PDA

View Full Version : Jalen is in transfer portal.

Msujd164
01-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Holla!

TIFWIW bleacher report.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813803-jalen-hurts-reportedly-in-ncaa-transfer-portal-intends-to-leave-alabama

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2019, 01:51 PM
GO GET HIM

Maroonthirteen
01-09-2019, 01:54 PM
If we are looking for QB transfers..... maybe someone out of the Ivy League. Those JoMo pre-snap reads.

StarkVegasSteve
01-09-2019, 01:59 PM
If we are looking for QB transfers..... maybe someone out of the Ivy League. Those JoMo pre-snap reads.

So true it actually hurts

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:04 PM
No thanks, a running QB that can't pass just led us to failure in year 1 of the JoeMoShitShow...Id rather not see it two years in a row. Just start Shrader if you're going to shoot for Hurts...at least we'd be prepping for the future while losing next year

smootness
01-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Hurts would be no better for us than the guys we already have.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:05 PM

So accurate I can't laugh

confucius say
01-09-2019, 02:07 PM
No thanks, a running QB that can't pass just led us to failure in year 1 of the JoeMoShitShow...Id rather not see it two years in a row. Just start Shrader if you're going to shoot for Hurts...at least we'd be prepping for the future while losing next year

Bet you're fun at parties

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Bet you're fun at parties

Haha

Quaoarsking
01-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Alabama uses a lot of RPO in their scheme, so Hurts could probably pick it up

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2019, 02:17 PM

8 wins is not a failure at Mississippi State. You guys used to pride yourselves on being realists. That is as real as it gets. We had the defense to do better, but not the offense. The offensive scheme wasn't the problem.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 02:24 PM
My guess is Florida, FSU, UCLA, or tcu

starkvegasdawg
Every ATM within a two hour drive of Auburn just got visited.

RezDog7
8 wins is not a failure at Mississippi State. You guys used to pride yourselves on being realists. That is as real as it gets. We had the defense to do better, but not the offense. The offensive scheme wasn't the problem.

This guy gets it.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Every ATM within a two hour drive of Auburn just got visited.

This would suck for us, but it's the perfect fit. Hurts would kill it with gus

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:27 PM

Bullshit. 8-5 was a massive failure for this team. You'd still have Croom as our coach though, so your opinion is worthless

msu15
01-09-2019, 02:31 PM

8 wins is not a failure at Mississippi State as an average, but it was absolutely a failure for the 2018 team. 10-2 regular season was the bare minimum.

bluelightstar
01-09-2019, 02:34 PM

In fairness, Fitz is not in the same stratosphere as Jalen Hurts.

tcdog70
01-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Bullshit. 8-5 was a massive failure for this team. You'd still have Croom as our coach though, so your opinion is worthless

right--i'm not sure we even had a scheme. the lack of a scheme was more the problem. we had no real identity, seems we changed what we wanted to do or not to do every game.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:36 PM
8 wins is not a failure at Mississippi State as an average, but it was absolutely a failure for the 2018 team. 10-2 regular season was the bare minimum.

This. Every season is not the same. Liverpool is the coach's pet for every MSU coach. Creates excuses for them, defends them, and diminishes State's potential so that expectations are always met through his eyes.

Saltydog
01-09-2019, 02:37 PM
we thought but we had a good offensive line, good backs and a solid QB that regressed. Blame it all on Fitz if you'd like but I've ways heard a good coach adapts his schemes to what his players do best. I think some of it squarely falls on Moorhead and his stubbornness (i.e. play calling on the one against Iowa). Insert obligatory "the staff was new and didn't have time" comment here.

tcdog70
01-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Hurts couldn't pass with Bama talent--but he would have done so much better with our Sun Belt WRS---right!!

RezDog7
01-09-2019, 02:38 PM

I'd rather have Croom as our coach than you as our fan. You need to find some positivity in your life.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2019, 02:39 PM
This would suck for us, but it's the perfect fit. Hurts would kill it with gus

I just don't see him doing that.

I think he ends up at TCU, Oklahoma, or Maryland

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:39 PM
I'd rather have Croom as our coach than you as our fan. You need to find some positivity in your life.

Awww

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 02:40 PM

I missed the part over the last 9 yrs when we turned into ****ing LSU.

Some of y'all need to step away for a while and let reality set in.

