PDA

View Full Version : A lot of chatter on the MSU podcasts about coaches probably leaving

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Steve mentioned in his show that we have hired a ton of new quality control and off the field positions in the last year and these guys are looking to get into on the field roles. He said don't be surprised after the coaching convention that we have numerous changes to the staff. Others have hinted at it and Bo Bounds (I know, I know) brought up Shoop wanting a HC job and would be willing to take a pay cut to do it.

Any rumblings on the back channels?

parabrave
01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Well thats what these guys normally do when they take these off field positions, they want to move up.

starkvegasdawg
01-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Steve mentioned in his show that we have hired a ton of new quality control and off the field positions in the last year and these guys are looking to get into on the field roles. He said don't be surprised after the coaching convention that we have numerous changes to the staff. Others have hinted at it and Bo Bounds (I know, I know) brought up Shoop wanting a HC job and would be willing to take a pay cut to do it.

The name plate for the DC office door should just be a dry erase board.

Jack Lambert
01-07-2019, 11:31 AM
What HC jobs are available.

msstate7
01-07-2019, 11:43 AM
What HC jobs are available.

Temple

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2019, 11:43 AM
I think all should accept that there a few Venables, Mickey Andrews, Bud Foster, etc types out there. These assistants move around at every school.

I don't know why Aranda is still at LSU. Why hasn't he been offered any head coaching jobs?

msstate7
01-07-2019, 11:48 AM
I think all should accept that there a few Venables, Mickey Andrews, Bud Foster, etc types out there. These assistants move around at every school.

I don't know why Aranda is still at LSU. Why hasn't he been offered any head coaching jobs?

Waiting out O, probably. Wonder what Venables is waiting on

tcdog70
01-07-2019, 11:52 AM

O ain't going anywhere--USC wishes they had kept Him.

Jack Lambert
01-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Temple

Thanks!

Tbonewannabe
01-07-2019, 01:10 PM

That is the odd one to me. He was a pretty hot name year before last but hasn't really been mentioned this year.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-07-2019, 01:20 PM
I wouldn’t use Bo Bounds insight on anything....

Ari Gold
01-07-2019, 01:31 PM
I wouldn’t use Bo Bounds insight on anything....

This...

smootness
01-07-2019, 01:33 PM

Honestly, I'm surprised more people in Venables' situation don't do what he's doing. If you like your job, like where you are, and are really good at it (plus making a crap ton of money), why jump at one of the first job offers you get? I'd be willing to stay in that place for quite a while. And I would imagine many that do jump eventually regret it.

CovertDawg
01-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Mississippi State defensive players have made a lot of coaches a lot of money over the years.....Launched Collins career, Launched and Saved Diaz's, Solidified Grantham's, and returned Shoop to "elite" status....heck even guys like David Turner got pay raises twice at different schools. It is almost the exact opposite to the offensive side of the ball where Hudspeth is the only coach I can recall moving "up." And Johnson who left to be an OC is right back to being a QB coach.

Choctaw Dawg
01-07-2019, 01:47 PM

Venables still being at Clemson is a real surprise to me. The guy is a KState alum from Kansas and I don't think he even considered for the KState job or didn't want it. If I were KState that guy would have been the first one offered.

LanceHarbor
01-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Also, his son is on the team and he enjoyshis autonomy at Clemson. Click the link for more. Dabo has done a helluva job building a program and continuity on his staff.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-s-brent-venables-tony-elliott-address-head-coaching-rumors/article_d69effd0-f1a1-11e8-942b-3f5dabe47ece.html

Venables still being at Clemson is a real surprise to me. The guy is a KState alum from Kansas and I don't think he even considered for the KState job or didn't want it. If I were KState that guy would have been the first one offered.

parabrave
01-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Also, his son is on the team and he enjoyshis autonomy at Clemson. Click the link for more. Dabo has done a helluva job building a program and continuity on his staff.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson-s-brent-venables-tony-elliott-address-head-coaching-rumors/article_d69effd0-f1a1-11e8-942b-3f5dabe47ece.html

Plus he is also waiting on Dabo to take over BAMA when Saban retires so he can take over clemson** \

Lord McBuckethead
01-07-2019, 04:23 PM
So pay him 2 million and give him autonomy. Make a name here Shoop.

Turfdawg67
01-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Typical "Po Mithithippi Tate" thread. No evidence but hey, it's inevitable that we can't keep good coaches, so "who are we losing?" "What cha hearing?" Gotta happen, right?

MaroonFlounder
01-07-2019, 06:20 PM
The name plate for the DC office door should just be a dry erase board.

This.

I'm almost to the point that I expect a different DC every year. Screw it. Whoever takes over this defense is gonna inherit a talented group.

Bothrops
01-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Bo loves this time of the year. It's either the MSU HC or DC is leaving.

timotheus
01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't base anything on what Bo said. He's just trying to emulate Finebaum.

Todd4State
01-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Anyone predicting that coaches are going to change some is not a very difficult prediction. That happens to everyone everywhere pretty much.

I'm hearing we have a coaching change on the staff in the offseason. I bet I'm right and have just as much info as Bo Bounds. Which is none.

Kingbarkus
01-07-2019, 09:05 PM
Ohio St just got rid of both DC’s. OSU plane in Baton Rouge maybe interviewing LSU defensive staff members. Would Shoop be an option for them?

MaroonFlounder
01-07-2019, 09:07 PM
I bet I'm right and have just as much info as Bo Bounds. Which is none.

Well, I'm not a fan of Bo, but he does have some inside sources. I don't know how good they are, but they are inside.

Really Clark?
01-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Ohio St just got rid of both DC’s. OSU plane in Baton Rouge maybe interviewing LSU defensive staff members. Would Shoop be an option for them?

