PDA

View Full Version : New Dude Home Plate Entrance

Pinto
01-09-2019, 10:23 AM
I know right Field is going to be the main entrance but it looks like they are buttoning up the home plate entrance. Are they not going to put up ?Dudy Noble Field? and MS like in the renderings above the entrance? If not, it looks very plain and boring and is another major fail by Cohen.

AlSwearengen
01-09-2019, 10:47 AM
I was looking at the renderings for it and comparing it to Texas a&m’s a couple of days ago. I shouldn’t have done that. A big thing in high end neighborhoods are their windows and how much of a difference they make in dressing up a house. I know we dont have a&m money, but if we had done something different with the windows, it could look much better.

That said, if we can talk the decision makers into being imaginative with some flags/banners/pennants, it can be dressed up a little better, maybe.

Saltydog
01-09-2019, 10:51 AM
You know, putting up flags of all the SEC schools but putting up one for Ole Miss that just said "Mississippi" on it, ala JWS.....

Dawgbite
01-09-2019, 11:16 AM
PICS or GTFO!

Pinto
01-09-2019, 11:39 AM
If you are talking about the New Dude, look at construction cam thread pinned up top.
PICS or GTFO!

Cooterpoot
01-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Those new balconies in the outfield scream "titties" for Dudy Gras.

Dawgbite
01-09-2019, 11:48 AM
If you are talking about the New Dude, look at construction cam thread pinned up top.

Oh, carry on my wayward son.

IngomarDawg
01-09-2019, 11:54 AM
A while back, I heard that they were putting two former player statues at the home plate entrance. Someone more in the know, is that still happening? I think that would make the entrance better than it currently is on the construction cam.

ScoobaDawg
01-09-2019, 12:09 PM
A while back, I heard that they were putting two former player statues at the home plate entrance. Someone more in the know, is that still happening? I think that would make the entrance better than it currently is on the construction cam.
Bases have been poured... should be installed soon based on the work done on the cameras. Might be waiting to put that type finishing work.. such as the statue and metal signage until the end..

Opening of the new dude is scheduled for Feb.15 so they have about a month and a week.
https://hailstate.com/sports/2018/11/7/dudy-noble-field-opening-weekend.aspx

Evidently we are doing a "Ron Polk Ring of Honor" in the Rf.. interesting...

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Thunder & Lightening statue is going out front

smootness
01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
I can pretty much guarantee that sign will be going up. That stuff is always the last thing to add.

AlSwearengen
01-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Bases have been poured... should be installed soon based on the work done on the cameras. Might be waiting to put that type finishing work.. such as the statue and metal signage until the end..

Opening of the new dude is scheduled for Feb.15 so they have about a month and a week.
https://hailstate.com/sports/2018/11/7/dudy-noble-field-opening-weekend.aspx

Evidently we are doing a "Ron Polk Ring of Honor" in the Rf.. interesting...

I’ve always thought that putting “MLB hall of fame” type plaques for all-Americans or whatever around the right field circle would be nice.

IngomarDawg
01-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Have they announced it yet? I mean we all know they're the two there's no question there. Just wondering if its been made public and if not, why?

msbulldog
01-09-2019, 01:24 PM
You know, putting up flags of all the SEC schools but putting up one for Ole Miss that just said "Mississippi" on it, ala JWS.....

Excellent idea, Salty! +1