PDA

View Full Version : How many of y?all calling for Moorhead?s head were at game today?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2019, 05:08 PM
It was a pretty embarrassing turnout for MSU fans....

Pollodawg
01-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Why does that matter? Are we fan shaming again?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Why does that matter? Are we fan shaming again?

Yep. If you don’t vote, don’t fuss about election.

msudawg1200
01-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Well, I didn’t go so I can’t complain about it, but the attendance was 40,519 which is the lowest in the history of the bowl.

RezDog7
01-01-2019, 06:30 PM

Voting is free

msstate7
01-01-2019, 06:31 PM
All this time I thought it was dumb penalties, terrible clock management, bad passing, bad catching, blown assignments, etc that cost us the win. I now see it was my fault for not being there. Sorry, not sorry... I chose saints vs Steelers last week over this one, and I made the right choice seeing brees vs Big Ben

Pollodawg
01-01-2019, 06:32 PM

So, if you didn’t drive a 1,000 miles to attend a game, you’re not entitled to an opinion? LMAO
So, you never, ever complain about your favorite pro team, then?

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 06:33 PM

Well, my family has bought FB season tickets for 50 plus years and late Father charter Bulldog Club member, but I couldn't make the game. Sorry.

Pollodawg
01-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Sorry, guys. We lost because enough of us didn’t go to the game. We weren’t there to block, tackle, and kick.

Gutter Cobreh
01-01-2019, 06:35 PM
All this time I thought it was dumb penalties, terrible clock management, bad passing, bad catching, blown assignments, etc that cost us the win. I now see it was my fault for not being there. Sorry, not sorry... I chose saints vs Steelers last week over this one, and I made the right choice seeing brees vs Big Ben

Then why don't you spend 99% of your message board time on a Saints site??? Also, please take Shotgun and his twitter feed threads here with you!***

msstate7
01-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Then why don't you spend 99% of your message board time on a Saints site??? Also, please take Shotgun and his twitter feed threads here with you!***
Bc I'd miss you

Mobile Bay
01-01-2019, 06:40 PM
I had to work yesterday and I have to work tomorrow. Plus I can't drive at night

So you can kiss my ass

bluelightstar
01-01-2019, 06:41 PM
I was there watching Moorhead make head-scratching decisions and burn timeouts in the third quarter. The guy can’t manage a clock for 17.

RezDog7
01-01-2019, 06:45 PM
I was there watching Moorhead make head-scratching decisions and burn timeouts in the third quarter. The guy can’t manage a clock for 17.

I remember people saying the same thing about Mullen. Oh wait, this was the most talented team in the history of football

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 06:48 PM
I was there. It was probably even worse in person because you could see the wide open receivers that Nick didn't throw to.

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2019, 06:49 PM
I think what he is saying is that everyone on here wants a big time program and we don't have a fanbase that supports big time. Our bowl travel has gotten stagnant because "Florida is too far", "I need to hunt", "Tickets are too expensive". If you want to be a big boy team and get invites to big bowls, you have to show up. Our turnout wasn't bad at all. It just wasn't two national big name brands that would have brought another 10,000 on regular fans wanting to attend.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 06:51 PM
I think what he is saying is that everyone on here wants a big time program and we don't have a fanbase that support big time. Our bowl travel has gotten stagnant because "Florida is too far", "I need to hunt", "Tickets are too expensive". If you want to be a big boy team and get invites to big bowls, you have to show up. Our turnout wasn't bad at all. It just wasn't two national big name brands that would have brought another 10,000 on regular fans wanting to attend.

Now the Liberty Bowl- we will show up for that.

Jacksondevildog
01-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Indeed, because we can make it back home in time to watch Andy Griffith.

Now the Liberty Bowl- we will show up for that.

Dawgology
01-01-2019, 06:54 PM
I’m on call for New Years for 3 counties or I would have been. But I do donate to MSU athletics and academics. I also gave them about $16k getting my undergrad there. I felel like I invest enough to bitch about it if I want to.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 06:57 PM
I’m on call for New Years for 3 counties or I would have been. But I do donate to MSU athletics and academics. I also gave them about $16k getting my undergrad there. I felel like I invest enough to bitch about it if I want to.

