PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Murphy GoFundMe

Doggie_Style
01-09-2019, 03:14 PM
https://www.gofundme.com/the-marcus-murphy-family

A great cause....let's show them EliteDawgs care!

Jack Lambert
01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Can I as a alumni, booster and season ticket holder contribute? Is there any NCAA not allowing it?

Dawghouse
01-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Bracky already tweeting this could end up being problematic.

Hopefully they get an NCAA ruling before he receives the money so he doesn't face an eligibility issue after the fact.

Terrible loss for his family. Hopefully the NCAA does the right thing.

Bigedawg
01-09-2019, 03:28 PM
@msucompliance tweeted that it is not approved by them. Hopefully, they can get something worked out for a worthy cause such as this.

confucius say
01-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Cane here to post this.

It was tweeted out by some beat guys earlier that compliance had approved this, but, being a "booster," I donated anonymously anyway. Now, bracky has tweeted that it is not approved and "any activity by boosters that benefits student athletes contrary to ncaa guidelines can have an effect on eligibility."

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Bracky already tweeting this could end up being problematic.

Hopefully they get an NCAA ruling before he receives the money so he doesn't face an eligibility issue after the fact.

Terrible loss for his family. Hopefully the NCAA does the right thing.

Who cares if it affects eligibility? If they need it, they need it. There are more important things than football.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Who cares if it affects eligibility? If they need it, they need it. There are more important things than football.

Future football for him might be the way out of his situation. So don't say it isn't important. It could mean the difference between becoming a average income earner or becoming a millionaire.

DeputyDawg94
01-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Take his name off of the account and put his mother?s name on it. Wouldn?t that work? Seems like a simple fix.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Dammit, this is ridiculous. The man's mother died. There are expenses that have to be paid. My dad's funeral was 9k without blinking 5 years ago, and I am cheap.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Take his name off of the account and put his mother?s name on it. Wouldn?t that work? Seems like a simple fix.

yea. or his sister

I seen it dawg
01-09-2019, 05:03 PM
West Point Athletics has set something up. Go there.

This is another failed chance by Bracky to do his job and be out in front of this instead of waiting until it's gets screwed up before he gets involved. He would rather be hall monitor and wait to catch people than be out in front to make sure it's done right from the beginning so no one gets in trouble.

Commercecomet24
01-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Dang shame that you can't just help a family out that's hurting without having to worry about creating an eligibility issue for them.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2019, 05:37 PM
specially for unexpected funeral arrangements.

Ezsoil
01-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Maybe we should consult Auburn on how to give money to a "church"