PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss preview/game thread

Pages : [1] 2

jwells
01-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Ole Miss (12-2, 2-0 SEC) at #14 Mississippi State (12-2, 0-1 SEC)
Tip: 12:00 PM CT TV: CBS

Ole Miss looks to knock off their 2nd top 15 team in a row while Mississippi State aims to get back on track with an opportunity for a possible Quadrant 1 win.

Ole Miss Team Stats:

Points per game: 79.7 MSU : 80.3
Points per game allowed: 66.5 MSU: 68.1
FGM-FGA: 394-785 (50.2 %) MSU: 404-842 (48.0 %)
3PM-3PA: 108-283 (38.2 %) MSU: 135-350 (38.6%)

Ole Miss Leaders

Breein Tyree (Jr.): 17.4 ppg, 3.1 apg
Terence Davis (Sr.): 16.0 ppg, 3.6 apg

Common Opponents

Cincinnati: OM lost 71-57, MSU won 70-59

Ole Miss comes to town riding a 9-game winning streak and fresh off a convincing win over #11 Auburn on Wednesday night. New coach Kermit Davis has the Rebels playing an inspired game of basketball in his attempt to instill a new culture into the Rebel program. The Rebels are very much guard heavy lead by Tyree and Davis. Over the 9-game winning streak, either Davis or Tyree have gone for at least 20 points with the exception of a an easy win against SE Louisiana. These two have been in the Ole Miss program a while and are the reason for the hot start to league play the Rebels have had. Unlike South Carolina, there is not much of a significant post presence to deal with on the offensive end. Dominik Olejniczak has been drawing the starts recently at the 5 and has a season high of 11 against Auburn last time out. While South Carolina looked to the post for an inside dominant approach, the Rebels are much more inclined to keep the ball in the guards' hands in order to generate offense. With that being said, the post defenders for the Dogs must take a step forward and move past the tough showing from Tuesday night. As the Rebel offense relates to Mississippi State, the Bulldogs must focus on their defensive intensity that was lacking the other night. Going on the road generally means a drop in shooting percentage and if the Bulldogs can make it torture to get good looks, it will only further lower that percentage.

On the defensive end, the Rebels have been playing with the effort and intensity the Bulldogs lacked through their 1st two games. Ole Miss held Auburn to season low 32.8% shooting from the floor. Kermit Davis has done a nice job of switching the defensive looks he has shown teams that has caused some confusion to Rebel opponents. Mississippi State must remained composed when Ole Miss switches up the defense. In my opinion, the Bulldogs success is directly correlated to the job Lamar Peters is doing leading the team. As the point guard, we are only successful if the offense is run through him to establish a flow. South Carolina did an effective job at not allowing the flow to get established consistently and limited our effectiveness. Peters does have some issues staying focused and moving past mistakes at times but is imperative that he run the show tomorrow and going forward. When we work the ball to get open shots, we are shooting a very high percentage.

Overall, it is imperative that we come out and exceed the Ole Miss effort and intensity from the tip. They are playing with a lot of confidence and we need to diminish that as much as possible. Going on the road will lessen some of that intensity from Ole Miss, it just happens. Getting back to the Hump in front of a loud crowd should help out intensity and the style Ole Miss plays fits the matchups we have much more so than Tuesday night. I encourage everyone that can to make it to the Hump to show the support that is still behind them. I know Tuesday night was challenging but in the scheme of basketball, it was only one game. A win Saturday would be a nice feather in the cap for the team and help instill some confidence back in the team and fan base. State wins, 82-72.

confucius say
01-11-2019, 02:14 PM
They shoot over 50 percent from the floor and don't score 80 a game?? How is that possible?

Also, can you put our stats in these too so I can compare the opponent's to ours? Thanks.

jwells
01-11-2019, 02:19 PM
They shoot over 50 percent from the floor and don't score 80 a game?? How is that possible?

Also, can you put our stats in these too so I can compare the opponent's to ours? Thanks.

