PDA

View Full Version : Cole Gordon and Sam Knowlton Rumor Thread

The Federalist Engineer
01-02-2019, 02:00 PM
Because this rumor deserves a thread, I made one.

What the heck?

- Cole Gordon is a returning senior and a key player in the Omaha run in 2018
- Cole is expected to be a closer or 60-inning middle relief guy
- Cole Gordon is not player drafted in the 1st round by the Braves, that Carter Stewart, just forget about him
- Sam Knowlton is a big freshman that was drafted in the 39th round, 6-7 225 lbs

Both are a big loss, unless the MSU webmaster messed up and accidentally deleted their profiles.

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Because this rumor deserves a thread, I made one.

What the heck?

- Cole Gordon is a returning senior and a key player in the Omaha run in 2018
- Cole is expected to be a closer or 60-inning middle relief guy
- Cole Gordon is not player drafted in the 1st round by the Braves, that Carter Stewart, just forget about him
- Sam Knowlton is a big freshman that was drafted in the 39th round, 6-7 225 lbs

Both are a big loss, unless the MSU webmaster messed up and accidentally deleted their profiles.

I don't keep up with baseball until we actually hit the field but I would find it hard to believe Cole Gordon would be cut since we begged him back.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Could it be that some administrative assistant accidentally left them off the online roster? Cole was at Outback Bowl yesterday

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Cole is coming back. You don't cut guys like that unless they get into trouble.

prairiedog
01-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Todd, I asked earlier but no one replied. Where is Graham Ashcraft? Pitched as a freshman with some success, but had some injuries.

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Todd, I asked earlier but no one replied. Where is Graham Ashcraft? Pitched as a freshman with some success, but had some injuries.

He transferred out in the offseason and is at UAB now.

WSOPdawg
01-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Cole Gordon is now listed on the roster, so it was apparently a mistake that caused all of the uproar. Sam Knowlton is NOT listed so don't know about him.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Yeah Cole was never not on the team. In fact on the HAILSTATE app he was always on the roster. Something must've got screwy on the full website version.

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Cole Gordon is now listed on the roster, so it was apparently a mistake that caused all of the uproar. Sam Knowlton is NOT listed so don't know about him.

He could certainly be redshirted or have left the team. He was drafted and he has some upside but he also had some injuries in high school last year and could benefit from being redshirted. Gordon leaving the team would absolutely surprise me. Especially since I would have him as our closer or top relief pitcher and losing him would be a pretty big blow. That would put even more strain on Self who has been dealing with injuries himself. And then Spencer Price is coming off of Tommy John.

The Federalist Engineer
01-02-2019, 08:33 PM

We can make a damn uproar, glad this got corrected

MSU baseball has a 365 day fanbase

Now we need Sam Knowlton back on the site

somebodyshotmypaw
01-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Are you allowed to play or even attend college if you aren't on the interwebs? I mean I've never seen a mistake on the interwebs.

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Are you allowed to play or even attend college if you aren't on the interwebs? I mean I've never seen a mistake on the interwebs.

MSU definitely had Elih Marrero on the Internet roster long after he was not on the team. I guess the mistakes go both ways.

WSOPdawg
01-02-2019, 11:00 PM
I would just like us to be able to field a complete 35-man roster, which I don't think we've done in the past several years.

Homedawg
01-03-2019, 11:04 AM
I would just like us to be able to field a complete 35-man roster, which I don't think we've done in the past several years.

Well we won't. Knowlton left and he will count against the 35 cause he's on scholarship. So we will start with, at most, 34.