PDA

View Full Version : Seriously??? Has this place really gone over the ledge to move a post on Mascots?

RougeDawg
01-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Last I checked Mascots were a part of sports and athletic programs. Just because PETA was involved the PC police swoop in trying to silence the message. Another bit of irony there too.

If people cannot handle that topic on this board they have serious issues as a functioning human being. Can someone please provide a logical and/or rational response as to why it was moved?

Bully13
01-04-2019, 11:22 AM
ED is dying a slow death. It's being run into the ground by ignorant snowflakes. Wish 34 was still around. I cant believe after 6 years I'm on the way back to 6 pack. At least they will respect my girlfriend's rack over there. 17ing assholes.

Political Hack
01-04-2019, 11:26 AM
Last I checked Mascots were a part of sports and athletic programs. Just because PETA was involved the PC police swoop in trying to silence the message. Another bit of irony there too.

If people cannot handle that topic on this board they have serious issues as a functioning human being. Can someone please provide a logical and/or rational response as to why it was moved?

Political discussions go on the political board because people can't control themselves, say stupid stuff that drives people apart, and makes people that may otherwise have a positive opinion of MSU fans rethink their opinion and begin to dislike our contingent. This board wasn't created to talk about PETA. It was created to talk about MSU sports. Anything that could detract from that or shed negative light on the university is moved.

Hope that's reason enough. Just for the record, I moved it while also agreeing with your point in that thread. It wasn't moved because of disagreement. It was moved because it's political.

BeardoMSU
01-04-2019, 11:27 AM
ED is dying a slow death. It's being run into the ground by ignorant snowflakes. Wish 34 was still around. I cant believe after 6 years I'm on the way back to 6 pack. At least they will respect my girlfriend's rack over there. 17ing assholes.

Jesus Christ, dude....

https://i.ibb.co/ZfKZ1Ct/Untitled.png

Bully13
01-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Political discussions go on the political board because people can't control themselves, say stupid stuff that drives people apart, and makes people that may otherwise have a positive opinion of MSU fans rethink their opinion and begin to dislike our contingent. This board wasn't created to talk about PETA. It was created to talk about MSU sports. Anything that could detract from that or shed negative light on the university is moved.

Hope that's reason enough. Just for the record, I moved it while also agreeing with your point in that thread. It wasn't moved because of disagreement. It was moved because it's political.

Go tell that to other sports outlet's and mainstream media. Jesus Christ hack. Have you lost your GD Mind?

ScoobaDawg
01-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Enjoy your time over there then. Good Bye.

hacker
01-04-2019, 11:30 AM
FWIW, I don't see the titties anymore either

Political Hack
01-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Go tell that to other sports outlet's and mainstream media. Jesus Christ hack. Have you lost your GD Mind?

Thought you were leaving? Bye.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Jesus Christ, dude....

https://i.ibb.co/ZfKZ1Ct/Untitled.png

I think the guy is having withdrawls from not being able to curse at people that disagree with him on the Political Board.

As far as mascots, it is sad to me to see a doped up Bevo or Ralphie but they could easily kill someone so that is what has to be done to keep them in the stadium. One on hand, Ralphie dragging 4 guys across the field is up there with Auburn's war eagle or Air Force's falcon but the animal lover in me hates to see them drugged just so they can be inside the stadium.

The pageantry of college football loses some of that by eliminating the mascots. I love seeing Mike the Tiger on the sideline and Ralphie is my favorite mascot not named Bully. Also once you eliminate one mascot like Bevo, how much longer until Bully isn't allowed? Give an inch and they take a mile.

BeardoMSU
01-04-2019, 11:52 AM
Also once you eliminate one mascot like Bevo, how much longer until Bully isn't allowed? Give an inch and they take a mile.

I agree to an extent, but Bully isn't a threat to trample and/or gore people.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 12:07 PM
I agree to an extent, but Bully isn't a threat to trample and/or gore people.

Yep but UGA was about 6 inches from biting the shit out of an Auburn player. Not sure where you draw the line. Mike the Tiger could rape face if he got out of his cage. Auburn has the whole spiel about don't have shiny objects while he is circling the field.

Sometimes we make things safer and we lose some aspect of the experience just on the basis of a 1 in a billion chance something happens.

BB30
01-04-2019, 12:42 PM

People say stupid things all of the time here on the sports board that drives people and fans apart... There are probably 15-20 posts a day bashing players and or coaches.