Sure I'll add it now. And I agree that is crazy to me that they were over 50% when we are over 80 ppg and only shoot 48%

OSCAR
01-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Would that mean they go deeper in shot clocks?

dawgday166
01-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Sure I'll add it now. And I agree that is crazy to me that they were over 50% when we are over 80 ppg and only shoot 48%

Just guessing but probably 3 vs 2 pts FGs. We shoot a lot of 3s ... too many IMO sometimes.

jwells
01-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Just guessing but probably 3 vs 2 pts FGs. We shoot a lot of 3s ... too many IMO sometimes.

Yea I think that has alot to do with it. We shoot 3's on 42% of our possessions compared to 36% for Ole Miss.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
If we can sit down and guard on Tyree and Davis we give ourselves a great chance to win this one. Against Cincinnati they were a combined 4-17 from the field on 0-10 from 3. I'd imagine Lamar will guard Tyree so he'll have to be patient and pick his spots for steals. The other shooter Shuler will probably be picked up by Nick, Nick will shut him down. Inside we should be able to dominate them. Olejniczak struggles if he has to bang inside. Will pick up fouls. Q needs to drive cause they will foul on the drive. Cincy guard had 14 FT attempts against them.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2019, 03:22 PM
If we can sit down and guard on Tyree and Davis we give ourselves a great chance to win this one. Against Cincinnati they were a combined 4-17 from the field on 0-10 from 3. I'd imagine Lamar will guard Tyree so he'll have to be patient and pick his spots for steals. The other shooter Shuler will probably be picked up by Nick, Nick will shut him down. Inside we should be able to dominate them. Olejniczak struggles if he has to bang inside. Will pick up fouls. Q needs to drive cause they will foul on the drive. Cincy guard had 14 FT attempts against them.

I'd put Nick on Tyree & Q on Davis. Nick is our defensive stopper.

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 03:24 PM
I think we win tomorrow. Tuesday was just an awful effort and like I said we haven’t played that poorly in two years.

StarkVegasSteve
01-11-2019, 03:26 PM
I'd put Nick on Tyree & Q on Davis. Nick is our defensive stopper.

We very well could. I was just thinking Lamar would take the point and Nick would take more of the shooter since his off ball D is probably the best on the team(his on ball is probably best on the team as well). Nick honestly reminds me of a better offensive version of Tony Allen.

jwells
01-11-2019, 03:33 PM
I think we win tomorrow. Tuesday was just an awful effort and like I said we haven’t played that poorly in two years.

It was poor and I think getting back home will get us right and we will play much better. Now if we don't and lose, I will admit we may be in trouble.

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 03:46 PM
It was poor and I think getting back home will get us right and we will play much better. Now if we don't and lose, I will admit we may be in trouble.

Agree 100%. Tomorrow is a must win regardless what others on here are saying.

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 03:48 PM
We very well could. I was just thinking Lamar would take the point and Nick would take more of the shooter since his off ball D is probably the best on the team(his on ball is probably best on the team as well). Nick honestly reminds me of a better offensive version of Tony Allen.

We need Nick on Tyree. I agree with IYOK.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Defensive intensity and effort from the Opening Tip will give us a win. It's as simple as that.

jwells
01-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Agree 100%. Tomorrow is a must win regardless what others on here are saying.

Yep. We will lose all of the on the fence fans with a loss. I don't like it but it's the truth. Don't want to start a spiral on the court either.

jwells
01-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Defensive intensity and effort from the Opening Tip will give us a win. It's as simple as that.

Spot on.

confucius say
01-11-2019, 03:59 PM

Tyree has been playing the two a lot

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 04:31 PM

Hell just plain ole effort period for 40 minutes would be a huge win tomorrow. Communicating on defense, switching, helpside awareness, not being late getting back to their man. They did all this last year towards the end of the year. On offense, moving without the ball, running our offense, making the extra pass to find the open man. That’s what got us out to the 12-1 start offensively. We should kill a 1-3–1 every time they run it. There is always an open man to be found in the 1-3-1 especially with our shooters. Cincy ran a 3/4 court trap and we killed it every time they did it. South Carolina ran a shittier version and we acted like we had never seen it. Had we played like we did Tuesday the whole year we’d easily have 4-5 losses. That is how bad we played Tuesday. It must not happen again.

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Tyree has been playing the two a lot

Yep, and it’s to create mismatches on the other end.