Aranda is who I would be interviewing

msstate7
01-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Ohio st hired mattison

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-hires-greg-mattison-from-michigan-replaces-greg-schiano-as-defensive-coordinator/ (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-hires-greg-mattison-from-michigan-replaces-greg-schiano-as-defensive-coordinator/amp/)

Really Clark?
01-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Ohio st hired mattison

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ohio-state-hires-greg-mattison-from-michigan-replaces-greg-schiano-as-defensive-coordinator/amp/

Co-DC with Hafley from the 49er’s

Pit Bull
01-07-2019, 11:59 PM

Something tells me we are about to have whole new staff and a big big change in our commit list. I thought we would only lose about 3 players.....probably more like 6 with Moore gone now. I didn't expect him AT ALL.

Spiderman
01-08-2019, 12:33 AM

He's waiting on ND or the like to open

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Damn usually we wait until the OM rats at football scoop start the rumors. guess they don't care anymore since Mullen is gone and Moorhead hasn't been here long enough.

Pay shoop what he's worth as a top 5 DC and be done with it. if he wants to be a HC, then go hire the next best thing and make him a top 10 paid DC in college football.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Bo loves this time of the year. It's either the MSU HC or DC is leaving.

Well for the last couple of years hasn't that been the case or at least the DC has left and the HC has tried to get out?

All he stated was that Shoop wants an HC job (which is true) and that he would take a pay cut to do it (no clue if true). Prepare for the worst, hope for the best....MSU style.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Damn usually we wait until the OM rats at football scoop start the rumors. guess they don't care anymore since Mullen is gone and Moorhead hasn't been here long enough.

Pay shoop what he's worth as a top 5 DC and be done with it. if he wants to be a HC, then go hire the next best thing and make him a top 10 paid DC in college football.

What makes you think we will do that and pony up the money? It feels like Cohen is trying to moneyball this athletic department.

Political Hack
01-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Mississippi State defensive players have made a lot of coaches a lot of money over the years.....Launched Collins career, Launched and Saved Diaz's, Solidified Grantham's, and returned Shoop to "elite" status....heck even guys like David Turner got pay raises twice at different schools. It is almost the exact opposite to the offensive side of the ball where Hudspeth is the only coach I can recall moving "up." And Johnson who left to be an OC is right back to being a QB coach.

Nailed it.

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Well for the last couple of years hasn't that been the case or at least the DC has left and the HC has tried to get out?

All he stated was that Shoop wants an HC job (which is true) and that he would take a pay cut to do it (no clue if true). Prepare for the worst, hope for the best....MSU style.

Take a paycut to get it? This is where you know Bo is FOS. Shoop is listed on the USA Today pay tracker as making $400k a year. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

The lowest paid FBS HC in the country makes $390k (UL-Monroe). So to get paid less, Shoop would have to take an FCS job. No way the guy is doing that.
Does Shoop deserve a big bump in pay? Damn right. And if we don't then I could see him leaving.
Does Bo know what he is talking about? Based on this "paycut" comment, he knows jack.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Shoop makes $1.2M +. Not $400K.

Johnson85
01-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Take a paycut to get it? This is where you know Bo is FOS. Shoop is listed on the USA Today pay tracker as making $400k a year. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

The lowest paid FBS HC in the country makes $390k (UL-Monroe). So to get paid less, Shoop would have to take an FCS job. No way the guy is doing that.
Does Shoop deserve a big bump in pay? Damn right. And if we don't then I could see him leaving.
Does Bo know what he is talking about? Based on this "paycut" comment, he knows jack.

I'm guessing we are getting Schoop on the cheap b/c UT is still paying him. Unless he just took that b/c he knew we were loaded with talent.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2019, 11:51 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8ea126277523bfdaa3d9d40ba5e1a480/tenor.gif?itemid=4574771

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2019, 11:53 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8ea126277523bfdaa3d9d40ba5e1a480/tenor.gif?itemid=4574771

Guess that fits in the moneyball range eh?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Guess that fits in the moneyball range eh?

Touche...where does that rank in the SEC?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-08-2019, 12:17 PM
MSU’s Football Coaching Staff (HC and Asst) payroll is last in SEC (excluding Vandy-Private schools don’t have to report pay)

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Dang it! Your try to use reputable sources and it bites you in the ass.

USA Today needs to get their shit together.***

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2019, 12:25 PM
MSU’s Football Coaching Staff (HC and Asst) payroll is last in SEC (excluding Vandy-Private schools don’t have to report pay)

Apparently we only report school based pay and not Foundation money. Cause if Shoop is at $1.2, he's making the bulk of the pool money listed by USA Today.

Cooterpoot
01-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Yep. And I suspect he'll go up to $1.5 if I had to guess.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Dang it! Your try to use reputable sources and it bites you in the ass.

USA Today needs to get their shit together.***

This is according to Brett Hudson a few weeks ago ....Getsy is actually the highest paid asst, Shoop 2nd.

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2019, 01:35 PM
This is according to Brett Hudson a few weeks ago ....Getsy is actually the highest paid asst, Shoop 2nd.

USA Today has Getsy at $600k - so I'm wondering if he is at $1.4m? That seems like a lot for what we got on O this season.

msstate7
01-08-2019, 01:38 PM
USA Today has Getsy at $600k - so I'm wondering if he is at $1.4m? That seems like a lot for what we got on O this season.

And WR particularly. I want a refund

Homedawg
01-08-2019, 02:20 PM
I'm guessing we are getting Schoop on the cheap b/c UT is still paying him. Unless he just took that b/c he knew we were loaded with talent.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

louisvilledawg
01-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Hearing Huff to Bama?

fader2103
01-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Pannunzio retiring? I couldn't imagine him being asked to leave.