Only if you go to the bowl game. Regular games, basketball, and baseball all the time don't count. If you don't show to the bowl, you're a crappy fan and your voice shouldn't be heard

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Only if you go to the bowl game. Regular games, basketball, and baseball all the time don't count. If you don't show to the bowl, you're a crappy fan and your voice shouldn't be heard

Well as much as we have bitched about the Outback Bowl snubbing us I don't think we helped ourselves today. Which is sort of odd to me to be honest.

msstate7
01-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Well as much as we have bitched about the Outback Bowl snubbing us I don't think we helped ourselves today. Which is sort of odd to me to be honest.

Some of us were more serious about our boycott than others haha

99jc
01-01-2019, 07:06 PM
I'm in Florida but deployed doing disaster relief work in Pamama city for FEMA or I would have been there to cuss at Moorhead in person.

Goldendawg
01-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Live in a county bordering bama. Even though family has bought 8 to 12 FB season tickets for 50 plus years, being a State grad, and attending many other bowls, can scrap Bulldog Club sticker off cars and take off MSU tags. Can afford to drive to two local Walmarts and buy plenty of bama stickers for said vehicles and Russell Athletic (cheapest) bama t-shirts as most "fans" in this county. Don't want to waste gas. Problem, will either Walmart be open on New Year's Day for this change?***** Hail State!

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Some of us were more serious about our boycott than others haha

Apparently.

I was one of the few MSU fans happy with the Peach Bowl in 1999. We needed a bowl win more at that point than we needed a luau party.

Todd4State
01-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Oh- and bowl pro tip for people that don't have a lot of time. Lots of direct flights out of New Orleans. Only one hour and 14 minute flight from there to Tampa. You barely finish your peanuts and you're there.

Homedawg
01-01-2019, 07:14 PM

I contribute plenty enough to the bulldog club to bitch about his performance from my couch. But thanks bud

Maridian Dawg
01-01-2019, 07:15 PM
I was there and it was atrocious. Mooron made bad decision after bad decision. Fits also couldn’t show the slightest competence to make a simple read. If Moorhead would’ve grown a pair, we’d have walked away with a 7-10 point win. Doesn’t help that the refs haven’t ever seen big boy football. I’m disgusted.

Coursesuper
01-01-2019, 07:18 PM
I contribute plenty enough to the bulldog club to bitch about his performance from my couch. But thanks bud

Amen!

RougeDawg
01-01-2019, 07:24 PM
I was there. It was probably even worse in person because you could see the wide open receivers that Nick didn't throw to.

Yea. The one he thre into triple coverage going into north endzone had two receivers wide open in single man coverage. For some reason he can not see when a receiver has single man coverage and just throw a back shoulder ball.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2019, 08:02 PM
This thinking is such horseshit. Bc you didn't come to the game you have to sit out bitching or talking positive about things from that game? Horseshit.

TALL DAWG
01-01-2019, 08:17 PM

Yes, at the game u could see 87 and 1...wide open...for TD catches on 3-4 plays but Nick didnt look their way. He locked in on 1 receiver and never looked off.

However, if we catch 2 of 3 drops for TDs,
we win by 9 pts. So, as bad as it was, we STILL should have won the game.

Dawgology
01-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Additionally, I know a lot of fans had become disenchanted due to the team struggles this year. Those of us on this board get excited about a few wins in a row but the casual fan looks at the buildup for the year and then the wheels kind of falling off and just lose interest. It’s going to be tough sledding next year if we look like this again. Support and interest will drop dramatically

Bothrops
01-01-2019, 09:07 PM
I was there, but I'm willing to give Moorhead one more chance to see what he can do with a qb. I just don't see us going bowling next year though. We don't play many teams that can't beat us. Gonna need a difference maker of a passer to go bowling in 2019.

maroonmania
01-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Well, my family has bought FB season tickets for 50 plus years and late Father charter Bulldog Club member, but I couldn't make the game. Sorry.