Dawg2003
01-11-2019, 05:09 PM
I think we'll be fine. Whatever else our faults are, we are a hard out at home when we're the better team.

msstate7
01-11-2019, 05:28 PM
State -5.5 FWIW

RougeDawg
01-11-2019, 07:00 PM
I?m not chalking up any game we play as a W until we play a full 40 minutes with effort and act like we even care about winning.

We look like it’s a scrimmage. Never any urgency.

MCsMGs
01-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Dang!!! I can't find anything in this thread that I could take exception to...what's this board coming to?

My faith is restored!

MarketingBully
01-11-2019, 07:38 PM
I?m not chalking up any game we play as a W until we play a full 40 minutes with effort and act like we even care about winning.

We look like it’s a scrimmage. Never any urgency.

I agree with you in the South Carolina game but the other 13 games we played we had not looked anywhere near that bad. If we lose tomorrow and look like we played Tuesday though, I would tend to agree with you. I think we are over emphasizing the one loss to South Carolina (it was a horrendous loss) but if we win tomorrow and head to Rupp at 3-1 we will be back on schedule.

Dawg2003
01-11-2019, 08:16 PM
This team never seems to learn a lesson for too long. We learned a lesson in South Carolina, so I think we should be OK for Ole Miss. I would actually be more worried if we would have beaten South Carolina. Because then this team would probably be arrogant and play like crap. Right now, they have been fed a little bit of humble pie. That's what's so frustrating with this team. They have to keep learning the same lesson over and over again. They will probably do well for several games, and then, at some point, they will play like garbage again.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2019, 08:22 PM
This team never seems to learn a lesson for too long. We learned a lesson in South Carolina, so I think we should be OK for Ole Miss. I would actually be more worried if we would have beaten South Carolina. Because then this team would probably be arrogant and play like crap. Right now, they have been fed a little bit of humble pie. That's what's so frustrating with this team. They have to keep learning the same lesson over and over again. They will probably do well for several games, and then, at some point, they will play like garbage again.

You just described every non elite team in the country.

CrazyEyeKilla
01-11-2019, 10:19 PM
You just described every non elite team in the country.

Exactly. I think in the long run, this is a solid team who could be trouble in the tournament.

RougeDawg
01-12-2019, 08:18 AM
After looking over the Landshart-Barner stats from Wednesday, I feel a little better. Auburn shot a putrid 32% from the field and were 9-17 on free throws. In contrast OM was 45% from field and made 27-37 free throws. 37 f*cking FTs. Auburn had 23 fouls called against them.

Part of that could be opening up conference play on the road. Part could be OM already having played a conference game. Of the 4 teams that did not open conference play last weekend, LSU was the only winner mid week. LSU and Mizzou opened at home. Us andbauburn ooened in the road. Mizzou is the outlier as Tennessee was their opponent and most teams will but beat them anywhere this season.

How does the conference allow teams that do not play opening weekend, start off conference play on the road against teams with one win under their belt?

timotheus
01-12-2019, 08:27 AM
MSU must have crisper ball movement on the perimeter as well as in the paint. Coach cannot allow the shark defense to extend out or the Dogs 3's will all be contested. This is how the sharks got into auburn's grill and built an early lead.

confucius say
01-12-2019, 09:15 AM
MSU must have crisper ball movement on the perimeter as well as in the paint. Coach cannot allow the shark defense to extend out or the Dogs 3's will all be contested. This is how the sharks got into auburn's grill and built an early lead.

You fix that by going to the rim. Hard.
But that requires effort. Much easier to stand outside and shoot.

We are a finesse, 3 point oriented team. That's fine bc we are good at it, but our 3s need to be in rhythm off a pass. Not dribble, dribble, crossover, stepback launch.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 10:02 AM
You fix that by going to the rim. Hard.
But that requires effort. Much easier to stand outside and shoot.

We are a finesse, 3 point oriented team. That's fine bc we are good at it, but our 3s need to be in rhythm off a pass. Not dribble, dribble, crossover, stepback launch.

We have moved without the ball and made the extra pass in every game this year except against South Carolina on Tuesday for whatever reason. Win today and head to Rupp at 3-1 and we will see Tuesday was an anomaly.

RougeDawg
01-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Money being placed on the Sharts heavy this morning. Line to -5.5, from -6.

