PDA

View Full Version : QB situation and recruiting

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 05:16 AM
With Shrader being a freshman wouldn't it make more sense for us to get a JUCO QB than a grad transfer? That way Shrader wouldn't have to start until his sophomore year if all goes well.

bluelightstar
01-02-2019, 05:57 AM
Well Moorhead’s offense is apparently so impossible to run that two four-stars and a fifth-year senior couldn’t, but I’m sure a random lightly-recruited JUCO QB should handle it fine.

bulldawg28
01-02-2019, 07:50 AM
I honestly don't believe the offense is this complicated. The quarterback was not into the season mentally. Jomo just could not afford to bench the starting quarterback.

parabrave
01-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Well Moorhead’s offense is apparently so impossible to run that two four-stars and a fifth-year senior couldn’t, but I’m sure a random lightly-recruited JUCO QB should handle it fine.

Rep Given. Now go buy some dogshi* stocks.

RiverCityDawg
01-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Just because Fitz and KT can't pick it up quickly (or at all) doesn't mean it's impossible to learn. You're basing your judgement on a sample size of two. Just look at 3 star McSorely who ran it very well in his first year of learning it. It's not about experience in other systems or recruiting stars, it's about being the right fit with the necessary feel for the RPO game.

yjnkdawg
01-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Shrader needs a red shirt year, but he ran a rpo offense very similar to JoeMo's.

yjnkdawg
01-02-2019, 12:22 PM
I honestly don't believe the offense is this complicated. The quarterback was not into the season mentally. Jomo just could not afford to bench the starting quarterback.

Bingo and I agree with the first sentence as well.