PDA

View Full Version : Mixon transfering

Dawgfan77
01-05-2019, 12:44 PM
That?s what the rumor is

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Damn shame. Our offense was trash and that kid is a playmaker, but yet we don't involve him at all? If he doesn't have off the field issues, this pisses me off because there's no reason for Joe not to make this guy a part of the offense

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Mixon could never practice or stay on field because he was always injured...

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Mixon could never practice or stay on field because he was always injured...

If it's just injury based, why transfer? Surely we aren't pushing him to transfer, considering our passing game can use all the help we can get

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 01:08 PM
He hasn't been the same player since the injuries & the injuries haven't allowed him to practice.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
If it's just injury based, why transfer? Surely we aren't pushing him to transfer, considering our passing game can use all the help we can get

I would've freaked out before he started getting injured, but it's just not a big loss

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
I would've freaked out before he started getting injured, but it's just not a big loss

Any receiver that can catch is a big loss for us. Get him healthy and play him.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 01:11 PM

Exactly. Not like we bringing in tons of receiving threats

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Ok, if you guys are going to make a mountain out of nothing then I'm out on this thread.

Best of luck to Mixon.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Exactly. Not like we bringing in tons of receiving threats

Yep. Our locals will act like we're pushing him away due to injuries...but I bet he's leaving bc he wasn't involved and should have been. We have no receivers that can catch, and we're not bringing in many receivers....it is not a good thing to lose a proven good receiver. Anyone saying otherwise has a memory shorter than 4 days

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Ok, if you guys are going to make a mountain out of nothing then I'm out on this thread.

Best of luck to Mixon.

Not a mountain. I'm not surprised. Hell I'd transfer too if I were him...I'm a proven WR that gets no PT on an offense in desperate need of playmakers at WR. Bye

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Yep. Our locals will act like we're pushing him away due to injuries...but I bet he's leaving bc he wasn't involved and should have been. We have no receivers that can catch, and we're not bringing in many receivers....it is not a good thing to lose a proven good receiver. Anyone saying otherwise has a memory shorter than 4 days

I don't think anyone is pushing him away, but he shouldn't have been involved more. He's been injured for the past two years & fell behind at practice & in the offense because of that.

I'm sure he's not transferring because he thought he was going to play much next year.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Not a mountain. I'm not surprised. Hell I'd transfer too if I were him...I'm a proven WR that gets no PT on an offense in desperate need of playmakers at WR. Bye

He was proven before the injuries. He hasn't done anything since.

I really like Mixon & thought he'd be a break out player for us the past two year, but he can't stay healthy. At this point, it's just not a loss unless you're just holding onto hope that with enough bodies someone will step up.

There are times to be critical of Moorhead, & he's certainly deserved a ton of it, but this is a stupid time to do so. It just bitching to bitch & lowers the credibility of real complaints

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:20 PM
He was proven before the injuries. He hasn't done anything since.

I really like Mixon & thought he'd be a break out player for us the past two year, but he can't stay healthy. At this point, it's just not a loss unless you're just holding onto hope that with enough bodies someone will step up.

There are times to be critical of Moorhead, & he's certainly deserved a ton of it, but this is a stupid time to do so. It just bitching to bitch & lowers the credibility of real complaints

You're speculating that it's all about injury, but you don't know that. I thought you were leaving the thread

msstate7
01-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Mixon caught balls in ark and OM games.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2019, 01:22 PM
In 3 years he’s had 47 Receptions and 5 TD’s... his best season was Freshman year...

Saltydog
01-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Thomas and Dear but neither of those guys are as explosive as Mixon, IMO.....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-05-2019, 01:23 PM
And he won't be the last

Cooterpoot
01-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Y’all acting likely he was a stud. He’s no different than the rest of our WRs. Just depth.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 01:25 PM
And he won't be the last

Any predictions?

Cooterpoot
01-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Going to be at least 2-4 others leaving. Couple could be after spring though.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Y’all acting likely he was a stud. He’s no different than the rest of our WRs. Just depth.

He caught the ball...so yes, he was different

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:27 PM
And he won't be the last

Great. Joe Mo Shit Show

Dawg61
01-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Best of luck to Mixon.

Says the Queen of making mountains

msstate7
01-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Last season vs sec, he had 12 catches 191 yards (15.92 per catch). Mixon isn't a great player, but he could be a good player. When you lack explosive players, it's always better to keep one that's proven he can make a play. Again, who we replacing him with?

msu15
01-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Great. Joe Mo Shit Show

Good lord

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Great. Joe Mo Shit Show

Until Joe Mo loses to South Alabama and 3 out of 4 to Ole Miss, I wouldn?t call it a shit show. Mullen had his share of transfers too.

CadaverDawg
Says the Queen of making mountains

Ha exactly

CadaverDawg
Until Joe Mo loses to South Alabama and 3 out of 4 to Ole Miss, I wouldn’t call it a shit show.

Taking this years team to 5 losses was already a shit show

msugolf
01-05-2019, 01:35 PM

I mean who wouldn?t want to play in the slowest offense in the SEC that only runs 3 plays

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Last season vs sec, he had 12 catches 191 yards (15.92 per catch). Mixon isn't a great player, but he could be a good player. When you lack explosive players, it's always better to keep one that's proven he can make a play. Again, who we replacing him with?

I agree completely

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:37 PM
I mean who wouldn?t want to play in the slowest offense in the SEC that only runs 3 plays

Can't believe the 5 stars aren't lining up

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Good lord

Sorry, he really pissed me off this year, and now to see guys that should be big contributors transferring is only making it worse. Joe has not done 1 damn thing since hired that has impressed me...except hiring Shoop which is the only reason we didn't win 6 games this year. And let's be honest, our D was going to make any DC look good this year, so Joe has done nothing.

Tripp McNeely
01-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Sorry, he really pissed me off this year, and now to see guys that should be big contributors transferring is only making it worse. Joe has not done 1 damn thing since hired that has impressed me...except hiring Shoop which is the only reason we didn't win 6 games this year. And let's be honest, our D was going to make any DC look good this year, so Joe has done nothing.

Why are you sure it’s guys that could be big contributors or assume that it’s guys that we really want to keep?

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Can't believe the 5 stars aren't lining up

Considering he?s running circles right now around Mullen in recruiting, I?d say he?s doing pretty good. Maybe he?s tired of having four to five 5?7, 175 WRs in his office...

Oh an I believe he already has a 4* WR committed for next year, a former 4* UA All-American Juco, and about to add another 4* Juco WR, possibly two, for next year?s class. And as far as this year, we?re still in the running for two more 4* WR?s..

Bothrops
01-05-2019, 02:06 PM
We have Deddrick Thomas, who has same if not more capability. Just need a passer to throw to him.

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Flipping Charles Cross, getting Schrader, etc doesn?t impress you? Hell I saw a lot of pass plays this year we had guys open just didn?t have a QB who could read a defense or get it to them..

chef dixon
01-05-2019, 02:30 PM

What he said

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Considering he?s running circles right now around Mullen in recruiting, I?d say he?s doing pretty good. Maybe he?s tired of having four to five 5?7, 175 WRs in his office...

Oh an I believe he already has a 4* WR committed for next year, a former 4* UA All-American Juco, and about to add another 4* Juco WR, possibly two, for next year?s class. And as far as this year, we?re still in the running for two more 4* WR?s..

How are we running circles in recruiting over Florida? They have twice as many 4 stars and ranked higher. Disagree with that assessment

Bothrops
01-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Hopefully Moorhead has learned a lot about the land of giants division, the cheating, the favoritism by the officials, the media disregard, and the hatred. This job is tougher than it used to be, and folks don't really know how tough until they've been here a season or two.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Running circles around Florida? Hahahaha

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Why are you sure it’s guys that could be big contributors or assume that it’s guys that we really want to keep?