Dawg2003
01-12-2019, 10:46 AM

Good thing Tyson can jack it up from half court.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Good thing Tyson can jack it up from half court.

Coach Howland has to play him first. Tyson only attempted two shots and played 13 minutes. He owned up to it but Coach Howland did a shitty job of using our bench. Played our starters way way way too many minutes. Peters/Nick 5/9 from the free throw line. That has to be 7 or 8/9 from the free throw line. Need Q to go to the line more. Peters 4/10 from 3 but 1/4 from inside the arc. I’d of rather him take a step back 3 for the final shot then drive to the basket for a contested one.

RougeDawg
01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
We have to give effort. Teams that won this week have more effort than the other. They dove for loose balls, attacked the rim for rebounds, and played hard. We only seem to get about 20-25 minutes of true effort in any game. That?s why we were down so much to AZ State and lost to USC. We were clearly the better team, but acted like we wanted to be somewhere else.

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Dang....Didn't realize we're playing on CBS. Thought that was BAMA football's private channel. The good and the bad will be if we play well or stink it up......at least most of the free world will get to see it. I think we win since our Dogs now realize the ReBearSharks can play with anyone. Had they come in getting blown out by Vandy and Auburn, then I would be worried.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 12:56 PM
GameTime!!! Let's get after them from the jump! Hate how we start slow in some games! Take it to them for 40 minutes!!!

Liverpooldawg
01-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Gonna be a LOT of empty seats. If you own a ticket and it wasn't used you should lose your ticket privileges. This is embarrassing.

parabrave
01-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Whats the crowd size?

shoeless joe
01-12-2019, 01:03 PM
I'll be watching with mute on

West Tn Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Gonna be a LOT of empty seats. If you own a ticket and it wasn't used you should lose your ticket privileges. This is embarrassing.

Are you there?

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Tyree down after good screen by Holman. Shoulder

parabrave
Richard say looks like a sep/dislocated shoulder.

Bdawg
What are they looking at?? No foul call

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Q kinda cold.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Q needs to quit trying to do it all himself

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Delete

Bdawg
Peters forcing it already. Not running the offense

Leeshouldveflanked
Q being “lacksidasical” early.

Saltydog
NT

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:17 PM
We're pretty dang good when we PASS.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Every om player is better this year.

Q is a TO machine

Cooterpoot
01-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Same ole shit. Jacking up stupid shots instead of running an offense. Soft ass defense.

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Just settling for bad shots. It's like if we don't see anything right away, we get uncomfortable and just jack a 3

Maroonthirteen
01-12-2019, 01:20 PM
That Tyree dude..... drama

Bdawg
Same ole shit. Jacking up stupid shots instead of running an offense. Soft ass defense.

This defense, if it doesn't change, is going to be a problem today and down the road

MarketingBully
Why is our defense so bad with two shot blockers in the middle? That Polish idiot has schooled Ado twice early.

parabrave
Dam we got to shoot better. They are shooting 80% to our 45. Q needs to settle down.

Pit Bull
Q needs to quit trying to do it all himself

He knows it's big time tv......gotta make a draft statement!

Irondawg
01-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Our inability to run an offense for good shots may kill is this game. We’ve had numerous bad possessions so far while the Rebs are really running their sets well.

Maroonthirteen
01-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Why is our defense so bad with two shot blockers in the middle? That Polish idiot has schooled Ado twice early.

We needs to go at the polish guy. Get him in foul trouble. Ado can’t handle him.

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Kermit looks like Saban as he chews out his players for not executing.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-12-2019, 01:23 PM
We've already got double the points off the bench than we had the entire SC game.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Take Peters out and put Carter in and he immediately makes an impact. Q is a turnover machine like you guys said. Horrible bounce pass inside that led to the TO.

msstate7
We've already got double the points off the bench than we had the entire SC game.

Nice to see carter and perry score their touch

Pit Bull

Pollock's got an offensive game, Abdu does not.

Leeshouldveflanked
Still amazed Carter didn’t see the floor last 5 mins of regulation and OT at USCe.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Our inability to run an offense for good shots may kill is this game. We’ve had numerous bad possessions so far while the Rebs are really running their sets well.

