PDA

View Full Version : Charles Moore decommits.

mparkerfd20
01-07-2019, 11:11 PM
AU $

Rick Danko
01-07-2019, 11:16 PM
I swear this guy to best of my memory was first commit of this class. What a joke

msstate7
01-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Great. Enjoying the night, and bam, night goes to crap. Gotta love being a state fan

IMissJack
01-07-2019, 11:20 PM
Is Moorhead about to screw up this class like a new year's bowl?

defiantdog
01-07-2019, 11:20 PM
This was expected honestly

BeardoMSU
01-07-2019, 11:21 PM
I swear this guy to best of my memory was first commit of this class. What a joke

I think you're correct. I remember him being one of the first 2 or 3 for sure.

Cloak
01-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Great. Enjoying the night, and bam, night goes to crap. Gotta love being a state fan

Can we lock this thread until tomorrow

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:23 PM

Enlighten us on how Moorhead messed up with Charles Moore.

confucius say
01-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Good luck to the kid. has some life circumstances he needs to figure out

dawgoneyall
01-07-2019, 11:25 PM

Something money can fix?

HoopsDawg
01-07-2019, 11:26 PM

he clearly has some talent, but apparently he had a rough senior year. I wish him luck.

IMissJack
01-07-2019, 11:30 PM

I asked a question, I did not make a statement. He is the coach, so deal with it.

NCDawg
01-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Think he has been committed for the past year and a half. Now, right before signing date, he decides to decommit.

Bothrops
01-07-2019, 11:32 PM
You can't fix stupid.

Pit Bull
01-07-2019, 11:32 PM
There goes our only former 5 Star player.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:33 PM

Ranked 24th now with the most in-state talent in history.

Dude is on the cusp on losing the fan base

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Because he didn't sign a 95 rated player from down the street.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2019, 11:36 PM
#JoeMoShitShow

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Because he didn't sign a 95 rated player from down the street.

If you think that's the only thing going on here you are nuts. Hope you hammered Mullen for not getting Brown because obviously the only thing that matters in recruiting is geography.

Guess Auburn messed up too not getting Justyn Ross. He was only a half hour away from them and a 97 overall

Cloak
01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Wrong thread

MaroonFlounder
01-07-2019, 11:40 PM
To be fair, this O-Line class is damn good. So....no. JoMo hasn't lost me yet. Mullen and Hev couldn't recruit OL for shit.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:41 PM
If you think that's the only thing going on here you are nuts. Hope you hammered Mullen for not getting Brown because obviously the only thing that matters in recruiting is geography.

I most certainly hammered Mullen for not getting Brown.

Look, I have no clue what is going on with Moore, but it's not like we have 4 star DL hammering the door down to join our program. So, I honestly couldn't care less what is going on with him. You sign him, get him on campus, & develop him.

We've got to sign players like this. It's pure lunacy to say otherwise.

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:43 PM
I most certainly hammered Mullen for not getting Brown.

Look, I have no clue what is going on with Moore, but it's not like we have 4 star DL hammering the door down to join our program. So, I honestly couldn't care less what is going on with him. You sign him, get him on campus, & develop him.

We've got to sign players like this. It's pure lunacy to say otherwise.

Not sure where you've been but we do have 4 star DL hammering the door down to get in. Simmons, Crumedy, Lovett, Spencer, Pickering, Sweat, Rivers.

The fact you have no clue proves my point. How can you blame Moorhead if you self admittedly don't know what's going on?

civildawg
01-07-2019, 11:44 PM
Most talented class in years and we will struggle to sign a full class. Just put joe out to the pasture already

CadaverDawg
01-07-2019, 11:45 PM
Not sure where you've been but we do have 4 star DL hammering the door down to get in. Simmons, Crumedy, Lovett, Spencer, Pickering, Sweat, Rivers.

The fact you have no clue proves my point. How can you blame Moorhead if you self admittedly don't know what's going on?

Pickering ain't beating down the door, or he'd have signed

CadaverDawg
01-07-2019, 11:46 PM
Most talented class in years and we will struggle to sign a full class. Just put joe out to the pasture already

Amen. How he managed to **** this table setting up I'll never know. Get him the hell out

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2019, 11:46 PM
This is one guy we may want to let go somewhere else...

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:48 PM

Why?

There appears to be something that EVERYONE but me knows about Moore.

MaroonFlounder
01-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Maybe Byron Young is coming. I'd take that.

Really Clark?
01-07-2019, 11:49 PM

He said hammering the door to join the program. 2 of the guys you listed are gone as of last week. Pickering is the only guy looking to join of the players listed.

