PDA

View Full Version : Guess Big T needed a break...

maroonmania
01-06-2019, 05:22 PM
picks up 2nd foul in the first Q against KY about 22 feet from the basket.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2019, 05:28 PM
26-11 after one. Both teams with 7 fouls each so over a foul a minute being called.

maroonmania
01-06-2019, 05:39 PM
31-20 now but every other possession for us is a turnover.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2019, 05:53 PM
41-27 at halftime

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Big T getting a little attitude problem last 3-4 games

Mjoelner34
01-06-2019, 06:18 PM
And now her 4th foul 20ft. from the basket. She should never be further than 6 feet from the bucket.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Bibby may need to lay off the 3's. 0-6 today and been missing a bunch lately.

chef dixon
01-06-2019, 06:44 PM
We are damn good

mparkerfd20
01-06-2019, 07:06 PM
We are good, not great. Still turn it over way too much. Top 10 sure and may run SEC table but we aren't Top 4....yet.

99jc
01-06-2019, 07:09 PM
We are good, not great. Still turn it over way too much. Top 10 sure and may run SEC table but we aren't Top 4....yet.

Big T is playing really lazy. If she played with Anriel s passion she'd score 50 points a game.

dawgoneyall
01-06-2019, 07:11 PM
The officials make it difficult to watch women's basketball.

maroonmania
01-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Big T is playing really lazy. If she played with Anriel s passion she'd score 50 points a game.

Something is just not right with her at the moment. Big T is just not playing with the energy she did last year. Its like she is in slow motion.

99jc
01-06-2019, 07:12 PM
The officials make it difficult to watch women's basketball.

The one guy made me want to punch him in the throat.

Coursesuper
01-06-2019, 07:14 PM
That officiating crew isn't good enough to work an Upward game much less any games in the SEC. The state of officiating in the ladies games in the SEC is embarrassingly bad.

maroonmania
01-06-2019, 07:23 PM
And now her 4th foul 20ft. from the basket. She should never be further than 6 feet from the bucket.

Is it that hard to teach her to quit swiping at the ball when an opposing player comes across a screen out there at the top of the key? I've seen her get MANY fouls out there doing that and there is nothing to be gained. Don''t think I've ever seen her actually knock the ball loose. That would be VERY simple to fix and would keep her in the game for WAY more minutes if she would stop that.

MedDawg
01-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Something is just not right with her at the moment. Big T is just not playing with the energy she did last year. Its like she is in slow motion.

Seems she started out the season ok, but has slowed since Oregon or maybe Marquette.

RocketDawg
01-06-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm just now watching the game ... I was tied up when it was live. There have been some really strange calls in so far, and I'm still in the first quarter. Bibby traveling, foul on McGowan, etc. Saw about 5 minutes of an NBA game yesterday and one guy came in for a layup and took at least 3 steps ... no travel called. Bibby did what look to me like a normal start, got called.

RocketDawg
01-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Seems she started out the season ok, but has slowed since Oregon or maybe Marquette.

To me, she always runs like she has blisters on her feet, but I've decided it's just because she's so tall.

Bdawg
01-06-2019, 11:10 PM
That officiating crew isn't good enough to work an Upward game much less any games in the SEC. The state of officiating in the ladies games in the SEC is embarrassingly bad.

Hell, the state of officiating anywhere in the league seems embarrassingly bad.

Lord McBuckethead
01-06-2019, 11:26 PM
It really cannot be that hard to call a game straight up. But apparently a person over 6-5 cannot take a half step before putting the ball on the floor unless they play for UNC or Duke.

Dawg2003
01-06-2019, 11:55 PM

I think she either hasn't figured out how to play with Howard or is uncomfortable being shown up by Howard. Let's face it. Howard is the better player right now. Something I have noticed is that Teira hasn't found her place with this team. It seems like the other 4 gel, and she doesn't quite gel with them all the time. Last year, she was a compliment to the other 4.

whosyourdawgy
01-07-2019, 01:05 AM
The only thing wrong with Tierra is every team is going to make her play D on the high pick and roll until Vic does something about it. She has no business being 20 feet away from the basket playing defense. It is frustrating her and she’s getting cheap fouls called on her. When an opposing team does the high screen and roll we should switch T with either Bibby or Howard and let T stay in the lane. Whoever the opposing team has that can’t shoot outside, that’s who T shout guard when they try it. Oregon wore her down doing that and those girls could fill it up. Stop playing their game and make them beat us with our big in the paint where she’s supposed to be

BrunswickDawg
01-07-2019, 08:20 AM
The only thing wrong with Tierra is every team is going to make her play D on the high pick and roll until Vic does something about it. She has no business being 20 feet away from the basket playing defense. It is frustrating her and she’s getting cheap fouls called on her. When an opposing team does the high screen and roll we should switch T with either Bibby or Howard and let T stay in the lane. Whoever the opposing team has that can’t shoot outside, that’s who T shout guard when they try it. Oregon wore her down doing that and those girls could fill it up. Stop playing their game and make them beat us with our big in the paint where she’s supposed to be

I think you could add to it that she doesn't seem to get the same calls that she knows other players of her caliber get. She watched A'ja Wilson at USC get away with murder every time we played them, and I think it frustrates her when she gets called for lesser fouls. I know it would piss me off.

louisvilledawg
01-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Was at the game yesterday. She does seem very frustrated at times. She also seems lazy at times too and lacks focus. She missed a layup yesterday where no one was within 10 feet of her.

We will go as Howard goes. Wish we had 3 of her because her energy is unreal.

tcdog70
01-07-2019, 11:54 AM
you know a zone would solve that problem--could run it occasionally.

JoseBrown
01-07-2019, 02:26 PM
you know a zone would solve that problem--could run it occasionally.

We don't do shit like that at MState.*** I stopped wondering why, and finally accepted it won't happen, boys or girls..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Big T getting a little attitude problem last 3-4 games

She has consistently had an attitude problem. At OM game in Oxford last year, she evidently didn't have the type of game she wanted and I watched her roll her eyes and frown the whole time little kids were asking her for photos and autographs.