Did you watch our WR's this year? Why wouldn't we want to keep one that can catch?

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 02:55 PM
A lot of melt over a player that wouldn't have started next year unless you are counting kick returner.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 02:59 PM
A lot of melt over a player that wouldn't have started next year unless you are counting kick returner.

No melt, just discussion. I'm not worried about Mixon, I'm worried about our program

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2019, 03:02 PM
No melt, just discussion. I'm not worried about Mixon, I'm worried about our program

No. It's a complete melt by you because you're mad of JoMo for other things.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 03:08 PM
How are we running circles in recruiting over Florida? They have twice as many 4 stars and ranked higher. Disagree with that assessment

Wait, so now JoMo's recruiting has to be compared against Mullen at FL and not Mullen at MSU? Who cares about FL, the only way to compare apples to apples is what Mullen did here versus what Moorhead is now doing here.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Why does losing a back up slot receiver/scatback/KR guy make you worry about our program? Deddrick is a better player and less injury prone. Did you forget his TD catch in the Egg Bowl? And Joe is also going to play Austin Williams a lot in the slot as well. He appears to have a much better rapport with Key than he did with Nick and I think he could take a big step forward. This would hurt us more on returns and even then Mixon is expendable with Dear and Deddrick being able to cover there.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 03:10 PM
No. It's a complete melt by you because you're mad of JoMo for other things.

Ha, you got me. You caught the tater. ****ing Shotgun lol

Dawgfan77
01-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Well looks like couch maybe coming back as well. We will see

msstate7
01-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Well looks like couch maybe coming back as well. We will see

I hope so.

cheewgumm
01-05-2019, 03:32 PM
I?m shocked he didn?t play more this year post injury.

Of course I?m shocked by a lot of this year and player arhat we actually have not getting the ball.

Whatever. Good luck to him .No loss to us as he couldn?t get touches here anyway, so does it really matter?

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Hopefully Moorhead has learned a lot about the land of giants division, the cheating, the favoritism by the officials, the media disregard, and the hatred. This job is tougher than it used to be, and folks don't really know how tough until they've been here a season or two.

We got a lot of hype from the media pre-season. The disregard began after the losses started. Agree on tough division always and worse officiating in the nation in SEC. Hatred, please elaborate, unless you mean everyone else in the nation hates all SEC teams due to being sick of bama and all things SEC.

Bothrops
01-05-2019, 03:37 PM
We got a lot of hype from the media pre-season. The disregard began after the losses started. Agree on tough division always and worse officiating in the nation in SEC. Hatred, please elaborate, unless you mean everyone else in the nation hates all SEC teams due to being sick of bama and all things SEC.

Big picture of things.

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 03:37 PM
I?m shocked he didn?t play more this year post injury.

Of course I?m shocked by a lot of this year and player arhat we actually have not getting the ball.

Whatever. Good luck to him .No loss to us as he couldn?t get touches here anyway, so does it really matter?

Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't we hear that in Jo's system, once the best players were identified at each position, there was very little rotation of others?

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Wait, so now JoMo's recruiting has to be compared against Mullen at FL and not Mullen at MSU? Who cares about FL, the only way to compare apples to apples is what Mullen did here versus what Moorhead is now doing here.

That?s what the poster said. That Moorehead is running circles around Mullen right now. They were not making a MSU only comparison

Pit Bull
01-05-2019, 03:44 PM
And he won't be the last

Correct....I'm hearing several more are gonna leave. Including one or more QBs.

Saltydog
01-05-2019, 03:48 PM
NT

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2019, 03:54 PM
You're speculating that it's all about injury, but you don't know that. I thought you were leaving the thread

Flip side is true, you don't know why either. It doesn't necessarily to be because he wasn't involved in the offense. Your automatic reaction is to blame Moorhead.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Here's a fun game. Someone find me a player like Mixon who's had success in the SEC in the last 5 years. Undersized speed guys don't play in the SEC

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2019, 03:59 PM

So in Shraeder we trust? If we are starting a true freshman I will probably drop my prediction from 7 to 5.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Jackson State gonna be loaded!

msstate7
01-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Here's a fun game. Someone find me a player like Mixon who's had success in the SEC in the last 5 years. Undersized speed guys don't play in the SEC

Christian Kirk

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Christian Kirk

5' 11' 200 pounds. Mixon 5' 8" 185. Next.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Elijah Moore at OM this season

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Flip side is true, you don't know why either. It doesn't necessarily to be because he wasn't involved in the offense. Your automatic reaction is to blame Moorhead.

No, read my first post. I said "If"

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 04:04 PM

Like another site I visit, doesn't count without pictures or in this case names.**

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Elijah Moore at OM this season

36 receptions for 400 yards and 2 TDs. Blowing the breaks off people for sure. Real game changer. There's 700 people in this year's recruiting class that could do that. Next.

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2019, 04:08 PM
No, read my first post. I said "If"

When he was healthy, it seemed like he was out there as much as anyone else besides Guidry and Mitchell. It would be interesting to see the amount of plays of the WRs.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2019, 04:08 PM
Mixon was born with an extra bone in his foot. It has hampered him since it was discovered. Even with it he was one of the fastest players on the team. I don't think surgery left the result they expected.

Moorhead isn't running circles around UF in recruiting, but he and his staff are better than what Mullen had at MSU, esp OL and WR.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 04:12 PM
36 receptions for 400 yards and 2 TDs. Blowing the breaks off people for sure. Real game changer. There's 700 people in this year's recruiting class that could do that. Next.

He finished 22nd in the sec in receptions as a true freshman with aj brown and Metcalf on his team. He finished with more receptions than anyone on our team. Surely you were playing

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Waddle 5’10” 177 true freshman at Bama, Ryan Davis Auburn 2017 5’9” 175, Isiah McKenzie Georgia 2016 5’ 8” 175

Tbonewannabe
01-05-2019, 04:17 PM
He finished 22nd in the sec in receptions as a true freshman with aj brown and Metcalf on his team. He finished with more receptions than anyone on our team. Surely you were playing

UM also ran an up tempo offense that threw the ball about 75% of the time. Not exactly a level field of comparison. I don't disagree that losing Mixon sucks but let's see how it shakes out before burning the place down.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:27 PM
UM also ran an up tempo offense that threw the ball about 75% of the time. Not exactly a level field of comparison. I don't disagree that losing Mixon sucks but let's see how it shakes out before burning the place down.

Two things on Moore:

1) Bio says he's got 2-3 inches on Mixon

2) Moore was a 92 composite on 24/7. Mixon an 86

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Running circles around Florida? Hahahaha

So let me explain...

Moorhead is doing a better job recruiting here then Mullen did. He is getting actual playmakers here unlike Mullen, who recruited every WR we have on campus which happened to be pretty disappointing. It remains to be seen if Moorhead will develop like Mullen, though. However, Mullen would not have gotten Cunningham, Cross not would he have us in the conversation with Mingo, Ealy, and Young right now. Moorhead it seems can evaluate like Mullen so I?ll give the advantage to Moorhead. It?s easier to recruit to Florida because of the name brand, etc. So yes..seeing what this staff is doing recruiting wise versus what Mullen did, I like where we are and our horizon.