Ain't no way in God's Creation were we going to go 10-2 with a QB that can't consistently complete passes or read a defense in a scheme that requires he do both really well.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 02:42 PM

ESPN qbr for both 2016 and 2017:

Hurts = 41st and 7th
Fitz = 19th and 14th

Both's strength is running. Here's each's run epa according to espn qbr:

Hurts = 13th and 15th
Fitz = 2nd and 5th

Fitz was damn good when he had a coach that knew how to use him.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:43 PM

Ain't no way in God's Creation were we going to go 10-2 with a QB that can't consistently complete passes or read a defense in a scheme that requires he do both really well.

Nobody said consistently 10-2, but we definitely should have been 10-2 THIS year. Guess what guys, if you have a QB that isn't a great passer, try adjusting the pass game and try giving it to your 2 stud RB's more than a combined 10 times per game. You're proving my point as to why Joe failed in year 1

msstate7
01-09-2019, 02:45 PM

Turned into LSU? Haha, I wish

LSU won 9 and 10 the last 2 years with Ed freaking O

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 02:48 PM

LSU won 9 and 10 the last year with Ed freaking O

Yep. Excuse us for wanting our Guru coach to achieve 10 wins with the #1 D in the country. You'd think we were saying he should have won the West (which most would expect from a 5th year Sr QB & the #1 D in the country). Nope, just score a TD vs Florida and beat freaking Kentucky...how dare we

bluelightstar
01-09-2019, 02:56 PM
ESPN qbr for both 2016 and 2017:

Hurts = 41st and 7th
Fitz = 19th and 14th

Both's strength is running. Here's each's run epa according to espn qbr:

Hurts = 13th and 15th
Fitz = 2nd and 5th

Fitz was damn good when he had a coach that knew how to use him.

Disagree to some extent. Fitz has never been a consistent (or some would say even competent) passer and has gotten worse every year through the air. I think Moorhead screwed the pooch big time this year, but I also don't think anyone -- including Mullen --was going to coax competent passing out of our QB enough to handle the best defenses on the schedule. Moorhead's offense tanked against good defenses this year, but under Fitz, Mullen's offense did the same thing. See, e.g., LSU 2016 (23-3 until we pulled Fitz), Auburn 2016 (38-14), Alabama 2016 (51-3), Georgia 2017 (31-3), Auburn 2017 (49-10). Heck, we only mustered 335 yards against Miami of Ohio in Fitz's best statistical year.

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Nobody said consistently 10-2, but we definitely should have been 10-2 THIS year. Guess what guys, if you have a QB that isn't a great passer, try adjusting the pass game and try giving it to your 2 stud RB's more than a combined 10 times per game. You're proving my point as to why Joe failed in year 1

Or maybe have a QB with enough brain matter to realize when to HAND IT OFF. And the passing game was soooooo bad b/c Fitz was MISSING WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS. Jesus, how many wide open guys did Fitz miss this year? He'd have Guidry or Mitchell with three yard cushions in zone and MISS them by three yards.

C'mon mane!

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 02:58 PM

LSU won 9 and 10 the last 2 years with Ed freaking O

I'll give O credit. He ain't trying to reinvent the wheel.

Cooterpoot
01-09-2019, 03:01 PM
UNC would be my guess.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Disagree to some extent. Fitz has never been a consistent (or some would say even competent) passer and has gotten worse every year through the air. I think Moorhead screwed the pooch big time this year, but I also don't think anyone -- including Mullen --was going to coax competent passing out of our QB enough to handle the best defenses on the schedule. Moorhead's offense tanked against good defenses this year, but under Fitz, Mullen's offense did the same thing. See, e.g., LSU 2016 (23-3 until we pulled Fitz), Auburn 2016 (38-14), Alabama 2016 (51-3), Georgia 2017 (31-3), Auburn 2017 (49-10). Heck, we only mustered 335 yards against Miami of Ohio in Fitz's best statistical year.

You left out 2017 Bama and LSU (1st and 4th in sec in scoring defense).

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2019, 03:02 PM
This. Every season is not the same. Liverpool is the coach's pet for every MSU coach. Creates excuses for them, defends them, and diminishes State's potential so that expectations are always met through his eyes.

I agree, why is this hard.

Next year, 8-5 would be a solid year. I?ll take 8 wins right now.

If we replayed this season 10 times, I think 8 wins is the absolute floor. JoMo didn?t know what to do with Fitz until it was too late. We should have never lost to Kentucky, Florida or Iowa. That?s on the coach.

