PDA

View Full Version : Holgerson making $1.1 Mil more than the next highest G5 coach

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Not sure if I understand why they spent that much to get him. I thought he was a good coach but no better than other guys they could have poached at that price. He is making around $3.7 Mil per year which is what he was going to make at W Va.

Memphis coach Norvell makes $2.6 as the next highest. Heupel at UCF and Fickell at Cincinnatti are both set to make $2.3 Mil.

Does anyone think Houston made a good move here? They were winning 9-10 games before Holgerson got there and now he has been averaging around 7-8 with a 4 win and 10 win season thrown in. They did move to the Big 12 which is more competitive than the Big East was.

I seen it dawg
01-04-2019, 01:50 PM
He's prob old boys with Tillman the money guy. Billionaire whose hobby is UH. Like win the lottery for a billion and do whatever you want at state

Really Clark?
01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Not sure if I understand why they spent that much to get him. I thought he was a good coach but no better than other guys they could have poached at that price. He is making around $3.7 Mil per year which is what he was going to make at W Va.

Memphis coach Norvell makes $2.6 as the next highest. Heupel at UCF and Fickell at Cincinnatti are both set to make $2.3 Mil.

Does anyone think Houston made a good move here? They were winning 9-10 games before Holgerson got there and now he has been averaging around 7-8 with a 4 win and 10 win season thrown in. They did move to the Big 12 which is more competitive than the Big East was.

I think Houston might have made a good move with the Applewhite firing. Have a feeling the program was going backwards with him and maybe about to implode. I think Holgerson is better than Applewhite at running a program.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 02:36 PM
I think Houston might have made a good move with the Applewhite firing. Have a feeling the program was going backwards with him and maybe about to implode. I think Holgerson is better than Applewhite at running a program.

The entire deal where Applewhite was trying to pull the coat off of Ed Oliver was a weird deal. It just seemed like a weird vibe and could have signaled turmoil behind the scenes.

RocketDawg
01-04-2019, 10:16 PM
He might be the Nick Saban of G5, getting the other coaches huge raises because of his salary. UCF will probably have to match him, the USF, then OM, and on and on.

RocketDawg
01-04-2019, 10:18 PM

When did Houston move to the Big 12?

TUSK
01-04-2019, 10:28 PM

I thought HOU was in the ACK.... ac.... aac???? something whACKy like that....

eta - AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONF.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 11:03 PM

Sorry, I was referring to West Virginia when Holgerson was there. The previous coaches were winning 9-10 every year when W Va was in the Big East. They moved to the Big 12 a couple years into Holgerson tenure and have been around 7-8 wins consistently.

TUSK
01-04-2019, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=RocketDawg;1051294]

Sorry, I was referring to West Virginia when Holgerson was there. The previous coaches were winning 9-10 every year when W Va was in the Big East. They moved to the Big 12 a couple years into Holgerson tenure and have been around 7-8 wins consistently.

sidebar: I never got that... I know they ain't on the Atlantic Ocean, but UWV oughta be in the ACC in lieu of the Big12.... right????

gravedigger
01-05-2019, 12:31 AM

Houston is run by a big donor. He wanted Holgerson. Doubt this was some collective decision.

dalmuti
01-05-2019, 01:02 AM
He might be the Nick Saban of G5, getting the other coaches huge raises because of his salary. UCF will probably have to match him, the USF, then OM, and on and on.

i see what you did there m8

RocketDawg
01-05-2019, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Tbonewannabe;1051308]

sidebar: I never got that... I know they ain't on the Atlantic Ocean, but UWV oughta be in the ACC in lieu of the Big12.... right????

Kentucky's not on the Atlantic coast either, but Louisville is now in the ACC. And Arizona teams are in the Pac 12. Go figger.