View Full Version : Let?s talk about grad transfer and jucos

Dawgfan77
01-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Starting a new thread for some actual recruiting news

I?m hearing we are after a WR, DT and QB
IYOK. Can you substantiate these rumors

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2019, 02:56 PM
I don't think we need to go after a grad QB. I bet Mayden wins the job, then Shrader, then Keytaon (if he is still here)

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Definitely need a DT or 2.... and WR.... where is this “Tansfer Portal” and who is in right now?

Cooterpoot
01-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Not any DT's in juco. Haven't noticed any transfers either. WR is going to happen. I'm doubtful on QB, but we'll see.

Really Clark?
01-07-2019, 03:13 PM
Not any DT's in juco. Haven't noticed any transfers either. WR is going to happen. I'm doubtful on QB, but we'll see.

Yeah the best DL transfer is the DE from UCLA. No DT’s to speak of

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2019, 03:21 PM
I could see us looking for a grad DT but they better be able to play because we're going to be very young at DT but very talented. Crumedy, Lovett, Pickering, & Moore are all 4* or better guys. I still think we move Spencer inside too.

The position I expect a grad transfer is WR.

MetEdDawg
01-07-2019, 03:55 PM
I could see us looking for a grad DT but they better be able to play because we're going to be very young at DT but very talented. Crumedy, Lovett, Pickering, & Moore are all 4* or better guys. I still think we move Spencer inside too.

I would assume we are working angles on the WR position? To be honest I don't even know who's available? Don't hear a lot of chatter about WR graduate transfers.

Commercecomet24
01-07-2019, 04:00 PM

I'm glad to hear someone not talking gloom and doom about the DT positions. I understand we are losing some big time players on the interior but I'm excited about the young talent we have there.

Dawgfan77
01-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Defense doesn?t have to be dominate to win but the offense needs to be good to win. I?m hearing the next few weeks we will be in on some grad transfers on the O

Todd4State
01-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Defense doesn?t have to be dominate to win but the offense needs to be good to win. I?m hearing the next few weeks we will be in on some grad transfers on the O

I guess the earliest the transfers can start is the summer? When does school start for MSU?

I hate to be negative but their odds of helping us increase the sooner that they are here.

msstate7
01-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Wimbush to ucf

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-16-2019, 12:29 AM
DT grad transfer from Rice coming in for official in a couple of weeks. http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3916358/zach-abercrumbia

Here's a WR from Penn St. Haven't heard if we've been in contact. http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3929645/juwan-johnson

While looking for these I saw where Harbaugh offered a 7th grade QB. Bet ya a $1 he's not even there when the kid graduates hs.

eta...Was just reading the Penn St. 247 page and their recruiting guy was asked where Johnson was looking and he named Miss. State, Oregon and Miami. I guess one to keep an eye on.

Jarius
01-16-2019, 12:59 AM
Yeah the best DL transfer is the DE from UCLA. No DT?s to speak of

As someone else mentioned, we are hard on the DL grad transfer from Rice. He was first team CUSA and could at a minimum provide quality depth at a position of need.

Todd4State
01-16-2019, 01:04 AM
Yeah the best DL transfer is the DE from UCLA. No DT’s to speak of

Looking at the transfer portal on ESPN not really any guys available that I would take over Key. I agree on WR and hopefully it's Johnson. I also agree about our DL. Everyone talks about how we have no experience at DT but most of the guys that are candidates to play a lot are all former four star guys.

TUSK
01-16-2019, 03:44 AM
Wimbush to ucf

That's awesome...

(giggle)

Really Clark?
01-16-2019, 07:20 AM
As someone else mentioned, we are hard on the DL grad transfer from Rice. He was first team CUSA and could at a minimum provide quality depth at a position of need.

Uh...I posted that before he was a known transfer. I know about him and our attempt to get him

msstate7
01-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Not a grad transfer, but martell to Miami. Manny with a huge win

Jarius
01-16-2019, 08:01 AM
Uh...I posted that before he was a known transfer. I know about him and our attempt to get him

Ok, well I'm sorry that I don't know your posting history like the back of my own hand. I was simply putting the information out.

Really Clark?
01-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Ok, well I'm sorry that I don't know your posting history like the back of my own hand. I was simply putting the information out.

The date is on the post you quoted. No search or memory recalled required.***

Homedawg
01-16-2019, 11:00 AM
I'm glad to hear someone not talking gloom and doom about the DT positions. I understand we are losing some big time players on the interior but I'm excited about the young talent we have there.

I think everyone knows the guys we have are very talented. But they are going to have to learn on the fly. Big time. And we don't have the numbers we had this year. That is a reason for concern. But I'm certainly not doom and gloom.

