PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Punk Out by Kermit Davis......

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
....begged for the MSU job on 2 different occasions. Our ADs pride couldn't even warrant an interview. Then takes job at most hated rivals and bitch slaps us on our home court for his very first game. And the ReBearShark fans didn't even want him at first because he was a "State" man. Next game in Oxfart won't even be close. Sharks by 20+......BOOK IT.

Turfdawg67
01-12-2019, 03:38 PM
You must be happy. ^^Rebel^^

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 03:52 PM
You must be happy. ^^Rebel^^

Ahhh….typical predictable unintelligent response......can you say "Deja vu Van Chancellor"?

tcdog70
01-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Back when we fired Stans. I posted on here we could sign Kermit and Get Butch Pierre. But the experts on this Board toldme how stupid I was. So we got Ray.

Activated Alpha
01-12-2019, 04:15 PM
This team will absolutely get destroyed by ole miss in oxford this year

Turfdawg67
01-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Ahhh….typical predictable unintelligent response......can you say "Deja vu Van Chancellor"?

Oh, I'm intelligent enough to know you are one of the shittiest fans on this board, and/or a Rebel.

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 06:53 PM
Oh, I'm intelligent enough to know you are one of the shittiest fans on this board, and/or a Rebel.

Great!

BB30
01-12-2019, 08:18 PM
There were piles of people on this board claiming Kermit wouldn’t be the “splash” hire we needed to make. Now it’s a Kermit love fest funny how hindsight works.

He also took over a program that wasn’t nearly as in the shi**** that we were after Ray. I will give him some credit he has those guys playing hard but he also has a shiny new arena to sell and a fan base that has been supporting the team much better than we have. Let’s see how he recruits and what he looks like in year 2 and 3 before we name him the next coach K.

Pit Bull
01-13-2019, 02:01 AM
There were piles of people on this board claiming Kermit wouldn’t be the “splash” hire we needed to make. Now it’s a Kermit love fest funny how hindsight works.

He also took over a program that wasn’t nearly as in the shi**** that we were after Ray. I will give him some credit he has those guys playing hard but he also has a shiny new arena to sell and a fan base that has been supporting the team much better than we have. Let’s see how he recruits and what he looks like in year 2 and 3 before we name him the next coach K.

One advantage we can't overcome with the Rebs is that they are within an hour or less drive of a 1.4 million metro area that houses 90% of their fan base. When I go to the MSU games there, it takes me 45 minutes. Very easy drive. Not much we can do about it. They should always have a full house for their midweek and weekend games. And now with Kermit at the helm, it will become a hard ticket to get.

Dawg61
01-13-2019, 02:16 AM
One advantage we can't overcome with the Rebs is that they are within an hour or less drive of a 1.4 million metro area that houses 90% of their fan base. When I go to the MSU games there, it takes me 45 minutes. Very easy drive. Not much we can do about it. They should always have a full house for their midweek and weekend games. And now with Kermit at the helm, it will become a hard ticket to get.

This doesn't hold water since MSU & Ole Miss have almost identical attendance numbers in football & baseball every single year. Not saying we don't have shitty attendance numbers for men's basketball the last 6 years cause we do but if we can get just as many as they do for the other two major sports we can do it for basketball too.

Pit Bull
01-13-2019, 02:27 AM
This doesn't hold water since MSU & Ole Miss have almost identical attendance numbers in football & baseball every single year. Not saying we don't have shitty attendance numbers for men's basketball the last 6 years cause we do but if we can get just as many as they do for the other two major sports we can do it for basketball too.

I meant mostly basketball. People will drive a lot longer distances for a Saturday football game/tailgate exp. or a 3 game weekend baseball series, but many won't drive that same distance for a 2 hr. basketball game in the middle of the week. If I were an OM fan, I would have basketball season tickets....but being a MSU fan, I simply cannot make a 3 hr. drive down on a Tues. or Wed. night. I used to do that when I was younger, but it made going to work the next morning really suck.

JohnnyQuid
01-13-2019, 03:08 AM
This team will absolutely get destroyed by ole miss in oxford this year

They shot lights out today. We lost. They should win in oxford. Im marking this for later tho.

Dawg61
01-13-2019, 09:30 AM
I meant mostly basketball. People will drive a lot longer distances for a Saturday football game/tailgate exp. or a 3 game weekend baseball series, but many won't drive that same distance for a 2 hr. basketball game in the middle of the week. If I were an OM fan, I would have basketball season tickets....but being a MSU fan, I simply cannot make a 3 hr. drive down on a Tues. or Wed. night. I used to do that when I was younger, but it made going to work the next morning really suck.

MSU definitely needs to cater to the local residents over the out of town season ticket holders. Biggest mistake the athletic department has done with basketball the last decade has been selling all the season tickets to people that only attend 5 or fewer games a year cause they live too far away to attend more. Basketball needs fans that live close.