PDA

View Full Version : Tate Martell Now Transferring

StarkVegasSteve
01-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Tate Martell has put his name in the transfer portal. So now we've got Wimbush, Buechele, Hurts, and Martell as the high profile guys in the transfer portal. There's also a QB at Buffalo that a lot of people seem to be high on. Comparisons to Newton because of his height and arm strength. So surely we should be able to find a transfer QB if that is indeed the route we want to go.

hacker
01-10-2019, 02:25 PM
That's funny. He was talking shit to Fields.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
Tate Martell has put his name in the transfer portal. So now we've got Wimbush, Buechele, Hurts, and Martell as the high profile guys in the transfer portal. There's also a QB at Buffalo that a lot of people seem to be high on. Comparisons to Newton because of his height and arm strength. So surely we should be able to find a transfer QB if that is indeed the route we want to go.

I would take Martell in a heartbeat

Ifyouonlyknew
Tyree Jackson from Buffalo has entered the NFL Draft. Martell saw the writing on the wall he's not beating out Fields.

hacker
01-10-2019, 02:26 PM
BTW, hard pass. Seems like a douche.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 02:27 PM

If we take a transfer QB I feel pretty confident in saying it will be a Grad transfer.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2019, 02:30 PM

Ole Miss it is

jwells
01-10-2019, 02:32 PM
FWIW, have heard that Buechele is a real possibility.

StarkVegasSteve
01-10-2019, 02:41 PM

A Corrall/Martell Egg Bowl would be spectacle unto itself. The over/under on the fights would probably be 5 and that would just be pregame.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 02:49 PM

You keep up this type of info along with your b-ball stuff you're going to make my Christmas card list.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2019, 02:50 PM
This is wild. In the big picture of college football, where are we headed now?

Is there any point in recruiting QBs anymore or just entering the transfer market? I say that in jest, but it's getting wild out there.

https://twitter.com/AriWasserman/status/1083435525959241728

Scared_Hitless
01-10-2019, 02:51 PM
This is gonna be more and more common going forward.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Sorry I didnt' realize the thread was already started. My mistake

jwells
01-10-2019, 02:53 PM
You keep up this type of info along with your b-ball stuff you're going to make my Christmas card list.

Ha just passing along what I've been told. Thought it was odd that we had worse odds on him than Wimbush on the list yesterday because Vegas usually has their ear to the ground on these things.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 02:54 PM
You should be happy about this. Blue bloods aren't being able to stack a bunch of 4 & 5* QB's anymore. Of course they may transfer to a blue blood but they won't be able to have 3-4 on the roster.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2019, 02:54 PM
If we take a transfer QB I feel pretty confident in saying it will be a Grad transfer.

Makes sense. Joe isn't going to block Schrader

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Ha just passing along what I've been told. Thought it was odd that we had worse odds on him than Wimbush on the list yesterday because Vegas usually has their ear to the ground on these things.

Yea the Wimbush talk just never made any sense to me. Penn St seems to trending for him.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Makes sense. Joe isn't going to block Schrader

Or Mayden.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2019, 02:58 PM
You should be happy about this. Blue bloods aren't being able to stack a bunch of 4 & 5* QB's anymore. Of course they may transfer to a blue blood but they won't be able to have 3-4 on the roster.

Completely agree. 100%.

Just asking how to handle it if you are a coach. How do you strategize with type of market?

I think this really helps the 2nd level teams because I believe a backup at a blue blood is far more likely to transfer out than a starter at at a school like MSU, OM, Arkansas, SC, OK State, TCU, Michigan State, Wisconsin, etc

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Completely agree. 100%.

Just asking how to handle it if you are a coach. How do you strategize with type of market?

I think this really helps the 2nd level teams because I believe a backup at a blue blood is far more likely to transfer out than a starter at at a school like MSU, OM, Arkansas, SC, OK State, TCU, Michigan State, Wisconsin, etc

As a coach you continue to recruit the best, play the best, & if the loser leaves double up the next recruiting cycle & pray for health for your starter.

msstate7
01-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Completely agree. 100%.