I?m still behind him, but this year was disturbing, anyone that isn?t a little concerned is simply lying. I was hoping with the bears not being relevant would have helped us clean up this year in a talent rich year for football recruits, I?m holding out hope until after signing day, but I?m also concerned that we have not taken advantage of the situation as much as we could have.

Admitting these concerns isn?t a bad thing, it shows you can be objective.

bluelightstar
01-09-2019, 03:04 PM
You left out 2017 Bama and LSU (1st and 4th in sec in scoring defense).

So two defenses in 3 years? And we only had 330 yards against Alabama (I'll grant you that some of that was a function of Mullen's strategy to shorten the game). (By the way, I believe LSU was missing like 5 or 6 defensive players in our game, but it was still an awesome beatdown.)

CadaverDawg
01-09-2019, 03:04 PM
I agree, why is this hard.

Next year, 8-5 would be a solid year. I?ll take 8 wins right now.

If we replayed this season 10 times, I think 8 wins is the absolute floor. JoMo didn?t know what to do with Fitz until it was too late. We should have never lost to Kentucky, Florida or Iowa. That?s on the coach.

I?m still behind him, but this year was disturbing, anyone that isn?t a little concerned is simply lying. I was hoping with the bears not being relevant would have helped us clean up this year in a talent rich year for football recruits, I?m holding out hope until after signing day, but I?m also concerned that we have not taken advantage of the situation as much as we could have.

Admitting these concerns isn?t a bad thing, it shows you can be objective.

Amen

msu15
01-09-2019, 03:08 PM

Mother****er the reality is that we were literally 2 dropped ****ing passes away from 10-3. Man you can't fix stupid.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Delete

smootness
01-09-2019, 03:11 PM

And his point is that we've seen this offense with a QB like Hurts, and it was awful. We may be able to do better, but not with the same personnel.

NCDawg
01-09-2019, 03:20 PM

I agree 8-5 was a massive failure for this team. We had better talent than that. Our offensive performances against Kentucky, Florida, LSU, and Alabama were not very good.

tcdog70
01-09-2019, 03:46 PM

what??/ no way in God's creation??? just catch 2 passes and we have 10 wins ..Don't have a godzillion penalties and run the ball against Ky and we win 11 games.

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Mother****er the reality is that we were literally 2 dropped ****ing passes away from 10-3. Man you can't fix stupid.

And we were how many overthrown passes from 10-2 genius? G'dam, some of y'all hate just to hate.

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 03:51 PM
what??/ no way in God's creation??? just catch 2 passes and we have 10 wins ..Don't have a godzillion penalties and run the ball against Ky and we win 11 games.

Yeah..but it's all Joe's fault.***

ETA: With a better QB that can hit more open receivers and read a defense we are 10-2. That's the whole reason this season was "shit".

msstate7
01-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Yeah..but it's all Joe's fault.***

ETA: With a better QB that can hit more open receivers and read a defense we are 10-2. That's the whole reason this season was "shit".

Will we have the #1 defense in the country when he gets that qb?

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Come on mane, that's not even a good comeback. We weren't going to do any better with Mullen on offense. We did not have the passing game to move the ball on good defenses, nor could we last year, because we were essentially a one demensional team. We did pretty well considering, mainly because Fitz was which a beast running the ball.

Scared_Hitless
01-09-2019, 04:06 PM

Depends if we keep Shoop. Which was always the question after this season. Also we have to assume Garrett is the guy so keep Shoop for 3 years. Doubtful

Homedawg
01-09-2019, 04:07 PM

course a&m could say the same thing, they dropped about a dozen against us. catch half of them and well......

msstate7
01-09-2019, 04:09 PM
course a&m could say the same thing, they dropped about a dozen against us. catch half of them and well......

Stigham overthrow and fumble at goal line

TrapGame
01-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Having a QB that can complete 65% of his passes keeps our defense off the field without the need to be a steel curtain.