On to our WR, Moorhead has one 4* WR committed for next year as well as a former UA All-American 4*..add in the fact we are actively recruiting Heath and Taylor out of Co-Lin, two former 4*?s, he is upgrading the talent at WR and bringing in playmakers. This year, he is still recruiting Mingo (who I?ve been told we have an excellent shot at now), Devonta Lee, and the Kid down in FL, so two 4*?s and a mid to high 3*. What you?ll notice in who he is signing versus Mullen at WR is size. Mullen always had a 5?7-5?9 175 slot guy who he never used like he would tell people (Thomas, Gray, Mixon, Dear). I loved the Mixon signing but he didn?t stay healthy. People always complained when we didn?t process players, but here we are and now here some of you are complaining about us losing an often injured player. I do not get it.

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Waddle 5’10” 177 true freshman at Bama, Ryan Davis Auburn 2017 5’9” 175, Isiah McKenzie Georgia 2016 5’ 8” 175

Those guys are elite..we don?t have an elite WR in the roster. You know that.

Our 4* WR?s over the years: Bump, Morrow, Ross, Jesse Jackson, Whop, Guidry, Reggie Todd.

I would only take Bump and Ross out of that group. Although I?m really excited to see Whop get his chance this year. Mullen?s bet WR though were De?Runnya and Fred Brown (the one playing for the Rams).

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Also is anyone gonna be upset if the right people leave? Sophomores or juniors who aren't breaking the offensive 2 deep or aren't contributing. We've got personnel that can be culled on offense.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 04:34 PM

Our 4* WR?s over the years: Bump, Morrow, Ross, Jesse Jackson, Whop, Guidry, Reggie Todd.

I would only take Bump and Ross out of that group. Although I?m really excited to see Whop get his chance this year. Mullen?s bet WR though were De?Runnya and Fred Brown (the one playing for the Rams).

That’s irrelevant to what the poster stated. His only premise was size. That small WR don’t play and succeed in this league. Your reading comprehension failed

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 04:40 PM

Brandon Holloway.**

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:40 PM

This. Davis was a 92 composite. Waddle a 98. McKenzie a 90. McKenzie had 60 catches for 830 yards IN HIS CAREER at Georgia. But Waddle is still 2 inches taller than Mixon. McKenzie is the true comparable. And his stats show us that guys like him don't success in the SEC

chef dixon
01-05-2019, 04:43 PM
The people mad in this thread just want to be mad at the entire current state of the program, which I don't really think is nearly as bad as most people think

cheewgumm
01-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Chief... our offense was downright anemic against teams with any pulse at all.

In fact I think I heard Hadad day against top 30 defenses we were LAST in the country. Last.

Some of our fans are happy with 7 wins and a bowl, even though going to a bowl is no feat these days. It?s literally easy. You need 6 wins.

We have 4 non conf pansies and Arkansas and Ole Miss.... ta da!!

Success!! I guess.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 04:48 PM
This. Davis was a 92 composite. Waddle a 98. McKenzie a 90. McKenzie had 60 catches for 830 yards IN HIS CAREER at Georgia. But Waddle is still 2 inches taller than Mixon. McKenzie is the true comparable. And his stats show us that guys like him don't success in the SEC

Oh so now that your original post was proven wrong you want to change the criteria. They have to be small and lower ranked. Get out of here with that. If you purpose a question thinking you were right and get proven wrong, take your medicine don’t try to add to it after the fact making it seem you are still right.

McKenzie had 44 for 633 yards and 7 TD’s his junior year and 80 receptions for 1,080 yards for his career not 60. Then went pro and drafted. Yeah he sucked

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 04:53 PM
The people mad in this thread just want to be mad at the entire current state of the program, which I don't really think is nearly as bad as most people think

Correct assessment

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Chief... our offense was downright anemic against teams with any pulse at all.

In fact I think I heard Hadad day against top 30 defenses we were LAST in the country. Last.

Some of our fans are happy with 7 wins and a bowl, even though going to a bowl is no feat these days. It?s literally easy. You need 6 wins.

We have 4 non conf pansies and Arkansas and Ole Miss.... ta da!!

Success!! I guess.

How about 8 wins and a bowl?

We also couldn't score against top 30 defenses with Dan as our coach either. That's what's so amusing to me- we had fans that defended Dan to death for having similar seasons as we did this year. But now all of a sudden that's not good enough from Joe in year one. I'm disappointed that Nick didn't take a step forward this year- but it's not surprising when you think about his personality and the fact that he didn't make a ton of progress between his sophomore and junior years either.

The good news is we are recruiting much better under Joe than we did with Dan- that's what's going to get us to take the next step up from an 8-9 win team to 10 wins. I think we can get there but it's going to take us upping our recruiting a little bit from what Dan did and also having a more balanced offense to go with our usually solid defensive play to do that.

And to be quite honest- I would prefer the season we just had over Dan's 15, 16, and 17 season.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Oh so now that your original post was proven wrong you want to change the criteria. They have to be small and lower ranked. Get out of here with that. If you purpose a question thinking you were right and get proven wrong, take your medicine don’t try to add to it after the fact making it seem you are still right.

McKenzie had 44 for 633 yards and 7 TD’s his junior year and 80 receptions for 1,080 yards for his career not 60. Then went pro and drafted. Yeah he sucked

The fact that there is one player like that did have success actually does prove his point. DOUG FLUTIE! SEE SMALL GUYS CAN PLAY QB!*******

Exceptions are.....well exceptions.

Dawg61
01-05-2019, 04:58 PM

Well if you're hearing it we know it's full of shit then

msstate7
01-05-2019, 04:59 PM

We also couldn't score against top 30 defenses with Dan as our coach either. That's what's so amusing to me- we had fans that defended Dan to death for having similar seasons as we did this year. But now all of a sudden that's not good enough from Joe in year one. I'm disappointed that Nick didn't take a step forward this year- but it's not surprising when you think about his personality and the fact that he didn't make a ton of progress between his sophomore and junior years either.

The good news is we are recruiting much better under Joe than we did with Dan- that's what's going to get us to take the next step up from an 8-9 win team to 10 wins. I think we can get there but it's going to take us upping our recruiting a little bit from what Dan did and also having a more balanced offense to go with our usually solid defensive play to do that.

And to be quite honest- I would prefer the season we just had over Dan's 15, 16, and 17 season.

9 wins
6 wins
9 wins

You'd rather have 8 wins than 9?

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 05:01 PM
The fact that there is one player like that did have success actually does prove his point. DOUG FLUTIE! SEE SMALL GUYS CAN PLAY QB!*******

Exceptions are.....well exceptions.

Except he said that they DONT play in the SEC. That means none and he threw out for posters to find 1 in the last 5 years. So stay out of it if you are going to twist his question. And there are many more, I just stopped after 3 straight recent years. And Davis is a big difference? 1 inch and less weight? Waddle is lighter as well so get out with that

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 05:04 PM
Except he said that they DONT play in the SEC. That means none and he threw out for posters to find 1 in the last 5 years. So stay out of it if you are going to twist his question. And there are many more, I just stopped after 3 straight recent years. And Davis is a big difference? 1 inch and less weight? Waddle is lighter as well so get out with that

Waddle is 5?10...Mixon is 5?7, 5?8.

Small guys do have success but some of these guys listed have elite speed (Waddle, Harvin, the kid at UGA) they?re all 4.4 guys versus our guys who are 4.6?s.

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 05:05 PM
9 wins
6 wins
9 wins

Weren?t you the guy melting this season saying we were only going to win 5 or 6 games? You should be happy right now and consider Moorhead a wizard. How could a guy take a team bound for 5 wins, in your eyes, to 8 wins and NYD bowl??

msstate7
01-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Weren?t you the guy melting this season saying we were only going to win 5 or 6 games? You should be happy right now and consider Moorhead a wizard. How could a guy take a team bound for 5 wins, in your eyes, to 8 wins and NYD bowl??

