PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Brandon Walker stirred up a shit storm! Just looking at

Saltydog
01-01-2019, 09:27 PM
his last podcast and Iowa fans and even a couple of State fans are giving him hell! They?re alleging he made a comment about Iowa being ?white and slow?! Some are indicating they will be contacting MSU and asking for his press credentials to be revoked! I think the actual vid of him saying it he took down!

Cooterpoot
01-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I heard him. I’m white and unoffended though.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 09:40 PM
He has press credentials? I thought he was some dude with a Podcast trying to take over for Stingray.

maroonmania
01-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I heard him. I’m white and unoffended though.

I'm white and wasn't offended when told I couldn't jump, why should I be offended by being told I'm slow? Or maybe only black people are allowed to tell me those things?***

Commercecomet24
01-01-2019, 09:57 PM
If people are getting worked up over that they got way to much time on their hands and not enough real life things to worry about.

msudawg1200
01-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Well, they were mostly white and slow, but they kicked our rear ends.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2019, 10:04 PM
We kicked our own rear ends.... with some help from PAC 12 refs

maroonmania
01-01-2019, 10:09 PM
We kicked our own rear ends.... with some help from PAC 12 refs

Exactly, we had 150 more yards of offense but offset that with nearly 100 more yards in penalties (warranted or not). We were our own worst enemy today as we have been in several games this year. Or least our 2nd worst enemy behind the officials that apparently felt Iowa played flawlessly but yet felt the need to flag us on multiple highly judgmental calls.

BeardoMSU
01-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Yeah, well...he ain't wrong....Ron's bit could just as easily be about Iowa, instead of Kansas.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbYnrwCU9Bk

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm white and wasn't offended when told I couldn't jump, why should I be offended by being told I'm slow? Or maybe only black people are allowed to tell me those things?***

In Mississippi the white people tell the other white people that too and we just accept it. I don't know about Iowa but that's maybe where the disconnect is coming from.

Never bothered me either and I'm pretty fast for a person my age- 8 minute miles baby! And I'm white too!

Lance Harbor
01-01-2019, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure why anyone is concerned with whomever Brandon Walker is.

his last podcast and Iowa fans and even a couple of State fans are giving him hell! They?re alleging he made a comment about Iowa being ?white and slow?! Some are indicating they will be contacting MSU and asking for his press credentials to be revoked! I think the actual vid of him saying it he took down!

Pollodawg
01-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Meh. It was an unfortunate comment, but it aint like the dude started spouting quotes from Mein Kampf.

RocketDawg
01-01-2019, 11:28 PM
I don't think it offended any white people, but why bring race into everything?

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 12:00 AM

I like listening to Brandon because he is entertaining and is like talking to another diehard MSU fan on the street so I will continue to listen. With that said he is not politically correct and often takes things to the line if not over which is the reason why he is on a podcast and not on radio. OM people hate him because he calls them out on all of their crap without pulling any punches. I'm really not sure how Iowa folks even found him or why they would be listening to him given his show is only on facebook live.

TimberBeast
01-02-2019, 12:04 AM

Some people do that, everyday, all the time, every chance they get, about everything.

Goldendawg
01-02-2019, 12:16 AM
So he doesn't lose as many advertisers as Tucker Carlson?

Dawg61
01-02-2019, 05:01 AM
Some people do that, everyday, all the time, every chance they get, about everything.

Yup and they post their faux outrage everywhere on the internet

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I noticed Iowa fans are nice until they win. They are obviously not used to winning as they went from nice to complete assholes once they won.

It's one thing for one State fan to spout off after a loss on his video podcast. But he's getting death threats now from Iowa fans and the stuff they are saying about Mississippi on his facebook site goes WAAAAAAAAY past anything he said in his little podcast.

Grace in victory is greater than grace in defeat. Iowa fans apparently put on a nice face but are actually terrible people when they have the victory. They are a bunch of classless clowns.

Saltydog
01-02-2019, 10:04 AM
roast him. He has no official connection to MSU so not sure there's anything they can do from that perspective and he works for himself so it's not like they can get him fired either.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 10:14 AM
The most that could happen is that he loses some sponsors but I don't think that will happen. I doubt anyone from Iowa frequents Starkville establishments. At the end of the day the Iowa fans just come across as classless, poor winners. You can definitely tell they aren't used to winning bowl games.

Bully13
01-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Yup and they post their faux outrage everywhere on the internet

Just like you. That's why you're were banned from the political board.

chef dixon
01-02-2019, 10:40 AM
No really big deal what he said, but he is overly emotional and obnoxious.

Saltydog
01-02-2019, 12:28 PM
apology to them sometime today.........

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 03:33 PM
apology to them sometime today.........

And this is really all over the white and slow comment? That is really what all the uproar is about?

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Most of us don't know who Brandon Walker is, including me. Why do they even care?

TUSK
01-02-2019, 03:49 PM
What's so offensive about referring to slow, white people as "slow and white"...

I am pleased to see the fake outrage being "spread around" though...

Commercecomet24
01-02-2019, 03:53 PM
I heard one of my players say one time that his brother ran like a crack head! Would that be offensive to crack heads?****

dawgday166
01-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Crackheads United thinks so **

Hambone
01-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Cost him his sponsorship

RocketDawg
01-02-2019, 03:59 PM
And this is really all over the white and slow comment? That is really what all the uproar is about?