C'mon 7.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-09-2019, 04:14 PM
I normally don't get involved in these cat fights and know better not to this time, but what the hell. I've seen some of you say JoMo was a failure in year 1. And then turn around and say if we catch 2 passes that we end up 10-2. It's almost like a trick question...I keep reading it over again. So, I'm assuming that 10-2 would have been a successful season...and JoMo called the two pass plays that were dropped....and since they were dropped by the receivers he is a failure, but had they caught them he would have had a successful first season. I'm just going to stop before I confuse myself even more. Carry on.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 04:16 PM
I normally don't get involved in these cat fights and know better not to this time, but what the hell. I've seen some of you say JoMo was a failure in year 1. And then turn around and say if we catch 2 passes that we end up 10-2. It's almost like a trick question...I keep reading it over again. So, I'm assuming that 10-2 would have been a successful season...and JoMo called the two pass plays that were dropped....and since they were dropped by the receivers he is a failure, but had they caught them he would have had a successful first season. I'm just going to stop before I confuse myself even more. Carry on.

Probably best to judge coaches/teams on what is rather than what ifs.

dawgday166
01-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Come on mane, that's not even a good comeback. We weren't going to do any better with Mullen on offense. We did not have the passing game to move the ball on good defenses, nor could we last year, because we were essentially a one demensional team. We did pretty well considering, mainly because Fitz was which a beast running the ball.

C'mon mane! I'm in the "Let's give Joe some time to go thru the learning curve" camp. I see some good things but there are also some things he needs to address and get better at. Having said that:

I have been hot/cold on Mullen. He pissed me off a thousand times. Lots of folks on here have said during his tenure "with Mullen we never have to worry about scoring points" and I've replied "Oh contrare, his offense under performs against the upper tier SEC squads". And I would get reamed for that on here too.

But ...

I can almost guarantee you we would've scored in double digits against everyone we played this year with Mullen as HC and with all the returning players, including Bama (although maybe not with those refs). And while I believe there's a good chance Mullen would've slipped up against KY, he would've beat FL & LSU (he owns O and is extremely confident against him).

However ... Iowa is another story cause Mullen would've either been negotiating a new job or would've already been out the door.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2019, 04:29 PM
My guess is Florida, FSU, UCLA, or tcu

We are a better fit for him than all of those schools.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 04:30 PM
We are a better fit for him than all of those schools.

Don't think we're better fit than Florida. Others, I agree

dawgday166
01-09-2019, 04:35 PM

Yea ... he'd kill it there.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2019, 04:45 PM
And his point is that we've seen this offense with a QB like Hurts, and it was awful. We may be able to do better, but not with the same personnel.

Oh, I agree with that. But that's not what he said.

Saltydog
01-09-2019, 04:55 PM
nt

Todd4State
01-09-2019, 05:32 PM

I'd be willing to bet that we are the only SEC fanbase that has a fair amount of fan that demand that our coach just hand the ball off a million times as opposed to being pissed off that the QB can't read a defense functionally.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 05:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet that we are the only SEC fanbase that has a fair amount of fan that demand that our coach just hand the ball off a million times as opposed to being pissed off that the QB can't read a defense functionally.

Besides vandy, we're probably the only sec fan base that makes excuses for the coach underperforming

RougeDawg
01-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Hurts couldn't pass with Bama talent--but he would have done so much better with our Sun Belt WRS---right!!

7 thinks Hurts and Tua would have identical passing stats with our receivers. Just ask him.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Mullen is pretty excited about Emory Jones.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Mullen is pretty excited about Emory Jones.

Oh I know. Mullen may not even want hurts, but hurts would fit quite well with Mullen.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Oh I know. Mullen may not even want hurts, but hurts would fit quite well with Mullen.

Oh, I thought we were talking about potential landing spots. Hurts would fit in well at Ohio State too, but he isn't going there.

msstate7
01-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Oh, I thought we were talking about potential landing spots. Hurts would fit in well at Ohio State too, but he isn't going there.

I think Mullen will call

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Holla!

TIFWIW bleacher report.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813803-jalen-hurts-reportedly-in-ncaa-transfer-portal-intends-to-leave-alabama

I'd like to see him go to Auburn.....that would be funny!

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 09:13 PM

^^^^^^^^This. Hurts is ten times better than Fitz in passing.

Pit Bull
01-09-2019, 09:14 PM
If Hurts wanted exposure to his passing skills, I would give Mike Leach a call......like yesterday.

KOdawg1
01-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Yes, Hurts had more talent around him than Fitz.

Yes, Hurts is not an elite passer.

But he's a better passer than Fitz. All day, everyday. Fitz was terrible guys. Love the guy. But he sucked.

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2019, 09:20 PM
^^^^^^^^This. Hurts is ten times better than Fitz in passing.

Yep, and probably a better runner if he had been asked to do what Fitz was.