TrapGame
01-16-2019, 11:08 AM
I don't think we need to go after a grad QB. I bet Mayden wins the job, then Shrader, then Keytaon (if he is still here)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayden pull this off. He throws a pretty ball. We have to have a guy the A) spots the open receiver and B) can deliver the ball to him.

msstate7
01-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Hurts to Oklahoma.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2019, 02:17 PM
I think everyone knows the guys we have are very talented. But they are going to have to learn on the fly. Big time. And we don't have the numbers we had this year. That is a reason for concern. But I'm certainly not doom and gloom.

I always like reading your opinion on things. You always have good info.

BuckyIsAB****
01-16-2019, 10:56 PM
We are hard after the WR from Penn St. I think Moorhead is rolling with Shrader at QB for better or for worse.

Todd4State
01-17-2019, 01:17 AM
We are hard after the WR from Penn St. I think Moorhead is rolling with Shrader at QB for better or for worse.

Yep. I don't see really any better available QB options in the transfer portal. But I do think Key is going to get a chance to be the QB too.

bulldawg28
01-17-2019, 07:08 AM

If he does and we miss a bowl he should be fired

Leeshouldveflanked
01-17-2019, 07:37 AM
MSU Enrollment deadline for Spring 2019 has already passed. So anyone in transfer Portal couldn’t enroll here till Summer and miss Spring practice. I figure that puts any QB transfer in talk to bed. FWIW I think classes for Ole Miss are just starting this week so they could be very active in transfer market.

Dawgfan77
01-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Some others kids will hit the market in May after spring semester.

BuckyIsAB****
01-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Yep. I don't see really any better available QB options in the transfer portal. But I do think Key is going to get a chance to be the QB too.

I want it for KT but I dont think Moorhead has any confidence in him. It sent a message lining him up at RB and WR in the bowl game

maroonmania
01-17-2019, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayden pull this off. He throws a pretty ball. We have to have a guy the A) spots the open receiver and B) can deliver the ball to him.

Pretty obvious that with the Mooread's offense the #1 thing the QB needs is good decision making on where to go with the ball. Its more important than anything else and is why Fitz struggled so mightily in the system. Decision making is more important than running ability or even passing accuracy for a Moorhead QB.

BhamDawg205
01-17-2019, 09:17 PM
I want it for KT but I dont think Moorhead has any confidence in him. It sent a message lining him up at RB and WR in the bowl game

It may also show he nor his QB coach can get our QBs ready... I just don't see the KT is worse than Fitz. He runs well enough and throws a better ball. I'm blaming coaching two 4 stars and not one has progressed enough. He added a QB coach that may know the offense, but can't coach.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-17-2019, 09:18 PM

If KT isn't the guy I'll be very surprised.

Todd4State
01-17-2019, 09:51 PM

I don't think so because Moorhead did the same thing with Tommy Stevens the back-up at Penn State. I think it's simply a way to get two QB's on the field and open up some possibilities.

Todd4State
01-17-2019, 09:54 PM
It may also show he nor his QB coach can get our QBs ready... I just don't see the KT is worse than Fitz. He runs well enough and throws a better ball. I'm blaming coaching two 4 stars and not one has progressed enough. He added a QB coach that may know the offense, but can't coach.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "KT doesn't know the offense" stuff was leaked by MSU to prevent a QB controversy. When KT has played I just don't get the "he doesn't know what he's doing" vibe. Sort of like Brandon Holloway is a better blocker than Aeris Williams and Holloway "knows the playbook better". And then Holloway goes down and Aeris all of a sudden is a football junkie.

BhamDawg205
01-18-2019, 01:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the "KT doesn't know the offense" stuff was leaked by MSU to prevent a QB controversy. When KT has played I just don't get the "he doesn't know what he's doing" vibe. Sort of like Brandon Holloway is a better blocker than Aeris Williams and Holloway "knows the playbook better". And then Holloway goes down and Aeris all of a sudden is a football junkie.

Yep bingo

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:43 PM
If KT isn't the guy I'll be very surprised.

I wont. I want it to be KT bc he has earned it but Im hearing otherwise. Doesnt matter what I hear it matters what Joe wants though

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 05:44 PM

The guy Moorhead brought in the other day will replace Breiner

Dawgfan77
01-18-2019, 06:52 PM
The guy Moorhead brought in the other day will replace Breiner
The quality control guy?

BuckyIsAB****
01-18-2019, 08:41 PM
The quality control guy?

Yes

Goldendawg
01-18-2019, 11:46 PM
I don't think so because Moorhead did the same thing with Tommy Stevens the back-up at Penn State. I think it's simply a way to get two QB's on the field and open up some possibilities.

Hey, he got two QB's on the field in our bowl game but one played RB and WR.

Dawgfan77
01-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Yes
What I am saying is we are not going to hire a QB coach and demote breiner unless he is being let go. The guy support guy was at back up qb two years ago