We’ve already run numerous sets. What game are you watching?

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Q has to shoot that open 3 when Perry kicks it back out him. Instead he drives and turns it over.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:28 PM
We better hope Kermit can't recruit.

Dawgology
01-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Basketball version of our football team this year. World beater...until you come up against a well coached team.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Perry And Woodard showed up today.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-12-2019, 01:30 PM
Nice to see carter and perry score their touch

Them and Woodard showing out right now.

Scared_Hitless
01-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Am I ahead or behind because I think were playing with good effort and precision. Gotta stop the TOs and we are good.

mparkerfd20
Gonna enjoy watching Perry and Woodard thr next few years.

Bdawg
Getting a spark off the bench!! Intensity coming from our bench players(sad kinda).

LC Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Upperclassmen need to look at the freshmen for inspiration. They play with some fire.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Where is Peters going there?

msstate7
I'd say perry wasn't happy with his performance Tuesday. What a start from him

mparkerfd20
Perry and Woodard in beast mode today.

MarketingBully
Woodard is a man!!!

parabrave
Dam I like this lineup

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-12-2019, 01:34 PM
10-0 run, pretty sure all 10 came from Woodard, Perry and Carter

Scared_Hitless
Man the hump can be electric missed these days. Our Freshman aint no joke they are the difference right now

Red Sox Dawg
Perry and Woodard are En Fuego!

MarketingBully
I'd say perry wasn't happy with his performance Tuesday. What a start from him

Perry And Woodard playing like the bad asses they are.

Lord McBuckethead
That is how you 17n play. Damn good movement and shooting with confidence.

Dawg61
Loving the emotion today and it's coming mostly from two freshman and a sophomore.

RocketDawg
Gonna enjoy watching Perry and Woodard thr next few years.

They might should be starters.

KOdawg1
Keep the freshmen in there

Pit Bull
01-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Robert Woodard....clap, clap....clap/clap!!
Reggie Perry...…….clap, clap....clap/clap!!

Cloak
01-12-2019, 01:35 PM
If Perry and Woodard play with this energy, our teams take a HUGE leap forward.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Woodard always had this potential. A guy who can do all the little things and score on the inside and has a good midrange game He’s providing awesome minutes for Q.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Woodard will eventually be our schofield at some point

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Ado needs to dunk that

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:40 PM
Ado needs to dunk that

Yeah, not good there

KOdawg1
Ado needs to dunk that

Ado has dicks for hands. Can't catch crap

Red Sox Dawg
What’s a thete? Lol

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Ado needs to dunk that

Yes!!! Flush that thing hard

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Ok. Finish this half just the opposite of South Carolina game!!

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:42 PM

That was funny, I’m still laughing.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Perry and Holman, what the hell?! How you let him finish that

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Jeez these officials checking every little thing for extra stuff. Let's play!!!
Spoon was just a tad late there too.

parabrave
01-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Dam I didn't know you could take 5 steps on a layup.

Saltydog
01-12-2019, 01:45 PM
a minute later.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Why isn't Woodard in the game

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Good grief!!! Let's go!!! Halting our good play

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Lot of guys have caught stuff with their dicks.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:47 PM
That's a big one. Nick with 3 fouls

msstate7
01-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Please sit Q

mparkerfd20
Horrendous officiating so far

Bdawg
Well guess we goin to F this lead away before half!! Come on guys!!!!

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:49 PM
These guys need to settle down and play and shut up or the officials are going to take over.

KOdawg1
Ado is absolutely terrible inside

msugolf
Ado is terrible

civildawg
01-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Ado can?t even dunk the ball. My god

mparkerfd20
call a foul on Ole Miss you f@ckers.

msstate7
Finally Q getting going

Saltydog
NT

Red Sox Dawg
Q warming up

KOdawg1
I don't understand how you can be 7 feet tall and be so physically weak

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Wow Ado missed a dunk

civildawg
Oh my god. Get ado out and put perry in

mparkerfd20
Ado is horrible

msstate7
Please sit Q

Q promptly goes off.

Sit peters!!!! (Please work) haha

starkvegasdawg
Adon't is atrocious.

Liverpooldawg
The crowd filled in some. Probabaly around 9k here.

