PDA

View Full Version : Ex-LSU player's leg amputated after dog shoots him

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 04:29 PM
....crazy!!.....actually a lab did it...…….

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ex-lsu-players-leg-amputated-after-dog-shoots-him-his-pants-were-just-soaked-in-blood/ar-BBS0HRw?ocid=spartandhp

Jack Lambert
01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Shit happens.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Yep. That is crazy though. Hard to believe the safety was actually on and a dog could flip it and manage to get the trigger.

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Yep. That is crazy though. Hard to believe the safety was actually on and a dog could flip it and manage to get the trigger.

I guess it was a shotgun. And if they were duck hunting, had to be using something like No. 4 shot shells. Hard to see how the blast went through the bed of the vehicle and still did the damage to his leg so much so that it required amputation. That is really bizzare and tragic.....plus he could have died had they not gotten him to the hospital quickly.

TUSK
01-09-2019, 10:01 PM
I guess it was a shotgun. And if they were duck hunting, had to be using something like No. 4 shot shells. Hard to see how the blast went through the bed of the vehicle and still did the damage to his leg so much so that it required amputation. That is really bizzare and tragic.....plus he could have died had they not gotten him to the hospital quickly.

At near point blank ranges, those shot behave almost monolithically... Plus, the newer materials (tungsten) are super dense.

Dude is lucky that mistake didn't cost him his life, IMO...

viverlibre
01-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Four laws of gun safety:

1. Always treat a weapon as if it is loaded. This is the most important!
2. Never point your weapon at something unless you intend to shot it.
3. Always know your target and what's behind your target
4. Don't touch the trigger until you are ready to fire.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, leave loaded weapons laying around. As soon as you are no longer actively hunting/shooting, unload the weapon, double, triple and quadruple check this, including looking into the chamber.

BeastMan
01-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Four laws of gun safety:

1. Always treat a weapon as if it is loaded. This is the most important!
2. Never point your weapon at something unless you intend to shot it.
3. Always know your target and what's behind your target
4. Don't touch the trigger until you are ready to fire.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, leave loaded weapons laying around. As soon as you are no longer actively hunting/shooting, unload the weapon, double, triple and quadruple check this, including looking into the chamber.

This

SpeckleDawg
01-10-2019, 11:25 AM

I could see it pretty easily, depending on the gun. If it's the style (like many) with the safety on the trigger guard, it could easily happen with one step, assuming the gun was laying with the bolt side up. Sad story, but damn...always unload your gun. Also, a heavy load of steel at that range is like a steel baseball coming through the side of the bike's bed.

Howboutdemdogs
01-11-2019, 09:30 AM
One never knows what will happen. I have and continue to preach safety and care of loaded guns. I have made sure that all my kids knows the important of it. Even today, they know I’m gonna ask them if their gun is loaded and if the safety is on. You can never be too sure!