PDA

View Full Version : Nfl playoffs

msstate7
01-05-2019, 08:12 AM
I'm pumped about seeing Watson vs luck and dak vs wilson.

Previous matchups this season:
Texans over colts 37-34 in OT in Indy
Colts over Texans 24-21 in Houston
Seahawks over cowboys 24-13 in Seattle.

In the previous 2 Houston-Indy matchups, both QBs have been pretty good. Luck has outplayed
Watson both times though. Couple things stood out to me: Texans can't protect Watson vs colts (12 sacks in the 2 games) and neither team can really run vs the other [Indy's run game is non-existent (91 yards in both games combined)].

In the Dallas-Seattle game, both Carson and Elliott ran the ball well (over 100). Wilson was his normal high rating self (109.8). Dak was awful (54.5 rating and 2 ints). Doesn't look like dak's oline did him any favors, 5 sacks. Dak has since added Cooper though, and since then, he has been much better. This game is also in Dallas this time, which certainly changes things.

I think this is pretty important game for Watson and dak, but esp dak... dak's winning % is one of his go to stats, and 0/2 at home in playoffs wouldn't be a good thing.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Lots of young QBs in the playoffs...
Dak, Jackson, trubisky, Watson, and Goff all in year 3 or younger. Could've been a 6th in wentz.

Of the 5 young starters, 4 are dual threat.

ETA... left out some kid named Mahomes

MetEdDawg
01-05-2019, 08:47 AM
I'm really hoping Dak gets a win today. The critics are lining up now and I hate it. He's had relatively bad WRs over his career. Hopefully Cooper and Jarwin can show up big, they can establish the run, and give Dak chances to manage the game effectively

KOdawg1
01-05-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm really hoping Dak gets a win today. The critics are lining up now and I hate it. He's had relatively bad WRs over his career. Hopefully Cooper and Jarwin can show up big, they can establish the run, and give Dak chances to manage the game effectively
Jarwin really came through in the last regular season game vs the Giants. The Boys have definitely missed Witten this year, so production from the TE position is greatly welcomed. Dak just needs to take care of the football and use his legs to get out of the pocket when he feels it starting to collapse. That's been his biggest weakness this year. Do that and the Cowboys should win at home.

Matty Dispatch
01-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Cowboys have won 7 of their last 8 going into the playoffs. I'm pretty sure they had the best 2nd half record in the NFL. That franchise hasn't made it past the division round since they won the Superbowl in 1995. Hopefully Dak can do well. KJ and Fletcher already have a superbowl ring so if you're pulling for State players there's no reason not to hope the Cowboys can win the NFC.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Cowboys have won 7 of their last 8 going into the playoffs. I'm pretty sure they had the best 2nd half record in the NFL. That franchise hasn't made it past the division round since they won the Superbowl in 1995. Hopefully Dak can do well. KJ and Fletcher already have a superbowl ring so if you're pulling for State players there's no reason not to hope the Cowboys can win the NFC.

Yep. Really hope Dak plays well tonight and they get the win.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-05-2019, 10:40 AM
It all depends on Dallas OL play today...if Dallas can play “Downhill” they will be fine, but if they can’t win up front it will be a repeat of the game earlier this season In Seattle.

KOdawg1
01-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Unfortunately, there are state fans who can't get past their hatred for the Cowboys enough to root for Dak.

I used to dislike the Cowboys as much as anyone, but now, they're about the only NFL team I watch because of Dak.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, there are state fans who can't get past their hatred for the Cowboys enough to root for Dak.

I used to dislike the Cowboys as much as anyone, but now, they're about the only NFL team I watch because of Dak.

I liked the saints before dak, and I still like the saints since dak got there. I'm sure there are tons like me with other teams.

KOdawg1
01-05-2019, 10:55 AM
I liked the saints before dak, and I still like the saints since dak got there. I'm sure there are tons like me with other teams.

And that's fine.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 11:12 AM
DeAndre Hopkins is one of the best WRs on the planet and is a class individual. Donating check today to cover 7-year-old's funeral who was killed in drive by shooting

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2472740002

DownwardDawg
01-05-2019, 11:34 AM

Nope. Been a Steelers fan my whole life. Now days I’m still a Steelers fan but I cheer for Dak to win every game.

msstate7
01-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Nope. Been a Steelers fan my whole life. Now days I?m still a Steelers fan but I cheer for Dak to win every game.

Just curious... why didn't you drop the Steelers for say Texans (BMac, rankin, Thomas), eagles (Cox), redskins (Smith, McPhee), chiefs (Jones), etc? Never understood the reasoning that before dak it was ok to pull for another nfl team, but now you've gotta drop alligence to your nfl team in favor of the cowboys bc of dak. Does renfroe require we all be padre fans?

ETA... reading comprehension sucks... you didn't drop Steelers. I only pull for one nfl team though, saints. I love our ex-players, but I'm saints

parabrave
01-05-2019, 12:57 PM

I'm one. Love both the Boys and Saints. Started following the Boys in 1965. Saints came around in 67. Plus the saints rivals were always the falcans and the rams/49er since they were in the NfC west. They hardly ever played the cowboys.

Matty Dispatch
01-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Just curious... why didn't you drop the Steelers for say Texans (BMac, rankin, Thomas), eagles (Cox), redskins (Smith, McPhee), chiefs (Jones), etc? Never understood the reasoning that before dak it was ok to pull for another nfl team, but now you've gotta drop alligence to your nfl team in favor of the cowboys bc of dak. Does renfroe require we all be padre fans?

ETA... reading comprehension sucks... you didn't drop Steelers. I only pull for one nfl team though, saints. I love our ex-players, but I'm saints

I am a Falcons fan. In 2016 when the Falcons and Cowboys both had byes I was fully rooting for the Falcons. This year, because the Falcons did not make the playoffs I'm fully rooting for the Cowboys because of Dak. In the AFC I'm pulling for any team with MSU players on it to somehow take down the Patriots.

Mutt the Hoople
01-05-2019, 02:29 PM
I've been a Cowboy fan even before I had heard of something called Mississippi State. The fact that Dak Prescott is the man here just makes everything better.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2019, 02:33 PM

None of those other players are quarterbacks, let alone for one of the highest profile franchises in all of sports. Having a superstar in the making at the QB position in the NFL is something MSU has never had.

KOdawg1
01-05-2019, 02:36 PM
None of those other players are quarterbacks, let alone for one of the highest profile franchises in all of sports. Having a superstar in the making at the QB position in the NFL is something MSU has never had.
And it's good for MSU. When people think of Dak, they think of Mississippi State. Him doing well is good for us.