What if the table had been turned, Iowa lost the game, and one of their radio guys slammed MSU by saying "they were almost totally, undisciplined black boys". I suspect that would make the national news and the guy would never work again.

He never should have said such a thing. If he'd left the racial thing out and just said Iowa was slow, there would have been no problem, whether it was true or not.

RocketDawg
01-02-2019, 04:01 PM
What's so offensive about referring to slow, white people as "slow and white"...

I am pleased to see the fake outrage being "spread around" though...

There's nothing offensive about it, it's just a dumb thing to say in this hypersensitive day and age.

MaroonFlounder
01-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Brandon is not for everyone, but I have his back when it comes to death threats by opposing fans and them contacting his sponsor.

That's what ole piss fans do.

graddawg
01-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Cost him his sponsorship

Surely you aren't serious. Do Maroon & Co. or Gondolier in Starkville actually care about something so trivial or outrage in Iowa City, Iowa?

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Surely you aren't serious. Do Maroon & Co. or Gondolier in Starkville actually care about something so trivial or outrage in Iowa City, Iowa?

Gondolier pulled their sponsorship. He confirmed this on facebook. He also said he would probably lose his MSU credentials.

JoseBrown
01-02-2019, 04:38 PM

And if a slow, white guy can't poke fun at slow, white guys, who can?....every other ethnicity, that's who..sucks when you can't poke fun of your own kind....

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 04:40 PM
Gondolier pulled their sponsorship. He confirmed this on facebook. He also said he would probably lose his MSU credentials.

And after getting bashed it looks like they are sponsoring him again.

I'm still surprised that he was given MSU credentials in the first place.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 04:43 PM
And if a slow, white guy can't poke fun at slow, white guys, who can?....every other ethnicity, that's who..sucks when you can't poke fun of your own kind....

These days it depends on the day of the week and flavor of the month

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-02-2019, 04:51 PM
That's because he is an arrogant asshole that thinks he's hilarious.

West Tn Dawg
01-02-2019, 04:52 PM
I heard every bit of it. He should have just reviewed the game and left off the bashing Iowa players. They did nothing but play the game. He just kept on bashing them. I was ashamed of him.

Mutt the Hoople
01-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Yeah, Iowa was slow...but they were also smart, disciplined, and prepared. What would Iowa's record be in the SEC West? About 6-6. They wouldn't have near the time to prepare for the Auburns, LSU, Alabamas, Texas A&M's, or even the Kentuckys or Ole Miss'. However, they had time to prepare for us, and we didn't execute.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 05:09 PM
That's because he is an arrogant asshole that thinks he's hilarious.

He is hilarious. My wife isn't a huge college football fan but she gets a kick out of listening to him after a MSU loss.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 05:11 PM
And after getting bashed it looks like they are sponsoring him again.

I'm still surprised that he was given MSU credentials in the first place.

Now that's funny. I was wondering who from Iowa visits Gondolier to warrant such a reaction. They were about to lose a lot of business from MSU fans though.

DeputyDawg94
01-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Serious question. If a black person had made the same comments would the reaction be different? Personally, if I had heard Rufus make the comments my reaction would have been the same. For those who don’t know, Rufus Warren co-hosts the show with Brandon sometimes before home games. I didn’t have a problem with what he said but he does need to understand that in today’s climate very few can make any kind of racial remark and it not get blown out of proportion.

IowaFan
01-02-2019, 05:23 PM
I think Iowa fans probably weren't happy about the news that MSUs star D linemen were talking smack to younger Iowa players DURING A HOSPITAL VISIT!

Besides, I'm sure the death threats came from Cornhusker fans posing as Iowa fans.

Dawgology
01-02-2019, 05:30 PM
I think Iowa fans probably weren't happy about the news that MSUs star D linemen were talking smack to younger Iowa players DURING A HOSPITAL VISIT!

Besides, I'm sure the death threats came from Cornhusker fans posing as Iowa fans.

No doubt. Down here we have Ole Miss fans that pull those shenanigans.

Commercecomet24
01-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Yep The Gondolier is back on board for Brandon.

maroonmania
01-02-2019, 07:07 PM
What if the table had been turned, Iowa lost the game, and one of their radio guys slammed MSU by saying "they were almost totally, undisciplined black boys". I suspect that would make the national news and the guy would never work again.

He never should have said such a thing. If he'd left the racial thing out and just said Iowa was slow, there would have been no problem, whether it was true or not.

Maybe so, but a white guy making that comment about other white guys shouldn't be such a big to do. Can't Iowa just enjoy their win without worrying about what an MSU podcaster on facebook says? Its not like our radio play by play guy said it. Some of the politically correct stuff just gets old. And without saying anything about color we absolutely ARE undisciplined. Spinning footballs, throat slashes, the out of control KY debacle, and we also made the first shove to start the Egg Brawl. JoMo needs to lay down the law in the offseason about the way our players conduct themselves on the field IMO. Stupid penalties were another huge factor in losing the bowl game.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2019, 07:21 PM
The men are becoming few and in between in the United States. Folks got to stop all the getting their ****** hurt over little things that is taking wrong.