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?69633-UK-game-thread-brought-to-you-by-meow-mix&p=996361#post996361

There's the thread. Post #347, I said "we ain't winning 9 games." Didn't say anything about 5 or 6. Post #391 was your proposed bet. Post #400 was my response asking "regular season?". You never responded. Like always, you misrepresent what I say.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Waddle is 5?10...Mixon is 5?7, 5?8.

Small guys do have success but some of these guys listed have elite speed (Waddle, Harvin, the kid at UGA) they?re all 4.4 guys versus our guys who are 4.6?s.

Then take it up with the OP poster who said that the SEC doesn’t have small receivers much less succeed. That was his premise. Regardless of recruiting ranking, speed or whatever else you want to add. Mixon is or was faster than 4.6 as well, mid 4.4

BeastMan
01-05-2019, 05:20 PM
We have Deddrick Thomas, who has same if not more capability. Just need a passer to throw to him.

Healthy Mixon is a lot better than DT.

CovertDawg
01-05-2019, 05:24 PM
During all of the television broadcasts, they would mention how Gordan Hayward called Nick Fitzgerald to offer up support because he suffered the same injury last year. Well....Gordan Hayward has been garbage this year compared to his pre-injury self. Point being is that any chance Nick had at taking a big step forward this year went out the window the night of the Egg Bowl in 2017. That injury definitely takes more than 1 calendar year to be 100% on the athletic field. He didn't even look right running the ball until October so not sure why anyone would have expected him to look much better passing the ball (Sunbelt level talent at WR doesn't help either). One thing I will be watching carefully next year in evaluating Moorhead is how he develops and utilizes the Tight Ends, Cumbest and Spivey in particular. Both of those guys are "toolsy" and should be very good SEC football players if coached properly.

cheewgumm
01-05-2019, 05:31 PM

The reason it?s not acceptable is because is the talent we have this year.

I?m anxious to see how Moorhead does moving forward with less talent.

Though in all honesty 6 wins ANY year should be the fooor. 4 non conf gimmes, Kentucky and find one more most years should be a piece of cake.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 05:31 PM
So let me explain...

Moorhead is doing a better job recruiting here then Mullen did. He is getting actual playmakers here unlike Mullen, who recruited every WR we have on campus which happened to be pretty disappointing. It remains to be seen if Moorhead will develop like Mullen, though. However, Mullen would not have gotten Cunningham, Cross not would he have us in the conversation with Mingo, Ealy, and Young right now. Moorhead it seems can evaluate like Mullen so I?ll give the advantage to Moorhead. It?s easier to recruit to Florida because of the name brand, etc. So yes..seeing what this staff is doing recruiting wise versus what Mullen did, I like where we are and our horizon.

On to our WR, Moorhead has one 4* WR committed for next year as well as a former UA All-American 4*..add in the fact we are actively recruiting Heath and Taylor out of Co-Lin, two former 4*?s, he is upgrading the talent at WR and bringing in playmakers. This year, he is still recruiting Mingo (who I?ve been told we have an excellent shot at now), Devonta Lee, and the Kid down in FL, so two 4*?s and a mid to high 3*. What you?ll notice in who he is signing versus Mullen at WR is size. Mullen always had a 5?7-5?9 175 slot guy who he never used like he would tell people (Thomas, Gray, Mixon, Dear). I loved the Mixon signing but he didn?t stay healthy. People always complained when we didn?t process players, but here we are and now here some of you are complaining about us losing an often injured player. I do not get it.

I think most of us knew exactly the comparison you were making. That is, JoMo's MSU recruiting to Merlin's MSU recruiting.

MarketingBully
01-05-2019, 05:34 PM
Why did Mullen recruit so many 5’6-5’8 guys? With a largely erratic QB that is 6’5” as well, seems like a recipe for disaster on the receivers coming up with the ball. Seems you would want big receivers to help Fitz or whoever our QB is out.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 05:39 PM
9 wins
6 wins
9 wins

I absolutely do IF those 9 wins come in the regular season. Bowl games are exhibitions that occur a full month after the normal season is over. Its the regular season that determines the tier of bowl you actually go to which is most important. The CFP is really the only place its critical whether you win or lose. Its certainly nice to win bowl games but its not a huge measuring stick for me. The thing that concerned me about the Outback Bowl was the continued struggles of the offense, not the fact we lost. Mullen only once had more than 8 wins in a regular season during his tenure at MSU but I do believe he would have had more than 8 with our team this year. Our team this year should have been on par or better than our 2014 team.

MarketingBully
01-05-2019, 05:46 PM
During all of the television broadcasts, they would mention how Gordan Hayward called Nick Fitzgerald to offer up support because he suffered the same injury last year. Well....Gordan Hayward has been garbage this year compared to his pre-injury self. Point being is that any chance Nick had at taking a big step forward this year went out the window the night of the Egg Bowl in 2017. That injury definitely takes more than 1 calendar year to be 100% on the athletic field. He didn't even look right running the ball until October so not sure why anyone would have expected him to look much better passing the ball (Sunbelt level talent at WR doesn't help either). One thing I will be watching carefully next year in evaluating Moorhead is how he develops and utilizes the Tight Ends, Cumbest and Spivey in particular. Both of those guys are "toolsy" and should be very good SEC football players if coached properly.

With Nick, I think it was more mental then physical. He didn’t run with the same reckless abandon he once had and looked much more to slide then get tackled around his legs. He was most definitely a different runner then in year’s past. The injury screwed him in every way possible as he couldn’t participate in the spring implementation and didn’t even practice with the team until August. Add the suspension in for the first game and he was off on the wrong foot from having the season he could have had had he not had that injury.

RezDog7
01-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Did you watch our WR's this year? Why wouldn't we want to keep one that can catch?

Yep. If he couldn't take playing time away from them then that should tell you something.

RezDog7
01-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Though in all honesty 6 wins ANY year should be the fooor. 4 non conf gimmes, Kentucky and find one more most years should be a piece of cake.

All the talent was on defense. Stop acting like we were Oklahoma on offense and Moorhead screwed its up. Let's see how many offensive players get drafted off this team over the next few years.

MarketingBully
01-05-2019, 05:54 PM
All the talent was on defense. Stop acting like we were Oklahoma on offense and Moorhead screwed its up. Let's see how many offensive players get drafted off this team over the next few years.

All the talent was on defense because all of our bad ass recruiters were on the defensive side of the ball. We had ass recruiters on the offensive side under Mullen. With Huff and Hughes, we now have great recruiters on both sides. I think moving forward we will have more balance in talent on both sides which will be better in the long run.

RezDog7
01-05-2019, 05:57 PM
All the talent was on defense because all of our bad ass recruiters were on the defensive side of the ball. We had ass recruiters on the offensive side under Mullen. With Huff and Hughes, we now have great recruiters on both sides. I think moving forward we will have more balance in talent on both sides which will be better in the long run.

This

RezDog7
01-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Everybody is down on Moorhead because we didn't live up to the expectations; but the truth is Kentucky, Florida and LSU were much better than we thought going into the year. I'm not sure a Mullen coaches team wins those games either.

I also think Moorhead would have made a change at QB if there were anyone on the roster better. That's why next year scares me.

MarketingBully
01-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Everybody is down on Moorhead because we didn't live up to the expectations; but the truth is Kentucky, Florida and LSU were much better than we thought going into the year. I'm not sure a Mullen coaches team wins those games either.

I also think Moorhead would have made a change at QB if there were anyone on the roster better. That's why next year scares me.