Bdawg
Wow Ado. 6'11" can't jam it home under the basket!! Just have to laugh.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:52 PM
These refs suck assholes. That was an offensive foul and to add insult to injury the assholes called Nick for a Tech? Really?

Bdawg
Adon't is atrocious.

Very nice. Rep!!

Lord McBuckethead
Ado is working hard. Missed a couple point blank, but him and Perry are doing exactly what we need down low. Keep it up and it will pay off.

Cloak
01-12-2019, 01:53 PM
We gotta find someone to take minutes away from Ado

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Get Perry back in there and move Holman to the 5

Irondawg
01-12-2019, 01:54 PM
I do not understand what the deal with Ado is. He big and athletic and looks the part but he just struggles incredibly on offense. He’s had about 3-4 dunk opportunities and hasn’t converted a single one.

Time to break out the early Amare Stoud. Videos and tell him to just try to slam everything and keep trying it until he gets it roghr

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:55 PM
That was a back court violation and the refs suck again!!!

KOdawg1
01-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Penis hands strikes again

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:56 PM
Adon't is atrocious.

Sorry. Have to spread some around for some reason

MarketingBully
Ado didn’t even go for that defensive rebound. Get him the hell out of there!!!!

LC Dawg
That was a back court violation and the refs suck again!!!
Yeah, they definitely missed that.

Red Sox Dawg
Not defending him but he grew up playing soccer, maybe he just can’t make his hands work?

Irondawg
01-12-2019, 01:57 PM
And there’s Ado again followed by a gimme possession where our guards released way to early. We can’t get out of our own way half the time

Cloak
Can Perry or Woodard play the 5?

Bdawg
These refs suck assholes. That was an offensive foul and to add insult to injury the assholes called Nick for a Tech? Really?

Nick was still moving a little I thought

MarketingBully
Horrible horrible refs. Wasn’t a travel.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Nick was still moving a little I thought

The guy was out of control. Doesn’t matter.

msstate7
Peters has been absolute shit

KOdawg1
Peters is his own worst enemy

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Peters not a great half either

msstate7
Can Perry or Woodard play the 5?

Can they play the 1? There's the killer

MarketingBully
These refs are the worst I’ve seen by far.

Red Sox Dawg
We have the lead but kind of a weak finish to the 1st half.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Peters has been absolute shit

We made our big run with Q and Peters on the bench with Carter, Perry, and Woodard on the court. Take that for what it’s worth.

Bdawg
The guy was out of control. Doesn’t matter.

If you are trying to take charge and you are moving, you're going to get a blocking foul every time

Saltydog
good basketball team and could very well finish above us in the league this year.

msstate7
We have 6 assists and 9 TOs. Rick ray special

Leeshouldveflanked
Halftime adjustments coming up.... Advantage Ole Miss.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 02:01 PM
good basketball team and could very well finish above us in the league this year.

Anyone that finishes above .500 will finish above us.

Scared_Hitless
01-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Gotta eliminate the TOs and Ado is not helping on either end. OM has traveled multiple times with no call and they are harping on us. We gotta finish

msstate7
Again, we better hope Kermit can't recruit. The only advantage we have over them is talent. Kermit coaches circles around Ben

Bdawg
We have the lead but kind of a weak finish to the 1st half.

If we just play clean and not out of control at times, we keep the lead stretched out.

parabrave
Well that was just a shitt& last few minutes. 3 turnovers and not even a shot taken.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Once again 7 of our 9 turnovers that half were by Peters/Q. The only difference between this game and Tuesday is the bench has scored 12 points. Hey Howland, use your damn bench! Sit Q and Peters for goodness sakes!!!

Cooterpoot
01-12-2019, 02:03 PM
If our football team lacked discipline, our basketball team is completely void of it.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:05 PM
If you are trying to take charge and you are moving, you're going to get a blocking foul every time

Nope they reviewed that play to make sure he was outside the circle. He wasn’t moving much if at all. At home that’s a charge every time.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-12-2019, 02:05 PM
North Carolina is getting smoked by a 10-5 unranked Louisville. Guess that's a wrap on their season.

Cooterpoot
01-12-2019, 02:07 PM
North Carolina is getting smoked by a 10-5 unranked Louisville. Guess that's a wrap on their season.

