PDA

View Full Version : Wentz or Foles?

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 02:45 PM
I think the Eagles QB situation is one of the most fascinating I've ever seen.

What would you do if you were the Eagles GM?

I think Wentz is more talented but damn all Foles does is win big games, show better instincts, avoid sacks, & keeps the offense on track.

We all know the Eagles will choose Wentz but is that the right decision?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2019, 02:48 PM
Foles.... Wentz has the tools, Foles has the IT ......I could see Foles take over for Brady.

msstate7
01-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Foles.... Wentz has the tools, Foles has the ?IT?..I could see Foles take over for Brady.

Foles was tried at Kansas City and St. Louis. He failed miserably at both places.

msstate7
01-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Wentz is the correct choice. Foles' luck (that makes auburn 2013 blush) will run out at some point. Go with talent

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Foles was tried at Kansas City and St. Louis. He failed miserably at both places.

He certainly hasn't failed in Philly &, if I were the GM of an org looking for a QB, I'd damn sure try to find out why

msstate7
01-07-2019, 02:57 PM
He certainly hasn't failed in Philly &, if I were the GM of an org looking for a QB, I'd damn sure try to find out why

His rating last season was 79.5. His rating yesterday was 77.7

Scared_Hitless
01-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Hard decision I still lean Wentz for now. But people are forgetting Foles lit it up under Chip Kelly as well. He needs the right coach but he has proven to be a winner.

Decision gets more complicated if he makes another playoff run. I try to keep them both if I am Philly or flip 1 for a 1st round pick.

msstate7
01-07-2019, 03:10 PM
This could be Foles secret...

Sam Monson
?
Verified account

@PFF_Sam

Big reason Bears pass rush went AWOL?

70% of Nick Foles' pass attempts came out in 2.5 seconds or under, highest of the Wild Card round (by almost 20%).

Foles had the quickest average time to throw of the weekend by 2 tenths of a second (an eternity in average time terms)

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 03:20 PM
This could be Foles secret...

Sam Monson
?
Verified account

@PFF_Sam

Big reason Bears pass rush went AWOL?

70% of Nick Foles' pass attempts came out in 2.5 seconds or under, highest of the Wild Card round (by almost 20%).

Foles had the quickest average time to throw of the weekend by 2 tenths of a second (an eternity in average time terms)

That's a really good secret & why Foles seems to do better with the Eagles than Wentz

msstate7
01-07-2019, 03:22 PM
That's a really good secret & why Foles seems to do better with the Eagles than Wentz

The tweet only covers yesterday though. Not sure if that was specific game plan for Chicago bc of Mack

StarkVegasSteve
01-07-2019, 05:11 PM
I think any other team outside of KC would choose Wentz easily, but Foles just fits that pass heavy spread hybrid that Peterson runs. I just don't know how many other systems Foles would be successful in, but by god he's successful in that one.

timotheus
01-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Foles is the main reason this team is in the playoffs. Their secondary is depleted but over the last few weeks have played better on the back end.

Dawg61
01-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Foles. He's only 29. Wentz is 26.

Turfdawg67
01-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Foles, no question. Should've been a starter again, this year, for some team.

Dallas_Dawg
01-07-2019, 07:32 PM
I'd take Wentz and trade him for a bounty of draft picks over the next couple of years. First call I'd make would be to Jacksonville.
Then I'd ride with Foles and have assets in case he fails.
You can also pay Foles a lot less than what Wentz will end up getting.

Matty Dispatch
01-08-2019, 10:19 AM
The Eagles have won 1 Superbowl: with Foles. Now he's at it again reviving a dead team and taking them into the Divisional round of the playoffs. He's a winner. Quarterbacks like Wentz aren't that hard to find anymore - pretty much every team in the NFL has their guy except maybe Jacksonville - so I'd trade Wentz to them for a 1st & 2nd round pick and continue building up the rest of my team....then in 5 years when Foles is depleted go draft another guy.

