PDA

View Full Version : Auburn just lost to OM by 15

MetEdDawg
01-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Did not expect that. This is going to be one interesting conference slate this year. I don't see any team that can't beat any other team on any given night.

Tennessee might be the class of this league but this league is very deep this year.

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Yeah....that was quite a statement by Kermit and the ReBearShark gang. If we lose to them this Saturday, I will transition into full blown baseball mode!! I expect us to win. Our guys I'm sure watched the game tonight and got the wake up call that they better be locked in when the Sharks start circling the HUMP.

dawgoneyall
01-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Did not expect that. This is going to be one interesting conference slate this year. I don't see any team that can't beat any other team on any given night.

Tennessee might be the class of this league but this league is very deep this year.

Thanks Stricklin.

Absolutely one of the biggest mistakes of any AD at State. And his father-in-law had a large say....

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-09-2019, 11:25 PM
Thanks Stricklin.

Absolutely one of the biggest mistakes of any AD at State. And his father-in-law had a large say....

Wait, like you're complaining about us hiring Howland?? The guy who had been to 3 final 4s and was fired after winning the PAC? The guy known for recruiting?

I think it's becoming clear Howland doesn't have the actual coaching chops to get the team at a high level, but he was the PERFECT hire for the time. How many coaches were lining up to take over the utter crap Rick Ray left?

maroonmania
01-09-2019, 11:30 PM
I'm beginning to think we may regret the day we didn't hire one of our own in KD Jr.

timotheus
01-09-2019, 11:34 PM
I personally think Kermit is a better X and O guy than Ben. If the sharks defend the perimeter on saturday as they did tonite vs auburn it mite be a ruff day. Let's hope the USC debacle lit a fire.

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-09-2019, 11:40 PM
I personally think Kermit is a better X and O guy than Ben. If the sharks defend the perimeter on saturday as they did tonite vs auburn it mite be a ruff day. Let's hope the USC debacle lit a fire.

He absolutely is, but Howland is an elite recruiter and after Ray what we needed was someone to bring in real players. Even if this team bombs and we fire Ray, the program is in a MUCH better spot with Nick, Perry, Ado, and the new SF's than it would be with an X's and O's guy trying to make the tourney with Gavin Ware as his best player

Dawgcap
01-09-2019, 11:59 PM
Where were these complaints when Howland was hired. Can’t remember this outrage when we passed over Davis then.

OSCAR
01-10-2019, 12:22 AM
Yeah....that was quite a statement by Kermit and the ReBearShark gang. If we lose to them this Saturday, I will transition into full blown baseball mode!! I expect us to win. Our guys I'm sure watched the game tonight and got the wake up call that they better be locked in when the Sharks start circling the HUMP.

They live and die by 3 really good guards. If they are on they can beat most anyone in the SEC and if not then they will be meh. If we lose, likely they just had a hot night. No need to go jumping off ledges or packing in the season.

We are more talented win or lose and that should prove itself over the duration of the season.

timotheus
01-10-2019, 07:35 AM
Where were these complaints when Howland was hired. Can’t remember this outrage when we passed over Davis then.

Not a complaint, simply my opinion due to my background with the Davis coaching tree.

dawgoneyall
01-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Wait, like you're complaining about us hiring Howland?? The guy who had been to 3 final 4s and was fired after winning the PAC? The guy known for recruiting?

I think it's becoming clear Howland doesn't have the actual coaching chops to get the team at a high level, but he was the PERFECT hire for the time. How many coaches were lining up to take over the utter crap Rick Ray left?

Should have hired Kermit and not Ray.

Howland was/is a good hire....but Ray's hire can never be explained with any rational justification.

Dawg2003
01-10-2019, 07:53 AM
The NET rankings haven't been updated yet, but our friends, ASU, are 68, so that loss isn't looking so great anymore. They had a really terrible loss to Princeton I believe. Ole Miss should move ahead of us in the NET, so a win against them would help us.