PDA

View Full Version : Lounge Lofts

Pinto
01-10-2019, 08:40 AM
This is my last post on this. Not complaining but just want the Dude done right. Looking at the construction cam of the lofts, why did they not go ahead and brick the section by the stairwell? I see how it makes sense architecturally but then on the front left bottom corner you have one section that is metal instead of matching brick like the rest of the stairwell.
The other thing is why not paint the ramp bottom on the left lower side of the picture maroon instead of just having that unfinished concrete for us to look at as we walk around back there.
Lastly the wall in the bullpen is still that blank white. Why not put a wrap like is on the walls in the Hump to help dress it up?
Again not complaining just want the thing done right and all the little details need to be addressed.

Cary Hudson's little bro
01-10-2019, 08:52 AM
You know the bullpen will get done with something from marketing. there are no white walls anywhere in athletics

bulldogcountry1
01-10-2019, 09:07 AM
The lower metal part surrounds the whole structure and matches the metal on the rooftop building. It looks kind of odd from the camera view, but looks better in person from other angles.

I'm glad they went back and addressed the transition from the old part of the grandstand to the new. That shows they are serious about getting it right. That said, there were a couple of things that bothered me from experiencing the new Dude last year.

1. The net - I know it's necessary in this day and age, but the thing zig-zags down the grandstand with 90 degree turns going around both dugouts. This means there are a lot of seats that have to look through 3 layers of netting to see certain parts of the field. There are more than a few seats that have obstructed views of the scoreboard or home plate because of this. This seem slike something that could have been avoided with a little more creativity.

2. The diving walls between the grandstand and berms. One has a nice, straight slope down the the field. The other doesn't. Why?

AlSwearengen
01-10-2019, 09:58 AM
You know the bullpen will get done with something from marketing. there are no white walls anywhere in athletics

Hope you are right.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-10-2019, 10:45 AM
I’m sure if there are any corners to cut, Cohen will cut them.

Pit Bull
01-10-2019, 12:26 PM
We all have our pet peeves.....one of my original architectural aesthetic issues was that the outfield light standards should be double poled and match in color to the new grandstand light standards. Use the throwback steel beam look out there too. Of course, that is an added expense and one we can do without for now. I also wonder if the light standards above the grandstand are high enough to illuminate some seriously high fly balls. On first look, they don't seem to be all that terribly high for college level play. But again, we'll find out soon enough.

Homedawg
01-10-2019, 12:40 PM
We all have our pet peeves.....one of my original architectural aesthetic issues was that the outfield light standards should be double poled and match in color to the new grandstand light standards. Use the throwback steel beam look out there too. Of course, that is an added expense and one we can do without for now. I also wonder if the light standards above the grandstand are high enough to illuminate some seriously high fly balls. On first look, they don't seem to be all that terribly high for college level play. But again, we'll find out soon enough.

we played w the lights last year and they were fine.