It’s hard to bench a fifth year senior who is supposed to be your main leader. I’m not sure KT would have started over Fitz unless he was head and shoulders better. I think KT has made the right reads when he’s been in there. I think what he has to do is put in the work in the offseason and just play pitch and catch with his receivers. I think if he can work on his accuracy and feel comfortable in this offense we will be okay. Our schedule sets up well for our offense to get it going as the first four games go from easy to gradually harder. We should be clicking on offense by the fifth game against Auburn which is what you want.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 06:15 PM

Way to go ahead and build him in an excuse for next year. Poor bastard inherits two 4 Star QBs with great passing stats in their HS careers. Any "Offensive Guru" should have ZERO trouble producing offense with that talent. This ain't Howland inheriting Rick Ray's talent guys...spare us the woe is Joe shit. We brought him in to build off of what we have...not to rebuild and start the Croom "wait til I get my players" garbage. If Joe is worth a shit as an offensive coach, KT should lead us to a really good offense next year....that is if he is playing QB instead of Slot...which wtf was that?? Another example of Joe being unimpressive. If Joe's worries about a QB for next year, maybe work with KT on QB instead of WR...just a thought, but he's the "guru"

Turfdawg67
01-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Great. Joe Mo Shit Show

Your LSU friend who's "in the know" says Joe's in over his head, so now everything shall be negative. We'll be here when Joe gets his guys and his offense is clicking like PSU's did. You and a lot of shitty MSU fans will be eating crow.

As far as Mixon, eh... knew this and said so back on 12/27 when it was announced that wouldn't make the trip to Tampa. No big loss.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 06:26 PM

Congrats. You found 1 1/2 guys like Mixon. All freaking studs right? If you are seriously getting upset over this there is no hope for our fan base. Zero. Because we are too ignorant to understand simple things. Mixon was a risk. But everyone was like oh he's underrated oh he's fast oh he's gonna be like Harvin. Some on here should be ashamed for that. Everyone Mullen for committed under 5'11" was the next Percy Harvin. Unfortunately none of them were ever close to him.

We need to educate ourselves on recruiting more. Mixon didn't do anything for us that was truly game changing. There's 100 other guys that could do it. We need to recruit better at that size period

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Congrats. You found 1 1/2 guys like Mixon. All freaking studs right? If you are seriously getting upset over this there is no hope for our fan base. Zero. Because we are too ignorant to understand simple things. Mixon was a risk. But everyone was like oh he's underrated oh he's fast oh he's gonna be like Harvin. Some on here should be ashamed for that. Everyone Mullen for committed under 5'11" was the next Percy Harvin. Unfortunately none of them were ever close to him.

We need to educate ourselves on recruiting more. Mixon didn't do anything for us that was truly game changing. There's 100 other guys that could do it. We need to recruit better at that size period

Good grief. I just stoppped because you seemed to think there wasn’t 1 within the last 5 years. But I found 3 straight years including this one. And yeah all 3 of those players are very good. McKenzie was drafted but was average? Ryan Davis will be drafted and has a very good career. He had 84 catches as a Junior and another 69 this year, that’s very good.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Good grief. I just stoppped because you seemed to think there wasn’t 1 within the last 5 years. But I found 3 straight years including this one. And yeah all 3 of those players are very good. McKenzie was drafted but was average? Ryan Davis will be drafted and has a very good career. He had 84 catches as a Junior and another 69 this year, that’s very good.

That's fine and great. But to add on to my point, not only are all of those guys you mentioned taller than Mixon (except McKenzie) but all of them were rated out of high school between 90 and 98. That has to make a difference in your mind right? I can amend my previous post to include the fact that only one of those guys compares size wise to Mixon at 5' 8", but that talent should actually matter too

Bothrops
01-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Healthy Mixon is a lot better than DT.

I'm gonna disagree.

MarketingBully
01-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Your LSU friend who's "in the know" says Joe's in over his head, so now everything shall be negative. We'll be here when Joe gets his guys and his offense is clicking like PSU's did. You and a lot of shitty MSU fans will be eating crow.

As far as Mixon, eh... knew this and said so back on 12/27 when it was announced that wouldn't make the trip to Tampa. No big loss.

It’s also rich coming from a fan whose head coach is the Ogre.

msbulldog
01-05-2019, 06:43 PM
I wish Mixon good luck at his next stop.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 07:13 PM
That's fine and great. But to add on to my point, not only are all of those guys you mentioned taller than Mixon (except McKenzie) but all of them were rated out of high school between 90 and 98. That has to make a difference in your mind right? I can amend my previous post to include the fact that only one of those guys compares size wise to Mixon at 5' 8", but that talent should actually matter too

If your original point was that they had to be small and couldn’t be ranked higher than 3 star, if that was your original question, fine. But until it was proven wrong did the rankings come into play. That’s irrelevant. And Davis is 1” taller but smaller in size but that’s a huge difference somehow???

And you really think there is a huge gap between a .8944 ranked player and one rated .8596. Ace Sanders was a small WR and a mid 3 star player I believe as well. Or how bout we start pulling NFL guys for comps or is the NFL too weak of a league? I’m not saying that as a rule you have a ton of small WR, nobody believes that, but that wasn’t your take. “Here's a fun game. Someone find me a player like Mixon who's had success in the SEC in the last 5 years. Undersized speed guys don't play in the SEC”. It was a fun game

Bothrops
01-05-2019, 07:15 PM
I wish Mixon good luck at his next stop.

Definitely.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 07:22 PM
If your original point was that they had to be small and couldn’t be ranked higher than 3 star, if that was your original question, fine. But until it was proven wrong did the rankings come into play. That’s irrelevant. And Davis is 1” taller but smaller in size but that’s a huge difference somehow???

And you really think there is a huge gap between a .8944 ranked player and one rated .8596. Ace Sanders was a small WR and a mid 3 star player I believe as well. Or how bout we start pulling NFL guys for comps or is the NFL too weak of a league? I’m not saying that as a rule you have a ton of small WR, nobody believes that, but that wasn’t your take. “Here's a fun game. Someone find me a player like Mixon who's had success in the SEC in the last 5 years. Undersized speed guys don't play in the SEC”. It was a fun game

The only one that has had success was McKenzie. The rest were menial at best. If you want try and find more you can. Davis has 550 yards receiving this year. That's 42 yards per game. I don't call that success.

So rankings be damned. McKenzie is the only one that we could say and he only had 633 receiving yards his junior year. So if your definition of game changer and success is 500-600 yards receiving then my bad.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 07:26 PM
9 wins
6 wins
9 wins

Absolutely when you look at the details of the last three seasons. An Egg Bowl win this year and a NYD bowl loss is better to me than an Egg Bowl loss and a Belk Bowl win in 15. 2016 goes without saying. More wins an Egg Bowl win, and a NYD bowl loss are better than a season with an Egg Bowl win and a loss to South Alabama and a minor bowl win. Last year is the only one that is debatable but personally I would rather have an Egg bowl win than a NYD bowl win if I had to choose between the two. I would prefer both be wins obviously. Especially if you tell me that the year we only had 8 wins all of our regular season losses would be to teams inside the top 15 and we would have two top 25 wins to go along with the Egg Bowl win.

I didn't twist anything. An exception is still an exception and it doesn't prove your point. Do you think that Mixon is a NFL talent? Do you think he will end up at another SEC school? I'd say both are highly unlikely.

Less talent? We only started two four stars on offense and played three regularly since Aeris didn't start. We're about to bring in two potential five star players in this class alone- Cross and Pickering. Also included are a 4 star QB, at least two 4 star OL including Cross, 3 four star DL, a four star Edge rusher, and a 4 star DB. And that's just what we have committed in this class. I'm not including the possible four star flips we may have like Mingo, Ealy, Young, and Plumlee. And then the 2020 class already has three four star recruits in it- two on the offensive side of the ball.

