PDA

View Full Version : Felipe franks

msstate7
01-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Keep an eye on him as a transfer. Mullen has emery jones who he apparently loves. It wouldn't surprise me if Franks sees the writing on the wall and leaves. Franks was not liked by the Florida fan base either. If he does go, I'd be all over him. I think he would be a decent fit here over Mullen's offense. I realize this is a long shot...

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Dan also likes to play upperclassmen. Hi Tyler Russell!

And Dan thinks he can make anyone fit his offense. It would take something drastic- like losing to South Alabama to make a switch.

Bothrops
01-01-2019, 09:01 PM
I can't see us winning anymore games with him, but go get him I guess.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Tommy Stevens would be the guy I'd try to reach out to though as a bridge to shrader. Sean Clifford will almost certainly win the starting job at penn st

bulldawg28
01-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Franks isn't transferring.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 09:04 PM
I can't see us winning anymore games with him, but go get him I guess.

His passer rating was 143.34. Not great but solid. He limits Mullen's offense with him lack of running ability

RocketDawg
01-01-2019, 09:04 PM
What we need to do is to get Tua to transfer. **

parabrave
01-01-2019, 09:14 PM
What we need to do is to get Tua to transfer. **

And Waddle and Smith And every O Lineman**

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 09:39 PM
I really don't like the RPO offense. Never really have.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 09:42 PM
I really don't like the RPO offense. Never really have.

I don't either. I think run first spread is the correct offense for our recruiting base. I liked being a redshirt program. Mullen just couldn't consistently recruit olinemen, cornerbacks, and WRs. I liked Mullen's plan, but we needed a coach that could match his coaching ability and recruit better.

Lance Harbor
01-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Franks is not an upgrade.

Keep an eye on him as a transfer. Mullen has emery jones who he apparently loves. It wouldn't surprise me if Franks sees the writing on the wall and leaves. Franks was not liked by the Florida fan base either. If he does go, I'd be all over him. I think he would be a decent fit here over Mullen's offense. I realize this is a long shot...

3rdGen
01-02-2019, 12:03 AM
NO THANKS!!!

You would be all over a guy with a 2% higher percentage comp rate for his career who had better receivers*** and would have to come in and learn a new system for one year after learning a system for one year.
But he got touch***

I also don’t believe this would be a upgrade.

MAYDEN FTW!!!*** no but really I want to hear more about him. What the deal is?

msstate7
01-02-2019, 12:13 AM
NO THANKS!!!

You would be all over a guy with a 2% higher percentage comp rate for his career who had better receivers*** and would have to come in and learn a new system for one year after learning a system for one year.
But he got touch***

I also don’t believe this would be a upgrade.

MAYDEN FTW!!!*** no but really I want to hear more about him. What the deal is?

Passer rating is the stat to look at. Franks was at 143.34 as a soph. That's not bad... 7th in sec

TimberBeast
01-02-2019, 12:28 AM
What we need is anyone that can catch a football.

MarketingBully
01-02-2019, 01:59 AM
I don't either. I think run first spread is the correct offense for our recruiting base. I liked being a redshirt program. Mullen just couldn't consistently recruit olinemen, cornerbacks, and WRs. I liked Mullen's plan, but we needed a coach that could match his coaching ability and recruit better.

Worked for Freeze at Ole Miss. Mullen’s “plan” is a big reason why we have a shitty reputation with wide receivers and why it’s hard for us to recruit them even now.

msstate7
01-02-2019, 07:38 AM
Worked for Freeze at Ole Miss. Mullen?s ?plan? is a big reason why we have a shitty reputation with wide receivers and why it?s hard for us to recruit them even now.

Mullen is at florida. Freeze is at liberty. We're disappointed with an 8-win season. OM just went 5-7 for 2nd straight year and staring at 4-8 next year. You didn't think about what you said, did you?

MarketingBully
01-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Mullen is at florida. Freeze is at liberty. We're disappointed with an 8-win season. OM just went 5-7 for 2nd straight year and staring at 4-8 next year. You didn't think about what you said, did you?

You stated the RPO doesn’t work in the SEC and doesn’t fit our skill set or recruiting base. Freeze disproved all those things. The RPO works in the SEC. Alabama is doing it. Ole Miss did it. Your point made no sense.