Stating coaches and players have struggled etc. is one thing discussing one's supposed coke addiction etc isn't any different than a post about mascots and PETA, actually probably worse when talking about the university being discussed in a negative light..

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 12:47 PM
People say stupid things all of the time here on the sports board that drives people and fans apart... There are probably 15-20 posts a day bashing players and or coaches.

Stating coaches and players have struggled etc. is one thing discussing one's supposed coke addiction etc isn't any different than a post about mascots and PETA, actually probably worse when talking about the university being discussed in a negative light..

I am personally a big fan of Coke Zero Sugar. Good stuff.

BB30
01-04-2019, 12:53 PM
I am personally a big fan of Coke Zero Sugar. Good stuff.

Ha I don't have a problem with either being discussed just think it is dumb to condemn one borderline post justified because it may shed a negative light on the university while allowing others... Seems kind of picky choosy.

Mascots and PETA aren't exactly political per se. No more or less political than allowing discussion on domestic abuse and Urban which doesn't directly relate to MSU sports.

I like all of the above conversation and think differing discussion keeps things interesting from time to time, just find it odd what stuff gets moved and what doesn't.

I seen it dawg
01-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Bully13 had long since worn out his welcome. And as far as this thread don't be a crybaby bitch. All the ones ****ing crying about thread moving and banning ****ing get over it. While we appreciate everyone that participates here it's a free country and you have a choice whether you do or choose not to. If you do choose to participate and that participation is bitching about shit like this then be prepared to get an ass full back. ****ing toughen up people we are running a message board for the masses the best we can. Sometimes we choose to move or remove things where we see fit. Sometimes it may be perceived as soft or PC. You don't like it tough shit get a grip.

msbulldog
01-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Bring back the tits.

msu15
01-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Bully's thread on the pack is not going well for him lololololol

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Ha I don't have a problem with either being discussed just think it is dumb to condemn one borderline post justified because it may shed a negative light on the university while allowing others... Seems kind of picky choosy.

Mascots and PETA aren't exactly political per se. No more or less political than allowing discussion on domestic abuse and Urban which doesn't directly relate to MSU sports.

I like all of the above conversation and think differing discussion keeps things interesting from time to time, just find it odd what stuff gets moved and what doesn't.

At the end of the day, it is their message board. I am not sure the mascot deal would have gotten moved if it was strictly talking about it like we have in this thread. It goes a little off the rails when you start saying crap about liberals or whatever.

HotMop
01-04-2019, 01:15 PM
I think the guy is having withdrawls from not being able to curse at people that disagree with him on the Political Board.

As far as mascots, it is sad to me to see a doped up Bevo or Ralphie but they could easily kill someone so that is what has to be done to keep them in the stadium. One on hand, Ralphie dragging 4 guys across the field is up there with Auburn's war eagle or Air Force's falcon but the animal lover in me hates to see them drugged just so they can be inside the stadium.

The pageantry of college football loses some of that by eliminating the mascots. I love seeing Mike the Tiger on the sideline and Ralphie is my favorite mascot not named Bully. Also once you eliminate one mascot like Bevo, how much longer until Bully isn't allowed? Give an inch and they take a mile.

I don't think they need to get rid of Bevo but they should silently retire him and bring on Bevo XVI.

Sienfield
01-04-2019, 01:15 PM

Man, you need to change your user name or stay off this board then.

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 01:22 PM
I don't think they need to get rid of Bevo but they should silently retire him and bring on Bevo XVI.

We retired a Bully early because he didn't do well with crowds. Is this a case of needing to change Bevo or they shouldn't have Bevo around other mascots?

msbulldog
01-04-2019, 01:34 PM
We retired a Bully early because he didn't do well with crowds. Is this a case of needing to change Bevo or they shouldn't have Bevo around other mascots?

You don't put a steer around a bulldog, natural enemies, am I the only one that grew up on a farm?

Tbonewannabe
01-04-2019, 01:38 PM
You don't put a steer around a bulldog, natural enemies, am I the only one that grew up on a farm?

I didn't grow up on a farm but I thought that. Didn't ESPN just want some little cute video of them around each other or was it just accident?

msbulldog
01-04-2019, 01:40 PM
They were definitely filming the hell out of it, I must have seen a half dozen versions. Just stupid people.

I seen it dawg
01-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Man, you need to change your user name or stay off this board then.

Lane. Stay in it.

Commercecomet24
01-04-2019, 01:53 PM

Lol I thought the same thing as soon as it happened.

