PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Fan Here

BreadLoser2k19
01-01-2019, 08:10 PM
I made an account here for the sole purpose of posing an interesting question I have long thought about. Mississippi football programs do one of 3 things. Either they underachieve (MSU this year), are irrelevant(OM this year), or get railed by the NCAA (both schools have experienced this). What if MS had only one SEC school. Imagine a university that has the entire state of MS at its disposal. The fanbase would be massive, the resources would be flowing, and the ability to lock down MS talent would be so easy. I?m sure we would have a program that is on LSU?s level, if not better. Mississippi teams are screwed because there usually isn?t enough talent to go around, and the two schools look stupid with how they obsess over each other. And YES, both schools obsess over each other, my Rebs are just as guilty. I can?t help but imagine a 100K seat stadium packed to the brim with passionate MS fans, we?d be a national power, and we would be given the same respect given to blue blood programs. I wish someone back in the day had considered this. Louisiana has ONE SEC school, so no wonder they can get 90,000+ in a stadium. MS would have as many if not more than most national powers....oh well. Back to another year of mediocrity.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2019, 08:11 PM
I thought Rebels weren't allowed here.

BreadLoser2k19
01-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Google.com is an easy way to look up what Dak’s full name is.

Coursesuper
01-01-2019, 08:20 PM
If Mississippi would have accepted the Ag School it would be that way, but they did and land grant MSU was born.

TUSK
01-01-2019, 08:23 PM
I'm your huckleberry....

say "when".......

Commercecomet24
01-01-2019, 08:24 PM
I'm your huckleberry....

say "when".......

Great movie!

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2019, 08:42 PM
I made an account here for the sole purpose of posing an interesting question I have long thought about. Mississippi football programs do one of 3 things. Either they underachieve (MSU this year), are irrelevant(OM this year), or get railed by the NCAA (both schools have experienced this). What if MS had only one SEC school. Imagine a university that has the entire state of MS at its disposal. The fanbase would be massive, the resources would be flowing, and the ability to lock down MS talent would be so easy. I?m sure we would have a program that is on LSU?s level, if not better. Mississippi teams are screwed because there usually isn?t enough talent to go around, and the two schools look stupid with how they obsess over each other. And YES, both schools obsess over each other, my Rebs are just as guilty. I can?t help but imagine a 100K seat stadium packed to the brim with passionate MS fans, we?d be a national power, and we would be given the same respect given to blue blood programs. I wish someone back in the day had considered this. Louisiana has ONE SEC school, so no wonder they can get 90,000+ in a stadium. MS would have as many if not more than most national powers....oh well. Back to another year of mediocrity.

We'd more than welcome you going to G5 so that can happen

RocketDawg
01-01-2019, 09:12 PM
There's little doubt a single SEC school in the state would play better than two. I don't think you'd fill a 100K stadium, but a single team would be better ... mostly. Look at Arkansas, so it's not a given.

It'll never happen though. The schools weren't established based on prowess in football, but still a single school 150 years ago would have been better in the long run in sports, and academically as well (which is what universities are for).

fader2103
01-01-2019, 09:22 PM
You know we have room for you and your money to change fandoms. If you want MS to have one national power be the start of the change from that shitty school up north and come to the light which is Miss. State.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Never thought of this.

-said no Rebel or Bulldog fan ever

Pit Bull
01-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Just so you know.....it was tried once. Didn't work at all. Two totally different cultures.