Have they missed the tournament for about a decade?

MarketingBully
Howland needs to get his head out of his ass and quit playing the starters so Damn many minutes. Perry, Woodard, and Carter are playing lights out. Sit Ado, Peters, and Q a lot of minutes and play Nick until he fouls out. We keep playing Johnny Grabass with Peters and Q leading the charge we will lose.

LC Dawg
I think every SEC game we play, with the exception of TN, will be exactly like this. We have the talent to win all of them but we are inconsistent and don't have a killer instinct. Great teams extend 10 point leads at home over lesser teams. We are currently only a good team with the talent to be great.

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2019, 02:09 PM
I would switch ado and q half the half and tell them to attack when in. Get the two freshmen in the other half of the time. Play Nick until he fouls out. He is the best defensive player we have.

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2019, 02:10 PM
I think every SEC game we play, with the exception of TN, will be exactly like this. We have the talent to win all of them but we are inconsistent and don't have a killer instinct. Great teams extend 10 point leads at home over lesser teams. We are currently only a good team with the talent to be great.

Agreed. We gave away 4 consecutive possessions to end the half, when we were in the double bonus. Hmmmmmm

msstate7
01-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Good news... 4 of our 5 starters (all but nick) didn't play well and we winning.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:13 PM

We’ve had this turnover problem all year but it’s been kicked into over drive by Q and Peters trying to do to much. Peters is best if he’s the PG driving and fishing to the open man. When we play him off the ball with Nick, that’s when he needs to look to score and catch and shoot. It’s not rocket science. Q and Peters are looking to do too much. Just do your job and do what you in there to do.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Nope they reviewed that play to make sure he was outside the circle. He wasn?t moving much if at all. At home that?s a charge every time.

Well guess what? It was called a block. He was still sliding over some. Your maroon glasses are thick but that's ok too.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Hopefully Peters is hot this half and not out of control. That was from DEEP.

parabrave
01-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Dam whenever LP sets his feet he is deadly.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Hopefully Peters is hot this half and not out of control. That was from DEEP.

That was a good shot by him. He was squared up and basically wide open. I’d take him doing that over driving to the goal for a contested layup.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:22 PM
That was a good shot by him. He was squared up and basically wide open. I’d take him doing that over driving to the goal for a contested layup.

No doubt

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Refs suck ass.

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Damn Adooooo!! That's how you do it

WeWonItAll(Most)
Have they missed the tournament for about a decade?

I don't think they have. This must be their first not-so-good loss in a decade***

Irondawg
there's the Ado I want to see!

Red Sox Dawg
Ado!!!

Bdawg
Adoooooo!!!!! Is pissed at himself for that first half I guess!!!

LC Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Damn! Has Ado turned the corner?

mparkerfd20
Somebody put Icy Hot in Ado's jock strap at the half.

Red Sox Dawg
Someone needs to guard him

Irondawg
Man, OM keeps hitting big 3's to stay close

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Shit man. Hinson is hot as a depot stove.

msstate7
Holman watching with his hands up

MarketingBully
Wtf get out on the damn shooter assholes!!!!

Saltydog
NT

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Holman watching with his hands up

Woodard was shutting that dude down. Howland needs to get his bench involved pronto.

parabrave
Someone lit a fire under Ado during halftime.

Leeshouldveflanked
Who is supposed to have Henson? Q and Holman keep passing him off to each other. Q doesn’t want to play D...

LC Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:28 PM
The Hinson kid is all that's keeping Ole Miss in the game.

Lord McBuckethead
01-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Someone lit a fire under Ado during halftime.

Must have read the board at the half.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Who is supposed to have Henson? Q and Holman keep passing him off to each other.

They are playing 4 guards and Stevens. There’s no need to have Ado and Holman in. One is enough.

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Somebody made Ado mad

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:30 PM
Another career high for an opponent

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:31 PM
We a little cold right now

Bdawg
01-12-2019, 02:35 PM
I guess we not going to defend the 3. Keeping them in the game

WeWonItAll(Most)
Lol @ OM

Lord McBuckethead
Wow. May want to make them do something else other than shoot open threes. **

parabrave
Will someone (Holman) PLEASE defend that guy.

msstate7
Another career high for an opponent

Shitty man-to-man defense is the culprit

BrunswickDawg
Wonder if Sankey is going to call ADs to his office after this? Stevens the next Marshall Henderson?

