PDA

View Full Version : Now that Nick is done for...........

Pit Bull
01-02-2019, 01:16 AM
......how will we (MSU) screw up one of the best QB situations in college football?

MarketingBully
01-02-2019, 01:19 AM
Nick had two offers and a low ceiling. I think we will be fine at the QB spot for a while. Shrader was wanted by everyone.

Pit Bull
01-02-2019, 01:24 AM
You should look at Mayden and KT's offers. Mayden....just to cite a few.....UGA, Ohio State, Nebraska, Tennessee just to name a few. KT has a nice list. And Shrader has 9 SEC offers. All 3 are some of the best talent we could have dreamed of. But somehow, I feel this staff will mishandle it beyond belief.

KOdawg1
01-02-2019, 01:29 AM
I think people are sleeping on Mayden.

TimberBeast
01-02-2019, 01:32 AM
If you don’t have guys that can catch the football, none of this really matters.

MetEdDawg
01-02-2019, 01:40 AM
I haven't really heard anything about Mayden as the season went on.

I'm hoping between the 3 we find one that gets the playbook and understands what to do. Shrader to me is that guy and his skill set has no holes that I can see. Can make every throw, has speed and good arm strength. Can he pick it up quick enough to get reps?

MarketingBully
01-02-2019, 01:51 AM
If you don’t have guys that can catch the football, none of this really matters.

It helps if you have a QB who can consistently get the ball to the receivers. Receivers are going to drop passes but if they drop passes and the QB is erratic passing the ball it magnifies their drops. Moorhead was really dealt a bad hand this year. Unreal expectations, a fifth year senior who couldn’t pass for shit, and first year coaching mistakes he will learn from. Was 8-5 a record that this team should have had? Probably not but was it this doom and gloom season State fans have been moaning and groaning about? Nope.

TimberBeast
01-02-2019, 01:56 AM
It helps if you have a QB who can consistently get the ball to the receivers. Receivers are going to drop passes but if they drop passes and the QB is erratic passing the ball it magnifies their drops. Moorhead was really dealt a bad hand this year. Unreal expectations, a fifth year senior who couldn’t pass for shit, and first year coaching mistakes he will learn from. Was 8-5 a record that this team should have had? Probably not but was it this doom and gloom season State fans have been moaning and groaning about? Nope.

The touchdown pass that bounced off guidreys hands, was because fitz doesn’t always hit them directly in the hands?

parabrave
01-02-2019, 02:03 AM
The touchdown pass that bounced off guidreys hands, was because fitz doesn’t always hit them directly in the hands?

The call playing in where you wait until 2 seconds so the defense knows when to make the last adjustments to screw up the read. Happened more than one this season. Or sending a message to your team that you have no confidence in them by not going for it on 4th down, twice.

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 05:28 AM

That was Guidry's fault and things weren't always Nick's fault. But one isolated play where it wasn't Nick's fault doesn't mean that Nick was without his faults in the big picture.

Also it doesn't help that Nick throws everything at 100 MPH even screen passes a lot of the time.

RougeDawg
01-02-2019, 05:44 AM
It helps if you have a QB who can consistently get the ball to the receivers. Receivers are going to drop passes but if they drop passes and the QB is erratic passing the ball it magnifies their drops. Moorhead was really dealt a bad hand this year. Unreal expectations, a fifth year senior who couldn?t pass for shit, and first year coaching mistakes he will learn from. Was 8-5 a record that this team should have had? Probably not but was it this doom and gloom season State fans have been moaning and groaning about? Nope.

Other SEC QB?s have close to as many errant overthrows as Fitz. Fromm was all over the map last night. The difference I. Fromm, Burrow, Mond, et al. are that they all have elite WR talent that go get and actually catch the ball. That beast for A&M hardly ever drops one even when he has defenders interfering with him. Ridley for Georgia is like a human vacuum cleaner. LSU always has talent at WR even though they are underutilized.

I?m sick of repeating that we win 3 more games now if we have any inkling of the WR talent that almost every other SEC team has. The Lack of WR talent and offensive woes are due to the Country Club recruiting. Fitz made a lot of money throws all year that hit our receivers and were flat out dropped. You all saw that first hand yesterday.

Lastly, his can anyone drop a f*cking pass with those gloves they wear. It?s harder to not catch one than to catch one because the ball sticks to the gloves.

Pit Bull
01-02-2019, 05:49 AM
I haven't really heard anything about Mayden as the season went on.

I'm hoping between the 3 we find one that gets the playbook and understands what to do. Shrader to me is that guy and his skill set has no holes that I can see. Can make every throw, has speed and good arm strength. Can he pick it up quick enough to get reps?

KT and Mayden played against the top level classifications in their states. Not sure Shrader has gone against NC's best. In Texas, the top classification is as good or better than most JUCOs.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 09:40 AM

This. Our route running is atrocious and our WR's can't catch. Nick is not faultless (far from it) but an erratic QB plus WR's with stone hands = a really bad passing game. Two easy pass completions are the difference between a 8-5 season and a 10-3 season.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2019, 09:53 AM
KT and Mayden played against the top level classifications in their states. Not sure Shrader has gone against NC's best. In Texas, the top classification is as good or better than most JUCOs.

I watched Mayden in HS & the team he played against sucked.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 09:54 AM
I just think that Moorhead highly undervalues the talent that was on the offense when he got here. He wants his athletes not someone elses. It will be his undoing.

1bigdawg
01-02-2019, 09:57 AM

To add, both were very successful against that top competition. KT won a championship and Mayden went pretty deep in the playoffs.