PDA

View Full Version : The actual SEC Rankings by Shotgun

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Below are the real SEC rankings. Don't let the polls fool you. Some of these teams may have beaten a team above them, but consider these rankings as of today, which teams could beat each other on a neutral field or win at home and lose on the road. These rankings actually reflect how good the teams are and who could beat who, not who has a better record or who won when the teams played early in the year.

1A. LSU - Balance
1B. Alabama - No body has beaten them so they have to be here
3A. Texas A&M - Shootout team
3B. Auburn - Shootout team
5A. Mizzou - Still flawed, I don't buy it.
5B. Tennessee - Improving
5C. South Carolina - decending
5D. Mississippi State - Better than people think
5E. Ole Miss - Talented but very flawed in important spots
10A. Florida - Can't score
10B. Vanderbilt - steady but lacks overall talent.
10C. UGA - Beat to hell
13. Arkansas - Can't throw or play defense
14. Kentucky - overall sucks

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Not bad. But you probably wouldn't find a non-MSU fan out there that would have us above Ole miss, or probably even Vandy and Georgia. I think you got it right though, except I would swap Mizzou and Auburn as of right now.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Not bad. But you probably wouldn't find a non-MSU fan out there that would have us above Ole miss, or probably even Vandy and Georgia. I think you got it right though, except I would swap Mizzou and Auburn as of right now.

I didn't put us above OM, I have a 5 way tie for 5th. I think OM would beat us in Oxford and we will beat them at home. Same as all the others tied.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I didn't put us above OM, I have a 5 way tie for 5th. I think OM would beat us in Oxford and we will beat them at home. Same as all the others tied.

Oh I misread what you were doing there. My bad. Well then I disagree, I don't think we are anywhere near Mizzou. The day we beat back to back teams like Georgia and Florida under Dan Mullen, I will be ecstatic. Personally, I would put us below Mizzou, Tennessee, South Carolina, and probably ole miss right now. And on the same level with Vandy. But Vandy played well today, so maybe not even them. Until we prove we can beat teams like Vandy, Tenn, and Mizzou beat today, I don't see how we can say we're on the same level. But maybe that's just me.

Bear@Work
10-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Below are the real SEC rankings. Don't let the polls fool you. Some of these teams may have beaten a team above them, but consider these rankings as of today, which teams could beat each other on a neutral field or win at home and lose on the road. These rankings actually reflect how good the teams are and who could beat who, not who has a better record or who won when the teams played early in the year.

1A. LSU
1B. Alabama
3A. Texas A&M
3B. Auburn
5A. Mizzou
5B. Tennessee
5C. South Carolina
5D. Mississippi State
5E. Ole Miss
10A. Vanderbilt
10B. UGA
13. Arkansas
14. Kentucky

3B ahead of 5A makes this list lose all credibility.

Also, I think we've gotta be 11A until we win an SEC game this year.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Good ranking Shotgun. I agree with it. Having Auburn and Missouri where they are is right IMO. Missouri is a bit over inflated by playing in a very beat up East division.

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Cool, you forgot Florida

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 05:14 PM
We will beat Kentucky Bear. After next week we will have a better record in the SEC then Vandy.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
We will beat Kentucky Bear. After next week we will have a better record in the SEC then Vandy.

How is that? They beat Georgia today and we haven't won a SEC game yet have we? So no, we won't have a better record than Vandy....and their 1 win will be far greater than ours

Coach34
10-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Not bad. But you probably wouldn't find a non-MSU fan out there that would have us above Ole miss, .

I dont know why- stats show us as better in damn near all categories.

That Hugh Freeze offense? 9th in the SEC...Mullen? 6th

Coach34
10-19-2013, 05:19 PM
How is that? They beat Georgia today and we haven't won a SEC game yet have we? So no, we won't have a better record than Vandy....and their 1 win will be far greater than ours

We'll be 1-2 in the SEC- Vandy is 1-3- that's how- and Vandy goes to A&M Saturday

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Wow, very negative. You do realize that the Georgia and Florida teams that lost today were about equal to the ones we beat in 2010. Due to injuries, those two teams suck right now. I wish we did play Vandy this year because they are not good. They have one receiver of which that QB has gotten what 90% of his passing yards thrown to? The East is just plain bad right now period. Odds are good we will end up with at least 3 SEC wins and possibly 4 depending on how hurt Shaw is for South Carolina. As far as Florida goes, I don't think it matters as they won't win the East either. I think Shotgun's standings are about where they need to be.

CadaverDawg

Schedule be damned, eh coach? Like I said, you won't find a non-MSU fan that says that. Everyone outside of Starkville sees that Ole miss damn near beat a top 10 team last week, while we struggled with Bg. Like I said, perception is reality. It ain't all about stats.