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:49 PM
Pickering ain't beating down the door, or he'd have signed

Ok so what about the other 6 I mentioned? And add Kobe Jones. Missed him on my first pass through.

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:51 PM
He said hammering the door to join the program. 2 of the guys you listed are gone as of last week. Pickering is the only guy looking to join of the players listed.

Got it. So if it's not in this specific class for this year people don't want to come. How freaking stupid this is. Got a lot of uninformed morons on this board

Bdawg

I dont want to say to much negative about a recruit but his decommitment spill didn't read very well. I'll just leave it at that.

CadaverDawg
Ok so what about the other 6 I mentioned? And add Kobe Jones. Missed him on my first pass through.

None of them are beating the door down...they've been here

Percho
01-07-2019, 11:52 PM

How on God's green earth could you put this on Jo?

maroonmania
01-07-2019, 11:52 PM
I HATE dead periods and all-star games!

Pit Bull
01-07-2019, 11:53 PM
AU $

I don't know.....this has a Don Merlins feel to it. Probably explained to Charley why he needs to get the hell out of Mississippi.

Really Clark?
01-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Got it. So if it's not in this specific class for this year people don't want to come. How freaking stupid this is. Got a lot of uninformed morons on this board

No you just didn’t comprehend his post. It was about replacing this recruit with another one highly rated. His post had nothing to do with players already in the program. Much less 2 who are leaving for the pros. Don’t get your panties in a wad because you didn’t read his post properly

Turfdawg67

Yep... Moorhead had a lot to do with this. Imbecile poster. Get mad at our boosters for not ponying up. I know ppl at his HS and he was all MSU. F*ckin' $$$ talks. Not Joe's fault

LC Dawg
Mississippi State stuck with him when he got hurt but it wasn't this staff. This may or may not matter but I think he is scheduled to visit Florida.

defiantdog
01-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Calm down..... this WAS expected

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:55 PM
How on God's green earth could you put this on Jo?

Because he's the head coach that is responsible for putting together the best possible recruiting class

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2019, 11:56 PM
I don't know.....this has a Don Merlins feel to it. Probably explained to Charley why he needs to get the hell out of Mississippi.

He has a visit to Florida this weekend.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Calm down..... this WAS expected

No it wasn't

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 11:57 PM
No it wasn't

Yes it was. That's why you have ZERO clue what's going on. If you paid attention to recruiting this has been brewing for months.

dawgday166
01-07-2019, 11:58 PM
No it wasn't

My feelings from what I've read are (which could be inaccurate) the staff had no confidence in him not dropping us last minute with us not having a backup plan. We immediately offered another DT when he decommitted.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Yes it was. That's why you have ZERO clue what's going on. If you paid attention to recruiting this has been brewing for months.

Garbage. Our recruiting guys said this week he was likely to sign with us. Just stop

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Garbage. Our recruiting guys said this week he was likely to sign with us. Just stop

I still think we are favorite. Remember Lovett last year.

Wouldn't shock me at all if this was just a way for him to drum up attention & then sign with us on signing day

MetEdDawg
01-08-2019, 12:02 AM

You mean the same guys that a bunch on here blasted for getting the number of signees wrong on early signing day?

defiantdog
01-08-2019, 12:06 AM
Dude wants attention..... let him have his fun. But this was expected. Your 247 sources may not have expected it, but other reliable sources knew it was coming. I'm not saying that I'm glad he's gone, but those in the know knew he was gonna decommit.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Dude wants attention..... let him have his fun. But this was expected. Your 247 sources may not have expected it, but other reliable sources knew it was coming. I'm not saying that I'm glad he's gone, but those in the know knew he was gonna decommit.

Doesn't matter if it was expected...still a big loss

RezDog7
01-08-2019, 12:07 AM
Every time I look at this board I feel like I'm participating in the #BirdBoxChallenge; everybody jumping in front of busses.

There have been concerns he may decommit for months.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2019, 12:08 AM
Every time I look at this board I feel like I'm participating in the #BirdBoxChallenge; everybody jumping in front of busses.

There have been concerns he may decommit for months.

Joe coached like he was doing the bird box challenge this year ha

Irondawg
01-08-2019, 12:09 AM
Judging from all I've read over the past few months with him. He had a lousy senior year which is one reason more schools weren't after him. There's something going on behind the scenes with the family b/c it's been alluded that his mother wants him to get away and mommas don't send like sending their boys away unless there is a good reason. Add on top that it's been mentioned often that he enjoys the attention and drumming up drama so this may end up being much to do about nothing.