BB30
01-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Bully13 had long since worn out his welcome. And as far as this thread don't be a crybaby bitch. All the ones ****ing crying about thread moving and banning ****ing get over it. While we appreciate everyone that participates here it's a free country and you have a choice whether you do or choose not to. If you do choose to participate and that participation is bitching about shit like this then be prepared to get an ass full back. ****ing toughen up people we are running a message board for the masses the best we can. Sometimes we choose to move or remove things where we see fit. Sometimes it may be perceived as soft or PC. You don't like it tough shit get a grip.

Ha ha I think you are missing my point. I actually 100% agree with you.

If yall want to move something, move it. Don't try and justify or give some dumb sh** reason for doing it. There are thousands of posts a month that shine a negative light on the university. You can't make everyone happy so don't try...

DownwardDawg
01-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Yeah, everybody is talking about how Bevo almost gored poor UGA to death. In reality, UGA was setting him up for the kill. He was just about to jump up and grab Bevo by the nose and flip his ass like a rag doll. ** Stupid people don’t know shit about bulldogs!!!

I seen it dawg
01-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Ha ha I think you are missing my point. I actually 100% agree with you.

If yall want to move something, move it. Don't try and justify or give some dumb sh** reason for doing it. There are thousands of posts a month that shine a negative light on the university. You can't make everyone happy so don't try...

It was just in general not to anyone's point but appreciate it.

TUSK
01-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Since we made mascots all political:

The bombing of Hiroshima was a cover story... This is what really happened....

https://youtu.be/YlU8KqaMmWo

ScoobaDawg
01-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Anyone complaining about the move to Political Forum can gladly click on the Forum to go interact with it there... Or send me a PM if you don't have permission. All except Dawg61 that is.

Dawg61
01-04-2019, 02:44 PM

Just like you. That's why you're were banned from the political board.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LrC1m7Ay3xsha/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
01-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Well....today turned out to be rather interesting.**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FixedSilkyHart-small.gif

Dawg61
01-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Anyone complaining about the move to Political Forum can gladly click on the Forum to go interact with it there... Or send me a PM if you don't have permission. All except Dawg61 that is.

https://media.giphy.com/media/OJYkqnIQv2VSE/giphy.gif

TUSK
01-04-2019, 03:09 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OJYkqnIQv2VSE/giphy.gif

You should demand some of them reparations.

tireddawg
01-04-2019, 03:19 PM
I don't understand the complaining so much from certain folks when things don't go their way. It's a message board that's run a certain way, a way the mods feel necessary. I may not agree with some decisions that are made, but it's not going to ruin my day like some on here. Moving a thread is the least of my worries. Get a grip, don't flip.

msbulldog
01-04-2019, 06:45 PM
Oh well, Hail State!

preachermatt83
01-05-2019, 01:40 AM
Hypothetically, if a person made a post quoting this particular post and said something about it being an outstanding post, would it get said person banned? Asking for a friend.

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2019, 04:12 AM
Sooooooo....How bout dem Dawgs?

Jack Lambert
01-05-2019, 09:32 AM

Have you seen some of the sports threads. Hell if I was a parent of a recruit or a recruit I would stay away from Miss State.

BeardoMSU
01-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Hypothetically, if a person made a post quoting this particular post and said something about it being an outstanding post, would it get said person banned? Asking for a friend.

Fap. Fap. Fap.

shannondawg
01-05-2019, 11:56 AM
I have no idea what was said, as I didn't see the post. But I know first hand the questionable actions that Peta takes as a former breeder and shower of horses and dogs.

Coach007
01-05-2019, 12:21 PM
I don't understand the complaining so much from certain folks when things don't go their way. It's a message board that's run a certain way, a way the mods feel necessary. I may not agree with some decisions that are made, but it's not going to ruin my day like some on here. Moving a thread is the least of my worries. Get a grip, don't flip.

His is/was due to statements made on the political board and then actions against him on this board. I think he feels that he is a target of a mod/owner because they but heads on politics.

I agree, it's their board. They can run it however they want, he is free to go where ever he wants and not come back ED. At the same time, I understand his point of view. When other posters are allowed to break the "rules" and when you respond in kind after numerous times and you get in trouble... then you start to change your outlook.

Coach007
01-05-2019, 12:22 PM
I have no idea what was said, as I didn't see the post. But I know first hand the questionable actions that Peta takes as a former breeder and shower of horses and dogs.

Yep. Peta is a terrorist organization.

MaroonFlounder
01-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Time for another coffee bean / MLM post. And an ensuing enema. Let's spray milky shit all over the place!