Why did Mullen recruit so many 5’6-5’8 guys? With a largely erratic QB that is 6’5” as well, seems like a recipe for disaster on the receivers coming up with the ball. Seems you would want big receivers to help Fitz or whoever our QB is out.

Because they are easy to recruit.

I absolutely do IF those 9 wins come in the regular season. Bowl games are exhibitions that occur a full month after the normal season is over. Its the regular season that determines the tier of bowl you actually go to which is most important. The CFP is really the only place its critical whether you win or lose. Its certainly nice to win bowl games but its not a huge measuring stick for me. The thing that concerned me about the Outback Bowl was the continued struggles of the offense, not the fact we lost. Mullen only once had more than 8 wins in a regular season during his tenure at MSU but I do believe he would have had more than 8 with our team this year. Our team this year should have been on par or better than our 2014 team.

THIS^

Exactly. And if Hevesy and Gonzalez are recruiting better for Florida that says a lot about their character or lack thereof.

Way to go ahead and build him in an excuse for next year. Poor bastard inherits two 4 Star QBs with great passing stats in their HS careers. Any "Offensive Guru" should have ZERO trouble producing offense with that talent. This ain't Howland inheriting Rick Ray's talent guys...spare us the woe is Joe shit. We brought him in to build off of what we have...not to rebuild and start the Croom "wait til I get my players" garbage. If Joe is worth a shit as an offensive coach, KT should lead us to a really good offense next year....that is if he is playing QB instead of Slot...which wtf was that?? Another example of Joe being unimpressive. If Joe's worries about a QB for next year, maybe work with KT on QB instead of WR...just a thought, but he's the "guru"

Just like Dan couldn't do anything with Tyler Russell?

CadaverDawg
01-05-2019, 07:31 PM

Ha! I said he echoed my thoughts, not created them. Hope I do eat crow

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 07:33 PM
The only one that has had success was McKenzie. The rest were menial at best. If you want try and find more you can. Davis has 550 yards receiving this year. That's 42 yards per game. I don't call that success.

So renkings be damned. McKenzie is the only one that we could say and he only had 633 receiving yards his junior year.

And he was drafted!! If that Does not add up to being a successful college player, then your idea of success is off. And Davis also had 84 receptions last year for 815 yards. Lead the league in receptions last year and 7th in yards. That’s very successful in the SEC.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Absolutely when you look at the details of the last three seasons. An Egg Bowl win this year and a NYD bowl loss is better to me than an Egg Bowl loss and a Belk Bowl win in 15. 2016 goes without saying. More wins an Egg Bowl win, and a NYD bowl loss are better than a season with an Egg Bowl win and a loss to South Alabama and a minor bowl win. Last year is the only one that is debatable but personally I would rather have an Egg bowl win than a NYD bowl win if I had to choose between the two. I would prefer both be wins obviously. Especially if you tell me that the year we only had 8 wins all of our regular season losses would be to teams inside the top 15 and we would have two top 25 wins to go along with the Egg Bowl win.

I didn't twist anything. An exception is still an exception and it doesn't prove your point. Do you think that Mixon is a NFL talent? Do you think he will end up at another SEC school? I'd say both are highly unlikely.

Less talent? We only started two four stars on offense and played three regularly since Aeris didn't start. We're about to bring in two potential five star players in this class alone- Cross and Pickering. Also included are a 4 star QB, at least two 4 star OL including Cross, 3 four star DL, a four star Edge rusher, and a 4 star DB. And that's just what we have committed in this class. I'm not including the possible four star flips we may have like Mingo, Ealy, Young, and Plumlee. And then the 2020 class already has three four star recruits in it- two on the offensive side of the ball.

Because they are easy to recruit.

THIS^

Exactly. And if Hevesy and Gonzalez are recruiting better for Florida that says a lot about their character or lack thereof.

Just like Dan couldn't do anything with Tyler Russell?

Yeah you did twist it Todd, like you do. Rankings wasn’t a part of his point and he didn’t say with a few exceptions, he said they DONT play in the SEC. They do and have had success.

At no point did I make any statement about Mixon being successful or an NFL talent or playing elsewhere in the SEC. That’s just more hyperbole you throw out when it has nothing to do with what I posted in any way, shape or form.

Cooterpoot
01-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Bunch of menstrually aching ******s up in here. But it’s the same ones that are miserable no matter what. Mixon wasn’t anything special and no better than what we have. He was injured a lot too. But because he’s gone it’s the end of your world? LOL
Frees up another spot to go get a player.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Yeah you did twist it Todd, like you do. Rankings wasn?t a part of his point and he didn?t say with a few exceptions, he said they DONT play in the SEC. They do and have had success.

At no point did I make any statement about Mixon being successful or an NFL talent or playing elsewhere in the SEC. That?s just more hyperbole you throw out when it has nothing to do with what I posted in any way, shape or form.

Congratulations on finding the ONE guy on 14 teams that was successful. Who also happens to be a NFL talent. That's exactly why we should freak out about losing Mixon and clearly is evidence that Joe is losing control and doesn't know how to run an offense. You really showed him.**

My point is a few posters are freaking out over Mixon like he is a NFL talent like McKenzie and he's simply not. And the reason I brought it up is because that's what this thread was originally about- Mixon leaving the team.

You just happened to find the one exception and as usual decided to hammer that point home to make it look like he was completely wrong when it's apples and oranges because one is a NFL talent and the other isn't. And we can not make a living as a program hoping that we find a bunch of exceptions to the normal rule. Which is what Dan seemed to do quite often in recruiting.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Congratulations on finding the ONE guy on 14 teams that was successful. Who also happens to be a NFL talent. That's exactly why we should freak out about losing Mixon and clearly is evidence that Joe is losing control and doesn't know how to run an offense. You really showed him.**

My point is a few posters are freaking out over Mixon like he is a NFL talent like McKenzie and he's simply not. And the reason I brought it up is because that's what this thread was originally about- Mixon leaving the team.

You just happened to find the one exception and as usual decided to hammer that point home to make it look like he was completely wrong when it's apples and oranges because one is a NFL talent and the other isn't. And we can not make a living as a program hoping that we find a bunch of exceptions to the normal rule. Which is what Dan seemed to do quite often in recruiting.

It?s more than one. I just stopped after a few years. Good try though, I said that before. And Davis, Waddle and McKenzie are all similar size. Actually they are slimmer than Mixon.

I wish Mixon the best but I?m not freaking out over him. Never made that case. His injuries have unfortunately hinder his progress here

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 08:12 PM
It?s more than one. I just stopped after a few years. Good try though, I said that before. And Davis, Waddle and McKenzie are all similar size. Actually they are slimmer than Mixon.

I wish Mixon the best but I?m not freaking out over him. Never made that case. His injuries have unfortunately hinder his progress here

You mean the other two that aren't really comparable to Mixon either? Even if I gave you the other two that's basically what? One player a year on average out of how many?

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 08:18 PM
You mean the other two that aren't really comparable to Mixon either? Even if I gave you the other two that's basically what? One player a year on average out of how many?

The last 3 years, when the OP posted he didn’t think there was one in the last 5. That’s was all I responded to initially but the people wanted to change to add rankings and it has to be identical size (which is ludicrous). That’s what I was answering, period.

BankerDog
01-05-2019, 08:18 PM

You do realize those 4*s were recruited to a different system right? That's like saying Tyler Russell, just because he was a 4* and Mullen was an excellent QB coach he should excel. It sometimes doesn't work that way.

Wasn't there just a thread about how Moorhead wasn't "creative" yet he puts in some tricky during the bowl game and people still complain.