There is no reason to think this staff doesn't work their tail of on recruiting when compared to the previous staff. Multiple people from multiple angles mention how much better they are at this than Mullen's crew. Also universally mentioned that Joe is much better with kids and families than Don was so I'm waiting to pass final judgement until the ink is dry in Feb.

Regardless I don't think anything that happens is a result of the staff dropping the ball.

Bdawg
01-08-2019, 12:09 AM

So you think he's gone for good?

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2019, 12:10 AM
Judging from all I've read over the past few months with him. He had a lousy senior year which is one reason more schools weren't after him. There's something going on behind the scenes with the family b/c it's been alluded that his mother wants him to get away and mommas don't send like sending their boys away unless there is a good reason. Add on top that it's been mentioned often that he enjoys the attention and drumming up drama so this may end up being much to do about nothing.

There is no reason to think this staff doesn't work their tail of on recruiting when compared to the previous staff. Multiple people from multiple angles mention how much better they are at this than Mullen's crew. Also universally mentioned that Joe is much better with kids and families than Don was so I'm waiting to pass final judgement until the ink is dry in Feb.

Regardless I don't think anything that happens is a result of the staff dropping the ball.

It's about results man, not effort.

It sucks that Moore appears to have some head case in him, but you still gotta find a way to get him.

RezDog7
01-08-2019, 12:11 AM
Joe coached like he was doing the bird box challenge this year ha

So did the QB and receivers.

Bdawg
01-08-2019, 12:11 AM

Good post

Cooterpoot
01-08-2019, 12:12 AM

It was not expected by the people recruiting him.

MetEdDawg
01-08-2019, 12:13 AM
It's about results man, not effort.

It sucks that Moore appears to have some head case in him, but you still gotta find a way to get him.

You talking money? I'm not sure what you mean by gotta find a way. Just put it out there what we should have done

the_real_MSU_is_us
01-08-2019, 12:21 AM
1) I don't care if some of y'all had (very quiet, btw) "sources" saying he would decommit, or that this was "expected"- it's still just as big of a deal to our class whether it's a surprise of an open secret.

2) The idea that we have 4* DL "beating down our door" is laughable. Yes we have some on campus, but we have just as many 3* because no more 4* wanted ot come. And this year if Moor doens't sign with us, we'll fill his spot with a 3* because no 4* is beating down or door. This loss hurts.

3) There's a very real possibility this is for $$$ and publicity. He's been saying he'd flip to every team and reporter he can find, that's something you do for attention even if you have doubts about State. Most player keep it to themselves a lot more than he has. Being uncommitted will net him a lot more attention and probably $$$.

4) those in the know seem to be implying he's after $$$ and Auburn is dishing it out. This crap is the real reason we'll never be Bama, LSU, Auburn, or even A&M over time. We can hire smart and beat them some but never consistently.

timotheus
01-08-2019, 12:24 AM
This is no different than Lovett the past recruiting cycle guys, somebody needs to make contact and make him feel appreciated. The good thing is that he's not considering the Sharks so there won't be much dust up either way after the Feb signing date. I saw him play twice this past season and I feel that he's very raw and will benefit from a RS year. He's way too cocky and took too many plays off but the ability is sure there. Whomever is currently in his ear is probably telling him that he can play as a true freshman which is a mistake on his part.

MaroonFlounder
01-08-2019, 12:24 AM
No it wasn't

It was expected. You must not listen to Rosebowl. He didn't come out and SAY it, but you could read it in his voice and the way he worded it. This was weeks ago.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2019, 12:27 AM
You talking money? I'm not sure what you mean by gotta find a way. Just put it out there what we should have done

He thinks we are supposed to find a way to get any high school football player in MS, that we want. but he can't give the road map how to accomplish that, or understand that it doesn't just always work out like he thinks it should. He and a few more, on here, are so far out of reality on recruiting that it's really almost comical.

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2019, 12:30 AM
This is why I hate our damn fans... 4 pages of damn freakouts when we still have a chance to get him. Why do we need anyone else to recruit against us when we tear our own recruits up...

MaroonFlounder
01-08-2019, 12:33 AM
It was not expected by the people recruiting him.

That's because the people recruiting him were being told only what they wanted to hear. It happens with a handful of prospects every recruiting cycle.

yjnkdawg
01-08-2019, 12:35 AM
This is why I hate our damn fans... 4 pages of damn freakouts when we still have a chance to get him. Why do we need anyone else to recruit against us when we tear our own recruits up...

+1 ........ You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScoobaDawg again.