PDA

View Full Version : Guidry

Matt3467
01-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Watching the highlights again and this guy cost us 10 points. The play where he was tripped up at the 1yd line is despicable. The guy barely touched his shoe string and he falls. The next opportunity tipped or not the ball hit the dude right in the chest. Not to mention the drop he had earlier or the many drops he's had all season. I believe I saw a graphic somewhere earlier that had him ranked the third highest in the conference in drop %. He's a liability and should not be starting for this team, but unfortunately half of our WRs have butter fingers in crucial moments.

I don't think I've ever seen a group of WRs underperform as much as this one. We've never been "WR U," but typically we don't have the clown show out there like we did this year. What happened? I blame the player and the coaching. These guys need to have a football taped to their hands when they're off the field and they need to have balls thrown at them all practice. What a shameful display we've seen from this group all year.

It's unbelievable that we had a QB that can't throw combined with a WR corp that can't catch. I don't think I've seen this bad of a combination my entire life in D1 football. Fitz misses wide open sure TDs by a mile and the WRs drop dimes that hit them right in the hands. I need to go to bed, but this season has built up to be the most disappointing and difficult season to watch by a longshot. At least the latter years with Sherril and the Croom era we never expected much more than mediocrity, but Mullen came in and changed the culture and expectations so much in Starkville that it hurts more than it's ever hurt to be a State fan now when I see the talent that was wasted and the product that was fielded this year.

I never wanted Mullen gone. Mullen wanted Mullen gone. I remember the day I heard he was going to take the TN job right up until the FLA job opened up and he grabbed that. My stomach twisted in knots and I felt that we'd never get a coach like Mullen again. Mullen hadn't finished the job here. He didn't win the championships that were actually possible here with him. We never got the respect that I felt we could've gotten with Mullen staying. If we won and won big here we could pull big name coaches and big recruits here and I thought we were so close to getting there.

To sum it all up I almost wish that the last decade hadn't happened. A lot of MSU fans have gotten very bitter in the recent years up to the point where plenty wanted to fire Mullen because they were sick of 8-9 win seasons (imagine that). The board and some of the people on it have reached almost a hysterical level of toxicity due to the recent success we had that was never enough. It's a dark and hard time right now to be a MSU fan. I want there to be a light at the end of this tunnel, but since Mullen left my old MSU expectations have been creeping back along with the now attached bitterness because of what could've been.

Anyway, late night rant that I intended to only mention Guidry morphed into what it is now. Sorry for being wordy!

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 04:41 AM
Dan didn't want to be here and that's why most who wanted him gone wanted to move on. We are never going to maximize what we can be with a coach that doesn't want to be here and is always actively shopping himself around. I guarantee you that is way more toxic than anything said on this or any board or social media.

Our WR's are better now than what we had last year. Guidry had a rough day and maybe even a rough year. But he also made plays at times. Osirious improved a lot as the year went on. The problem has been Billy Gonzalez's lack of recruiting and we have had to pay for it the last two years. We have two four star WR's committed for 2020 and likely will get Heath back in 2020. We should be getting better- and the only way to fix our issues is to recruit better like we are. And remember we didn't want to fire the country club because we didn't want to make Dan mad and leave? We're paying for that now.

And if going 8-5 with an Egg Bowl win and a NYD bowl appearance is "dark" I guess we'll just have to all suffer.

Cooterpoot
01-02-2019, 04:50 AM
Worst WRs in P5 and a running, inaccurate passing QB that makes poor decisions. There, I shortened it for you.

Matt3467
01-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Dan didn't want to be here and that's why most who wanted him gone wanted to move on. We are never going to maximize what we can be with a coach that doesn't want to be here and is always actively shopping himself around. I guarantee you that is way more toxic than anything said on this or any board or social media.

Our WR's are better now than what we had last year. Guidry had a rough day and maybe even a rough year. But he also made plays at times. Osirious improved a lot as the year went on. The problem has been Billy Gonzalez's lack of recruiting and we have had to pay for it the last two years. We have two four star WR's committed for 2020 and likely will get Heath back in 2020. We should be getting better- and the only way to fix our issues is to recruit better like we are. And remember we didn't want to fire the country club because we didn't want to make Dan mad and leave? We're paying for that now.

And if going 8-5 with an Egg Bowl win and a NYD bowl appearance is "dark" I guess we'll just have to all suffer.

8-5 with the #1 defense in the nation and we lose most of the pieces that made us the top defense. That's what I meant by "dark."

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Worst WRs in P5 and a running, inaccurate passing QB that makes poor decisions. There, I shortened it for you.

Pretty much sums it up

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2019, 08:38 AM

So more of the same next year minus an elite defense?

defiantdog
01-02-2019, 09:46 AM
8-5 with the #1 defense in the nation and we lose most of the pieces that made us the top defense. That's what I meant by "dark."