Political Hack
01-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Wentz = Matt Ryan

Foles = Playoff Winner

msstate7
01-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Carson wentz led the eagles to the #1 seed last season. He's never started a playoff game bc of injury. He was #4 last season and #7 this season in QB rating in the nfl.

Matty Dispatch
01-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Carson wentz led the eagles to the #1 seed last season. He's never started a playoff game bc of injury. He was #4 last season and #7 this season in QB rating in the nfl.

That's the thing - Wentz obviously can't stay healthy. Meahwhile, Foles has won 4 playoff games including the Superbowl, plus he took over a 6-7 team this year and beat the Rams and Texas on the way to a playoff berth.

If you're the Eagles, do you go with Wentz who you think can win a Superbowl, or Foles who you know can win a Superbowl. They can't have both because they would owe Foles $20 million next year if he stays.

msstate7
01-08-2019, 01:02 PM
That's the thing - Wentz obviously can't stay healthy. Meahwhile, Foles has won 4 playoff games including the Superbowl, plus he took over a 6-7 team this year and beat the Rams and Texas on the way to a playoff berth.

If you're the Eagles, do you go with Wentz who you think can win a Superbowl, or Foles who you know can win a Superbowl. They can't have both because they would owe Foles $20 million next year if he stays.

Foles started 1st 2 games, so 1 of the 7 losses is his. Foles rating this year is 96.0, which is good. Wentz rating is 102.2, which is really good.

Here's wentz's ratings in all losses this year: 99.4, 115.3, 119.6, 102.5, 31.9, 120.9

Matty Dispatch
01-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Foles started 1st 2 games, so 1 of the 7 losses is his. Foles rating this year is 96.0, which is good. Wentz rating is 102.2, which is really good.

Here's wentz's ratings in all losses this year: 99.4, 115.3, 119.6, 102.5, 31.9, 120.9

You're too obsessed with analytics. The goal is to win the game. Foles is clutch and the Eagles play better when he's in the game. He was 4-1, Wentz was 5-6. Wentz is really good, and the Eagles probably can't make the wrong choice here, but the fact that Foles won a Superbowl and seems to be a great leader when it matters the most, I would keep him and trade Wentz if I'm their GM/owner. I think you could get more defensive talent or offensive help in return and keep the run going with Foles for the next few years.

msstate7
01-13-2019, 07:57 PM
2 playoff games for foles...
Vs bears = 77.7 rating
Vs saints = 61.4 rating

Y'all still gonna get rid of your young QB for foles?

RougeDawg
01-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Vs bears = 77.7 rating
Vs saints = 74.8 rating

If not for a phantom taunting call today he?s still undefeated in playoffs. That gave the saints life and 7.

msstate7
01-13-2019, 08:13 PM
If not for a phantom taunting call today he?s still undefeated in playoffs. That gave the saints life and 7.

Penalties: saints 11-84, eagles 4-30

I'll just leave it at that. You never seem to lack DA takes

Jarius
01-14-2019, 07:20 AM
Trade Foles to some group of morons that think he can win in a non spread system and take their draft picks. Wentz is a better qb and you can still get good value from Foles.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-14-2019, 08:44 AM
Trade Foles to some group of morons that think he can win in a non spread system and take their draft picks. Wentz is a better qb and you can still get good value from Foles.

So you saying Foles to the Cowboys?

Matty Dispatch
01-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Vs bears = 77.7 rating
Vs saints = 61.4 rating

He takes his 6 seed Eagles team into one of the hardest venues in the NFL to win vs. a 1 seed and 8.5 point underdog, and is leading what could potentially be a game-winning drive but his receiver lets the ball go right through his hands leading to a INT. I don't care what his rating is. He is a clutch QB - playing flawless in the 1st quarter when the crowd was bonkers, then at the end he was doing well until Jeffreys screwed it up.

Wentz looks like a great QB. Too bad he can't stay healthy. He got injured in college and twice in the pros. A good QB rating doesn't do you much good when you can't put on a uniform for the playoffs. Foles is the winner is got them a Superbowl and took them into the divisional round of the playoffs after being left for dead in Week 14 this year.

msstate7
01-14-2019, 08:59 AM
I wish the eagles would trade wentz to the saints. Trading wentz would be incredibly dumb imo

Jarius
01-14-2019, 09:21 AM
So you saying Foles to the Cowboys?

