AROB44
01-12-2019, 03:30 PM
You are delusional...

ZedFedder
01-12-2019, 03:31 PM
COHEN DID NOT HIRE HOWLAND

Cooterpoot
01-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Naw. He gets to make our basketball hire first and we’ll see on Lemonis. I think he’ll be pretty good.

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Cohen didn't hire the last 2 basketball coaches.

Now, if the baseball hire turns out to suck, then yes, you have a point.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-12-2019, 03:34 PM
You are delusional...
If football craps the bed in 2019 and baseball disappoints....his seat has to start getting warm, I know it’s early but so far Cohens track record isn’t good...Can had to be let go...JoMo underwhelmed...and now things are looking bleak for basketball...Cohen is responsible for two of those hires...

LC Dawg
01-12-2019, 03:34 PM
Stricklin ****ed this up and in turn helped Ole Miss. He may be the worst alumnus ever.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 03:38 PM
1. Cohen is over his head. Big mistake by Keenum on hiring him.
2. Keenum is looking for a job in DC.
3. Cohen can’t fire Howland unless we miss NCAA. I could see him retiring end of season.
4. I would be scared of who Cohen would hire.

deadheaddawg
01-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Are all of our fans as stupid as this or is this just a message board thing?

If we get 60k fans at a football game what percentage of them are dumb enough to want to constantly fire everyone?

Because what the university needs is to do if fire our football coach every year when they perform as expected.

A football team is supposed to 8 games, and they win 8 games. ....fire them.

Every year a new head coach. How exciting.

Then of course we can fire the AD for making a hire he didn't make.

We hate our baseball coach because he didn't win the press conference

Dumbest fans on the planet. Hopefully it's just the very small percentage that are on these boards and not the majority of our base

But this board is so full of complete idiots.

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 03:42 PM
3. Cohen can’t fire Howland unless we miss NCAA. I could see him retiring end of season.
Kermit Davis. It's that simple.

Cloak
01-12-2019, 03:44 PM
COHEN DID NOT HIRE HOWLAND

It's not about Cohen not hiring Howland. It's the state of our entire atheltic department. Even though Cohen didn't hire Howland, he's still responsible for the basketball program.

Have any of Cohen's actual hires been decent? The answer so far is no. Lemon is the only hope, and at this point I'm not too optimistic.

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 03:46 PM
It's not about Cohen not hiring Howland. It's the state of our entire atheltic department. Even though Cohen didn't hire Howland, he's still responsible for the basketball program.

Have any of Cohen's actual hires been decent? The answer so far is no. Lemon is the only hope, and at this point I'm not too optimistic.

Okay, I'm melting as much as anyone right now, but this is dumb.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-12-2019, 03:54 PM

So does that mean Cohen gets credit for the Women's team? This is the most convoluted line of logic I've ever seen. AD's get credit for hiring good coaches, blame for hiring bad ones, and blame if they didn't fire a coach when they could have. If Howland misses the tournament and Cohen doesn't fire him, then yeah the Basketball mess or success is on him. But he's not responsible for Howland at this point in time.

I'm curious, lets say we fired Cohen and hired a new AD. Lets also say the baseball team sucks this year. Is that AD responsible for Lemones being a bust? Should we immediately fire the new AD for letting the Baseball team fail?

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Good Lord just delete this thread. Cohen has only one hire compleate a season yet and has nothing to do with basketball except tell Howland to make the tourney or get packing.

Steakonastick
01-12-2019, 04:01 PM
If you are going to fire Cohen you gotta fire kennum.

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Hail State!

dawgday166
01-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Are all of our fans as stupid as this or is this just a message board thing?

If we get 60k fans at a football game what percentage of them are dumb enough to want to constantly fire everyone?

Because what the university needs is to do if fire our football coach every year when they perform as expected.

A football team is supposed to 8 games, and they win 8 games. ....fire them.

Every year a new head coach. How exciting.

Then of course we can fire the AD for making a hire he didn't make.

We hate our baseball coach because he didn't win the press conference

Dumbest fans on the planet. Hopefully it's just the very small percentage that are on these boards and not the majority of our base

But this board is so full of complete idiots.

I think we fire everybody. Just get rid of all of them and let players coach themselves *******

basedog
01-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Damn! Just quit playing sports****

Message boards are so much like fake news, say anything or make stuff up.

Our sports have been pretty good overall.

Bothrops
01-13-2019, 02:43 PM

Penis

Coursesuper
01-13-2019, 03:01 PM

Mark absolutely did not hire Cohen, Cohen was forced on him and he didn’t like it.

Todd4State
01-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Cohen acts like an inexperienced AD. Our marketing and video departments are average to below average and I'm sure he has very little idea how to improve them. It's embarrassing that Ole Miss has the "The Season" and we have two minute highlight clips and that's it.

His baseball hires are likely going to be good. He hired Butch, Mingione, Lane, Wes Johnson, Gary Henderson, Brian Bohannon among others. Cann was good on the field but that's an unusual situation. We'll see about Moorhead. I trust him with hires more than Stricklin that's for sure.

Best AD I've seen at MSU was Byrne. The only way to advance is to hire someone outside of our MSU and LT tree.

Todd4State
01-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Mark absolutely did not hire Cohen, Cohen was forced on him and he didn’t like it.

The alumni that forced that hire are as much at fault for the state of our programs as Cohen and maybe even moreso.

Coursesuper
01-13-2019, 10:20 PM
The alumni that forced that hire are as much at fault for the state of our programs as Cohen and maybe even moreso.

You better believe that. Every time we get it going we get in our own way with selfish bullshat and it bites us in the ass and it will again this time included. There are schools that can withstand this kind of crap or schools where you just don't get out of line, aka bammer, but us, UNM and Auburn are classically good at hosing ourselves.

Jack Lambert
01-13-2019, 10:47 PM
Cohen didn't hire the last 2 basketball coaches.

Now, if the baseball hire turns out to suck, then yes, you have a point.

I kind of wonder how much figure prints are on the Basketball program is from Strikings father in law?

Todd4State
01-13-2019, 11:00 PM
You better believe that. Every time we get it going we get in our own way with selfish bullshat and it bites us in the ass and it will again this time included. There are schools that can withstand this kind of crap or schools where you just don't get out of line, aka bammer, but us, UNM and Auburn are classically good at hosing ourselves.

You're right. And the thing about it is if those people who want "MSU power" all they probably have to do is kiss the ass of the guy that Keenum hires. Meaning we get better as a athletic program and they still get what they want.

BB30
01-14-2019, 12:24 PM
Wow, try looking at the issues objectively. This is the most bi-polar message board. 6 months ago all you could find was praise and "how lucky we are to have Cohen". Now some want him gone.

As for his football hire, all he has is the information sitting in front of him. It is easy to look back in hindsight and say "we should have done this". Not nearly as easy when you are in the moment. From all perspectives JOMO looked to be a solid hire and still very well could be.

Lets see what Lemonis does before we consider him a failure as well. As for basketball Stans has absolutely nothing to do with the hiring bungles we made in the past. Moving forward it will be on him assuming this team doesn't come around. Which IMO they will come around and be playing very well in the near future.

Howland took a team that had been a cellar dweller for years and had them in the top 15 by what year 4 and yet he is all of the sudden a failure for dropping a couple of games? Some of yall need to take a chill pill, sit back and let things play out.