach made the NCAA's for the 1st time in our history, Hmmmm!

Thanks, Ms Cohen.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-12-2019, 10:05 PM
I don't know shit about basketball, but in my opinion Howland may need to hire a ball buster to keep folks in line and an X's and O's coach to help in that area. I remember folks talking about Stan Jones when he was here and how he was our X's and O's guy. Not sure if that was with Williams or Stans. We had a ball buster at one time also who's name escapes me. Let Howland do the recruiting.

Coach34
01-12-2019, 10:31 PM
I don't know shit about basketball, but in my opinion Howland may need to hire a ball buster to keep folks in line and an X's and O's coach to help in that area. I remember folks talking about Stan Jones when he was here and how he was our X's and O's guy. Not sure if that was with Williams or Stans. We had a ball buster at one time also who's name escapes me. Let Howland do the recruiting.

Under Williams- Richard was dick and Stands was the buddy
Under Stands- Stands was the buddy and Kirby was the Enforcer when he was there