Yes. That would make my day. I would love to see Dak go anywhere else. Their fan base is too stupid to realize what they have at qb.

bulldawg28
01-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Foles

msstate7
01-14-2019, 07:42 PM
For mlb fans... To me this situation would be like if Ozzie albies gets hurt this year and Charlie Culberson steps in and leads the braves to a World Series. Would you replace albies with culberson going forward? I wouldn't, and I wouldn't replace wentz with foles.

Pit Bull
01-14-2019, 10:20 PM
I think the Eagles QB situation is one of the most fascinating I've ever seen.

What would you do if you were the Eagles GM?

I think Wentz is more talented but damn all Foles does is win big games, show better instincts, avoid sacks, & keeps the offense on track.

We all know the Eagles will choose Wentz but is that the right decision?

I would try to keep both. You know one or the other will get knocked out sooner or later. Foles has saved the Eagles season again! W/O him, Eagles don't even beat Chicago. Dallas is fortunate that Dak is built like a LB. He can take way more vicious hits and survive easier than most NFL QBs.

Matty Dispatch
01-15-2019, 08:15 AM
For mlb fans... To me this situation would be like if Ozzie albies gets hurt this year and Charlie Culberson steps in and leads the braves to a World Series. Would you replace albies with culberson going forward? I wouldn't, and I wouldn't replace wentz with foles.

The fact that he LED the Braves to a World Series is all I need to know. I'd trade Albies for talent elsewhere and keep Culberson. I'd like to keep the hero that got me the elusive championship that the entire sport is based on. Even if he hits .220 for the next 3 years it's a thank you for LEADING us to the championship. The Eagles franchise is even worse than the Braves. They had never won a Superbowl until Foles got it for them. And they'd only been there twice prior. The Braves at least already have a World Series and have been participants another 4 times.

msstate7
01-15-2019, 08:19 AM
The fact that he LED the Braves to a World Series is all I need to know. I'd trade Albies for talent elsewhere and keep Culberson. I'd like to keep the hero that got me the elusive championship that the entire sport is based on. Even if he hits .220 for the next 3 years it's a thank you for LEADING us to the championship. The Eagles franchise is even worse than the Braves. They had never won a Superbowl until Foles got it for them. And they'd only been there twice prior. The Braves at least already have a World Series and have been participants another 4 times.

Carson Wentz was 11-2 as the starter though last season. He was a pro bowler. Philly most likely wins with it Wentz too.

This argument really is irrelevant though... not a chance in hell foles starts over a healthy wentz in philly next season. Foles will get a shot elsewhere

bulldawg28
01-15-2019, 01:18 PM
Carson Wentz was 11-2 as the starter though last season. He was a pro bowler. Philly most likely wins with it Wentz too.

This argument really is irrelevant though... not a chance in hell foles starts over a healthy wentz in philly next season. Foles will get a shot elsewhere

What's the reasoning behind the team being better this year after Foles starts?

msstate7
01-15-2019, 01:25 PM

No idea. I don't get carried away with small samples

Cooterpoot
01-15-2019, 01:27 PM

They got healthy. Had some starters out.

smootness
01-15-2019, 02:02 PM

Yikes

bulldawg28
01-15-2019, 06:09 PM
They got healthy. Had some starters out.

It just ironically happens they win big when Foles is under center versus Wentz huh? Where do you see healthy? Which starter returned with Foles under center.

timotheus
01-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Foles has the "it factor" just like Montana or Troy Aikman. Just give him the ball and get out of the way.

msstate7
01-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Wentz is the starter going forward per espn

codeDawg
01-15-2019, 08:28 PM
I feel like you have two guys who are close in ability, but one has more market value and is an injury risk. I would advi they trade Wentz and keep Foles, but I hope they keep Wentz, sign a shitty backup, and Wentz goes down again. #worstfansinfootball