PDA

View Full Version : Having the Off Week has allowed me time to think about the State of Our Program.

RougeDawg
10-19-2013, 04:02 PM
First of all Dan and Strick are quickly losing the fan base. Dan with his ***** mentality in game and Strick for allowing the gameday/in game atmosphere turn into complete horse shit. We have beaten the gameday atmosphere to death lately so I will focus on Dan.

Is it just me, or does Dan only play for the day? He doesn't seem to have much foresight for the future of the program. Looking at the QB situation is the epitomy of Dan Mullen and his mindset. All we heard before last year was that Dak was pushing Tyler for the starting job and could very well take it as a RS Freshman. Season starts and Dak gets minimal playing time. We can see the potential from him, from what little time we see him. We play tyler all last year, win 8, gain false sense of security, and get our backup QB no experience.

If Dak had played last year, we still go bowling and win at least 8. The wins may shift a little but we still win at least 8. This year Dak comes out and has experience going into Ok St and we can effectively run our gameplan against them. Run the ball and control the clock. Dak also doesn't have to make his first road start at Auburn this year and we win that one. We should have won it anyway, but the chances improve if he had gotten experience. Dan has had a history of playing the upperclassmen over equally or more than talented underclassmen. This type of mentality has held us back and the reason we seem to be stuck in a rut. Just look at Shumpert this year. He's barely getting touches this year, and will still be in Freshman mode first half of next season. Why didn't we at least split time at QB last year? It helped Russell ease into his first starting roll.

I'm just about done with Dan. From his in game management to players on field and getting touches, its apparent that we will not take the next step unless he leaves or changes his approach. I'm ****ing sick and tired of Dan trying to run the clock out every time he gets a lead, no matter if its 5 minutes into the 1st quarter or 5 min remaining in the game. He takes foot off pedal and goes into conservative mode. You cannot coach with the "play not to lose" mentality and take the next step. Unless I see some major change in mentality and game management the rest of 2013, I'm done with Dan. It's time to make a change somewhere.

Op4isabitch
10-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Not sure if I'm all in with what you posted but I am certainly growing tired of the in game management from Dan and as for the game day atmosphere.....yeah Scott needs to really do something about it, it plain stinks!!!

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree about the part about Dak. If you have a manageable schedule, there is no reason to not get your back-ups some quality playing time. We should have used a two QB system the entire time. I agree with you about his game management and not getting people touches.

I also think that Dan doesn't utilize certain players correctly- see LaDarius Perkins.

Bigedawg
10-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Didn't they hire a lady from La Tech this year to come in and oversee the in stadium experience? If this is her main job description, her performance is right up there with Bracky. You wouldn't think that improving the atmosphere would be this difficult, but we continue to struggle.

TrapGame
10-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I started an unintentional shit storm on another board by saying that if Dak had been prepped for eight months to play OSU and not Tyler we would have won. And after reading the op's opinion on playing Dak more last year I'm convinced this should have been the way to go. We could be looking at 5-1 right now.

Drugdog
10-19-2013, 05:17 PM
A friend of mine (LSU ) fan went to our game. He said the commercials were embarrassing. He said they Do Not play commercials at Bama, LSU, auburn etc. said our game day experience was good but for the commercials.

Why can't we stop them. We don't need that little bit of money.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Didn't they hire a lady from La Tech this year to come in and oversee the in stadium experience? If this is her main job description, her performance is right up there with Bracky. You wouldn't think that improving the atmosphere would be this difficult, but we continue to struggle.

We hired someone from La Tech to oversee our stadium experience? That would be like Cohen hiring Bianco to handle our pitching staff.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 05:40 PM
A friend of mine (LSU ) fan went to our game. He said the commercials were embarrassing. He said they Do Not play commercials at Bama, LSU, auburn etc. said our game day experience was good but for the commercials.

Why can't we stop them. We don't need that little bit of money.

That's true for the most part- and I say that because I think Bama has ads on the ribbon boards. (Coke ads?) I might be mistaken on that- but without a doubt there were very few ads.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Thats not true, can't speak to the frequency of their commercials, but I've seen car commercials at all venues, and Bryant Denny pumps Alabama Power company to death.

Again, can't speak to how often they do the commercial, and timing is everything, but its a damn lie to say they don't do them. I've been to multiple games at all 3