PDA

View Full Version : We're playing in a baseball tournament at the Rangers new stadium

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 03:14 PM
In 2021. It's us, Ole Miss, and Arkansas playing teams from Texas including Texas and TCU and one other Texas team.

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Cool!

Pit Bull
01-05-2019, 03:41 PM
Rangers need a new baseball stadium? The one they have is FABULOUS!! One of my favorites in all of baseball. Easy to get to. Near Six Flags. Plenty of open spacious parking. When you walk into any entrance you can see the field. I guess cities like Arlington and Atlanta are flush with unused taxpayer's money. They probably need to start planning on building the Cowboys a new stadium in the near future too if this is the mindset.

Mutt the Hoople
01-05-2019, 04:15 PM
The one they have now, traps all the heat during the summer. They decided to build a new ballpark with a retractable roof across the street.

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Rangers need a new baseball stadium? The one they have is FABULOUS!! One of my favorites in all of baseball. Easy to get to. Near Six Flags. Plenty of open spacious parking. When you walk into any entrance you can see the field. I guess cities like Arlington and Atlanta are flush with unused taxpayer's money. They probably need to start planning on building the Cowboys a new stadium in the near future too if this is the mindset.

It is about 100 yards from the old one.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 04:46 PM
So basically a cooler (weather wise) version of what they currently have.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM

The stadium is an oven in the Summer. A retractable roof stadium is truly needed.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 04:52 PM
https://www.wfaa.com/img/resize/content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/08/03/rangers_1470227162486_4455607_ver1.0.jpg?mode=pad&bgcolor=000000&scale=both&width=750&height=422
https://assets.dmagstatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Globe_Life_Field_Aerial-677x451.jpg

Pedrioa is King
01-05-2019, 06:29 PM
And OM will go 0-3. This is way above them. They should replace them w LSU. Now that would be great.

Saltydog
01-05-2019, 06:42 PM
in two years, anymore than we know ours. Plus, to act like they haven't fielded a very competitive program over the last 20 years is stupid.

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Their going to be pretty good this year. Their returning mostly all their everyday players and 3 pretty decent pitchers from the SEC tourney champs in 2018.

Pedrioa is King
01-05-2019, 08:21 PM
You guys don’t keep up w them then. They won’t be very good this year and are on the way down. They won’t compete very well in 2021.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-05-2019, 09:00 PM
The stadium is an oven in the Summer. A retractable roof stadium is truly needed.

Agreed. But Texas had a hot climate when the existing stadium was built. It shouldn't have shocked anyone.

The Federalist Engineer
01-05-2019, 09:03 PM
This is a mini CWS. Great to be there...I wish OM were not included

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 09:13 PM
You guys don’t keep up w them then. They won’t be very good this year and are on the way down. They won’t compete very well in 2021.

No you don't know what your talking about,
OM is ranked (pre-season):
BB Insider 4th
Collegiate BB 11th
BB America 15th
D1 BB 15th

Pedrioa is King
01-05-2019, 09:49 PM
Dude please.
I understand preseason Polls. NO WAY does OM have the talent of starting pitchers after losing all 3 starters from last year.

They are not elite team especially in 2021. Texas, TCU, TT, Arkansas and us (all signs point towards us really being better in 2021. OM was lucky to have all those Oxford area guys who are now juniors. I don’t think their recruiting is like ours from here to 2021. They are on the way down my ole miss friend.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 10:00 PM
Ole Miss will be good this year. But we will be better.

Not worried about them one way or the other.

Pretty excited about this tournament even if Ole Miss is there.

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Dude please.
I understand preseason Polls. NO WAY does OM have the talent of starting pitchers after losing all 3 starters from last year.

They are not elite team especially in 2021. Texas, TCU, TT, Arkansas and us (all signs point towards us really being better in 2021. OM was lucky to have all those Oxford area guys who are now juniors. I don’t think their recruiting is like ours from here to 2021. They are on the way down my ole miss friend.

This is a pretty decent rotation:
Ryan Rolison
Dallas Woolfolk
Brady Feigl
Closer Parker Caracci

And I am not your friend and I have 2 degrees from MSU. Actually when you post I smell fish shit.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 11:14 PM
Ryan Rolison
Dallas Woolfolk
Brady Feigl
Closer Parker Caracci

And I am not your friend and I have 2 degrees from MSU. Actually when you post I smell fish shit.

Rolison, Woolfolk, and Feigl are all gone. Rolison plays for the Rockies, Woolfolk had some off the field issues and left the team, and Feigl is a Blue Jay. Caracci is still there though.

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 11:18 PM
My bad Todd I must have read an old article, that had all those guys coming back. Thanks for the correction.

The Federalist Engineer
01-06-2019, 12:15 AM
Ryan Rolison
Dallas Woolfolk
Brady Feigl
Closer Parker Caracci

Literally none of those guys are on their team. But they recruit so well they will have talent to roll out, with less experience but probably talented. They even have a 2nd rounder that did not sign with MLB. With Bianco, they are basically here to stay.

Pit Bull
01-06-2019, 12:43 AM
The one they have now, traps all the heat during the summer. They decided to build a new ballpark with a retractable roof across the street.

It was a bit brutal when we went years ago after a SixFlags jaunt. But, I just thought all baseball stadiums were the same way in the summer. That was sort of our family vacation area and my kids loved it. I remember when Sammy Sosa struck out 3 times for the Orioles.....signs came out...."Sammy, Get Back on the Roids!!"

Todd4State
01-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Literally none of those guys are on their team. But they recruit so well they will have talent to roll out, with less experience but probably talented. They even have a 2nd rounder that did not sign with MLB. With Bianco, they are basically here to stay.

He admitted it was a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of their guys on their #1 recruiting ranking team come back for their senior year though. I thought our freshmen last year as a group were better than their guys as freshmen. Rolison to me was the best out of their group and he's gone.

Teams that play as many freshmen as we did last year typically don't make it to Omaha and make noise.

Pit Bull
01-06-2019, 08:26 PM
This all sounds good. I will plan to go. I went to the Shriners Classic last year at Minute Maid Park in Houston. Had a lot of fun and it was a very nice venue with a sliding roof too. MSU had more fans there than even hometown Houston Cougars. Next best fan support after us was Sam Houston. Vandy, Kentucky, and MSU were the SEC representatives. Vandy went 0-3 and we went 3-0......then Vandy later on swept us in Vegas to start our season off on a bad foot. Crazy how that round ball bounces!

Todd4State
01-06-2019, 09:37 PM
This all sounds good. I will plan to go. I went to the Shriners Classic last year at Minute Maid Park in Houston. Had a lot of fun and it was a very nice venue with a sliding roof too. MSU had more fans there than even hometown Houston Cougars. Next best fan support after us was Sam Houston. Vandy, Kentucky, and MSU were the SEC representatives. Vandy went 0-3 and we went 3-0......then Vandy later on swept us in Vegas to start our season off on a bad foot. Crazy how that round ball bounces!

We beat Vandy when it counted though. I was there too and I thought that ULL represented themselves well.