Truth be told, there will be more transfers and look for them to come from the offensive side of the football. Let's just say Moorhead doesn't mind calling people's bluff. There is a reason he has been looking for a grad transfer QB, KT could probably win us 7-8 wins next year; but as evident in this thread that isn't enough for a small group of you. Moorhead is running this team like a CEO, going out and finding people to fill holes in his offense that will make it more efficient. Like O last year going to get Burrow when he realized he didn't have a QB to run his offense, Moorhead looks to be doing the same.

cheewgumm
01-05-2019, 08:57 PM

We had the same players as last year and our offense was FAR worse.

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 09:38 PM

So rankings be damned. McKenzie is the only one that we could say and he only had 633 receiving yards his junior year. So if your definition of game changer and success is 500-600 yards receiving then my bad.

I haven't looked, but how many of our receivers averaged 42 ypg. I would have called that very successful had we gotten it from several players this past year.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 10:04 PM
We had the same players as last year and our offense was FAR worse.

MSU PPG in 2018 28.5 Total offense 397.4

MSU PPG in 2017 32.0 Total offense 418.6

Worse but not that FAR worse to me. Especially when you take into account that we played one more top 15 team than we did in 2017.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 10:07 PM
I haven't looked, but how many of our receivers averaged 42 ypg. I would have called that very successful had we gotten it from several players this past year.

None. The closest were Guidry and Mitchell at 33.8 and 32.8 respectively.

RezDog7
01-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Your mind is made up, so I can't help you.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 10:18 PM

Worse but not that FAR worse to me. Especially when you take into account that we played one more top 15 team than we did in 2017.

Bet it would look a lot worse if you compared our 5 worst offensive games this year to our 5 worst last year. We scorched the bad defenses we played this year enough to make our statistics overall look pretty decent.

Really Clark?
01-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Bet it would look a lot worse if you compared our 5 worst offensive games this year to our 5 worst last year. We scorched the bad defenses we played this year enough to make our statistics overall look pretty decent.

We were 10 points worse (last in the league) vs ranked teams this year compared to last year. We were 7 points worse this year vs conference opponents compared to last year

Gutter Cobreh
01-05-2019, 10:57 PM

This is a correct assumption.

2018 (going off our 4 lowest scoring games):
vs Bama - 169 yards
vs Kentucky - 201 yards
vs Florida - 202 yards
vs LSU - 260 yards

2017 (same criteria):
vs UGA - 280 yards - worst offensive game all year.
Auburn was a blowout, so we probably had the ball quite a bit that game.

I'm a Moorhead fan, but the offense needs to show life each game. I'm not a fan of Fitz (as a QB) because he has never been an accurate thrower; Mullen just did an exceptional job masking that.

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 11:05 PM
This is a correct assumption.

2018 (going off our 4 lowest scoring games):
vs Bama - 169 yards
vs Kentucky - 201 yards
vs Florida - 202 yards
vs LSU - 260 yards

2017 (same criteria):
vs UGA - 280 yards - worst offensive game all year.
Auburn was a blowout, so we probably had the ball quite a bit that game.

I'm a Moorhead fan, but the offense needs to show life each game. I'm not a fan of Fitz (as a QB) because he has never been an accurate thrower; Mullen just did an exceptional job masking that.

So things were better last year under "the coach that thinks he invented football" and this year's new guru.

Todd4State
01-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Sure. But we also put up 24 on Alabama last year.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Sure. But we also put up 24 on Alabama last year.

Last year we only had 1 game that we scored less than 10 points. This year we had 4.

maroonmania
01-05-2019, 11:24 PM
delete

Goldendawg
01-05-2019, 11:44 PM
Last year we only had 1 game that we scored less than 10 points. This year we had 4.

Round pegs being pounded into square holes. Hope next year is a better fit.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2019, 12:01 AM

Why didn't you just end your post after your first sentence ? Why did you have to include this? The one or two you are imagining leaving are more than likely going to be competing for our starting quarterback position.

Tbonewannabe
01-06-2019, 12:03 AM
Why didn't you just end your post after your first sentence ? Why did you have to include this? The one or two you are imagining leaving are more than likely going to be competing for our starting quarterback position.

I believe he is saying we will only have Schrader on scholly.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2019, 12:09 AM
Bunch of menstrually aching ******s up in here. But it’s the same ones that are miserable no matter what. Mixon wasn’t anything special and no better than what we have. He was injured a lot too. But because he’s gone it’s the end of your world? LOL
Frees up another spot to go get a player.

I agree 100% and it gets old quick. If it wasn't negative posting, they wouldn't know what to do. I think some of it is to get attention.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2019, 12:14 AM
I believe he is saying we will only have Schrader on scholly.

I know what he is saying, but why post unsubstantiated rumors (crap) like that.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2019, 12:33 AM

Stop showing up that Shark-in-disguise with facts.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2019, 12:36 AM

See my post above.

cheewgumm
01-06-2019, 12:37 AM
Stop showing up that Shark-in-disguise with facts.

Ha.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2019, 12:38 AM

AJ Brown says hello...

cheewgumm
01-06-2019, 12:38 AM
Also, I?d like a comparison of SEC games...just because we scored 1000 against Stephen F Austin doesn?t make us better.

Todd, what was the SEC only comparison?

cheewgumm
01-06-2019, 12:40 AM

What was it for SEC only games?

Turfdawg67
01-06-2019, 12:41 AM
Ha.

If you're not... you should be. Only come out of your hole to whine.

cheewgumm
01-06-2019, 12:42 AM
Go to hell. I could give a shit what you think.

Turfdawg67
01-06-2019, 12:45 AM
Okay shark...

https://i.postimg.cc/T36XTYVC/IMG-0547.jpg

"Fins up!"

Todd4State
01-06-2019, 12:50 AM
Also, I?d like a comparison of SEC games...just because we scored 1000 against Stephen F Austin doesn?t make us better.

Todd, what was the SEC only comparison?

What was it for SEC only games?

2018 Scoring offense- 19.3 Total offense- 316

2017 Scoring offense- 26.3 Total offense- 385

Less but again- not would I would consider FAR worse. You're talking about essentially one TD less per game and 69 yards less per game with probably a more difficult schedule this year.

There's a reason why the "historical regression" talk stopped during the season. And trying to run down our team because they are blowing out OOC opponents is silly for fans of a program that lost to South Alabama just three seasons ago. Not to mention Dan usually had at least one close OOC game every year during his tenure.

cheewgumm
01-06-2019, 12:52 AM
I bet when Croom was here you were telling everyone he was good. Fans like you are why we end up on last place on the SEC west and have Croom for 6 years.

Sad.

But go ahead and call anyone who says anyting negative a shark. I?m sure it will work it great. Shut everyone up.

Positive vibes.

Here you go... ?Moorhead for coach of the year!!!? Yay. There you go, you?re welcome.

Todd4State
01-06-2019, 01:04 AM
I bet when Croom was here you were telling everyone he was good. Fans like you are why we end up on last place on the SEC west and have Croom for 6 years.

Sad.

But go ahead and call anyone who says anyting negative a shark. I?m sure it will work it great. Shut everyone up.

Positive vibes.

Here you go... ?Moorhead for coach of the year!!!? Yay. There you go, you?re welcome.

Nope. Our problem is our administration typically hangs on to coaches too long. Not our fans fault. You could say the same thing about Dan. I wanted him gone after 2015 because it was obvious to me that he didn't want to be here. We were better to him than he probably deserved. Had we told him to go to Maryland in 2015 which is what I would have done had I been making the call we're in year three of someone else's tenure with probably better recruiting and an offense to match our defensive talent. Our recruiting is what hurt us more than anything this year. With a different coach Nick may have transferred out and we would have possibly gotten one that could read defenses and throw more accurately or Nick may have been developed better. We may have better WR's and not had to start sophomores at OT this year. Who knows? Stricklin talked Keenum into keeping Dan which was a mistake IMO for MSU and we had Dan for two more years one of which was a losing season and the other he abandoned us before the bowl game while neglecting I'd say at least the last two to three games of the year including the Egg Bowl. It is what it is- but to criticize Moorhead for that at the end of year one is not reasonable. All we can do at this point is move forward. I'm encouraged that better recruiting will end up yielding better results in the coming years.

