PDA

View Full Version : Banner Year for MSU Athletics....

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 03:12 PM
Down the Sh*tter... thanks Cohen and his coaches. Thank goodness for Women?s basketball and Baseball(which is TBD)

msudawg1200
01-12-2019, 03:17 PM
I told my son when he enrolled for the fall he was going to see the best sports year in school history. What a fricking disappointment. Damn, this is bad.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Down the Sh*tter... thanks Cohen and his coaches. Thank goodness for Women?s basketball and Baseball(which is TBD)

What "Cohen coaches"?? HOWLAND WAS HIRED BY STRICKLIN! Cann was a Cohen hire, but we got the final 4 so you cna't really say Cohen's mistake ruined the season. Moorhead messed up but as long as he can recruit and stay out of NCAA trouble the program will be in solid shape for the next coach. Lemonis is actually doing a fantastic job recruiting and he hasn't coached a game here yet. What "Cohen coaches" (plural) are you bitching about?

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Well Canny made a super and Hendy made the CWS. Moorhead won 8 and made a NYE bowl. The soccer coach made the NCAA's for the 1st time in our history, Hmmmm!

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah. I wish our fans would eat a dick sometime. Get off your entitled asses. Yeah, football wasn't what we expected. It is sad our defense didnt have 2014s offense this year. Can you guys just enjoy our 17n student athletes for a damn moment. So what we lost. Better effort than I have seen by the team. They will get it going. Just give them a damn moment and support them anyway we can.

maroonmania
01-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Well 2019 has been shitastic so far with an Outback Bowl loss where we were favored and the more talented team and then follow that up with opening up the SEC basketball season with 2 losses to teams we were favored against and have more overall talent. Can't wait to see what happens next. Oh well, at least there is women's basketball.

msbulldog
01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
I'll be there to support our girls and I'll be proud! I'll be proud to support all of our teams and our student-athletes! They deserve our support! I'll be proud! HAIL STATE!

Todd4State
01-12-2019, 11:44 PM
The only MSU sport I don't feel that great about right now is men's basketball. And that could change by the end of the year. Which is why I haven't been on the ledge today. But I definitely have concerns at the present.

I feel like if we need to make a change we will.

Pollodawg
01-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Since when is Ole Miss better than us at basketball? I don’t watch much roundball, but haven’t we traditionally beat their brains in?

I mean, we’re better than they are at football right now, and they had a run in baseball—which is over. But basketball?

Pollodawg
01-13-2019, 12:17 AM
The only MSU sport I don't feel that great about right now is men's basketball. And that could change by the end of the year. Which is why I haven't been on the ledge today. But I definitely have concerns at the present.

I feel like if we need to make a change we will.

You feel great about football?

Todd4State
01-13-2019, 01:03 AM
You feel great about football?

I do. I think it's a matter of getting better recruits in and players that fit Moorhead's system while continuing to do what we have on defense the past two years. We'll see how we finish up in recruiting but I am optimistic. Of course, I was one of the people railing Dan, Hevesy, Sallach, and Gonzalez three years ago when we lost AJ Brown and Scott Lashley so what happened to me wasn't all that surprising especially again if you look at our star ratings of our offensive players. This season was "lost" three years ago-and I suspect that if Dan had been our coach the outcomes still similar.

Bothrops
01-13-2019, 01:54 AM
I've been looking for evidence of Cohen making our coaches suck, but can't find a single ****.

Pollodawg
01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
I do. I think it's a matter of getting better recruits in and players that fit Moorhead's system while continuing to do what we have on defense the past two years. We'll see how we finish up in recruiting but I am optimistic. Of course, I was one of the people railing Dan, Hevesy, Sallach, and Gonzalez three years ago when we lost AJ Brown and Scott Lashley so what happened to me wasn't all that surprising especially again if you look at our star ratings of our offensive players. This season was "lost" three years ago-and I suspect that if Dan had been our coach the outcomes still similar.

I can see your point.