We'll see. Martell and hurts are what I consider difference makers (in the right system) with fields the other. Fields went to a blue blood. I'd feel pretty safe betting martell and hurts end up at big name program

msstate7
01-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Yea the Wimbush talk just never made any sense to me. Penn St seems to trending for him.

Penn st runs the same offense as us. They selling him on being Tommy Stevens or something?

StarkVegasSteve
01-10-2019, 03:04 PM
We'll see. Martell and hurts are what I consider difference makers (in the right system) with fields the other. Fields went to a blue blood. I'd feel pretty safe betting martell and hurts end up at big name program

I could see Martell going back out West, Arizona or UCLA. Although all the talk I've seen is that he's trending to Miami or West Virginia

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2019, 03:06 PM

True. It may also work to always ensure the blue bloods never have a QB problem.

If I'm LSU, I'm trying to get Martell. No matter what they think if Burrow, he isn't near dynamic enough them to have a chance

msstate7
01-10-2019, 03:07 PM
I could see Martell going back out West, Arizona or UCLA. Although all the talk I've seen is that he's trending to Miami or West Virginia

Won't surprise me if martell ends up at ND. Booker will be a senior next season, so martell can take over there after sitting out. Georgia could be same deal

the_real_MSU_is_us
I think this transfer crap hurts the G5 more than anyone. Their good QBs will leave to find the best program they can. Guys like Minshew come to mind.

However this does help Blue Bloods, as there's always someone who's in desperate need for a QB. Michigan and LSU last year, LSU again the year before that, Auburn every QB change... they'll get the true cream of the crop and ensure it's even harder for teams like us to beat them, but the new system still probably helps us more than them

msstate7
True. It may also work to always ensure the blue bloods never have a QB problem.

If I'm LSU, I'm trying to get Martell. No matter what they think if Burrow, he isn't near dynamic enough them to have a chance

Good call on LSU. Auburn should put in lot too

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Penn st runs the same offense as us. They selling him on being Tommy Stevens or something?

Have to ask Franklin on that 1.

msstate7
01-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Have to ask Franklin on that 1.

Frankin may be changing offense

msstate7
01-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Ryan day could get off on the wrong foot big time next season if fields isn't eligible. He's following freaking urban Meyer... it will be huge pressure on him to win big immediately

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Frankin may be changing offense

Yeah over on Reddit/r/CFB PSU fans are not happy with the new OC. The entire system revolves around using the whole field to spread the D out, making reads to put the ball where they're weakest, and noticing flaws in the D and dialing up plays to exploit it. The new OC doesn't know how to out scheme the D, basically he just calls random plays and the Moorhead O has always been about using the brain more than out executing them

Ifyouonlyknew
01-10-2019, 03:25 PM

I wouldn't say it ensures it because the QB still has to perform but If they don't play up to standards then things get really dicey.

MetEdDawg
01-10-2019, 03:56 PM

There's a lot of douches out there that win games.

jwells
01-10-2019, 04:16 PM
There's a lot of douches out there that win games.

There's a difference between cockiness from someone who will put it in the work (i.e. Mayfield) and from someone who is entitled that is all about them (i.e. Martell). The QB1 documentary left a bad taste in my mouth on Martell.

Commercecomet24
01-10-2019, 04:18 PM

I've heard this as well, surprisingly from my baseball connections, that happen to know Steve pretty well.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Ole Miss it is

Haha

Spiderman
01-10-2019, 11:31 PM

I wouldn't. He's a head case

bulldawg28
01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Ryan day could get off on the wrong foot big time next season if fields isn't eligible. He's following freaking urban Meyer... it will be huge pressure on him to win big immediately

I'm thinking the same. He's willing to potentially sacrifice a year with ready talent now. You gotta think though this is Martell's attempt to get back knowing Fields may not be eligible. However , I get it if i'm in his shoes.