Our defense will be fine next year

tcdog70
01-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I was told on this Board numerous time that Guidry was NFL talent. Undoubtedly, these message boards experts didn't watch His Hinds highlights(there weren't many) he was the 3td leading wr on a shitty JUCO team. If you are a SEC/NFL talent then your JUCO stats should blow you away. 20-25 catches for a year most of them short yardage--come on man.--we got just what he is an average sun-belt talent.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 11:04 AM
I was told on this Board numerous time that Guidry was NFL talent. Undoubtedly, these message boards experts didn't watch His Hinds highlights(there weren't many) he was the 3td leading wr on a shitty JUCO team. If you are a SEC/NFL talent then your JUCO stats should blow you away. 20-25 catches for a year most of them short yardage--come on man.--we got just what he is an average sun-belt talent.
LSU passing on him told me all I needed to know about his "nfl talent".

basedog
01-02-2019, 11:11 AM
I graduated from Msu in 1973, I've seen what bad is with our football program. I will never be unhappy about winning 8 games and playing on New Year's day.

Yes it was disappointing losing yesterday, but again, players have to make plays and they didn't. Dropped passes, penalties and interceptions beat us yesterday.

KOdawg1
01-02-2019, 11:15 AM
The blame is solely on Moorhead and Getsy for our crappy WRs. There are Div. II teams with better receivers.

Add that to the fact that we had a QB that was better as a sophomore than a senior, and it all equals a shitty offense. I love Fitz. I'm thankful for everything he's done. However, I won't be sad to see him go.

And while I'm ranting, I see people talking about how Moorhead needs his guys for his offense. I've heard how innovative this offense is. But if it's so difficult that your players can't grasp it or even half way execute it, then maybe your "offense" is the problem. Joe has next year to improve our offense. If we have similar results as this year, Joe will be exposed as a fraud and all smoke and mirrors in my eyes.

AROB44
01-02-2019, 11:25 AM
I graduated from Msu in 1973, I've seen what bad is with our football program. I will never be unhappy about winning 8 games and playing on New Year's day.

Yes it was disappointing losing yesterday, but again, players have to make plays and they didn't. Dropped passes, penalties and interceptions beat us yesterday.

You get it, Coach. But, I will add this....too much trash talking and just being undisciplined.

RiverCityDawg
01-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Our defense will be fine next year

Fine, yes, but not elite. That's the problem. Just a "fine" defense will not be good enough to win 6 games next year if the offense doesn't improve significantly, barring some of our opponents falling off a cliff.

Rayburn8
01-02-2019, 12:02 PM
The drops are his fault and blame him all you want. But not getting in the endzone that play was on Fitz. Guidry was wide open and had to slow down to catch a criminally underthrown ball. If he is even hit a little in stride, he scores there.

basedog
01-02-2019, 12:06 PM
The blame is solely on Moorhead and Getsy for our crappy WRs. There are Div. II teams with better receivers.

Add that to the fact that we had a QB that was better as a sophomore than a senior, and it all equals a shitty offense. I love Fitz. I'm thankful for everything he's done. However, I won't be sad to see him go.

And while I'm ranting, I see people talking about how Moorhead needs his guys for his offense. I've heard how innovative this offense is. But if it's so difficult that your players can't grasp it or even half way execute it, then maybe your "offense" is the problem. Joe has next year to improve our offense. If we have similar results as this year, Joe will be exposed as a fraud and all smoke and mirrors in my eyes.

Blaming Joe and even Getsy for dropped passes, they didn't recruit those guys, let's see what he brings in before bashing after one year. I can tell you Fitz has been great for Msu, but reading defenses has been as bad as his accuracy with passes. He just never developed his whole career reading or throwing accurate.

Btw, he showed a lot of class with his tweet in loving Msu.

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 12:08 PM
The drops are his fault and blame him all you want. But not getting in the endzone that play was on Fitz. Guidry was wide open and had to slow down to catch a criminally underthrown ball. If he is even hit a little in stride, he scores there.

I was actually pretty happy with Fitz on that throw. Yes, Guidry had to slightly slow down but 7 times out of 10 Fitz will sail that pass 5 yards too long and you would get nothing. The complaint to me is not that Fitz failed in hitting him in perfect stride or Guidry getting tripped up but rather not getting into the endzone with 3 tries starting from the 1 yard line. That was pathetic.

basedog
01-02-2019, 12:11 PM
You get it, Coach. But, I will add this....too much trash talking and just being undisciplined.

There is no "coaching up" the so call blue chip ED posters, they are way over rated****

LOL, some have way too much time and not enough hobbies.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 12:14 PM
We are an 8-5 team instead of a 10-3 because of two catches. I know that seems like a hot take but it is true. In the SEC every possession, every pass, every catch, means something.

tcdog70
01-02-2019, 12:28 PM

he has been cussed for overthrowing all year. it was not criminally Underthrown--Guidry should have scored with a little effort. Some can't help but blame Fitz for whatever. That is on Guidry.

basedog
01-02-2019, 12:34 PM
he has been cussed for overthrowing all year. it was not criminally Underthrown--Guidry should have scored with a little effort. Some can't help but blame Fitz for whatever. That is on Guidry.