I've had season tickets for 10 years and the cost of all that is substantial. Maybe if I could have taken my Outback Bowl expense as a credit toward my daughter's MSU tuition I would have gone. Only so much blood you can squeeze out of a turnip when the game can be watched at home in high def.

Bothrops
01-01-2019, 09:28 PM
The refs were blatantly biased in Iowa's favor. I think it was an emotional thing due to Iowa's home field tradition, and likely negative attitude towards anything Mississippi. People may snicker, but I'm dead serious. Whatever the case, they showed favor to the Hawkeyes. Indisputable favor.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2019, 11:05 PM
**** that. I'll call a dog shit coaching performance a dog shit coaching performance from my couch, the game, or anywhere else I Damn well please. I pump a bunch of my hard earned money into this program, and even if I didn't, I'd still say Moorhead sucked this year and that I'd be fine if he didn't catch the flight back. Screw that "if you didn't go you can't complain" bullshit.

WildDawg
01-01-2019, 11:24 PM
I was there and it was atrocious. Mooron made bad decision after bad decision. Fits also couldn’t show the slightest competence to make a simple read. If Moorhead would’ve grown a pair, we’d have walked away with a 7-10 point win. Doesn’t help that the refs haven’t ever seen big boy football. I’m disgusted.

I didn’t go,so I suppose all I can say is....Maridian, May I use your assessment for my opinion of the game?? Because I think it fits pretty well with what I would have thought if I had been able to go and have an opinion.

Maridian Dawg
01-02-2019, 08:05 PM
I didn’t go,so I suppose all I can say is....Maridian, May I use your assessment for my opinion of the game?? Because I think it fits pretty well with what I would have thought if I had been able to go and have an opinion.

+1

Todd4State
01-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Yea. The one he thre into triple coverage going into north endzone had two receivers wide open in single man coverage. For some reason he can not see when a receiver has single man coverage and just throw a back shoulder ball.

Yes, at the game u could see 87 and 1...wide open...for TD catches on 3-4 plays but Nick didnt look their way. He locked in on 1 receiver and never looked off.

However, if we catch 2 of 3 drops for TDs,
we win by 9 pts. So, as bad as it was, we STILL should have won the game.

YES! These people know EXACTLY what I was talking about.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've had season tickets for 10 years and the cost of all that is substantial. Maybe if I could have taken my Outback Bowl expense as a credit toward my daughter's MSU tuition I would have gone. Only so much blood you can squeeze out of a turnip when the game can be watched at home in high def.

I bet everyone would prefer this over BC points. I like that idea. Especially if we end up losing the game.

Dawg61
01-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Why the asterisks?

RocketDawg
01-03-2019, 06:05 PM

I've had season tickets for close to 30 years, but I'm at the point that I'd rather watch the game on television. A football weekend is physically draining, let alone a much longer trip to a bowl game. It has nothing to do with our won/loss record.

RocketDawg
01-03-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm in Florida but deployed doing disaster relief work in Pamama city for FEMA or I would have been there to cuss at Moorhead in person.

You're still there? I was there over Christmas, and PC looks pretty bad. In fact, it's bad north almost to the Florida/Alabama line. My son's in PCB, and he was fortunate relative to many others; just got his new roof on yesterday after several water damage events since October.

Jack Lambert
01-03-2019, 06:18 PM
This thinking is such horseshit. Bc you didn't come to the game you have to sit out bitching or talking positive about things from that game? Horseshit.

I agree that anyone should be able to bitch about the game but no one should bitch about attendance who was not there. Not saying that is you. :)

Jack Lambert
01-03-2019, 06:20 PM

And I am still sun burned.

IMissJack
01-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Yep. If you don?t vote, don?t fuss about election.

Screw that theory! I've got about $5000 reasons to have an opinion every year.