PDA

View Full Version : Preview

NWADAWG
01-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Is this Clemson team a preview of what our offense can be with a good throwing QB and receivers that catch?

And no I'm not saying we will be that talented.

WildDawg
01-08-2019, 12:17 AM
I’d like to see our offensive coaching staff operate as quickly as the winning team did tonite.

Todd4State
01-08-2019, 01:22 AM
I find it really hard to believe that we will ever have a QB as good as Lawrence and WR's like number 8 for Clemson.

But it's like someone else said earlier tonight- we don't need that to beat Alabama. We need that to blow them out. We just need to get good enough to beat them.

Lord McBuckethead
01-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Good enough to call a play and then execute it without checking with the sideline.

raymond21
01-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Good enough to call a play and then execute it without checking with the sideline.

First baby step we need to take

msugolf
01-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Is this Clemson team a preview of what our offense can be with a good throwing QB and receivers that catch?

Wow

fader2103
01-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Trevor Lawrence is a generational type player, not talking about just in college but also NFL. He will be a multi-Super Bowl Champion. Just watch.

smootness
01-08-2019, 08:58 AM

It is a preview of what our offense can be with an all-time QB and multiple 5-star WRs, absolutely.

NWADAWG
01-08-2019, 09:52 AM
I thought the "And no I'm not saying we will be that talented" implied that I wasn't referencing having equal players, playing for a natty, or anything like that.

What I was referring to is the way the offense ran, stretching the field, keeping defenses off balance and playing to whatever weakness the defensive formation allows..... While not identical the offensive strategy looked a lot like what I think JoMo is trying to run.

Defenses like Bama's go from good to world beaters when they can play with reckless abandon. Yes Clemson is on a completely different talent level but what I saw in Bama's defense is what was most shocking last night. It is the first time I can remember seeing them being hesitant. I think our offense, on a lesser scale, can cause some of the same issues with 4 star QB and receivers.

DownwardDawg
01-08-2019, 09:59 AM
I find it really hard to believe that we will ever have a QB as good as Lawrence and WR's like number 8 for Clemson.

But it's like someone else said earlier tonight- we don't need that to beat Alabama. We need that to blow them out. We just need to get good enough to beat them.

Yep. We just need good receivers and a good QB. Nothing great.

DownwardDawg
01-08-2019, 10:03 AM
I thought the "And no I'm not saying we will be that talented" implied that I wasn't referencing having equal players, playing for a natty, or anything like that.

What I was referring to is the way the offense ran, stretching the field, keeping defenses off balance and playing to whatever weakness the defensive formation allows..... While not identical the offensive strategy looked a lot like what I think JoMo is trying to run.

Defenses like Bama's go from good to world beaters when they can play with reckless abandon. Yes Clemson is on a completely different talent level but what I saw in Bama's defense is what was most shocking last night. It is the first time I can remember seeing them being hesitant. I think our offense, on a lesser scale, can cause some of the same issues with 4 star QB and receivers.

Many posters here have terrible reading comprehension skills or just want to poor mouth everything. Some of us knew exactly what you were saying. We need good receivers and a good QB to be able to win 10 or more games a year IF Moorehead’s offense works. We ain’t trying to beat Bama by 70 points. You have to have Clemson talent to do that. We just want to beat them by 1 point.

smootness
01-08-2019, 10:05 AM

And we're saying that you can't make any comparison while conceding that we won't be nearly as talented. Because that offense has far more to do with the talent than it does the scheme.

Bama's defense was hesitant because Clemson has players all over the field who can beat them. Lawrence = one of the most talented QBs ever; Etienne = maybe the best RB in college football; Ross/Higgins = probably the most talented duo in the country, even over Jeudy/Waddle. I mean, even Tavien Feaster, who had all of 5 touches last night, is a junior who was a 5-star out of HS.

I don't care what scheme you put those guys in, they're going to make you look bad pretty consistently.

StateDawg44
01-08-2019, 10:24 AM
I'm still in the Moorhead boat, although not as high on him as start of this past season. He still has my support and I think he can bring some stuff we haven't experienced to the table once he gets his players.

That said, Moorhead is no Dabo, Saban flat out got out schemed by the other sideline and Clemson players executed to perfection. Talent aside, MSU has a long ways to go to even try to match that.

Really Clark?
01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
I'm still in the Moorhead boat, although not as high on him as start of this past season. He still has my support and I think he can bring some stuff we haven't experienced to the table once he gets his players.

That said, Moorhead is no Dabo, Saban flat out got out schemed by the other sideline and Clemson players executed to perfection. Talent aside, MSU has a long ways to go to even try to match that.

I think Bama’s offense got out schemed and out hearted in the redzone. I think Clemson’s offense just came up with big plays by playmakers and some mistakes (and an injury for one big play). Ross made some unbelievable catches. Lawrence made several big throws and got bailed out on some average throws.