View Full Version : Ding Dong....

TUSK
01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
The Witch is Dead....

Dabo and Clemson deserve kudos!!!!!

Congrats!

DeputyDawg94
01-07-2019, 11:42 PM
I figured it’d be about this score with Bama winning. Did not see this coming.

dawgday166
01-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Imagine if refs called games this square every game against everyone. CFB knew the entire nation was Bama fatigued and they were risking losing viewership. Next year it will be back to normal and Bama will dominate all year and win Natty.

ETA: Or ... REC letting Dabo win so he will succeed Saban *

TUSK
01-07-2019, 11:53 PM
Imagine if refs called games this square every game against everyone. CFB knew the entire nation was Bama fatigued and they were risking losing viewership. Next year it will be back to normal and Bama will dominate all year and win Natty.

Yep,,, I talked at my last REC meeting... I've seen it....

I told em, "if we keep whippin ass, people are gonna say that we cheat, and that we have the refs in our pockets.... so, let's throw the game.. lose just one NC, and then roll....."

I'm just happy that college football is fair, again...

dawgday166
01-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Yep,,, I talked at my last REC meeting... I've seen it....

I told em, "if we keep whippin ass, people are gonna say that we cheat, and that we have the refs in our pockets.... so, let's throw the game.. lose just one NC, and then roll....."

I'm just happy that college football is fair, again...

LOL ... Only for one game. And it was against a Bama boy/next Bama coach *

And I didn't say CFB was "fair". I said game was called fair for a change when Bama faces an opponent that can beat them.

Turfdawg67
01-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Awesome!!!! Great game and amazing when the refs are impartial!

Dawgology
01-08-2019, 12:48 AM
Actually...when the talent on the field is comparable Saban is pretty beatable. It’s why he left the NFL after getting torched. He couldn’t stack the deck there like he can in college.

TUSK
01-08-2019, 01:09 AM
Actually...when the talent on the field is comparable Saban is pretty beatable. It’s why he left the NFL after getting torched. He couldn’t stack the deck there like he can in college.

the NFL is grateful...

Dawgology
01-08-2019, 07:40 AM
the NFL is grateful...

Funny. But this is actually an interesting article about Saban:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mike-check/nick-saban-legendary-college-football-coach-with-pesky-nfl-asterisk/dUC8b6wdbNNG5xsTV3sUpM/

dawgday166
01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Funny. But this is actually an interesting article about Saban:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mike-check/nick-saban-legendary-college-football-coach-with-pesky-nfl-asterisk/dUC8b6wdbNNG5xsTV3sUpM/

At Mich St he left whining about "not being able to own his own state in recruiting" too. Whined about spread offenses when he started losing to OM, TAM, AU, etc. and lately about "in the NFL they have rules to protect the QB" right after our D roughed up Tua and their O in our game. This from a coach whose team consistently targets opposing players yet only gets called for targeting when a receiver is laid out on the ground, not getting up, and very lucky to not have a broken neck (AU this year).

Not saying Bear didn't cheat (cause everybody did back then) but if Saban wants to be considered the GOAT in college football he should've done something like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950_Kentucky_Wildcats_football_team

Sagarin has that 1950 KY team as #1 that year. Back then they ranked all teams before the bowls. To beat the powerhouse #1 Oklahoma team coached by Bud Wilkinson (who still holds record for most consecutive wins) at KY while finishing with only 1 close loss all year, is a pretty far up there accomplishment.

Now everyone cheats but it's still like it was when TAM got put on probation under Bear. TAM "got out of their lane" and won the conference pissing big Texas boosters off (that were cheating too), so they got hammered for cheating even tho everyone else was doing it too. Same thing happened to OM when they were beating Bama ... they got out of their lane. Don't beat Bama .. they probably don't get hammered.

Bum Phillips said about Bear "he'll take his'n and beat yore'n, and yore'n and beat his'n". I don't think that describes Saban.

justwin
01-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Awesome!!!! Great game and amazing when the refs are impartial!

there was ALOT of pass interference by ALL of Bama's dbs that weren't called tonight either. ALOT that wasn't called.

Mobile Bay
01-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Last night he also whined that Clemson was copycatting stuff that other teams had done and worked. That's called watching game film. The oldest trick in the book.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Last night he also whined that Clemson was copycatting stuff that other teams had done and worked. That's called watching game film. The oldest trick in the book.

I think he was whining because we and a few other teams showed that if you hit Tua, he's soft and will get flustered. He's a lightweight cupcake and I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it through a full season in his career.

DownwardDawg
01-08-2019, 09:56 AM

This is exactly right and I’ve said this about Saban for years. Incredible coach. One of the best. But it’s because of his recruiting and the “system” he has created. It damn sure ain’t because of his in game coaching.

msstate7
01-08-2019, 09:59 AM
I think he was whining because we and a few other teams showed that if you hit Tua, he's soft and will get flustered. He's a lightweight cupcake and I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it through a full season in his career.

He was facing the best defense in the country though

dawgday166
01-08-2019, 10:04 AM

I don't think he makes it long in the league even if the talent is there and he can read Ds better than I believe he can. He could improve that tho. He is very fragile tho. He doesn't move extremely well in pocket when flushed, run very well, and doesn't throw on run extremely well either.