Not arguing, just saying that most would disagree

CadaverDawg
We'll be 1-2 in the SEC- Vandy is 1-3- that's how- and Vandy goes to A&M Saturday

So we'll be tied with them. If you are getting into the fact that we haven't played as many SEC games as them, that is trying hard to sway people's opinions.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Wow, very negative. You do realize that the Georgia and Florida teams that lost today were about equal to the ones we beat in 2010. Due to injuries, those two teams suck right now. I wish we did play Vandy this year because they are not good. They have one receiver of which that QB has gotten what 90% of his passing yards thrown to? The East is just plain bad right now period. Odds are good we will end up with at least 3 SEC wins and possibly 4 depending on how hurt Shaw is for South Carolina. As far as Florida goes, I don't think it matters as they won't win the East either. I think Shotgun's standings are about where they need to be.

Again, I WANT to be as positive as some of you...but nothing MSU is showing me right now makes me feel like I could rank us ahead of those teams right now. And I thought we were basing this off of RIGHT NOW. What have we proven?

MarketingBully01
10-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Ha! By the end of the year Georgia won't be ranked. They will be lucky to win 7 games. How will that win look then? I think Auburn can and will beat this Georgia team. It would have been better if Murray had gone down then what did happen. Losing that many weapons even Tom Brady couldn't look good in that offense right now.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Ha! By the end of the year Georgia won't be ranked. They will be lucky to win 7 games. How will that win look then? I think Auburn can and will beat this Georgia team. It would have been better if Murray had gone down then what did happen. Losing that many weapons even Tom Brady couldn't look good in that offense right now.

What's your point? Who argued any of what you just said?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Good discussion, and I added in Florida.

My disclaimer was that, I don't care who has beaten who, unless the winning team was on the road or injuries have derailed the season. This ranking is just on who I think is the better team with my eyes.

There will be many that disagree with that, and that fine, but I'm tired of seeing ranking that are completely based on win/loss records when teams play different schedules, have different teams at home and away, and play teams at different points in the year.

Yes, I believe Auburn is a better overall team than Mizzou.

smootness
10-19-2013, 05:45 PM
LSU is not as good as Bama. LSU's defense this year is average.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 05:49 PM
LSU is not as good as Bama. LSU's defense this year is average.

This could be true, but there is no evidence yet that it is. Bama's offense hasn't clicked either and LSU's offense is clearly better. LSU's defense played well last week, and have a few more weeks to get better before playing Bama.

LSU may be able to out score Bama.

Bear@Work
10-19-2013, 05:59 PM
This could be true, but there is no evidence yet that it is. Bama's offense hasn't clicked either and LSU's offense is clearly better. LSU's defense played well last week, and have a few more weeks to get better before playing Bama.

LSU may be able to out score Bama.

Yeah. The same is true with your 5A team, Missouri. They haven't played a close game yet. But somehow, Auburn is better than Missouri.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah. The same is true with your 5A team, Missouri. They haven't played a close game yet. But somehow, Auburn is better than Missouri.

Again, that doesn't factor in to me. I am simply telling you what I see with my eyes. Records and margin of victory have no bearing.

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 06:19 PM

Exactly the reason our record should be better than 3-3. When we are in the top half of the league on offense and defense, yet sport a 3-3 record. The difference in us being in the top half of the league in wins is the person wearing the headset.

cheewgumm
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Obivously this has nothing to do wiht wins and losses, right?>

1A. LSU - Balance
1B. Alabama - No body has beaten them so they have to be here
3A. Texas A&M - Shootout team
3B. Auburn - Shootout team
5A. Mizzou - Still flawed, I don't buy it.
5B. Tennessee - Improving
5C. South Carolina - decending
5D. Mississippi State - Better than people think
5E. Ole Miss - Talented but very flawed in important spots
10A. Florida - Can't score
10B. Vanderbilt - steady but lacks overall talent.
10C. UGA - Beat to hell
13. Arkansas - Can't throw or play defense
14. Kentucky - overall sucks

TUSK
10-19-2013, 06:57 PM
the way LSU's defense is playing, Bama might not punt against them.

Bama's OL is gellin'... the Defense is getting nastier each week.

that being said, LSU's offense is terrific.

BulldogBear
10-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Richt... instant hotseat?

Coach34
10-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Richt... instant hotseat?

No- he is losing because all of his players are injured. They have been in Atlanta the last 2 seasons- he aint going anywhere

BulldogBear
10-19-2013, 08:57 PM
No- he is losing because all of his players are injured. They have been in Atlanta the last 2 seasons- he aint going anywhere

I agree he shouldn't be...and you are probably right. But... it seems that any time UGA starts struggling, they talk of a new coach. It's not as bad as Corn Dog nation though. I work with and am related to about 50 LSU faithful. Anything less than contention for the SEC is beyond unacceptable. An 8-4 season would land Miles on a seat so hot he would have to win the SEC the next year. 7-5 and he would be gone gone gone gone gone without chance to win the SEC a year later and save his job. Believe it. They have lost all perspective in the purple and gold fanbase. They don't think he's a very good coach. They just think he is lucky. If they perceive his luck is running out, they'll have no more use for him. The ones I know and am related to down and diss on Miles constantly even most of time they are winning because it's not good enough if they aren't dominating EVERY game.

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Damn I love that helmet