If we're seeing the same issues at the end of year three then it's probably a more fair criticism.

Croom was probably fired appropriately one year after leading us to the Liberty Bowl.

Dawg61
01-06-2019, 01:27 AM
I know what he is saying, but why post unsubstantiated rumors (crap) like that.

Because Pitbull sucks as a poster. Start noticing it if you haven't already.

timotheus
01-06-2019, 08:45 AM
We won't even remember who Mixon was by next season.

dawgday166
01-06-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm not melting over Mixon, although I am disappointed a little. Stuff like this happened a few times under Dan too. Mixon was explosive and a playmaker, but he was always hurt and wasn't dependable. I have been more pissed about starting Kylin over Aeris. Our offense ran better under Aeris IMO and I believe Fitz was more comfortable with Aeris in backfield. Not sure all the reasons for that move, but don't think it was a good one.

But anyone who says our offense "wasn't that much worse" than last year against better Ds is dreaming and trying to twist the story to their "it's all Dan's fault" agenda. We faced not one D this year as good as Ga & AU last year (and we also played both at their place), and that includes this year's Bama D. And KY, FL, LSU, and Iowa ain't in the same ball park as last years Ga & AU Ds.

I"m sticking with Joe tho and waiting to see how he will adapt. I see some positive stuff, but he has to get the offensive stuff figured out, plain and simple. 7, 6, 3, 0, and 22 against KY, FL, LSU, Bama, and Iowa just plain sucks, no matter how you try to spin it.

ETA: And I don't know how Guidry performed in practice but he sure dropped a lot of balls.

dawgoneyall
01-06-2019, 09:38 AM
It?s hard to bench a fifth year senior who is supposed to be your main leader. I?m not sure KT would have started over Fitz unless he was head and shoulders better. I think KT has made the right reads when he?s been in there. I think what he has to do is put in the work in the offseason and just play pitch and catch with his receivers. I think if he can work on his accuracy and feel comfortable in this offense we will be okay. Our schedule sets up well for our offense to get it going as the first four games go from easy to gradually harder. We should be clicking on offense by the fifth game against Auburn which is what you want.

Maybe we can get a play off with 5-6 seconds left on the clock instead 3 seconds. That would be a major improvement.

msstate7
01-06-2019, 09:44 AM
I'm not melting over Mixon, although I am disappointed a little. Stuff like this happened a few times under Dan too. Mixon was explosive and a playmaker, but he was always hurt and wasn't dependable. I have been more pissed about starting Kylin over Aeris. Our offense ran better under Aeris IMO and I believe Fitz was more comfortable with Aeris in backfield. Not sure all the reasons for that move, but don't think it was a good one.

But anyone who says our offense "wasn't that much worse" than last year against better Ds is dreaming and trying to twist the story to their "it's all Dan's fault" agenda. We faced not one D this year as good as Ga & AU last year (and we also played both at their place), and that includes this year's Bama D. And KY, FL, LSU, and Iowa ain't in the same ball park as last years Ga & AU Ds.

I"m sticking with Joe tho and waiting to see how he will adapt. I see some positive stuff, but he has to get the offensive stuff figured out, plain and simple. 7, 6, 3, 0, and 22 against KY, FL, LSU, Bama, and Iowa just plain sucks, no matter how you try to spin it.

ETA: And I don't know how Guidry performed in practice but he sure dropped a lot of balls.

We were bama's, Kentucky's, and Florida's best defensive scoring game. We were LSU's 2nd best... SELA was 1

Cooterpoot
01-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Fact is, we should be processing guys just like AL. But one kid leaves and our fans lose their crap and the CL writes a negative article playing to our stupid ass fans? ridiculous emotions.

msstate7
01-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Fact is, we should be processing guys just like AL. But one kid leaves and our fans lose their crap and the CL writes a negative article playing to our stupid ass fans? ridiculous emotions.

Who we processing him for? Bama processes kids and upgrades the position.

dawgday166
01-06-2019, 10:16 AM

Be a little patient. We don't know the answer to that just yet, just like there were times something similar to this happened under Dan and we didn't know the answer.

One of the positives I believe I'm seeing under Joe is he has a good plan recruiting wise, and much better plan than Mullen did while here IMO.

msstate7
01-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Be a little patient. We don't know the answer to that just yet, just like there were times something similar to this happened under Dan and we didn't know the answer.

One of the positives I believe I'm seeing under Joe is he has a good plan recruiting wise, and much better plan than Mullen did while here IMO.

This wasn't a processing imo.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Nick Tiano completes 62% of his passes for 2700 yards at UT Chattanooga.... wish Mullen hadn’t run him off...

dawgday166
01-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Maybe not. Probably Mixon felt like he had fallen too far down and others were ahead of him, which I believe is mostly due to his injuries and not being dependable on a game-to-game basis.

If I were processing someone it would be Dear. He's gotten fat. Why he's returning punts I have no idea. Everyone else on team not only is in really good shape but I believe our defensive speed for sure went up. Part of that may be how well Shoop and the D staff coach tho, so the players ain't as confused and unsure the vast majority of the time. I don't believe all of the speed is just due to that tho.

BrunswickDawg
01-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Like 90% of the stuff that happens in the program that gets talked about on here we don't know and may never know.

My thing is this - how many players have we ever had who transferred out who went on to make an impact at anything that was greater than the player who replaced them? I can't think of one. Wes Carroll would have been better than Tyson Lee in '09 - maybe. Mixon is probably a good kid. May get more PT at an FBS school, or no one may ever hear anything from him again. Facts are he didn't pan out here, and a change of scenery is probably good for him and us. It happens.

Cooterpoot
01-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Transfer

BankerDog
01-06-2019, 10:55 AM

Mingo
Devonta Lee
Byron Young
The WR down in FL

Expands who can use a scholarship on for next year.

maroonmania
01-06-2019, 12:24 PM

I don't know either but its pretty obvious that Mixon and Dear are nowhere near the explosive players they were before their injuries. Not sure why anyone would be up in arms about whether either stays or leaves. At this point they are just role players for us at best.

Red Sox Dawg
01-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Could Dear and Mixon be graduating? They may want to go somewhere to play their last year.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2019, 08:37 PM

Mullen scored 37 on a good LSU defense a year ago.

Im 100 not a Mullen guy but comparing his offense right now to Moorheads is a 10 that loves you to a 5 that cheats on you

Leeshouldveflanked
01-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Mullen also lost 3 out of 4 to Ole Miss... he shouldn’t have lost any of those.

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2019, 09:04 PM

Agreed although in 2015 they were better than us up front. Mullen didnt have his head in it at the end most years and it showed

msstate7
01-06-2019, 09:05 PM

2 of those OM teams were NY6 teams... they beat Bama in 2014 and 2015 also. Still think we should've won in 2014, but they were flat out better in 2015

CadaverDawg
01-07-2019, 10:23 AM

If Joe was smart, he'd just prepare for Ole Miss all year and cash his checks...75% of our dumbass fans would be fine extending him every year if he just beats Ole Miss. Mullen took Tyson Lee a foot from a bowl game in year 1, while Joe squandered some of our best talent ever...and we have folks bringing up Mullen's losses to Ole Miss?