HoopsDawg
01-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Please get Holman out of the game! I implore you coach.

mparkerfd20
Thanks of the T dumbass. Ha

MarketingBully
Holman is horrible defending the perimeter but luckily Stevens ****ed up and did something stupid. Can’t do the inverted 3 sign and show up our bench with these refs watching.

msstate7
Wonder if Sankey is going to call ADs to his office after this? Stevens the next Marshall Henderson?

What'd they call that for? The freshman was dancing after his 3s

Red Sox Dawg
umiss running their mouth
The whole game has been contentious
Refs about to shut it down but we better get it in gear right here and keep our mouths shut. No hand signals either

LC Dawg
Both teams need to stfu and just play basketball.

BrunswickDawg
01-12-2019, 02:37 PM
What'd they call that for? The freshman was dancing after his 3s

He was flashing fingers at our bench. So I guess it was taunting. They Td him up fast

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:38 PM
How many free throws have we missed

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Missing a tech ft is inexcusable.

Dawgology
01-12-2019, 02:40 PM
With the crowd turning out for this game if State loses they will lose the crowd for the season. I hate to say that it’s jusy the truth. Don’t get on twitter and run your mouth about crowd turnout and then play like shit.

msstate7
Moorhead running the offense right now

Lord McBuckethead
The refs are not allowing us to even play defense.

Leeshouldveflanked
It’s 5 on 3 when Ole Miss has the ball.

civildawg
01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Ole miss executes their offense unlike us.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Very nice! Attack the basket

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Missing a tech ft is inexcusable.

Why does Q shoot our Technical FT’s anyway.

msstate7
01-12-2019, 02:44 PM
They gonna run us out our own building. Hire Kermit

Lord McBuckethead
Nope. MSU bout to go on a run. Here it is.

Red Sox Dawg
We are playing poorly, can’t make a bucket, and umiss is filling it up in crunch time. Better step it up.

MetEdDawg
01-12-2019, 02:45 PM
They gonna run us out our own building. Hire Kermit

We have entirely too much talent to get shot out of our own gym. This is very concerning.

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:45 PM
What a waste of a team we are. Disappointing and embarrassing.

Irondawg
01-12-2019, 02:46 PM
We just look so sloppy on offense a good portion of the time.

parabrave
Moorhead running the offense right now

Naw at least JOMO tries to run a O plan.

RougeDawg
Wide ass open three looks for them. Butter fingers for us.

And yet again we are allowing players to have career games against us. Who would have imagined.

msstate7
Om is better than us and that falls squarely on howland

Lord McBuckethead
Q should know better.

Red Sox Dawg
Wow we are beating ourselves

MarketingBully
He was moving there 8. That should have been a block and an And 1.

mparkerfd20
01-12-2019, 02:47 PM
We gonna lose. OM should be the ranked team. Not us.

Saltydog
like you should and take advantage of our out of control guards.

MarketingBully
Q should know better.

Tyree wasn’t set thought that was always a block...that was the exact same play that Nick did.

Maroonthirteen
Feels like the Outback bowl. A big play. Bring it back, penalty. Big basket, wipe it off. Foul

Leeshouldveflanked
01-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Best chance we have to win is for Q to foul out. (But that was a block)

Lord McBuckethead
Seriously. We have not got a single bang bang call this entire game.

MarketingBully
Feels like the Outback bowl. A big play. Bring it back, penalty. Big basket, wipe it off. Foul

That was a bad call and you don’t even mention that.

Red Sox Dawg
01-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Umiss with 11 made 3’s

Lord McBuckethead
That call was horseshit.

Cooterpoot
Stricklin should be completely banned from our campus.

msstate7
Umiss with 11 made 3’s

Most of them wide ass open

MarketingBully
01-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Fire Howland!

msstate7
01-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Howland is a 1 trick pony, recruiting

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Stricklin should be completely banned from our campus.

I make a motion. Can I get a second?

Bdawg
Big shot Holman

civildawg
Howland has to be fired if he doesn?t make the tournament this year.