Yes, he also dropped another pass that was critical.

Dropped passes, penalties and interceptions killed us in this game. As for as Coaching, he put us in position to win but our guys didn't make needed plays. Also the other 4 losses were close, some act like we just got blown out with every loss.

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Watching the highlights again and this guy cost us 10 points. The play where he was tripped up at the 1yd line is despicable. The guy barely touched his shoe string and he falls. The next opportunity tipped or not the ball hit the dude right in the chest. Not to mention the drop he had earlier or the many drops he's had all season. I believe I saw a graphic somewhere earlier that had him ranked the third highest in the conference in drop %. He's a liability and should not be starting for this team, but unfortunately half of our WRs have butter fingers in crucial moments.

I don't think I've ever seen a group of WRs underperform as much as this one. We've never been "WR U," but typically we don't have the clown show out there like we did this year. What happened? I blame the player and the coaching. These guys need to have a football taped to their hands when they're off the field and they need to have balls thrown at them all practice. What a shameful display we've seen from this group all year.

It's unbelievable that we had a QB that can't throw combined with a WR corp that can't catch. I don't think I've seen this bad of a combination my entire life in D1 football. Fitz misses wide open sure TDs by a mile and the WRs drop dimes that hit them right in the hands. I need to go to bed, but this season has built up to be the most disappointing and difficult season to watch by a longshot. At least the latter years with Sherril and the Croom era we never expected much more than mediocrity, but Mullen came in and changed the culture and expectations so much in Starkville that it hurts more than it's ever hurt to be a State fan now when I see the talent that was wasted and the product that was fielded this year.

I never wanted Mullen gone. Mullen wanted Mullen gone. I remember the day I heard he was going to take the TN job right up until the FLA job opened up and he grabbed that. My stomach twisted in knots and I felt that we'd never get a coach like Mullen again. Mullen hadn't finished the job here. He didn't win the championships that were actually possible here with him. We never got the respect that I felt we could've gotten with Mullen staying. If we won and won big here we could pull big name coaches and big recruits here and I thought we were so close to getting there.

To sum it all up I almost wish that the last decade hadn't happened. A lot of MSU fans have gotten very bitter in the recent years up to the point where plenty wanted to fire Mullen because they were sick of 8-9 win seasons (imagine that). The board and some of the people on it have reached almost a hysterical level of toxicity due to the recent success we had that was never enough. It's a dark and hard time right now to be a MSU fan. I want there to be a light at the end of this tunnel, but since Mullen left my old MSU expectations have been creeping back along with the now attached bitterness because of what could've been.

Anyway, late night rant that I intended to only mention Guidry morphed into what it is now. Sorry for being wordy!

Its a dark and hard time to be a MSU fan??? Jesus dude get a grip. And some nuts

BuckyIsAB****
01-02-2019, 12:37 PM
But to your point Guidry was bad and has been way too much of a headache to play like that. He has def underwhelmed

Tbonewannabe
01-02-2019, 12:52 PM

Can you at least wait until we suck next year before declaring it a dark time for MSU? We literally just won 8 games which is what you just said was great under Mullen. I understand that our defense will take a step back but you have to at least hope Moorhead gets his offense to resemble his normal offense at previous schools where he was successful.

Moorhead will definitely have to prove that his offense works next year but the statistics show that this year was actually about equal to last year. We just didn't have a close loss to Bama and a win in the Gator Bowl to make everyone warm and fuzzy.

tcdog70
01-02-2019, 04:45 PM
Yes, he also dropped another pass that was critical.

Dropped passes, penalties and interceptions killed us in this game. As for as Coaching, he put us in position to win but our guys didn't make needed plays. Also the other 4 losses were close, some act like we just got blown out with every loss.

Base, he did drop one on the sideline that would have been a first down--I actually am glad they didn't review his stumble to the one yard line-I think he fumbled out of the end zone. what is your opinion of not putting Fitz under center when we need a yard. Stupid is my opinion. If he qb sneaks it on the one we score pretty easily.

basedog
01-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Base, he did drop one on the sideline that would have been a first down--I actually am glad they didn't review his stumble to the one yard line-I think he fumbled out of the end zone. what is your opinion of not putting Fitz under center when we need a yard. Stupid is my opinion. If he qb sneaks it on the one we score pretty easily.

Well I wasn't surprised about Qb under center, but I was shocked Fitz ran 3 straight times, but I'm pretty sure he did this on his own.

Yes about not reviewing the fumble in the end zone. Also Thompson missed a critical pass but him not being a receiver is iffy I suppose in not catching. We just didn't make plays, we also didn't tackle very well late in the game.

Hopefully we will improve at wr in recruiting. Btw, the positive was Day's punting, he has killed us most of the year but he found his mojo in the Outback. Special teams have to be really good next year. Iowa was good with their's.