PDA

View Full Version : I am calling it now- Saints vs Cowboys in the NFC Championship game

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2019, 07:54 PM
H

msstate7
01-06-2019, 07:55 PM
I think it's very possible. The rams haven't been the same since kupp got injured

MetEdDawg
01-06-2019, 07:58 PM
They've got a young team too. Young team with a lot of the stars of that team having to do a bye week for the first time. They go up against a more veteran team that is good in the trenches.

Cowboys have the OL to somewhat neutralize Donald. I think the Cowboys have the defense to stop the Rams too. Should be a very good game.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Rams vs Eagles. Because that’s how my football year has been.

Pit Bull
01-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Nick Foles must be anointed by God. What a damn game!! Cody Parkey may have to start looking for a new job. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Eagles beat the Saints. If Yazoo City's Fletcher Cox falls on Brees, it will probably kill Drew.

msstate7
01-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Opening lines:
Rams -7
Pats -4
KC -5.5
Saints -8

msstate7
01-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Saw this on saints' board...

Trubisky threw for 300 on eagles

https://i.postimg.cc/kgDWSHZ1/C3-A2-FFC3-7035-497-A-B6-D3-A2935-D5-D1254.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Haha

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2019, 09:00 PM
They've got a young team too. Young team with a lot of the stars of that team having to do a bye week for the first time. They go up against a more veteran team that is good in the trenches.

Cowboys have the OL to somewhat neutralize Donald. I think the Cowboys have the defense to stop the Rams too. Should be a very good game.

Cowboys are the youngest team still in the playoffs. The Rams aren't far behind.

Amari Cooper, who's considered a veteran, is younger than Dak Prescott. Leighton Vander Esch has supplanted Sean Lee at Linebacker. The Cowboys haven't had too much rest this postseason. However, with their youth playing every week does have its advantages.

I like that Prescott played the full game against the Giants. He needed a challenging game like that to go into the playoffs, and the Giants have played much better late in the year.

The Rams have a lot of explosive firepower, but I think they're also a bit soft. Other teams have started to figure them out and I don't think they got that extra gear needed in the playoffs to compensate for that. While everybody who's ever read a 1980's playbook has figured out the Cowboys, they're tough now and won't be an easy out.

KOdawg1
01-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Cowboys are the youngest team still in the playoffs. The Rams aren't far behind.

Amari Cooper, who's considered a veteran, is younger than Dak Prescott. Leighton Vander Esch has supplanted Sean Lee at Linebacker. The Cowboys haven't had too much rest this postseason. However, with their youth playing every week does have its advantages.

I like that Prescott played the full game against the Giants. He needed a challenging game like that to go into the playoffs, and the Giants have played much better late in the year.

The Rams have a lot of explosive firepower, but I think they're also a bit soft. Other teams have started to figure them out and I don't think they got that extra gear needed in the playoffs to compensate for that. While everybody who's ever read a 1980's playbook has figured out the Cowboys, they're tough now and won't be an easy out.

Plus, going to LA doesn't scare me. The Superdome would be another story

Mutt the Hoople
01-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Plus, going to LA doesn't scare me. The Superdome would be another story

I heard that half the crowd will probably be Cowboy fans.

msstate7
01-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Cowboys are 2-6 on road this season. They only beat 1 team on the road with a winning record, eagles. This may be reason to be concerned. That's pretty ugly. Rams are 7-1 at home with 5 of those teams having a winning record (4-1 in those games); 4 of the 8 home games were vs playoff teams with a 3-1 record... 3 of those teams are still alive in the playoffs

ETA... cowboys actually 3-5 on road

Cowbell
01-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Cowboys are 2-6 on road this season. They only beat 1 team on the road with a winning record, eagles. This may be reason to be concerned. That's pretty ugly. Rams are 7-1 at home with 5 of those teams having a winning record (4-1 in those games); 4 of the 8 home games were vs playoff teams with a 3-1 record... 3 of those teams are still alive in the playoffs

Well most of those losses came before they found their new identity. Their whole season stats are really irrelevant at this point.